Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 263271 times
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #2116: Aug 15, 2017 01:38:39 pm
      Why can we not put in  a bid?Will Southampton  report us to FIFA or FA and we might  be expelled  from the league  .

OR

They don't  and  will never sell him to us.

And if it so why don't we go for  other choices  we have,this is a position   we have to strengthen
      and for sure there must be other good CBs  out there.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #2117: Aug 15, 2017 01:39:21 pm
      i agree so why is it only the owners who get all the blame when they have shown themselves willing to stump up the cash this summer.

What evidence is there that they are willing to stump up the cash? I could make statements that I will fund a 70 million pound transfer, until the money changes hands it's meaningless PR. Had an actual offer to stump up cash for VVD been made early doors no snivelling apology would have been required and we may have actually had our man.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #2118: Aug 15, 2017 01:39:33 pm
      i agree they fu**ed up appointing Edwards, but that's their only mistake and if you really consider £70 million for one player inadequate then you are living in cloud cuckoo land. they have made funds available others have failed to make signings.

They knew RB weren't going to sell, it was as an easy bid for them to make. You notice we haven't gone in a third time with a "knock your socks off" take it or leave it final try like we are waiting on from Barca?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2119: Aug 15, 2017 01:42:46 pm
      No, including us, that should tell you something. FSG were all too happy to issue that apology. They couldn't get it out quick enough. It may has well have read "Thank God we didn't not have to end up actually bidding and embarrassing ourselves when we get outbid by our rivals again"

Well seeing as no one else wants to bid for VVD perhaps it was a lucky escape then or are you trying to make some other kind of point about the owners building up a huge cash pile in the club to do, to do, to do, come on think of a conspiracy reason quick, erm erm erm something to do with moon landings fake, erm maybe flat earth erm erm lizard people, dammit there must be some reason for stock piling cash in a football club!!
      Honestly that's what you conspiracy nuts sound like to me, thinking that FSG secretly agreed to have their bids turned down, although why the other club would go along with that is even more baffling but I'm sure you have an excellent theory on that as well. ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2120: Aug 15, 2017 01:43:52 pm
      What evidence is there that they are willing to stump up the cash? I could make statements that I will fund a 70 million pound transfer, until the money changes hands it's meaningless PR. Had an actual offer to stump up cash for VVD been made early doors no snivelling apology would have been required and we may have actually had our man.

FFS RB Leipzig reported that they turned down a £70 million bid, why on earth would they lie about that???
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2121: Aug 15, 2017 01:44:18 pm
      All this talk of FSG willing to bid up to £70m? Well talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words and all that stuff.

But all I see, is another "oh we bid £xxm but >insert reason here for yet another deal falling through<"
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2122: Aug 15, 2017 01:47:40 pm
      They knew RB weren't going to sell, it was as an easy bid for them to make. You notice we haven't gone in a third time with a "knock your socks off" take it or leave it final try like we are waiting on from Barca?

Are you suggesting that FSG knew with 100% certainty that RB Leipzig would decide to willingly lose £30 million by keeping Keita for another year, do you have any evidence to backup that crackpot theory? In any case if that was true why didn't htye also bid £195 million for neymar knowing it owld be knocked back or £250 million for Roanldo/Messi, I mean why stop at just Keita if that was their master plan all along to not do any big transfers, well apart form Salah of course or did they F**k that one up and Roma accepted when they should have rejected?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2123: Aug 15, 2017 01:48:30 pm
      All this talk of FSG willing to bid up to £70m? Well talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words and all that stuff.

But all I see, is another "oh we bid £xxm but >insert reason here for yet another deal falling through<"

yeah good theory Sherlock apart from RB Leipzig confirming they rejected a bid of £70 million, now why would they do that?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2124: Aug 15, 2017 01:49:44 pm
      Anyway f**k this I feel like I'm debating with a bunch of paranoid morons and I don't really have the time or inclination for it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #2125: Aug 15, 2017 01:54:42 pm
      I know it sounds incredulous to think FSG would bid £70m knowing they wouldn't pay and really really hoping something falls through, but it's happening too many times for me. It is starting to feel oh so very convenient.

But let's say the truth is they did have the £70m to spend, if that's the case, we're still in deep trouble because that means we are as incompetent in tying up deals as we fear we are. You can only use the "player didn't want to leave" and "club didn't want to sell" so many times before people start seeing red flags.

So either:

1. FSG are conning us somehow and never meant to spend £70m
      2. We are one of Europe's unluckiest clubs concerning transfer targets and their availability
      3. We are incompetent from CEO to manager

Your choice - but we can all agree that something has to change and change soon.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2126: Aug 15, 2017 01:57:28 pm
      I know it sounds incredulous to think FSG would bid £70m knowing they wouldn't pay and really really hoping something falls through, but it's happening too many times for me. It is starting to feel oh so very convenient.

But let's say the truth is they did have the £70m to spend, if that's the case, we're still in deep trouble because that means we are as incompetent in tying up deals as we fear we are. You can only use the "player didn't want to leave" and "club didn't want to sell" so many times before people start seeing red flags.

So either:

2. We are one of Europe's unluckiest clubs concerning transfer targets and their availability

Your choice - but we can all agree that something has to change and change soon.

In which case, so are Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Man U.

Chelsea have started the season with a 21 man squad, some of whom are kids, and their main striker wants out.

Man City massively overpaid for a pair of average full backs.

It's not just us, is what I'm saying.
      The market has gone crazy.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #2127: Aug 15, 2017 02:01:26 pm
      yeah good theory Sherlock apart from RB Leipzig confirming they rejected a bid of £70 million, now why would they do that?
      No need to be facetious. But to answer your question:

Perhaps FSG phoned them up and asked them not to accept a bid from them. Yeah, pretty sure that never happened to be fair, but it could have.

Perhaps FSG did their homework and knew full well Leipzig were never ever going to sell this transfer window. Sound ridiculous? Try submitting a £120m bid for Messi or Ronaldo or £70m for Hazard or £50m for Costa.

It looks like you're trying but everyone knows the money is going nowhere.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #2128: Aug 15, 2017 02:01:31 pm
      Are you suggesting that FSG knew with 100% certainty that RB Leipzig would decide to willingly lose £30 million by keeping Keita for another year, do you have any evidence to backup that crackpot theory? In any case if that was true why didn't htye also bid £195 million for neymar knowing it owld be knocked back or £250 million for Roanldo/Messi, I mean why stop at just Keita if that was their master plan all along to not do any big transfers, well apart form Salah of course or did they f**k that one up and Roma accepted when they should have rejected?

I think you need to step back, relax and stop overthinking things.

Everyone in the world knew that Leipzig weren't going to accept any bids. Why do you think we were the only ones to bid? No other team in the world wanted this "world class" talent? As for Neymar, 195 wouldn't be knocked back for him because that triggers his release, so bad example. As for Ronaldo and Messi...well you are just being silly aren't you?

Although what do you make of the rumors that we were going to go in for Mbappe? I mean it would take literally 100+ to get him so why would we even be sniffing around him?

Is Salah at 40m really that big of a deal? When Kyle Walker is going for 50m then Salah is actually a bit of a bargain. And just like Mane last year, he will be our "big" signing of the summer because we don't do big spending unless we do big selling.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #2129: Aug 15, 2017 02:03:27 pm
      Everyone in the world knew that Leipzig weren't going to accept any bids. Why do you think we were the only ones to bid? No other team in the world wanted this "world class" talent?
      Bingo!

shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #2130: Aug 15, 2017 02:13:21 pm
      Anyway f**k this I feel like I'm debating with a bunch of paranoid morons and I don't really have the time or inclination for it.

No paranoia just based upon previous supposed transfer targets where there always seemed to be an excuse other than we wouldn't actually stump up a reasonable bid without messing around to actually buy the player, Dahoud, Zielinski, MikiT, Sanchez, Delli Alli just to name a few, I'm sure there's lots of others.

Also although you believe we have a stronger squad than last year, on paper that may possibly be the case but again in reality how many of our so called superstars have gone the last couple of seasons without a couple of months out injured, Mane, Couts, Lallana, Hendo, Matip. We've only played one game and the bench looks as uninspiring as least year
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2131: Aug 15, 2017 03:29:00 pm
      Thats the frightening thing another transfer  window 1 game in and the bench all ready looks weak....
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2132: Aug 15, 2017 03:33:11 pm
      link=topic=49608.msg2069643#msg2069643 date=1502800235]
      Yes I do, they would have for VVD before Klopp fu**ed that up and they would have for Keita if RB Leipzig were willing to sell. oh and yes they did for Salah
      In a well run club the manager would never be in a position where he had to tap players up.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2133: Aug 15, 2017 03:35:52 pm

So either:

option 3 although its not really the managers fault except when he gets caught tapping up a player and doesn't have an option B or C
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2134: Aug 15, 2017 03:37:04 pm
      No need to be facetious. But to answer your question:

Perhaps FSG phoned them up and asked them not to accept a bid from them. Yeah, pretty sure that never happened to be fair, but it could have.

Perhaps FSG did their homework and knew full well Leipzig were never ever going to sell this transfer window. Sound ridiculous? Try submitting a £120m bid for Messi or Ronaldo or £70m for Hazard or £50m for Costa.

It looks like you're trying but everyone knows the money is going nowhere.

Ask yourself why would they do that, also ask yourself why would RB Leipzig go along with that?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2135: Aug 15, 2017 03:39:36 pm
      I think you need to step back, relax and stop overthinking things.

Everyone in the world knew that Leipzig weren't going to accept any bids. Why do you think we were the only ones to bid? No other team in the world wanted this "world class" talent? As for Neymar, 195 wouldn't be knocked back for him because that triggers his release, so bad example. As for Ronaldo and Messi...well you are just being silly aren't you?

Although what do you make of the rumors that we were going to go in for Mbappe? I mean it would take literally 100+ to get him so why would we even be sniffing around him?

Is Salah at 40m really that big of a deal? When Kyle Walker is going for 50m then Salah is actually a bit of a bargain. And just like Mane last year, he will be our "big" signing of the summer because we don't do big spending unless we do big selling.

The only thing I agree with is that Salah at £40 million will be considered a bargain, the rest is just bollocks and as for me over thinking why don't you maybe try thinking! you seem like an intelligent enough human being so please cut all this conspiracy nonsense, it makes you look like an idiot.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2136: Aug 15, 2017 03:41:59 pm
      In a well run club the manager would never be in a position where he had to tap players up.

Oh christ almighty, so Klopp is literally blameless for everything then, its the clubs fault that he tapped up a player, I've heard it all now, its akin to a criminal being blameless because its societies fault for failing him init!!

you guys must be on a wind up, you cannot all be this F***ing stupid!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #2137: Aug 15, 2017 03:47:10 pm
      Ask yourself why would they do that, also ask yourself why would RB Leipzig go along with that?
      Why would they bid for a player they were pretty sure wasn't going to be released by a club? To make it look like they're interested in spending big bucks. Leipzig wouldn't need to go along with anything.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2138: Aug 15, 2017 03:52:04 pm
      In which case, so are Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Man U.

Chelsea have started the season with a 21 man squad, some of whom are kids, and their main striker wants out.

Man City massively overpaid for a pair of average full backs.

It's not just us, is what I'm saying.
      The market has gone crazy.

Starting to think this is the season for a Gomez, a Grujic, a Woodburn, and Solanke, to truly break through. TAA seems to be doing so already.

I know it doesn't make us comfortable to ask such young players to fill the void. I'm not saying all of these will, and I DO think we are working on something for a midfielder, but just getting older but not playing many first team games isn't going to make players like those named above somehow be ready. So perhaps the circumstances will be ripe for one or two of them at least to get extended opportunity.

Quick Reply