Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29118 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Feb 28, 2017 10:50:41 am
      Sturridge is liability and needs to be sold.

You're a fool.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #691: Feb 28, 2017 11:18:17 am
      Why? What has Sturridge done in last 2 seasons except this? We need top reliable striker, not injury prone.

16/17   Calf Injury   Nov 23, 2016   Dec 18, 2016   25 days   5Liverpool FC
      16/17   Hip injury   Aug 5, 2016   Aug 19, 2016   14 days   1Liverpool FC
      15/16   Hamstring Injury   Dec 7, 2015   Jan 17, 2016   41 days   10Liverpool FC
      15/16   Edema in the knee   Oct 16, 2015   Nov 10, 2015   25 days   7Liverpool FC
      14/15   Hip injury   Apr 8, 2015   Sep 22, 2015   167 days   16Liverpool FC
      14/15   Hamstring Injury   Nov 18, 2014   Jan 28, 2015   71 days   18Liverpool FC
      14/15   Thigh Muscle Strain   Sep 5, 2014   Oct 3, 2014   28 days   6Liverpool FC
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #692: Feb 28, 2017 11:27:10 am
      Why? What has Sturridge done in last 2 seasons except this? We need top reliable striker, not injury prone.

16/17   Calf Injury   Nov 23, 2016   Dec 18, 2016   25 days   5Liverpool FC
      16/17   Hip injury   Aug 5, 2016   Aug 19, 2016   14 days   1Liverpool FC
      15/16   Hamstring Injury   Dec 7, 2015   Jan 17, 2016   41 days   10Liverpool FC
      15/16   Edema in the knee   Oct 16, 2015   Nov 10, 2015   25 days   7Liverpool FC
      14/15   Hip injury   Apr 8, 2015   Sep 22, 2015   167 days   16Liverpool FC
      14/15   Hamstring Injury   Nov 18, 2014   Jan 28, 2015   71 days   18Liverpool FC
      14/15   Thigh Muscle Strain   Sep 5, 2014   Oct 3, 2014   28 days   6Liverpool FC

What does his injury record have to do with the loss last night?

NOTHING AT ALL. He is still our  best striker. There's no discussion there, it's a fact. If we can get a decent replacement then fine, if not he needs to play more. He scores goals. Quite a lot of them. Something Firmino can't and doesn't do...

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #693: Feb 28, 2017 11:39:58 am
      If Sturridge will be our main striker or Firmino we will strugle. simple as that..Sturridge is gone from top...
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #694: Feb 28, 2017 11:55:55 am
      Fuk that depressing as F**k still 14 hours later.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #695: Feb 28, 2017 12:04:40 pm
      We looked like we didn't have a plan. It's not even as if we played badly, we just didn't play, perform, didn't do much of anything until around the 70 minute mark was it?

I wouldn't be surprised if 16 days off played a part here. Ring rusty. I don't think training will give you that sharp edge you get from actually playing games.

So we seem to have suffered from too many games around December and possibly not enough game time during the last 16 days perhaps. A bigger squad would help with the first instance, and perhaps a friendly or two would help with the second instance.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #696: Feb 28, 2017 12:06:49 pm
      Were to begin…
      Was too upset and shocked last night to make any real comment, but in the cold light of day and given the chance to gather my thoughts this is the way that I see it…

First of all when I saw the team sheet and Lucas playing as CB my heart sank, and I asked myself the question “Why has Klopp chosen Lucas to play at CB?....   we have Klavan, we have Gomez, why Lucas?? We know that he is void of any real pace and to play him against Vardy? Surely if Klopp wishes to involve Lucas then he should play him in the Henderson role…You have CB’s in the squad why are you using a CDM as a CB? and If Lucas is the best option then why have we got those CB still at the club?

Secondly…How could the team start this game so flat and off the pace? Just like all their supporters they knew the importance of this game as far as hoping to cement a top 4 finish… some will argue that Jürgen Klopp failed to do his job by drumming this into them… Really??? Should Klopp have to drum into these players something that they should already know and have worked out for themselves?...

No game at this stage of the season is a cake walk, especially if like Leicester City you have (a) just sacked a manager, and (b0 are fighting for your very premiership survival… Why is it that as supporters we know these things yet players do not, or fail to step up their game accordingly?

We are with the exception of one or two players a very average team who through tactics make it very difficult for other teams to play against… We high press and win back the ball very well, thus we have a high percentage of possession, yet in a lot of the cases we do very little with it… Given some of the possession we have during games the other top five clubs would fill their boots with opportunities and goals…

Said it before and will again…With this team you live more in hope of seeing that net bulge than in the belief that it will…

I believe that Mane is and slightly above average player made to look classy by those Liverpool players around him…Why?... He does the things that a right sided (or Left for that matter) player/winger should be doing… Taking players on, going pass them on both sides comes natural to him and we have not had that type of player in a while, not since a fully fit, in shape Daniel Sturridge and one Luis Suarez played in and around those areas…   Both Markovic and Ibe failed to do it with any real consistency…. Roberto Firmino can be frustrating to watch…We all know that there is real talent there but there is also great inconsistency too… Philippe Coutinho, our little magician, is becoming a little too easy to play against…. Defenders and goal keepers know that if he gets the ball on the left sided edge of the area that he will look to curl it in to the far side of the goal… Allen Lallana although better recently (and so he should be given all the game time he gets) is still little more than a poor mans Yossi Benayoun. He lacks a real end product 90% of the time… I could go on and on…

Why is there hardly ever a player making a run to wards the back post on our corners?... just look how many times this season the ball has ended up there…

It does not matter if we take our revenge on Arsenal in the next game, if we continue to lay down to teams like Burnley, Bournemouth, Southampton and West Ham…Best we can realistically hope for is a Europa league place…

Gutted
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #697: Feb 28, 2017 12:11:10 pm
      If Sturridge will be our main striker or Firmino we will strugle. simple as that..Sturridge is gone from top...

When he plays regularly, he scores. His record PROVES that. He hasn't had a fair crack of the whip this season at all. His "chance" when Manè wasn't here was barely that. He had virtually no supply. Did you ever stop to think that between our "creative" maestros of Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino, that they failed to supply Studge with any meaningful chances? All that talent, yet they couldn't produce decent passes or positions for Danny to score from. If you want to criticise, then at least look in the right places!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #698: Feb 28, 2017 12:15:00 pm
      Not a hope this team is finishing top 4.

Arsenal will finish top 4 again as they always do.

And they're average.

If Arsenal are average, Then I would love LFC to be Average...Qualifying 20 seasons in a row for the CL OK they may not of won it yet, but if they keep qualifying they will... And if they are as you say "average" then what does that make LFC??
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #699: Feb 28, 2017 12:30:25 pm
      If Arsenal are average, Then I would love LFC to be Average...Qualifying 20 seasons in a row for the CL OK they may not of won it yet, but if they keep qualifying they will... And if they are as you say "average" then what does that make LFC??

Below average???

;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #700: Feb 28, 2017 12:40:30 pm
      I can not blame Klopp entirely He has only the tools he has to work with and the players should step up as a man,,, After all they should know what is at stake... as the late Alan Ball once said "They're grown men"

Here's the thing... Under FSG and wanting to signed young talent, this games serves they well, of the "real" young up and coming talent in and around Europe which one of they would want to sign for Liverpool now when they can sign for a team with a higher profile and CL games?... FSG have once again insured that we have to sign third and forth rate players and very young talent that if they fore fill thier potential they can sell for big money... If we are a top six club bring in the TV revenues, and the odd cup success and foray into Europe they are perfectly happy with the State Quo 
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #701: Feb 28, 2017 12:47:07 pm
      I can not blame Klopp entirely He has only the tools he has to work with and the players should step up as a man,,, After all they should know what is at stake... as the late Alan Ball once said "They're grown men"

Here's the thing... Under FSG and wanting to signed young talent, this games serves they well, of the "real" young up and coming talent in and around Europe which one of they would want to sign for Liverpool now when they can sign for a team with a higher profile and CL games?... FSG have once again insured that we have to sign third and forth rate players and very young talent that if they fore fill thier potential they can sell for big money... If we are a top six club bring in the TV revenues, and the odd cup success and foray into Europe they are perfectly happy with the State Quo

Klopps had 3 transfer windows !! Thats a fact . 3 transfer windows and we still have
      Mignolet
      Moreno
      Lucas
      Can't
      Lovren
      Clyne
      Playing in our team  . He has only signed 5 players , 3 of which are poor . It's on him the Manager.
      Probably a bit harsh on Grugic.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #702: Feb 28, 2017 12:48:02 pm
      I am fed up with Klopp. I thought he would bring German innovation to the team but there are so many obvious flaws in our team. Lack of height and strength at the back. Milner at left back is a waste. No steel and flair in the midfield and some overrated players in the team. Klopp has favourites and is too close to these players. Honeymoon period is long gone. If no top 4 , then Barca can have him. Honestly the manager is to blame. Too one dimensional and no depth in the squad.
      Welcome to the LFC REDS Forum
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #703: Feb 28, 2017 12:49:22 pm

NOTHING AT ALL. He is still our  best striker. There's no discussion there, it's a fact. If we can get a decent replacement then fine, if not he needs to play more. He scores goals. Quite a lot of them. Something Firmino can't and doesn't do...

He is a liability, if he's never F***ing fit.

Sell, get shut, get him off the wage bill, then go out a buy a striker who can play more than one game before crying off with a broken nail!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #704: Feb 28, 2017 12:54:26 pm
      Loosing? really?

LOSING ASSHOLE!

This pisses me off big time, learn to F***ing spell.

F***ing hell says the c**t comparing our defeat to a black girl getting raped twice.

Get a F***ing grip dickhead!!
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #705: Feb 28, 2017 12:58:58 pm
      Tactically we were shocking. Players did not seem bothered, at least Can, Matip put half a shift in!! Feel sorry for Lucas being played out of position every time he gets a game.

We need quite a few new players in the summer, some must be sold but that weakens the squad unless we are going to buy another 11 good players capable of staking a claim for the first team week in week out.  Can't see FSG funding that sort of investment because to get the level of player required you are looking around the £30m mark per player.

Oh well i always said the europa league was better than champions league!!!!  :mad: :mad:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #706: Feb 28, 2017 01:00:23 pm
      It's quite cute how some fans think they know what's going on but can't even spell basic words.
      Everyone miss spells either through getting excited or passionate, about the subject, dodgy keyboard or auto correct And not everyone proof reads, but I can't see the problem as long as they get thier points across and people know what they are talking/posting about...  To have ago at someone for misspelling something seem to me a bit asinine
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #707: Feb 28, 2017 01:08:21 pm
      We looked like we didn't have a plan. It's not even as if we played badly, we just didn't play, perform, didn't do much of anything until around the 70 minute mark was it?

I wouldn't be surprised if 16 days off played a part here. Ring rusty. I don't think training will give you that sharp edge you get from actually playing games.

So we seem to have suffered from too many games around December and possibly not enough game time during the last 16 days perhaps. A bigger squad would help with the first instance, and perhaps a friendly or two would help with the second instance.

Yes I'm very baffled as well, Jürgen was whinging and whining recently about not having a winter break, when he effectively gets one, look how he handles it and how the team responds!!!
      This is starting to become amateur hour with Jürgen now, I'm starting to think he is an extremely limited coach and very tactically naive. I also suspect he has an unbelievable arrogance about him, hence why he couldn't make up with Sakho and why he has favourites like Can and Firmino who play despite being sh*t.
      I mean this is now officially our worst run in recent times isn't it?

I'll put my head on the block and be the first to say it, I want a new manager, I want many new players and I want new owners. Now in terms of manager my choice would perhaps be Rafa, there shouldn't be any reason why he can't return now and I'd be more than happy to give him another crack at leading us back to glory because I honestly can't see it happening with Jürgen and I doubt we'd be able to attract another top name manager, another option would be to take a gamble on one of the up and coming managers but not sure who.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #708: Feb 28, 2017 01:09:32 pm
      Everyone miss spells either through getting excited or passionate, about the subject, dodgy keyboard or auto correct And not everyone proof reads, but I can't see the problem as long as they get thier points across and people know what they are talking/posting about...  To have ago at someone for misspelling something seem to me a bit asinine

He's constantly bitching about the transfer committee so you know Tomato/tomato ;)
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #709: Feb 28, 2017 01:09:51 pm

Or perhaps he just can't be bothered any more, and I wouldn't hold that against him at all.

Why turn up for games when you'll be sat on the bench (when you should be playing - except that the Manager dislikes you), forced to watch the lads out there play badly, and then possibly, possibly, thrown on for last 20 minutes to try and salvage something when your team mate have already lost their heads. Then you'll take stick for not scoring in those 20 minutes...

Nah, what's the point in that?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #710: Feb 28, 2017 01:18:36 pm
      Or perhaps he just can't be bothered any more, and I wouldn't hold that against him at all.

Why turn up for games when you'll be sat on the bench (when you should be playing - except that the Manager dislikes you), forced to watch the lads out there play badly, and then possibly, possibly, thrown on for last 20 minutes to try and salvage something when your team mate have already lost their heads. Then you'll take stick for not scoring in those 20 minutes...

Nah, what's the point in that?

Oh I don't know, maybe earn his F***ing wage!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #711: Feb 28, 2017 01:31:32 pm

Very rare I agree with you but on this occasion...........
      Hard to demonise the lad when the team itself lacked interest and commitment last night.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #712: Feb 28, 2017 01:31:43 pm

Mark,Mark,Mark... If he is out half the season injuries then take another 10 games or so to get match fit and start score in regularly we only have him at his best for 14 games or so, that's providing we can keep him fit and injury free is the really any point in having him... Newcastle should have won the premier league twice and a CL but had the same problem with  Alan Shearer and Les Ferdinand... How would the 1996 4-3 game have panned out if Shearer were fit?... or for that matter 4-3, 10 Mar 1997 season... Failure to have ther main goal scorer fit cost Newcastle as failure to have our main goal scorer is costing us

Quick Reply