Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 287029 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #322: Jul 27, 2017 02:21:26 pm
      If Coutinho wants to leave, sell him but get a player from Barca for that - heard that they could include Rakitic in the deal. 70M+Rakitic would be fine IMO.

We will do good without Coutinho but we need to buy new players, even if Coutinho stays.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #323: Jul 27, 2017 02:23:58 pm
      If Coutinho wants to leave, sell him but get a player from Barca for that - heard that they could include Rakitic in the deal. 70M+Rakitic would be fine IMO.

We will do goo without Coutinho but we need to buy new players, even if Coutinho stays.

Or just stop being little F***ing bitches and asking for their cast-offs and demand a three figure sum.

£100 odd million plus and if those catalan cu*ts can't afford it, they know what the answer will be - F**k right off!!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #324: Jul 27, 2017 02:25:57 pm
      Or just stop being little f**king bitches and asking for their cast-offs and demand a three figure sum.

£100 odd million plus and if those catalan cu*ts can't afford it, they know what the answer will be - f**k right off!!

hahah I think we should get as much money as we can from them for Coutinho. Given the prices being paid for players now, I think that 70 M + a great player is the minimum we need to ask.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #325: Jul 27, 2017 02:35:50 pm

We will do good without Coutinho but we need to buy new players, even if Coutinho stays.

That's F***ing crazy  mate. Sell your best player and get a decent player with some cash we don't even spend?
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #326: Jul 27, 2017 02:38:31 pm
      That's f**king crazy  mate. Sell your best player and get a decent player with some cash we don't even spend?
      Totally agree!! If we do that it just swells FSGs coffers even more 😡
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #327: Jul 27, 2017 02:49:22 pm
      Not that I think he wants to leave but if true why would you want a player that's doesn't want to play for you?? You'd make a bad manager keeping him.  :lmao: 

Remind us again how much Rooney was on per week in his last few seasons? ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #328: Jul 27, 2017 02:51:28 pm

£50 million plus Luis Suarez is the ONLY deal I would accept from them
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #329: Jul 27, 2017 03:17:46 pm
      Not that I think he wants to leave but if true why would you want a player that's doesn't want to play for you?? You'd make a bad manager keeping him.  :lmao: 

Because if you want to compete then you have to keep your best players. We kept Suarez when he wanted to go and he went on to have a phenomenal season for us, Xabi was ready to go and we could have let him go quite easily but he stayed and had a phenomenal season. Sanchez has been unhappy at Arsenal all year but had his best season. Slightly different example; Tevez absolutely desperate to leave City, refused to play and then spent a while in the wilderness, yet when he returned to playing he was still one of the best performers on the pitch.
      You sell your best players, world class players and there is a chance you won't be able to replace them for a long time, just look at us and Suarez, we still haven't replaced him but I am confident had we kept him, even with him wanting to go, we would have been better off than what we have been.
      A player has a contract, he is happy to sign it at the time but just because some other team comes along they think they can just go by sulking? No, it doesn't work like that, especially when they sign for another 5 years just months before.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #330: Jul 27, 2017 03:42:56 pm

Could you not apply that to De Gea? Is Mourinho a bad manager for keeping him?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #331: Jul 27, 2017 04:49:04 pm
      Could you not apply that to De Gea? Is Mourinho a bad manager for keeping him?

If he came out publicly and said he wanted to leave then much as I wouldn't like it he'd have to go. However, I would say to him any chance of one more year then go with my blessing.  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #332: Jul 27, 2017 04:54:41 pm

And you are priceless
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 1094 
      Reply #333: Jul 27, 2017 05:04:31 pm

£150 mil and not a penny less. Use it for VVD, Keita and another play maker to minimize the gap u lose with Phillip. If we are willing to spend big money on Keita and VVD before Phillip leaving was an option than we better buy them and another BIG signing. But who am I kidding. I don't have any faith in FSG. They would F**k up a wet dream.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #334: Jul 27, 2017 05:10:16 pm
      Because if you want to compete then you have to keep your best players. We kept Suarez when he wanted to go and he went on to have a phenomenal season for us, Xabi was ready to go and we could have let him go quite easily but he stayed and had a phenomenal season. Sanchez has been unhappy at Arsenal all year but had his best season. Slightly different example; Tevez absolutely desperate to leave City, refused to play and then spent a while in the wilderness, yet when he returned to playing he was still one of the best performers on the pitch.
      You sell your best players, world class players and there is a chance you won't be able to replace them for a long time, just look at us and Suarez, we still haven't replaced him but I am confident had we kept him, even with him wanting to go, we would have been better off than what we have been.
      A player has a contract, he is happy to sign it at the time but just because some other team comes along they think they can just go by sulking? No, it doesn't work like that, especially when they sign for another 5 years just months before.

Only my opinion but I think a arrangement was made for Suarez to give you one more year then go. Had he stayed (( coz he wanted too )) you would of won the Premiership by now. There lies my debate.

We saw on 12/18months ago what happen at Chelsea when players lose their passions or playing, granted it was down to the manager but the principle is the same. This season will be harder than ever to win the league. If he goes your chances get severely dented with playing European football next year.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #335: Jul 27, 2017 05:41:16 pm
      Only my opinion but I think a arrangement was made for Suarez to give you one more year then go. Had he stayed (( coz he wanted too )) you would of won the Premiership by now. There lies my debate.

We saw on 12/18months ago what happen at Chelsea when players lose their passions or playing, granted it was down to the manager but the principle is the same. This season will be harder than ever to win the league. If he goes your chances get severely dented with playing European football next year.

Truth be told Keith your crew have more to worry about with bollocks in the manager's seat and the majority of the team past their better days, your keeper got you Europa football last term and you haven't made any earth-shattering signings this time around.

The word is there's more to come in the way of signings for us and I think you have got more to be concerned about, couldn't even make top 4 and got in through the back door, your lot should have more concerns about the CL than us.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #336: Jul 27, 2017 06:03:15 pm
      If he goes your chances get severely dented with playing European football next year.

Kinda prove my point there.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #337: Jul 27, 2017 06:14:33 pm
      FSG have to be airheads to sell Coutinho. He will make 130m soon on tshirt sales alone. He is going to be very popular all over the world. Barcelona want a player and money monopoly. I wonder how much more than Suarez transfer fee have they made from merchandise alone, nevermind what he won them. If FSG sell Coutinho, I feel a revolt coming.

Most Popular Away Shirts, 2016/17

10. Mamadou Sakho
      9. Nathaniel Clyne
      8. Jordan Henderson
      7. Divock Origi
      6. Adam Lallana
      5. Emre Can
      4. Daniel Sturridge
      3. Sadio Mane
      2. Roberto Firmino
      1. Philippe Coutinho
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #338: Jul 27, 2017 06:20:53 pm
      £150 mil and not a penny less. Use it for VVD, Keita and another play maker to minimize the gap u lose with Phillip. If we are willing to spend big money on Keita and VVD before Phillip leaving was an option than we better buy them and another BIG signing. But who am I kidding. I don't have any faith in FSG. They would f**k up a wet dream.

Good post. Keita & VVD will be good signings and take Liverpool to that next step providing they can hold on to Coutinho. Unfortunately knowing how FSG continue to work I can't see it happening.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #339: Jul 27, 2017 06:30:34 pm
      Truth be told Keith your crew have more to worry about with bollocks in the manager's seat and the majority of the team past their better days, your keeper got you Europa football last term and you haven't made any earth-shattering signings this time around.

The word is there's more to come in the way of signings for us and I think you have got more to be concerned about, couldn't even make top 4 and got in through the back door, your lot should have more concerns about the CL than us.

Really! Not often we differ in opinions that much but do on this one. I'm  happy with signings and hopefully two more to come if we're lucky.  One of the reasons we got CL football is very much like you say! We managed to keep hold of a WORLD CLASS keeper! See where I'm coming from., ;)

Coutinho is on the fridge of world class if not their already. Sell him and it's a massive step backwards In my opinion.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #340: Jul 27, 2017 06:41:41 pm
      hahah I think we should get as much money as we can from them for Coutinho. Given the prices being paid for players now, I think that 70 M + a great player is the minimum we need to ask.

Mate you need to stop smoking the dog sh*t, £70m + a cast off DOESN'T cut it for me, unless it was Suarez, look at the prices being spunked out for other players, Coutinho is world f***in class so demands world class pricing, £170m would be nearer the mark,

i'm sick of them kunts raping us for our best players, Mascherano, Suarez and now possibly Phill, by the cheapest means possible, well F**k that this time, if those cu*ts really want him they will pay the proper valuation and not take the f***in piss with their paltry £70m , we're being fu**ed off in the Naby Keita deal by RB Fuckstick, so same rule applies for us.

YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #341: Jul 27, 2017 06:48:04 pm

Mate you need to stop smoking the dog sh*t, £70m + a cast off DOESN'T cut it for me, unless it was Suarez, look at the prices being spunked out for other players, Coutinho is world f***in class so demands world class pricing, £170m would be nearer the mark,

i'm sick of them kunts raping us for our best players, Mascherano, Suarez and now possibly Phill, by the cheapest means possible, well f**k that this time, if those cu*ts really want him they will pay the proper valuation and not take the f***in piss with their paltry £70m , we're being fu**ed off in the Naby Keita deal by RB Fuckstick, so same rule applies for us.

YNWA
      Suarez just achieved Glory at a club that would have still achieved it without him. He will be remembered as a player not a hero. We are in CL, we should buy buying not selling, unless we are selling are cast offs to lesser teams.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #342: Jul 27, 2017 06:56:40 pm
      Coutinho is on the fridge of world class if not their already. Sell him and it's a massive step backwards In my opinion.

Like getting rid of Ibrahimovic and getting Lukaku!!
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #343: Jul 27, 2017 07:04:23 pm
      Coutinho on the fridge? His arse must be f***in freezing
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #344: Jul 27, 2017 07:11:41 pm
      Suarez
      Say that he was going, full-stop. Nothing we could do about it. Who out of Barca's current players would you take in part exchange?

Not saying at all I would be ok with him leaving, mind you. Just curious.

Quick Reply