Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Hull?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (13%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (3.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      20 (37%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (3.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      15 (27.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (3.7%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2017 04:55:51 pm

Hull City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32691 times
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Re: Hull City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Feb 04, 2017 11:33:31 pm
      I think we would all agree the starting line up is probably our strongest starting eleven available,the depressing January month has gone,the diddy cup games that some are not bothered about being put out are past ,the truth is some of us were using any excuse for not winning games.In reality this team is no where good enough to win the league ,and a top four spot looks unlikely on current form.We go on about spending big on a striker ,but laugh at utd spending 90 m on a dud striker that they released earlier ,from their books,money is okay but it has to be spent wisely,look at what we replaced with Suarez money duds.
      johnnyboy74
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #553: Feb 04, 2017 11:35:01 pm
      I am depressed now...yet again...it's a shame that we've come to this point.....they're more interested in selling shirts in far away parts&putting share holders in new beemers than actually caring...europa league(no thanks) champions league(no chance) premier league(never)  Jesus how long has it been...1990....(been so long ive forgotten-on purpose) they won't sell many shirts belonging to a selling club ran by profiteers,money grabbing f*cks and hyped up journey men waiting to move away....it's pathetic....get shot of Americans find a rich Arabian/Chinese trillionare,play the under 21s for the rest of the season, or only pay current squad if the win.no  points no petrol for their porsches.hire tony pulis as defensive coach&keep klopp as half time club mascot(dress him up as a liver bird) In the old days they just told the players to go out and enjoy themselves.current players don't  have any talent,understand joy,don't love Liverpool or football. Im not optimistic
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #554: Feb 04, 2017 11:40:17 pm
      Those comments from Klopp imply to me he would have been happy for a draw? I just don't get it.

He doesn't even sound angry or frustrated. Perhaps a tad bit disappointed. I know he has to control himself for the camera, but I think I would have openly slammed that performance today!!

He has been too nice to the players for a long long time and I've been saying it for a while. I'm still of the opinion he has to drop those fatherly figure and those hugs hugs kiss kiss has to go. He has to now use the sledgehammer and tell the lot "in the next 15 games or so all of you will be under close scrutiny and fighting for a place for next season". He has to be frank with all the players. Authoritative it may be, but players get paid in 100k or so a week do not need to be told what to do. If they do not know what it is needed of them then the message will have to be told to them in a hard way.

How many times Milner and others were at the edge of the box and no one took the effort to attack the near post suggests that they are either care less, no teamwork or just plain lazy.
      « Last Edit: Feb 04, 2017 11:50:58 pm by redkop63 »
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 91 
      Reply #555: Feb 04, 2017 11:44:47 pm
      Just seen that performance on Motd and it was shocking beyond all proportions. Big big decisions have to be made and quick. Who is setting the general tactics up. For example Hull's second goal, I used to instruct my Under 13 team to have one defender one yard behind the lone striker and the last defender covering 5 yards further behind. Matip and Lucas were side by side and a fair distance between them, absolutely disgraceful for  professional fooballers. That's just one example I could give 20 more, it needs to change and quick
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 91 
      Reply #556: Feb 04, 2017 11:46:16 pm
      Oh and don't get me started on Coutinho and Firmino
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #557: Feb 04, 2017 11:49:22 pm
      Sh*t on a stick I'm a huge fan of Klopp but this is worse form than Hodgson 1 pt from the the last 5 games.
      F**k knows what is being said or done in training but this is now becoming ridiculous.

The lack of activity in the Jan window really coming home to roost in a squad looking bereft of ideas.

No great surprise with Migs it was only a matter of time a leapord never changes his spots.

What is Lucas doing getting a start, why was money wasted on Klavan?

Poor Jimmy I really feel sorry for him never a left back and the guy is now being hanged out because the opposition have worked out how easy if is to keep him out and conversely to attack his flank.
      Shear lunacy from the 9th biggest club in the world.

Not a single ball playing midfielder CM is shocking having gone from the likes of Gerrard and Alonso never mind the titans from years gone by.

I wonder if the new wages are weighing Coutinho down, not seen a performance from him like that since the Rodgers era.

Firmino has been off form since Christmas but still gets picked just like Can but the club still thinks there is no players in the whole of the world better that we could recruit to strengthen!
      No wonder we are looking at potentially missing Top 4 again.

« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2017 12:05:25 am by HScRed1 »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #558: Feb 04, 2017 11:58:18 pm
      Just seen that performance on Motd and it was shocking beyond all proportions. Big big decisions have to be made and quick. Who is setting the general tactics up. For example Hull's second goal, I used to instruct my Under 13 team to have one defender one yard behind the lone striker and the last defender covering 5 yards further behind. Matip and Lucas were side by side and a fair distance between them, absolutely disgraceful for  professional fooballers. That's just one example I could give 20 more, it needs to change and quick

Could have been Matip and Gomez, who both play as CB full time.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #559: Feb 04, 2017 11:59:07 pm
      Oh and don't get me started on Coutinho and Firmino

Could have been Sturridge and Origi up top. Regular strikers.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #560: Feb 05, 2017 12:08:13 am
      Such a simple phylosophy teams below us have . Block the middle and let us have it wide and thats it in a nutshell knowing that we will gift soft goals. Teams that come at us fine we can then play the middle hence our success against the better sides. Begs the question what we are training because if the penny has not dropped we are in big trouble. Could argue we dont have the personal but why oh why hsve we not tried to do anything about it
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #561: Feb 05, 2017 12:19:11 am
      Yes it is. I'm sorry but you're talking out of whatever piece of info you feel is related to the subject.

Not to turn this thread into a science lesson (I'm not expert enough anyway)but the kind of muscle cells used for power and resistance are vastly different. Fast twitch fibers (used in sprints, Olympic lifting, kicking a ball hard, etc) are very easily overtrained, as any person who has been under excessive training load can attest. It's not only a matter of how well you eat or sleep. Human bodies have a limit to how much they can recover. Hasn't Klopp himself been complaining about fixtures? Or is Klopp wrong on this subject too?

And also, if you want to build a team of 11 Kenyan long distance runners by all means do, I'd love to see that sh*t. They'd make Lucas' sprints look like Usain f**king Bolt.

Again, I'm not saying this last weeks debacle is only attributable to fatigue, but your insistance on it not even being a factor is plain wrong.

And yeah, the fact that they're very well paid is just... yeah. Completely unrelated.

Talking out of your exit hole. They're professional athletes. F**k me, teams of old used to play 42 league games, cup games on top, with a match day squad of 15, when the game actually used to have some kind of physicality to it as well.  Nowadays, all the science is catered for and footballers have NEVER been so fit. So dress it up how you like, but these guys AREN'T suffering from fatigue.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #562: Feb 05, 2017 12:20:58 am
      Seriously these man of the match polls

Ha ha. They must always be done and must always include the subs (or someone complains).

It's certainly hard to pick the least sh*te player today but look upon it as an mental challenge!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #563: Feb 05, 2017 12:25:09 am
      Just seen that performance on Motd and it was shocking beyond all proportions. Big big decisions have to be made and quick. Who is setting the general tactics up. For example Hull's second goal

To be fair we had gone completely gung ho at that stage trying to get something from the game with 5 forwards on.

I think in those situations it's worth risking things. 2-0 looks worse than 1-0 but it's still 0 points.

First goal was the real farce.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Re: Live: Hull V Liverpool
      Reply #564: Feb 05, 2017 01:11:15 am
      Klopps lost dressing room. 100% sure.
      And you know that because ??
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #565: Feb 05, 2017 01:26:42 am

...or rather he's a F***ing idiot.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #566: Feb 05, 2017 01:33:38 am
      I'm being polite mate it's painfull for us all .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #567: Feb 05, 2017 01:49:32 am

He knows because he's been hiding in the dirty underwear hamper in the locker room.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #568: Feb 05, 2017 02:16:08 am
      Ha ha. They must always be done and must always include the subs (or someone complains).

It's certainly hard to pick the least sh*te player today but look upon it as an mental challenge!

I voted for Origi as a way to say "Nobody deserves to be man of the match." There was no option for  nobody but I wanted to register my opinion somehow. Sorry if I messed up the poll.

As it is I'm going to be seeing chipped, powerless serves and sideways passes in my sleep - and Migs dropping the ball.

Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #569: Feb 05, 2017 02:45:27 am
      not the only problem clearly....but this has bugged me for ages now....

mignolet.......if hes not good enough to be no.1 (which he clearly isnt) why keep him as no.2?? keeper can  get sent off at any time. pull a hammy, do his knee in whatever. or the no.1 loses form/confidence, in this case Karius...

so then your just back to square one. relying on a keeper WE ALL KNOW just isnt good enough. sure he will have a good run and make the odd top save, but hes a walking mistake who gives his defence absolutely no confidence whatsoever....

anyway yep. that was grim. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #570: Feb 05, 2017 04:02:37 am
      For those of you lucky enough to miss the match, here's what happened.

Warning: It may sound familiar and deja vu might be in effect.

POSSESSION, POSSESSION, POSSESSION from us.

They go down their end and Can inexplicably heads ball out for a corner when no one any where near him.

They lob a cross in, Mignolet, fumbles and then flaps, ball falls to their CB's feet, who F***ing scores in stoppage time.

2ND HALF

POSSESSION, POSSESSION, POSSESSION from us.

They lob a ball over Lucas' head who is in no mans land, Matip not quick enough to react, Migs rushes out to block shot, Hull player who has never F***ing scored a goal in his F***ing life and is on loan from the Bitters, to top it F***ing off, plays ball between Mig's legs into an empty net.

I cry, throw the remote and go to bed.
      +12
      moonunderthewater
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #571: Feb 05, 2017 07:27:28 am
      Think what we lack is real pace in attack,Someone who can work off the shoulder of defenders and players that can break with pace and take on defenders... We are to slow in our build up... If you look at the likes of Chelsea,Arsenal,City.Spurs, and Utd they can build up slowly as well as hitting you with speed... We can only build up slowly as we have no real speed and pace in our play... Think that Sturridge and Lucas have ran their time at the club,Mignolet too,Origi has gone backwards. Lallana is poor. a squad player at best...Lets see what happens in the next window... Top 4 still possible and will be needed if we want to attract top talent

Top 4 might have to be top 3 if United win the Europa to claim a CL berth. Normally Prem champs lose 3-4 games per season. Spurs therefore look like Chelsea's only threat, but they have Europe. You would assume 1. Chelsea 2. Spurs, then us, Arsenal, City and United fighting it out for one place if United win Europa. Smart money would not be on us
      moonunderthewater
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #572: Feb 05, 2017 07:27:50 am
      Top 4 might have to be top 3 if United win the Europa to claim a CL berth. Normally Prem champs lose 3-4 games per season. Spurs therefore look like Chelsea's only threat, but they have Europe. You would assume 1. Chelsea 2. Spurs, then us, Arsenal, City and United fighting it out for one place if United win Europa. Smart money would not be on us
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #573: Feb 05, 2017 09:01:22 am
      No two ways about it, since the City game, we have been a complete and utter f**king embarrassment.

Sick to the back teeth of it, we look like a Rodgers team, so one dimensional and so easy to beat, especially with that f**king clown in goal.

Why we continue to pump crosses into the box is beyond me given how short we are of aerial threat.
      Perfect summary mate
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #574: Feb 05, 2017 10:29:06 am
      Yes it is. I'm sorry but you're talking out of whatever piece of info you feel is related to the subject.

Not to turn this thread into a science lesson (I'm not expert enough anyway)but the kind of muscle cells used for power and resistance are vastly different. Fast twitch fibers (used in sprints, Olympic lifting, kicking a ball hard, etc) are very easily overtrained, as any person who has been under excessive training load can attest. It's not only a matter of how well you eat or sleep. Human bodies have a limit to how much they can recover. Hasn't Klopp himself been complaining about fixtures? Or is Klopp wrong on this subject too?

And also, if you want to build a team of 11 Kenyan long distance runners by all means do, I'd love to see that sh*t. They'd make Lucas' sprints look like Usain f**king Bolt.

Again, I'm not saying this last weeks debacle is only attributable to fatigue, but your insistance on it not even being a factor is plain wrong.

And yeah, the fact that they're very well paid is just... yeah. Completely unrelated.

OK how about Tennis players then who in a grand slam play on average 7 3hr+ matches with if lucky one day rest in between, that is constant sprinting and belting a ball, not jogging like most footballers do. How can tennis players do that when footballers can't when they get 1 whole bloody week off between games??
      Plus final point why is not affecting any other teams in the league, only us? If it is our style of play then our style of play is sh*t and Klopp needs to change it, either way it comes back to Klopp and his team.

Quick Reply