Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 291846 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2944: Aug 28, 2017 01:05:24 pm
      If we were able to get Keita and Lemar, Phil can go wherever the hell he wants.

I say we still keep him, we need strength in depth.
      Who ever we bring in, we will need a stronger bench.
      Couts could help warm that for another 3 seasons 😁
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #2945: Aug 28, 2017 01:12:14 pm
      He has to ... he needs to make things right with his mates first who he has let down in my opinion.

Then he has to fight his way back into the team.

And he has to perform if he is to make the brazil squad/team for the World Cup and impress any potential takers.

And if he has a storming season and world cup, his value goes even higher. More demand for him and still 4 years left on his deal.

We hold the cards. We call the shots. And he can thank his half wit agent for that.

I hear ya mate.......but that's only rhetoric unless you CAN make it work and more importantly WANT to make it work.

Not long now ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #2946: Aug 28, 2017 01:20:11 pm
      I hear ya mate.......but that's only rhetoric unless you CAN make it work and more importantly WANT to make it work.

Not long now ;)

With all the players we have been linked & if we do buy all of them it's very important to keep Couthino as we are going to need cover in the cup games ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #2947: Aug 28, 2017 01:24:19 pm
      With all the players we have been linked & if we do buy all of them it's very important to keep Couthino as we are going to need cover in the cup games ;)

Ha ha - would love to see his wee face on a wet Plymouth night in January!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2948: Aug 28, 2017 01:59:47 pm
      We were prepared to spend big on Keita and van Dijk WITH Coutinho still in our squad. So why do people think Lemar IN, Cou OUT?!

While the VVD saga is still in the air, I'm thinking we get Lemar this summer, make Cou stay for one more season and next summer, get Keita (if other clubs dont trigger his clause!). If Origi is involved in the deal, it wouldnt be too bad if we could get a cool €20-25m, considering Solanke is ahead of him!

The bullshit does seem to increase on a ratio with a lack of transfer activity, no reference to the actual post above of course,
      What is actually rising above the bullshit is the very real prospect of Coutinho getting off with abject failure a common factor in the laughingly labelled "transfer activity".

The money is there ffs, prepare for the challenges of the Prem and CL while we can.
      On the day we can provide scintillating performances but given an injury or two LFC are downgraded to also rans, astonishingly we are still light with quality back-up.

Until LFC are financed as status demands disappointment will be a companion.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #2949: Aug 28, 2017 02:00:17 pm
      If we were able to get Keita and Lemar, Phil can go wherever the hell he wants.

My brother asked whether I'd rather we sold Coutinho and brought in Keita & VVD.

My reply: Well, for starters we shouldn't have to choose, and I wouldn't trust our owners to reinvest the whole lot or to get the deals done anyway, but assuming we had no choice then you bet I would.

We can still trounce teams without Coutinho, but we can't last a season without a top CB (the most important position to strengthen IMO). Add in a top class midfielder and we start to look like we can actually do something as opposed to sweating over 4th place.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2950: Aug 28, 2017 02:14:07 pm
      I'll believe when it's 1st September fella.

I've been saying all summer the only thing that made me (initially) think Phil 'might' stay was Jürgen.

As soon as he started saying......"not down to me" that hope (wish) was done.

So in answer to your question - I've always thought he'd be gone if down to FSG.

Don77.... This
       There is no smoke without a fire and after this "Liverpool have set a Monday deadline for Barcelona to agree a fee for 25-year-old midfielder Philippe Coutinho."... Lets wait till tomorrow to see
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2951: Aug 28, 2017 02:20:55 pm
      Coutinho is fit to play for Brazil, but I guess we all knew this.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2952: Aug 28, 2017 03:17:30 pm
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2953: Aug 28, 2017 03:22:40 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2954: Aug 28, 2017 04:15:36 pm

What an absolute c**t, if this is true, although hardly surprising. Want I find disgraceful is that the little c**t didn't even go to the home games to support his team mates, I'm amazed that Klopp allowed him not to do that.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2955: Aug 28, 2017 05:20:47 pm
      What an absolute c**t, if this is true, although hardly surprising. Want I find disgraceful is that the little c**t didn't even go to the home games to support his team mates, I'm amazed that Klopp allowed him not to do that.

What can Kloppo do ? Drag him in chains to Anfield ? Kia Joorabchian is his agent, the same for the snake that was Tevez.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,939 posts | 285 
      Reply #2956: Aug 28, 2017 05:23:14 pm
      If he plays for Brazil, he needs to be fined by the club.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #2957: Aug 28, 2017 05:26:52 pm
      Few rumours that we'd do business at £145m.

Know we're getting Keita next summer but think we need to do more than just Lemar if we do end up doing a deal in the next few days.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2958: Aug 28, 2017 05:30:51 pm
      What can Kloppo do ? Drag him in chains to Anfield ? Kia Joorabchian is his agent, the same for the snake that was Tevez.

Oh I agree, if he refuses he refuses but at that point you need to start getting tough.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #2959: Aug 28, 2017 05:35:11 pm
      So he is going to get his way then. With all these potential signings, it can only mean one thing - he is going to be allowed to leave.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2960: Aug 28, 2017 05:36:24 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised if he is gone this window but I think we should wait at least one more year with him (if we intend to sell at all).

We get at least one more season out of him and after a WC prices will get even higher.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2961: Aug 28, 2017 05:36:33 pm
      So he is going to get his way then. With all these potential signings, it can only mean one thing - he is going to be allowed to leave.

Why?....makes perfect sense to keep him now that we have his replacement lined up for next Summer.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2962: Aug 28, 2017 05:40:49 pm
      Why?....makes perfect sense to keep him now that we have his replacement lined up for next Summer.

Yeah if anything this points to him staying another year, at least.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2963: Aug 28, 2017 05:42:00 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised if he is gone this window but I think we should wait at least one more year with him (if we intend to sell at all).

We get at least one more season out of him and after a WC prices will get even higher.

Not to mention his importance in our CL campaign.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #2964: Aug 28, 2017 05:53:13 pm

If we sign Lemar, I would expect Lemar to replace Coutinho,  AZ as he can play AM, winger, good at set pieces etc(from what I have read as I know nothing about Lemar) ...something Coutinho does.

Keita was looked upon to add to what we have this season and not replace some outgoing player. And, I was wondering if he would take that No. 6 role that moves Hendo to the right, his preferred position since his days at Sunderland.

Finally, it's all about how our owners operate.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2965: Aug 28, 2017 06:01:25 pm
      Finally, it's all about how my opinion of our owners operate.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #2966: Aug 28, 2017 06:05:28 pm

Quick Reply