Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 293994 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,519 posts | 3462 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2208: Aug 18, 2017 04:26:05 pm
      I do too, but since FSG won't sell and we rejected big money, Klopp will have to use him.
      I wonder what his defence will be for not using Sakho, pardon the accidental pun.

Sakho continually being unprofessional is a good start
      Mike50806
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #2209: Aug 18, 2017 04:27:23 pm
      Take the money you lunatics!!! He's not worth that much in a month of Sunday's!
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2210: Aug 18, 2017 04:28:56 pm
      I'd want the Neymar money, plus the interest it would have made up front, no add ons, rinse the bas**rds for every penny.

I agree, at this point with all that has been going on I'd put that price tag on him. If they pay fine he goes, if not then don't even bother coming back with another offer.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2211: Aug 18, 2017 04:31:46 pm
      They reportedly turned down £114 M That does not equate to we are not selling him Final...It could just mean they Barca has not meet the price we are willing to let him go at.... Let's see what happens at the end of the window

The message has been clear from the start, there is no price, he's not for sale, other than Coutinho taking a massive sh*t in Jurgens packed lunch I don't see him leaving.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2212: Aug 18, 2017 04:32:49 pm
      Take the money you lunatics!!! He's not worth that much in a month of Sunday's!
      Creating an account on here won't change Liverpool's mind Mr Valverde.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2213: Aug 18, 2017 04:35:15 pm
      The message has been clear from the start, there is no price, he's not for sale, other than Coutinho taking a massive sh*t in Jurgens packed lunch I don't see him leaving.
      He's probably already done that.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2214: Aug 18, 2017 04:36:44 pm
      I could only see us selling Coutinho once we bring in a couple more quality players. If we publicly indicate our intent to sell him at any price that would just make all the clubs we're negotiating with jack up the prices for their players.
      But that's just me trying to be optimistic. It's likely we're not bringing any more player in and FSG know full well that selling Coutinho in that case would turn every single supporter against them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2215: Aug 18, 2017 04:37:25 pm
      Barcelona's sporting director Robert Fernandez, says talks are under way with Liverpool over the transfer of Coutinho. He has said this on camera, so someone is telling porkies! If it is Barcelona, I now expect Liverpool to lodge a formal complaint!

Porkie pies indeed!
      A lack of any reciprocal action by FIFA is to be expected with Barca seemingly exempt from any disciplinary measures.

What is a cause for concern is the same innaction from LFC, it's almost as if the lies and complete bollocks from Barca were being allowed to multiply while being unopposed, for a specific reason.
      From experience when things do become a little clearer and there is F**k all that can be done about it, it is to the detriment of the team.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,519 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2216: Aug 18, 2017 04:39:32 pm

That's the wurst thing you csn do to Jürgen's lunch
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,551 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2217: Aug 18, 2017 04:40:07 pm
      WOW, will all the people who were slamming FSG earlier in the week saying that they were just interested in selling players etc please now apologise?
      I won't even apologise if they SPENT £130m on players, not just, receive it.

I wouldn't apologise because I haven't done anything wrong, just voiced my opinion that FSG are not spending enough in transfer windows for a team trying to cling to 4th and with aspirations on winning the league.

In fact, when are FSG going to apologise to us for the sheer incompetence shown in transfer window after transfer window?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,519 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2218: Aug 18, 2017 04:41:41 pm
      Porkie pies indeed!
      A lack of any reciprocal action by FIFA is to be expected with Barca seemingly exempt from any disciplinary measures.

What is a cause for concern is the same innaction from LFC, it's almost as if the lies and complete bollocks from Barca were being allowed to multiply while being unopposed, for a specific reason.
      From experience when things do become a little clearer and there is f**k all that can be done about it, it is to the detriment of the team.

He makes Michael edwards look like a genius
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2219: Aug 18, 2017 04:43:21 pm
      WOW, will all the people who were slamming FSG earlier in the week saying that they were just interested in selling players etc please now apologise?

No, not really because they're going to sell him in 12 months time you weapon.

They sell him this Summer with the shambles they've overseen in buying players, there would be a riot - and they know it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2220: Aug 18, 2017 04:45:47 pm
      Just imagine if Lallana didn't get injured and we signed Kieta.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2221: Aug 18, 2017 04:48:46 pm
      Just imagine if Lallana didn't get injured and we signed Kieta.

If we're going to do 'If's', I prefer Kipling.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #2222: Aug 18, 2017 04:48:54 pm
      Imagine if we signed aguero and sanchez... what are we doing?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,519 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2223: Aug 18, 2017 04:50:49 pm
      If we're going to do 'If's', I prefer Kipling.

I would like lfc to sign some exceedingly good players
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2224: Aug 18, 2017 04:51:25 pm
      Imagine if we signed aguero and sanchez... what are we doing?
      People aren't really that clever if they need to ask. If Lallana did not get injured and we signed Kieta I would imagine Coutinho bid would have been accepted.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2225: Aug 18, 2017 04:52:36 pm
      I'm glad it's been rejected, in fact I would have added ' Go F**k yourself Barca '

I'm sick of being bullied by these KUNTS, how are we to reach their level if we keep selling our best,
      Now, had they attempted to buy Cou in june or whenever fine, giving us time to find similar player, but not the days before the start or now a week into the new season,

Look, I reckon Cou put in the TR on bad advise from either his kunty agent or his tw*t brother or both, on the proviso that FSG would cave in, sell for around  £90m ,  but now that heels have been firmly dug in, it makes Cou look a bit silly and probably embarrassed,
      Before the sh*t hit the fan it was well documented he was happy here, the only thing that has changed is Barca's interest, which turned Phil's head,
      But honestly can anyone actually blame him, after all it's very likely he'll end up there anyway,
      This is all down to the timing of it all, Barca for maximum effect and Coutinho on the eve of the season,

Coutinho has sullied the relationship with himself and the fans no doubt however that doesn't mean he can't recover some but not all of the affection,

It's crystal now that won't be sold at least this window so let's just get through the next 12 days or so , give  him a bit of a grovelling period with the U23's and let the dust settle , the introduce him back within the first teamers , he'll apologise and hopefully begin to repay with outstanding performances, play well @ the WC....then we can sell the wee kunt for £180m, now isn't that a amicable solution?

YNWA

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2226: Aug 18, 2017 04:55:23 pm
      He makes Michael edwards look like a genius

Oh come on. He's not that bad.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #2227: Aug 18, 2017 04:58:01 pm

So, not selling your key players every summer has become a moment to rejoice? Isn't that a minimum requirement for a club like Liverpool? The bar has been lowered so much that the bare minimum is becoming praiseworthy.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2228: Aug 18, 2017 05:13:58 pm
      Liverpool reject record £118m bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho

new
      Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent
      August 18 2017, 5:00pm, The Times

Liverpool have rejected a third bid worth a total of £118 million for Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona which included a payment if the Brazilian wins the Ballon d’Or.

The offer - which would have been a record fee received by a British club - was tabled today and immediately rebuffed, with Liverpool adamant that they will not buckle under the Catalan club’s persistent pursuit of the player.

The breakdown of Barcelona’s bid would have seen Liverpool receive a guaranteed payment of £82.1 million with a further £36.5 million linked to the progress of Coutinho and his new club.

Of those add-ons, Barcelona wanted to pay a specific sum if Coutinho followed the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in lifting the Ballon d’Or, the award for the best player in the world. They also proposed payments linked to the club winning the Champions League in future.

But however achievable those triggers are viewed, Liverpool are insistent that they will not sell Coutinho despite the player submitting a transfer request last Friday. He has told Jürgen Klopp, the Liverpool manager, he does not want to play for the club again.

Barcelona have already had bids of £72 million and £90.3 million dismissed.

The absence of a release clause in the five-year contract Coutinho signed in January means that Liverpool can stand strong for as long as they want. Owners Fenway Sports Group released a statement seven days ago saying their “definitive stance” is that all offers will be turned down in the transfer window.

While Barcelona can continue bidding, they are pushing at a closed door.

Coutinho has not played this season due to a back injury sustained at the Audi Cup in Munich at the start of August which is where he was told in face to face talks with FSG president Mike Gordon that he is not for sale.

He will again be missing for today’s Premier League game with Crystal Palace at Anfield.

Klopp will also consider Coutinho as being likely to miss next Wednesday’s Champions League play-off, second, leg, with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim which would leave the game with Arsenal on August 27 as the only remaining fixture before the transfer window shuts.

The problem then will be the rehabilitation of Coutinho back into the fold with the player viewing Barcelona’s interest as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity following the departure of Neymar from the Nou Camp to Paris Saint-Germain for £198 million.

(Source: Behind The Times paywall)

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2017 05:41:12 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #2229: Aug 18, 2017 05:29:09 pm
      [newsLiverpool reject record £118m bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho=]
      new
      Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent
      August 18 2017, 5:00pm, The Times

Liverpool have rejected a third bid worth a total of £118 million for Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona which included a payment if the Brazilian wins the Ballon d’Or.

The offer - which would have been a record fee received by a British club - was tabled today and immediately rebuffed, with Liverpool adamant that they will not buckle under the Catalan club’s persistent pursuit of the player.

The breakdown of Barcelona’s bid would have seen Liverpool receive a guaranteed payment of £82.1 million with a further £36.5 million linked to the progress of Coutinho and his new club.

Of those add-ons, Barcelona wanted to pay a specific sum if Coutinho followed the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in lifting the Ballon d’Or, the award for the best player in the world. They also proposed payments linked to the club winning the Champions League in future.

But however achievable those triggers are viewed, Liverpool are insistent that they will not sell Coutinho despite the player submitting a transfer request last Friday. He has told Jürgen Klopp, the Liverpool manager, he does not want to play for the club again.

Barcelona have already had bids of £72 million and £90.3 million dismissed.

The absence of a release clause in the five-year contract Coutinho signed in January means that Liverpool can stand strong for as long as they want. Owners Fenway Sports Group released a statement seven days ago saying their “definitive stance” is that all offers will be turned down in the transfer window.

While Barcelona can continue bidding, they are pushing at a closed door.

Coutinho has not played this season due to a back injury sustained at the Audi Cup in Munich at the start of August which is where he was told in face to face talks with FSG president Mike Gordon that he is not for sale.

He will again be missing for today’s Premier League game with Crystal Palace at Anfield.

Klopp will also consider Coutinho as being likely to miss next Wednesday’s Champions League play-off, second, leg, with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim which would leave the game with Arsenal on August 27 as the only remaining fixture before the transfer window shuts.

The problem then will be the rehabilitation of Coutinho back into the fold with the player viewing Barcelona’s interest as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity following the departure of Neymar from the Nou Camp to Paris Saint-Germain for £198 million.

(Source: Behind The Times paywall)

[/news]

So it wasn't even that good of an offer. Kind of hard to act poor (Barca) when you have all that Neymar money sitting in the bank. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2230: Aug 18, 2017 05:30:35 pm
      That offer rejected, damn that's a lot of money for a player!

I think what gets me most about this, aside from the transfer request the day before our season started, is that everyone was saying although he would like to go, he won't push for a move and make life difficult but as it goes, that's exactly what he has done. Just another example of why people who claim to be reliable or are viewed as reliable, actually know as much as us...nothing.

Await their next offer.

Quick Reply