Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 566571 times
      CT_LFC, Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 488 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2783: Dec 25, 2020 08:03:27 am
      Disgusting comments on social media about his family posing in front of the Christmas tree hope he can completely ignore them.

Yep, completely sickening stuff.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2784: Dec 25, 2020 09:14:01 am
      Disgusting comments on social media about his family posing in front of the Christmas tree hope he can completely ignore them.

Behaviour of vacant F***ing morons.
      It displays that these fuckwits are terrified the invincible, all conquering LFC of yesteryear is emerging before their very eyes.
      They will attempt to chip away at the side like the rats they are.

We have a manager who rises above the clamour and dismisses it with a flourish:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55439261
      « Last Edit: Dec 25, 2020 09:27:32 am by stuey »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2785: Dec 26, 2020 03:54:21 am
      A lot of media bull sh*t.  Salah scored at the weekend and the camera is fixed on Mane's face.  FFS we want to see JĂźrgen celebration the players celebrations no they're looking for something always.

I know these things tend to pop up after a string if poor results, not after winning 7-0 ;D.

If Salah wants to make a move, the clubs that he could move to realistically is pretty slim and given covid messying up finances of the big two in Spain is list is Juventus or PSG.

The way I see this playing out right now is either he signs new deal or will play out his contract then walk away on a free (like Gini). Just don't see any club paying what I am sure is hefty transfer fee for him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #2786: Dec 26, 2020 08:01:23 am

Unreal.

It's a pity Covid wasn't a bit more selective on who it made seriously ill as the world could easily do without some people.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #2788: Dec 26, 2020 11:27:12 am

Seen some of the stuff from supposed foreign supporters who happen to be muslim kicking off at Mo for having a chrimbo tree.

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2789: Dec 26, 2020 11:47:53 am
      What's a "new challenge"??
      Winning the club world cup?
      Winning the CL?
      Winning the domestic Premier League?

You are crediting his agent's speil as the player's intentions, the two are entirely different.with different agendas.

I'm not assuming anything about Mo's intentions, just discussing possibilities. Nothing I wrote was referencing agent spiel, there are direct quotes from Mo you can interpret however you like.

A new challenge is fairly self explanatory. All those things you've listed are achievements, if Mo wanted to play in a new league with a new club, that is a new challenge. Not making any comment on whether it would be the 'right' decision.

Anyway, as Mo and JĂźrgen have said, it's all in the club's hands and if we want to offer him a contract beyond 2022 then we will.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2790: Dec 26, 2020 01:07:06 pm
      I'm not assuming anything about Mo's intentions, just discussing possibilities. Nothing I wrote was referencing agent spiel, there are direct quotes from Mo you can interpret however you like.

As you are.
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #2791: Dec 26, 2020 01:14:47 pm
      It's a storm in a tea cup. He can't leave, no one is going to pay what he is worth given his age, especially when all clubs are financially compromised. And who could be a more attractive club than the one he currently plays for? The Mancs? Don't make me laugh. The big two in Spain are going through a big depression. PSG? There's a small chance there I suppose, but the league is so weak it's got to feel like an anteroom to retirement and is he far too young for that.

I call bollocks.
      quite true what you just said, probably the media blowing the trumpet on what is a very small news piece
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #2792: Dec 26, 2020 01:21:08 pm
      quite true what you just said, probably the media blowing the trumpet on what is a very small news piece

Considering Klopp put a few quotes in the echo it might be more than just a small news piece!

The Liverpool manager conceded, however, that he erred when appointing Trent Alexander-Arnold captain of his boyhood club for the first time against Midtjylland. Salah told AS that he was expecting to be captain that night in the absence of Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Virgil van Dijk and Georginio Wijnaldum.

“I was captain for a long time in my career and I always thought: ‘what a job this is’ because there are not a lot of benefits and there is a lot of work,” Klopp said. “I didn’t feel, or do not feel, the importance of being captain. Before the game I did not realise how important that can be for players and I didn’t realise how big a story it was for Trent.

The rule here is we have a players’ committee. The committee is Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Virgil van Dijk and Gini Wijnaldum. These are pretty much the four captains. If they all cannot play, usually it is the guy who is longest in the club. And that, how I saw it, was Trent. I don’t mean youth career, but in his professional career. Then somebody told me that on that basis it should have been Divock Origi. So it was my fault.

“Afterwards I spoke to Mo about it. Then I realised it did not work out that well so I clarified it. Obviously he gave the interview. That is not a problem for me. Obviously he was disappointed. I did not do it on purpose, and if I made a mistake then it was not making Divock Origi captain that day.”
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2793: Dec 26, 2020 01:45:34 pm
      Considering Klopp put a few quotes in the echo it might be more than just a small news piece!

The Liverpool manager conceded, however, that he erred when appointing Trent Alexander-Arnold captain of his boyhood club for the first time against Midtjylland. Salah told AS that he was expecting to be captain that night in the absence of Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Virgil van Dijk and Georginio Wijnaldum.

“I was captain for a long time in my career and I always thought: ‘what a job this is’ because there are not a lot of benefits and there is a lot of work,” Klopp said. “I didn’t feel, or do not feel, the importance of being captain. Before the game I did not realise how important that can be for players and I didn’t realise how big a story it was for Trent.

The rule here is we have a players’ committee. The committee is Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Virgil van Dijk and Gini Wijnaldum. These are pretty much the four captains. If they all cannot play, usually it is the guy who is longest in the club. And that, how I saw it, was Trent. I don’t mean youth career, but in his professional career. Then somebody told me that on that basis it should have been Divock Origi. So it was my fault.

“Afterwards I spoke to Mo about it. Then I realised it did not work out that well so I clarified it. Obviously he gave the interview. That is not a problem for me. Obviously he was disappointed. I did not do it on purpose, and if I made a mistake then it was not making Divock Origi captain that day.”

I still don't understand what made Salah think he should be captain that day and be disappointed he wasn't.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2794: Dec 26, 2020 02:28:58 pm
      I still don't understand what made Salah think he should be captain that day and be disappointed he wasn't.

Maybe he was 5th in the voting poll they did with the players a couple seasons ago
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2795: Dec 30, 2020 09:53:24 pm
      If he's going to be the player we mainly center our offense around, he needs to get his head out of his F***ing ass. Subbed 180 minutes too late. Been F***ing useless the past 2 games.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2796: Dec 30, 2020 11:04:56 pm
       Way off his best, scary hes top scorer
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,170 posts | 1094 
      Reply #2797: Dec 30, 2020 11:10:21 pm
      He truly looks like he doesn't care right now. Is he really holding a grudge?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2798: Dec 30, 2020 11:51:31 pm
      Performance like his last 2 games & he looks a good fit for those 2 decaying superpowers in Spain..

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2799: Dec 31, 2020 12:37:00 am
      He truly looks like he doesn't care right now. Is he really holding a grudge?

Go to bed mate.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,170 posts | 1094 
      Reply #2800: Dec 31, 2020 12:48:30 am

;D. Maybe I need to.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2801: Dec 31, 2020 11:30:52 pm
      His last 3 chances over the 2 games should have been buried and we'd be sitting very pretty clear at the Top. Not like Mo to miss those 3 sitters! Shooting boots on please Mo v Soton!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2802: Jan 01, 2021 08:48:18 am
      His last 3 chances over the 2 games should have been buried and we'd be sitting very pretty clear at the Top. Not like Mo to miss those 3 sitters! Shooting boots on please Mo v Soton!

Actually it is just like Mo, he is incredibly wasteful in front of goal, its why I struggle to call him world class, yes he can score some sublime goals and his movement and runs are beautiful but how often does he dribble past someone or play cute 1-2's with Mane or Bobby, his decision making is seriously suspect at times and in all honesty if we got a good replacement then I would not shed too many tears at losing him.

Quite often these days I almost groan when he gets the ball instead of Mane as I reckon its 50-50 whether he scores or not.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #2803: Jan 01, 2021 09:35:13 am
      Actually it is just like Mo, he is incredibly wasteful in front of goal, its why I struggle to call him world class, yes he can score some sublime goals and his movement and runs are beautiful but how often does he dribble past someone or play cute 1-2's with Mane or Bobby, his decision making is seriously suspect at times and in all honesty if we got a good replacement then I would not shed too many tears at losing him.

Quite often these days I almost groan when he gets the ball instead of Mane as I reckon its 50-50 whether he scores or not.

Mo's stats are through the roof consistently for the last four seasons and higher than Sadio's in every area apart from dribbles.

Do you really think it's that easy to replace this high level of consistency in the PL?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2804: Jan 01, 2021 10:25:24 am
      Mo's stats are through the roof consistently for the last four seasons and higher than Sadio's in every area apart from dribbles.

Do you really think it's that easy to replace this high level of consistency in the PL?

He scores a lot because the team generates so many chances, but he fumbles and fucks up a LOT of opportunities. Given the choice I would pick Mane over Salah every time.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #2805: Jan 01, 2021 10:33:38 am
      He scores a lot because the team generates so many chances, but he fumbles and fucks up a LOT of opportunities. Given the choice I would pick Mane over Salah every time.

Mo has the same shots per game as De Bruyne with 7 times as many goals scored. He has less shots per game than Harry Kane and also more goals scored.

Sadio has slightly less shots per game than Mo but less than half the goals scored.

This notion that Mo is more wasteful than other players is pie in the sky.

Quick Reply