Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mohamed Salah (AS Roma)

Read 82912 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Mohamed Salah (AS Roma)
      Reply #621: Jun 20, 2017 07:22:48 pm
      Happy with this. Reckon he'll be a good signing and will help us tonk many teams next season. Bar a proper striker our attacking line up is more or less complete I would say.

A proper striker being the operative words .
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #622: Jun 20, 2017 07:24:00 pm
      Please guys...do not track his plane, it was bad enough with Klopp   :lmao:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #623: Jun 20, 2017 07:28:33 pm
      A proper striker being the operative words .

Absolutely. Firmino is a good player, but he's not a natural striker. He just isn't. We need to get one. Then will feel more confident about things.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #624: Jun 20, 2017 07:41:09 pm
      Que salah salah, whatever will be
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #625: Jun 20, 2017 07:49:51 pm
      Just realised that Roma's owner and John Henry are 'close personal friends'. Both from the Boston sports scene. Seems odd that this deal has taken so long. I wonder if it's come down to the worst men in football, agents.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #626: Jun 20, 2017 08:07:41 pm
      Mane June 28th
      Gini July 22nd
      Firmino June 24th
      Lovren July 28th
      Lallana June 30th
      Can July 3rd
      Clyne July 1st

I think I had the idea that we had identified our targets, before the season ended, as Jürgen said,and we'd do our business early. I think maybe we all hoped that things would be different this close season.
      However, we do still have the same owners, they have obviously not changed their spots that much!
      The VVD Situation has left us all feeling, that the lunatics are still in charge of the asylum!

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #627: Jun 20, 2017 08:30:53 pm
      I think I had the idea that we had identified our targets, before the season ended, as Jürgen said,and we'd do our business early. I think maybe we all hoped that things would be different this close season.
      However, we do still have the same owners, they have obviously not changed their spots that much!
      The VVD Situation has left us all feeling, that the lunatics are still in charge of the asylum!

Not worried about VVD at all to be honest, fully expect to see him leaning against the wall at Melwood sometime in July.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #628: Jun 20, 2017 09:04:47 pm
      Not worried about VVD at all to be honest, fully expect to see him leaning against the wall at Melwood sometime in July.

I wish I had your optimism, we have sailed too close to the wind too many times. There are people out there who will be only to happy to make trouble for us, we need to be very careful!

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #629: Jun 20, 2017 09:26:58 pm
      I wish I had your optimism, we have sailed too close to the wind too many times. There are people out there who will be only to happy to make trouble for us, we need to be very careful!

I think Soton already knows what is going on ;)
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #630: Jun 20, 2017 09:35:01 pm

According to Paddy Power, we are still the favorites for VVD. 

To join Liverpool:  5/6
      Stay at Soton:  7/4
      Man City:  5/1
      Chelsea:  14/1
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #631: Jun 20, 2017 09:39:28 pm

Probably because a lot of people have bet on it, before it all went pair shaped.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #632: Jun 20, 2017 09:44:01 pm

There is a reason nobody else has gone in for him and it's not because City or Chelsea is afraid of Soton filing charges against them.

Player want's to come, the deal on his end is done..this whole apologize waiting thing is a cool off period in order for Soton to save a little face for themselves and supporters.

I might be totally wrong but I am really confident of it going through at a cost of around a £10 million stupid penalty we'll need to pay.

But wrong thread....back to Mo Salah....record club transfer presumably broken and expect it to be broken a couple more times this window.
      « Last Edit: Jun 20, 2017 09:48:51 pm by AZPatriot »
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #633: Jun 20, 2017 09:52:03 pm
      I might be totally wrong but I am really confident of it going through at a cost of around a £10 million stupid penalty we'll need to pay.

But wrong thread....back to Mo Salah....record club transfer presumably broken and expect it to be broken a couple more times this window.

Maybe why we are trying so hard to save a few bones on the Salah deal.  Pick up 3M here, 4M there, etc so that we can still finance the VVD transfer and not have to go back to the bank for more funds....

As for Salah -- I think he'll be boss!!  😎
      « Last Edit: Jun 20, 2017 09:58:12 pm by harrydunn08 »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #634: Jun 20, 2017 10:19:06 pm
      Maybe why we are trying so hard to save a few bones on the Salah deal.  Pick up 3M here, 4M there, etc so that we can still finance the VVD transfer and not have to go back to the bank for more funds....

As for Salah -- I think he'll be boss!!  😎

Yah...sounds like he is James Bond or something
      Hady Elmedany‏Verified account @hadyelmedany  4h4 hours ago
      More
       Confirmed: Mohamed Salah traveled to London At 5 PM (CAI), Medical check to start tomorrow and the official announcement this week
      9 replies 183 retweets 353 likes
      Reply  9   Retweet  183   Like  353

Hady Elmedany‏Verified account @hadyelmedany  8m8 minutes ago
      More
       Mohamed Salah just arrived in London, Liverpool made all the possible things to keep him hidden from journalists.. he is wearing all black
      3 replies 52 retweets 95 likes
      Reply  3   Retweet  52   Like  95

"Supposedly this is Salah leaving his flat in Cairo to head for the plane....at least that is what Twitter has and it's pretty reliable right?

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #635: Jun 20, 2017 10:30:36 pm

I'm not that bothered about the player in all honesty. I mean I'd love him at Liverpool, don't get me wrong, but if we're going to spend £70 million on a player, I'd sooner it be a Striker than a Defender.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #636: Jun 20, 2017 10:36:13 pm
      I'm not that bothered about the player in all honesty. I mean I'd love him at Liverpool, don't get me wrong, but if we're going to spend £70 million on a player, I'd sooner it be a Striker than a Defender.

I don't know...agree with you to some extent but it just seems like if we could shore up the back and still add goals with Salah and another we would be OK....not exactly like we were a low scoring side last season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #637: Jun 20, 2017 10:41:21 pm
      I don't know...agree with you to some extent but it just seems like if we could shore up the back and still add goals with Salah and another we would be OK....not exactly like we were a low scoring side last season.

Not gonna lie - still worry about our defence because of who is in goal.

No doubting that VVD is miles better than Lovren though.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #638: Jun 20, 2017 10:41:31 pm

In an ideal world, sure I'd like both. But realistically if we're going spend massively on one player, I'd sooner it be a Striker. I'm fairly certain we can find a decent Central Defender to improve us at a reduced value than a renewed Van Dyke deal would cost. Let me put it another way: Van Dyke or Aubameyang? Because that's the level of money we're talking about.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #639: Jun 20, 2017 10:56:52 pm
      In an ideal world, sure I'd like both. But realistically if we're going spend massively on one player, I'd sooner it be a Striker. I'm fairly certain we can find a decent Central Defender to improve us at a reduced value than a renewed Van Dyke deal would cost. Let me put it another way: Van Dyke or Aubameyang? Because that's the level of money we're talking about.

What is the difference between them in outcomes?

Auba might grab a goal for us and win a game
      VVD might stop one of our comical goals conceded and win us a game.

With Defence and attack should one should carry a heavier weighting than the other?

In reality our attack is already pretty good and it's debateable how much more Auba would propell us towards a challenge rather than a commanding CB who could bring us down to 30 goals conceded.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 1221 
      Reply #640: Jun 20, 2017 11:09:56 pm

With Defence and attack should one should carry a heavier weighting than the other?

In reality our attack is already pretty good and it's debateable how much more Auba would propell us towards a challenge rather than a commanding CB who could bring us down to 30 goals conceded.

Having a dodgy goalie does place more of an emphasis on the need to strengthen the defence. But who says we need to choose between the two?

Surely we should expect to be able to sign a top class CB and striker who is a bit tasty without having to fear we may leave ourselves short in one department.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #641: Jun 20, 2017 11:16:25 pm
      Liverpool transfer target Mohamed Salah set to fly to UK ahead of £35m move from Roma

Mohamed Salah is set to fly to the UK today ahead of his anticipated £35million move from Roma to Liverpool .

The Egypt international winger is scheduled to arrive in London from Cairo on Tuesday evening as officials from the two clubs meet to thrash out a deal.

The ECHO understands that an agreement over the fee and payment structure is close but not yet complete with Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards set for more discussions with Roma counterpart Monchi.

The fee is likely to be around £35million with the Serie A outfit having previously demanded more than £40million.

If talks are successful on Tuesday then Salah could undergo a medical on Wednesday ahead of penning a five-year contract.

Liverpool failed in a bid to sign Salah three years ago when he joined Chelsea from Basel for £11million.

They turned their attentions back to him this summer after fellow winger Julian Brandt decided to stay at Bayer Leverkusen.

After struggling to make his mark at Stamford Bridge, Salah kick-started his career with loan spells at Fiorentina and Roma.

Roma bought him for £13million last summer and he went on to plunder 19 goals last season.

Jürgen Klopp has been keen to strengthen his attacking wide options and views Salah as the perfect fit for his high tempo brand of football.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-mohamed-salah-transfer-roma-13209793

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #642: Jun 20, 2017 11:31:29 pm

I'd rather be Kevin Keegan's Newcastle than Arsenal under George Graham.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #643: Jun 21, 2017 12:33:48 am
      I'd rather be Kevin Keegan's Newcastle than Arsenal under George Graham.

Aye but who won most

Quick Reply