Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Mohamed Salah (AS Roma)

Read 83794 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Mohamed Salah (AS Roma)
      Reply #46: Jun 01, 2017 01:46:55 pm
      Would be a great addition, serious pace from both flanks.
      Mouth watering prospect next season.

I really can't wait, I hope we get him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #47: Jun 01, 2017 01:55:09 pm
      Figure of around  £30 million being reported  which seems fair in the current market.

Thought that's the fee Roma rejected?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #48: Jun 01, 2017 02:51:26 pm
      Figure of around  £30 million being reported  which seems fair in the current market.

Cautiously optimistic on this one. Looks like this first bid was knocked back as they are quoting 50mil euros (close to £43 mil). I'm kinda confident we'll get it done fo £35mil plus add-ons (our style eh?!) like top4, CL progress, goals, yada yada!

..although to think we could have had him for £11mil 3 years back! Bravo to our ex-negotiators
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #49: Jun 01, 2017 03:34:35 pm
      Cautiously optimistic on this one. Looks like this first bid was knocked back as they are quoting 50mil euros (close to £43 mil). I'm kinda confident we'll get it done fo £35mil plus add-ons (our style eh?!) like top4, CL progress, goals, yada yada!

..although to think we could have had him for £11mil 3 years back! Bravo to our ex-negotiators

3 years ago he wasn't ready for the PL and joined a Chelsea team who played negative defensive football which may not have suited his style.

Sure we will be paying a lot more now but we will be getting a quality player who is entering his prime and has some PL experience.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #50: Jun 01, 2017 04:12:05 pm
      Something tells me that if we had Klopp 3 years ago then he would have become a Liverpool player then. There's no chance he'd let the club F**k about with players he wants for the sake of a million or two.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #51: Jun 01, 2017 04:14:23 pm
      Tricky one really, he was bought by the Chavs for 11m sold for 17m and now he has improved so much he is worth 30m? Maybe he has improved that much. Having said that, if the gaffer thinks he is one of a few who would fit in to what he wants? Toughie.

Wouldn't say he has improved that much but perhaps him being in the team and the effects it would have is worth the pay, plus i think it will be for around 43M not 30.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #52: Jun 01, 2017 04:27:04 pm
      Personally I don't rate salah but just get him in. I wasn't a huge fan of mane before we signed him either and he's proven me wrong.

From what I can see we don't have any competition for this lads signature? So stop F***ing about and just get it done if klopp wants him, before we piss him or his club off and they walk away.

Considering klopp has had three transfer windows but is yet to spend a dime, we should have F***ing bags of money, so stop being minge bags FSG.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #53: Jun 01, 2017 05:09:20 pm
      Apparently, Sky News Arabia claiming this is a done deal but have also said Echo is our official website  ;D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #54: Jun 01, 2017 06:09:13 pm
      Is no one else concerned that if our transfers go the way we want them to, we could end up with three key players who pull a vanishing act for six weeks every two years? We saw how disastrous that turned out with just one.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #55: Jun 01, 2017 06:14:37 pm
      Is no one else concerned that if our transfers go the way we want them to, we could end up with three key players who pull a vanishing act for six weeks every two years? We saw how disastrous that turned out with just one.

Lets get some players in first and worry about AFCON in two years time.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #56: Jun 01, 2017 06:30:02 pm
      Sounds like a good fit.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #57: Jun 01, 2017 07:44:36 pm
      Let's get this done. I wanted him at the club 3 years ago and with the way he has progressed in Italy it's a no brainier for me. I watched a Roma game think in CL last year he came on as a sub and was unreal, lightning quick and an end product.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,247 posts | 1226 
      Reply #58: Jun 01, 2017 07:50:47 pm
      Let's get this done. I wanted him at the club 3 years ago and with the way he has progressed in Italy it's a no brainier for me. I watched a Roma game think in CL last year he came on as a sub and was unreal, lightning quick and an end product.

What's he done since being at Roma, out of interest?
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #59: Jun 01, 2017 07:54:45 pm
      Haven't seen him play much in recent seasons, so decided to check his FIFA stats on futhead.com -- to get an accurate idea of what his qualities are   :f_tongueincheek:

The ad banner on his page was for the dating service "Single Muslim"

#subtleracism
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #60: Jun 01, 2017 07:55:13 pm

Yeah he seems a good player and the stats he put up in Italy are impressive. Didn't get much of a look in at the Chavs but what I saw of him there he looked decent enough. I'd welcome him.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #61: Jun 01, 2017 08:29:01 pm
      What's he done since being at Roma, out of interest?

19 goals and 13 assists this season, if I'm not mistaken. 15 goals last season as well, I think. And still only 24.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: Jun 01, 2017 08:36:05 pm
      19 goals and 13 assists this season, if I'm not mistaken. 15 goals last season as well, I think. And still only 24.

I'm surprised you didn't fit a trip to a Roma game into your hectic football game going schedule :D
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #63: Jun 01, 2017 08:36:50 pm
      I liked him when he was linked the last time.

I haven't really seen him more than a couple of times since joining Roma but impressed me. Fits the profile of player we could all be excited about too.

My only worry is from memory he looks excellent when running into a lot of space and a lot of his goals are slipped through on goal etc.

Obviously our major issue is we need pace but often we need it in bursts around the box, especially at home.

Anyone who watches Serie A more frequently able to comment on how good he would fit in a side which is going to play approx 25 league games versus sides allergic to moving beyond the edge of their area?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #64: Jun 01, 2017 08:46:08 pm
      I liked him when he was linked the last time.

I haven't really seen him more than a couple of times since joining Roma but impressed me. Fits the profile of player we could all be excited about too.

My only worry is from memory he looks excellent when running into a lot of space and a lot of his goals are slipped through on goal etc.

Obviously our major issue is we need pace but often we need it in bursts around the box, especially at home.

Anyone who watches Serie A more frequently able to comment on how good he would fit in a side which is going to play approx 25 league games versus sides allergic to moving beyond the edge of their area?

I have a friend here who watches Roma quite frequently and he says that Salah is a very good player, but might not be best suited to the Premier League. In my friend's words, "he's not a combination player he's much more dangerous on the break with room in behind".

I haven't seen enough of him those last two years but on paper the idea of goals + pace make a lot of sense. I wasn't expecting Mané to have the kind of impact he had this season, so I'm going to trust Klopp on this one

I'm surprised you didn't fit a trip to a Roma game into your hectic football game going schedule :D

Haha I've only watched games in the UK this season, but I want to see something in Europe early next season. St Pauli in Germany is on my list
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #65: Jun 01, 2017 09:33:02 pm
      Apparently £28M rejected as Roma want close to £40M.

Good to see at least we are in for the player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4564112/Liverpool-28m-bid-Mohamed-Salah-rejected-Roma.html
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #66: Jun 01, 2017 09:36:31 pm
      just what we need pace and good player as well hopeful we get these deal done, because we lack pace at times break down teams parking bus
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #67: Jun 01, 2017 09:39:46 pm
      just what we need pace and good player as well hopeful we get these deal done, because we lack pace at times break down teams parking bus

I'd say more creativity, a plan B and a cutting edge is more what we lack in those games as opposed to pace. When teams park the bus against us there isn't a lot of room to take advantage and utilise our pace and we just end up passing it from side to side and taking shots from 30 yards with hit and hopes.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #68: Jun 01, 2017 09:42:23 pm
      Apparently £28M rejected as Roma want close to £40M.

Good to see at least we are in for the player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4564112/Liverpool-28m-bid-Mohamed-Salah-rejected-Roma.html

Yep, not sure he's worth £40m, or what i should say is once you get to that level then the leap to a Lacazette/Aubameyang doesn't seem that far.

Anyone who's watched him for Roma, was he playing exclusively on the right?

Quick Reply