Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 297841 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2967: Aug 28, 2017 06:09:50 pm
      Oh come on, we all knew he was fit to play - he was just throwing a tantrum. Let it be.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,533 posts | 225 
      Reply #2968: Aug 28, 2017 06:31:04 pm
      Lemar is his replacement imo

Hope we get a cb with the money
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2969: Aug 28, 2017 06:36:23 pm
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #2970: Aug 28, 2017 06:39:44 pm
      This is exactly like the Mascherano saga. Same agent, same antics. I thought we were too eager to forgive Mascherano.
       (after he gave an interview dedicating his win to us). In some ways I could empathise with his move then as the club was in turmoil. This.. I am not able to get my head around it. And, if rumours are to be believed, Messi isn't even bothered if he joins them.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #2971: Aug 28, 2017 06:39:52 pm

I hope we sell the c**t.  I can't see how Klopp could welcome him back into the side after the sh*t he's pulled....
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #2972: Aug 28, 2017 06:41:53 pm
      Few rumours that we'd do business at £145m.

Know we're getting Keita next summer but think we need to do more than just Lemar if we do end up doing a deal in the next few days.

But he is not for sale :lmao:

Win win for the owners, take the Coutinho money and re invest. Then stockpile the "real transfer budget".

They better be throwing the rest of the kitty at new signings too.

Here's what I said a while back when people were questioning whether klopp wanted to sell Coutinho...

Looking like what's about to unfold.

Maybe he needs the money from the sale, and as good as he is the funds raised could buy two players to improve the team.

Of course if he stays, as they categorically said he was not for sale, I'll eat the western union sleeve off my son's top haha
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #2973: Aug 28, 2017 06:45:20 pm

I would rather he stay and rot in the ressies. We use him as an example to show that players can't dictate terms to the club. I don't want him to make it to the Brazilian squad and play for Brazil in the wcup (no offence to the Brazilian national team as I love watching them play).

Wishful thinking.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Reply #2974: Aug 28, 2017 06:59:07 pm
      Yeah, if he plays for Brazil while "injured" for us, it would only make me more determined not to sell him.

Why let him get what he wants as a reward for taking the piss. We will still get big money for him next summer. He is not in a position to run down his contract! All we lose is his wages for a year. In the context of the transfer fees now, that is small beer.

What we get for those wages is a lesson to every player present and future that taking the piss out of the club is not going to get you what you want. Sell him now, and we send the opposite message.

Stick him in the reserves. If he comes round, fine. If not, f**k him, let him kick his heels til next summer. ( And then still play hardball.)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2975: Aug 28, 2017 07:01:40 pm

That smile looks like he has had it his way and forced a move to Barca by shitting on us. F***ing c**t.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2976: Aug 28, 2017 07:02:05 pm
      pr**k.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #2977: Aug 28, 2017 07:04:01 pm
      I would rather he stay and rot in the ressies.

This reminds of the phrase -- you'd cut off your nose to spite your face.  We can't afford to let a 100M asset rot on the bench. 

I'd much rather sell him, replace him, and then knock Barca out of the CL. 
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2978: Aug 28, 2017 07:05:13 pm
      Coutinho won't go this season, we don't have Keita until next season.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2979: Aug 28, 2017 07:05:56 pm
      This reminds of the phrase -- you'd cut off your nose to spite your face.  We can't afford to let a 100M asset rot on the bench. 

I'd much rather sell him, replace him, and then knock Barca out of the CL. 

Tell you what Harry...you watch us play and then go and watch Barca and I know what team I would rather be part of.....mental that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2980: Aug 28, 2017 07:07:47 pm
      Tell you what Harry...you watch us play and then go and watch Barca and I know what team I would rather be part of.....mental that.
      I'd like to see Barca in the PL for a season, they would probably end up in the Europa League now. They are on par with Arsenal.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #2981: Aug 28, 2017 07:27:38 pm
      Suppose his "back problem" will flare up again after he returns from international duty.

If he returns.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #2982: Aug 28, 2017 07:34:20 pm
      He's acted like a right c**t.

Get rid of him
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2983: Aug 28, 2017 07:35:11 pm
      Give the little bellend the Sakho treatment for a season.

We're doing fine without him.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #2984: Aug 28, 2017 08:05:39 pm
      Well he should be docked his wages at least.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2985: Aug 28, 2017 08:07:46 pm
      I started the window saying we should sell him as I don't want players treating the club like this.

Now though... keep the pr**k, at least this season because if we do cave it to his disgraceful antics it sets a precedence

He's acted like a proper c**t though
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #2986: Aug 28, 2017 08:08:01 pm
      We can't let him go now. Have to keep him To uphold the integrity of the club. Select him, if he purposefully under performs, drop him to the ressies, and every time there's a hint of Brazil reps coming to watch him, bench him.
      Keep him for two years and cock up hos World Cup aspirations, then let him go.
      We may lose a few £mill on his eventual sale, but we'll still make s profit on what we paid for him. There's that much money in the game, it's not like we couldn't afford to take a small hit.
      We gotta teach these pampered children a contract means just that, unless both the player AND THE CLUB are in agreement of s sale.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #2987: Aug 28, 2017 08:10:43 pm
      If we sell C. then we are done. Next year Barca/City/United/Real would approach Keita, Mané, Salah - name it - and they could all pull off the same thing, because they have the Cuntinho example that worked. Even if it wouldn't, we'd have a mess. We need to send a message!

But since we have Keita next year, we could drop C. next year - wasn't that one of his "conditions" to stay?

But again: If I am LFC boss I'd make a point and keep C. to 2022 so that every player from now on knows: I sign with Liverpool, I stay with Liverpool, period.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2988: Aug 28, 2017 08:11:03 pm
      As much as I agree he is a c**t, didn't Klopp say a week ago that his back injury was now fine but he had a virus, perhaps its just his "virus" which has conveniently cleared up in time to play for Brasil.

I agree that we should NOT sell. F**k him, if he doesn't want to play then he will be so match unfit that he won't make the Brasil squad for the WC.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #2989: Aug 28, 2017 08:11:58 pm
      If we sell C. then we are done. Next year Barca/City/United/Real would approach Keita, Mané, Salah - name it - and they could all pull off the same thing, because they have the Cuntinho example that worked. Even if it wouldn't, we'd have a mess. We need to send a message!

But since we have Keita next year, we could drop C. next year - wasn't that one of his "conditions" to stay?

But again: If I am LFC boss I'd make a point and keep C. to 2022 so that every player from now on knows: I sign with Liverpool, I stay with Liverpool, period.

Markovic agrees.

Quick Reply