Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193803 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #208: Jun 26, 2017 10:56:17 am
      Get the deal done £50 mil plus add ons, give him the No8 shirt and we'll have one of the best midfield 3 in Europe.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #209: Jun 26, 2017 10:56:39 am

Wow, didn't expect this. Well done Mane, well done! Over to you, FSG!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #210: Jun 26, 2017 11:14:08 am
      £70 mill, £50 mill for unproven potential?

world has gone bonkers

F**k off to the pair of them, insanity
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #211: Jun 26, 2017 11:50:19 am

world has gone bonkers

How exactly are either of them unproven? They've both been the best players at their position in the two best leagues in the world this past year. It's a sad day when our own "supporters" balk at signing proven quality because they are worried about how much money we are spending.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #212: Jun 26, 2017 12:16:44 pm
      Wow, didn't expect this. Well done Mane
      Jaysus PM don't let the folk, who mocked the notion of Stevie being used to attract a player, hear you saying that. 😉

[Or, come to think of it, RB: we don't want another grovelling apology.] 😛
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2017 12:22:41 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #213: Jun 26, 2017 12:19:28 pm
      I have a gut feeling he is Klopp's primary target.
      Aye, you and all the club's favourite journos, who've been saying so for weeks now.  😊

Your gut is very astute Al. 👍
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      Reply #214: Jun 26, 2017 12:30:18 pm
      How exactly are either of them unproven? They've both been the best players at their position in the two best leagues in the world this past year. It's a sad day when our own "supporters" balk at signing proven quality because they are worried about how much money we are spending.

Of course they are unproven ? Van dijk has 50 games  and has been injured for ages, Keita has one season at liepzig and neither have much European or international experience,  best two leagues in the world? What are you drinking. Both are goof playerd but the alledgef prices are ridiculous
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #215: Jun 26, 2017 12:41:49 pm
      Jaysus PM don't let the folk, who mocked the notion of Stevie being used to attract a player, hear you saying that. 😉

First of all, I was joking, and secondly, I doubt Klopp asked Mane to tap him up for us, and I doubt Mane was even tapping him up as well! ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #216: Jun 26, 2017 12:42:24 pm
      https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/879263662627860480

Can't see us going for that at all. Especially if the rumours we are still in for Van Dijk are true.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #217: Jun 26, 2017 01:04:16 pm
      Not sure why people continue to put a either/or on VD/Keita deals. Even if Studge is unsold (I hope not cos we dont look like bringing a striker) we will be easily raising close to £70m through (Sakho, Moreno, Markovic, Stewart and other misc sales) - that caters to one of the 2 transfers.

VVD for £70m, Salah for £35m, Ox for £25m, LB for £15m and Solanke for £5m is about £150m net spend, that should have been our "limit" considering Jürgen's "primary" targets.

I know the figures are crazy but f**king hell, Alex Sandro is going to Chelsea for £60m; a 29yr old Defensive midfielder who had an average season is heading to the Scum for £40m. This is the market we are in now!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #218: Jun 26, 2017 02:06:32 pm
      Of course they are unproven ? Van dijk has 50 games  and has been injured for ages, Keita has one season at liepzig and neither have much European or international experience,  best two leagues in the world? What are you drinking. Both are goof playerd but the alledgef prices are ridiculous
      So you don't think the EPL and Budesliga are the best leagues? Pray tell which are then....Serie A? La Liga?

Top to bottom, EPL and Bundesliga are two toughest leagues to win in.

And yes they are both the best in their respective positions  in their respective leagues. Don't worry about games played and European experience, let's look at what they've done recently. Keita was the second best player in Germany behind Lewendoski. Van Djik when healthy is easily the best CB in the league.

What are you drinking? And why do you care what their prices are? Is JWH going to ask you for a loan to pay for them? We have the money to spend, we should spend it on Klopp's top targets.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #219: Jun 26, 2017 03:03:22 pm
      Not sure why people continue to put a either/or on VD/Keita deals. Even if Studge is unsold (I hope not cos we dont look like bringing a striker) we will be easily raising close to £70m through (Sakho, Moreno, Markovic, Stewart and other misc sales) - that caters to one of the 2 transfers.

VVD for £70m, Salah for £35m, Ox for £25m, LB for £15m and Solanke for £5m is about £150m net spend, that should have been our "limit" considering Jürgen's "primary" targets.

I know the figures are crazy but f**king hell, Alex Sandro is going to Chelsea for £60m; a 29yr old Defensive midfielder who had an average season is heading to the Scum for £40m. This is the market we are in now!!

Yeah, the market is crazy.  Need to keep prices relative to other transfers during that time.  If Perisic is 55M, then 40M for Salah is a steal.  30M for Jordan Pickford makes VVD at 70M look like good value.

The amount of money being thrown around is head spinning, but as Jack Johnson says, it's all relative....  😆
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #220: Jun 26, 2017 04:20:50 pm
      Dont care if he costs 70 mn, he will be a level above our current midfielders.If we are really serious about posing a geniune title challenge and a credible European run, these are the kinds of signings we should target. We would be involved in a lot of important matches which would be decided by finer margins  and having world class players can get us the crucial wins.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #221: Jun 26, 2017 04:25:07 pm

world has gone bonkers

unproven?

He's been a standout performer for Leipzeg last season and one of the best players to ever grace the Bundasliga.

He is an immense talent, we should pay whatever fee they are asking.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #222: Jun 26, 2017 04:29:13 pm

Keita has proven him self to be a top class player, every top club wants him. Same goes to VVD.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      Reply #223: Jun 26, 2017 04:36:09 pm
      Keita has proven him self to be a top class player, every top club wants him. Same goes to VVD.

So you don't think the EPL and Budesliga are the best leagues? Pray tell which are then....Serie A? La Liga?

And yes they are both the best in their respective positions  in their respective leagues. Don't worry about games played and European experience, let's look at what they've done recently. Keita was the second best player in Germany behind Lewendoski. Van Djik when healthy is easily the best CB in the league.

What are you drinking? And why do you care what their prices are? Is JWH going to ask you for a loan to pay for them? We have the money to spend, we should spend it on Klopp's top targets.

140 for veratti and bonucci then we're talikng, and yes la liga is better than both.keita better than vidal ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      Reply #224: Jun 26, 2017 04:38:36 pm
      unproven?

He's been a standout performer for Leipzeg last season and one of the best players to ever grace the Bundasliga.

He is an immense talent, we should pay whatever fee they are asking.

Ever ? One good season and people are going mental, are vvd and keita better than whst we have ? Yes. Should be try to buy them, yes. Are thry proven world class, are they F**k
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      Reply #225: Jun 26, 2017 04:40:18 pm

Vvd been on the treatment table recently keita had a better season than aubameyang.  ? Of course we should care how much we pay, we care when we don't spend so why should it be different when er do. If Jürgen wants them great but take your head out of ypur asd
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #226: Jun 26, 2017 05:01:55 pm
      Vvd been on the treatment table recently keita had a better season than aubameyang.  ? Of course we should care how much we pay, we care when we don't spend so why should it be different when er do. If Jürgen wants them great but take your head out of ypur asd

Relax kiddo. It's obvious Jürgen wants them, and their play is there for everyone to see. Not sure why you are having such a coronary over this. We've had a positive net spend for what? 3 transfer windows....and we are going to sell at least a few players this window. We have plenty of money to spend. If you are so worried about finances, try watching CNBC, Jim Kramer sounds more your speed than following a football club. And no, La Liga top to bottom is tougher than the EPL or Bundesliga. Not sure why you even think that, it's a 3 or 4 team league, tops, after that the drop off is cliff like.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #227: Jun 26, 2017 05:25:16 pm
      Ever ? One good season and people are going mental, are vvd and keita better than whst we have ? Yes. Should be try to buy them, yes. Are thry proven world class, are they f**k

Yes ever, any Bundasliga viewer would tell you the same. He's highly rated and proved to be an immense player.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      Reply #228: Jun 26, 2017 05:59:36 pm
      Yes ever, any Bundasliga viewer would tell you the same. He's highly rated and proved to be an immense player.
      I will agree with everything you said except for one of the best ever bollocks typical of modern football where the best thing you saw is the last thing ypu saw
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2017 06:08:10 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      Reply #229: Jun 26, 2017 06:04:20 pm
      Relax kiddo. It's obvious Jürgen wants them, and their play is there for everyone to see. Not sure why you are having such a coronary over this. We've had a positive net spend for what? 3 transfer windows....and we are going to sell at least a few players this window. We have plenty of money to spend. If you are so worried about finances, try watching CNBC, Jim Kramer sounds more your speed than following a football club. And no, La Liga top to bottom is tougher than the EPL or Bundesliga. Not sure why you even think that, it's a 3 or 4 team league, tops, after that the drop off is cliff like.

Not having a coronary, just amazes me how much sh*t is spouted on this thread. As for la liga being a 3 orv4 team league i would suggest looking at the Bundedliga table. I suggest you are the one should concentrate on football

Quick Reply