Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 289340 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #345: Jul 27, 2017 07:16:32 pm
      Coutinho on the fridge? His arse must be f***in freezing

Hahaha touche!

Missed that originally in Keith's post :lmao:
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #346: Jul 27, 2017 07:24:06 pm
      FSG have to be airheads to sell Coutinho. He will make 130m soon on tshirt sales alone.

Whilst I agree with most of what you say - I just dont get this argument about shirt sales...

A Barca shirt costs in the region of £50 to purchase, each wholesaler will take say 30% and the manufacturing cost at say £5 (including shipping from where ever it is made). The manufacturer (Nike) will also want a cut - lets say for arguments sake 20% leaving Barca with about £24 per shirt sale.

To recoup the £130 Million they would have to sell 5.4 Million shirts - that's the entire population of Norway. Add on wages for a 5 year deal at say £200,000 per week and we are now looking at selling 7.5 Million shirts - thats a lot of shirts. Surley they dont sell that many shirts...   
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #347: Jul 27, 2017 07:28:34 pm
      Whilst I agree with most of what you say - I just dont get this argument about shirt sales...

A Barca shirt costs in the region of £50 to purchase, each wholesaler will take say 30% and the manufacturing cost at say £5 (including shipping from where ever it is made). The manufacturer (Nike) will also want a cut - lets say for arguments sake 20% leaving Barca with about £24 per shirt sale.

To recoup the £130 Million they would have to sell 5.4 Million shirts - that's the entire population of Norway. Add on wages for a 5 year deal at say £200,000 per week and we are now looking at selling 7.5 Million shirts - thats a lot of shirts. Surley they dont sell that many shirts...   

Norwegians don't like Barcelona .

YNWA
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #348: Jul 27, 2017 07:32:02 pm

YNWA

True...

Last year Barca sold 2 Million shirts - to make this viable they would have to triple shirt sales...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #349: Jul 27, 2017 07:45:36 pm

Are you related to rib ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #350: Jul 27, 2017 07:46:01 pm
      True...

Last year Barca sold 2 Million shirts - to make this viable they would have to triple shirt sales...

Shirt sales is a huge myth mate.

The sponsorship from the shirt company, Adidas, Nike etc will have agreed over the next 5,10 years or whatever X amount of sponsorship,  so most of the money from the shirt sales goes to the company and clubs receive only a small %.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #351: Jul 27, 2017 07:57:15 pm

Sell it in India and China ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Reply #352: Jul 27, 2017 08:14:18 pm

Getting worried about Moreno here, do you reckon he's just spotted Big Philly :lmao:
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #353: Jul 27, 2017 08:17:48 pm
      We almost   win the league  with Suarez  ,we sold him to Barca and we went steps backwards (Balotelli).Now  they are back again ,we have a good team  now we just need  add more good players to the team to make it more stronger  , we can not sell our best players.

They get Coutinho we get Suarez +30m

:( :(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      Reply #354: Jul 27, 2017 08:19:50 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      Reply #355: Jul 27, 2017 08:25:44 pm
      It seems Coutinho has suggested he is happy at Liverpool, & will not actively push for a move to Barcelona.
      ( David Maddock )

Klopp has spoken with Philippe Coutinho & has made clear the young star will play a central role for the Reds this season.
      ( David Maddock )
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #356: Jul 27, 2017 08:29:38 pm

He was working he arse off in the XI v. XI today.

We all know that someday if he progressed he'd head to Barca; I don't have issues with it...Player's don't make a career at one club in today's age.

He is not going this year.
      We need Keita (or the like) along with VVD to maintain and push on.
      When he leaves next Summer the money needs to go back into quality players and we push on more.

I have faith that this manager does not buy dross; he may not get it right all the time (no manager does) but...he know's exactly what needs to be done to turn this club back to it's winning way's during his tenure and after he leaves.

Players come and go...they always have and they always will.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      Reply #357: Jul 27, 2017 08:36:24 pm
      Phil Coutinho has not shown any signs of agitating for an exit. He has undertaken every training session in Germany
      https://t.co/AAXujbgPBi https://t.co/B5h0eI80cC
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #358: Jul 27, 2017 08:39:29 pm
      Id day were looking at a similar situation to Luis here. Reckon hell stay with the promise to go next season if we win nothing or miss out on champions league
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,144 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #359: Jul 27, 2017 08:39:33 pm
      Like getting rid of Ibrahimovic and getting Lukaku!!

Now you know that isn't strictly the case Red.  :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #360: Jul 27, 2017 08:51:44 pm

YNWA

No quite a few of them do or at least they used to but there's far more fans of Liverpool and Manure.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,356 posts | 8616 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #362: Jul 27, 2017 08:56:29 pm
      Liverpool maintain Philippe Coutinho is not for sale as Barcelona crank up the pressure

Melissa Reddy

27 Jul 2017 19:58:47

The Catalans have not submitted an improved bid for the Rio-born maestro, who has not given the Reds any cause for concern as he continues as normal

Liverpool insist Philippe Coutinho is not on the market as Barcelona attempt to intensify their pursuit of the Brazil international.

The Reds rejected a £72 million offer from the Spanish giants a week ago with the message that they would not sanction a sale at any price for the 25-year-old, who has not shown any signs of agitating for an exit.

Coutinho delivered a masterclass in the 2-1 victory over Leicester City in the final of the Premier League Asia Trophy in Hong Kong on Saturday, and has undertaken every training session since as the club continue their pre-season preparations in Rottach-Egern, Germany.

He has not acted any differently with his team-mates or the staff, producing a typically high level of output.

Barcelona, meanwhile, have not submitted an improved bid for Liverpool’s highest-paid player and reports from Spain suggesting the Merseysiders have named a fee for him - with contradictory amounts ranging from £89m to £134m - are inaccurate as no negotiations have taken place.

Jürgen Klopp has repeatedly stated the Rio-born maestro will not be departing Anfield this summer - a stance applied to all core members of the squad.

"If I say he is not for selling, he is not for selling," the German declared over the weekend.

"There is nothing else to say. It's a club decision, it's my decision. That's how it is."

The Reds boss held talks with Coutinho, who signed a new five-year deal in January without a release clause, following Liverpool’s rebuffing of Barca’s proposal and revealed afterwards: “I know he feels completely more than fine, comfortable - or whatever - in Liverpool.

"He loves the club, he loves the city and all that is clear.”

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2017/07/27/37374932/liverpool-maintain-philippe-coutinho-is-not-for-sale-as?ICID=HP_BN_1

DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #363: Jul 27, 2017 09:07:40 pm
      Melissa Reddy desperate for more attention again. Why run a story when there is no story?

What's the "crank up the pressure"? What pressure? What have they done? What has happened at all in this situation? Nothing.

Nothing to see here people. Close this one down...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #364: Jul 27, 2017 09:12:02 pm
      Melissa Reddy desperate for more attention again. Why run a story when there is no story?

What's the "crank up the pressure"? What pressure? What have they done? What has happened at all in this situation? Nothing.

Nothing to see here people. Close this one down...

I would say there is a story considering the melt-downs occurring on all the supporters LFC forums & groups.

She is basically reminding that there really is no-story.

As far as the headline editors choose them not the writers.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #365: Jul 27, 2017 09:12:57 pm
      Liverpool maintain Philippe Coutinho is not for sale as Barcelona crank up the pressure

Melissa Reddy

27 Jul 2017 19:58:47

The Catalans have not submitted an improved bid for the Rio-born maestro, who has not given the Reds any cause for concern as he continues as normal

Liverpool insist Philippe Coutinho is not on the market as Barcelona attempt to intensify their pursuit of the Brazil international.

The Reds rejected a £72 million offer from the Spanish giants a week ago with the message that they would not sanction a sale at any price for the 25-year-old, who has not shown any signs of agitating for an exit.

Coutinho delivered a masterclass in the 2-1 victory over Leicester City in the final of the Premier League Asia Trophy in Hong Kong on Saturday, and has undertaken every training session since as the club continue their pre-season preparations in Rottach-Egern, Germany.

He has not acted any differently with his team-mates or the staff, producing a typically high level of output.

Barcelona, meanwhile, have not submitted an improved bid for Liverpool’s highest-paid player and reports from Spain suggesting the Merseysiders have named a fee for him - with contradictory amounts ranging from £89m to £134m - are inaccurate as no negotiations have taken place.

Jürgen Klopp has repeatedly stated the Rio-born maestro will not be departing Anfield this summer - a stance applied to all core members of the squad.

"If I say he is not for selling, he is not for selling," the German declared over the weekend.

"There is nothing else to say. It's a club decision, it's my decision. That's how it is."

The Reds boss held talks with Coutinho, who signed a new five-year deal in January without a release clause, following Liverpool’s rebuffing of Barca’s proposal and revealed afterwards: “I know he feels completely more than fine, comfortable - or whatever - in Liverpool.

"He loves the club, he loves the city and all that is clear.”

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2017/07/27/37374932/liverpool-maintain-philippe-coutinho-is-not-for-sale-as?ICID=HP_BN_1

Jürgen forgot to add...So F**k you BARCA, he did under his breath tho,

D'ya know what, I'd love it if we put a bid in for Luis to come back home, test the waters so to speak, whilst Neymar is pondering whether to learn French why not yank up the pressure by inticing Suarez to work with Klopp, even if it's just to piss them off, the way they been disrespectful to us its high time they have a taste of their own medicine??

YNWA
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #366: Jul 27, 2017 09:18:27 pm

Jürgen forgot to add...So F**k you BARCA, he did under his breath tho,

D'ya know what, I'd love it if we put a bid in for Luis to come back home, test the waters so to speak, whilst Neymar is pondering whether to learn French why not yank up the pressure by inticing Suarez to work with Klopp, even if it's just to piss them off, the way they been disrespectful to us its high time they have a taste of their own medicine??

YNWA

Thought the exact same thing the other day Billy....would be brilliant.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #367: Jul 27, 2017 09:30:58 pm
      The majority, if not all of the reports linking the lad with a move to Barca are from Spanish sources initially and then the manc press were all over the rumour trying like F**k to give it some wheels.
      Our resident manc (no offence Keith) is trying hard to disguise his glee while telling us Coutinho is as good as gone, that in itself should tell you all you need to know about the media bullshit.

The manc media are regurgitating Spanish sh*te and some are swallowing it gladly.

Quick Reply