Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 291763 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2599: Aug 22, 2017 09:19:15 pm
      Eh up someone needs to have a word with that Kraut knobhead then!!

Sacchi's style was based on Bob Paisley's masterful Reds.

Was 'R' Rafa's too..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2600: Aug 22, 2017 09:23:41 pm
      Simple question..

When Couts scores a worldy will you be cheering ?

One thing I learned from Suarez, I certainly F***ing will be :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2601: Aug 22, 2017 09:28:06 pm
      Simple question..

When Couts scores a worldy will you be cheering ?

One thing I learned from Suarez, I certainly f**king will be :D
      People will be cheering still, but it will be different as cheering for the club only.
      Before: Get in! you wonderful wizard!
      Now: Get in! Kn****ad, but I like winning!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2602: Aug 22, 2017 09:32:17 pm
      People will be cheering still, but it will be different as cheering for the club only.

:lmao:

Fair play Riba, that's pretty spot on!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2603: Aug 22, 2017 10:09:44 pm

Kinnell Riba, I take it you'll be pulling his posters off your bedroom wall too..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2604: Aug 22, 2017 10:14:57 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2605: Aug 22, 2017 10:35:46 pm
      Shame players still get paid when they are injured or ill, maybe he wouldn't be so inclined to be blagging it if he wasn't being paid for not being available.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2606: Aug 22, 2017 10:40:00 pm
      Not selling our best player (so far - this time) sends out the message that we won't roll over for other clubs 

Exactly Rush  ...  and that was a head turning offer for any board to consider in totality ...... until you break the truth of it down to 16 m a year payable by them.
      I wonder what would have happened with a big fat PSG style in your face cheque.

However , it didn't happen and what Liverpool Football Club did was send a message throughout Europe.

We are not a selling club .

You bow down to us  !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2607: Aug 22, 2017 10:59:53 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41014149

What did I say ?

What the f**k did I say ?

Barca are now suing Neymar for 8 million euros even though they collected up front 222 million euros from PSG  a week ago.

Money grubbing  Catalans  .

Barcelona are suing former player Neymar for 8.5m euros (£7.8m) over his world record move to Paris St-Germain.

The Brazil international made the 222m euro (£200m) move to the French club in August after buying out his contract.

Barcelona now want him to return a renewal bonus he was paid when he signed a new five-year deal just nine months before forcing through the move.

"The club demands the player return the already paid sum as he has not completed his contract," it said.

As well as the 8.5m euro bonus, the club wants "an additional 10% because of delayed payment".

The statement continued: "The club also requests Paris St-Germain take on responsibility for the payment of these fees if the player cannot do so himself."

Paris St-Germain later responded to say they were "surprised" by Barcelona's statement, adding: "The club repeats that, along with Neymar Jr, it strictly respected all applicable laws and rules and can only regret, once again, the attitude of FC Barcelona."

The lawsuit was submitted on 11 August to the Labour Tribunal in Barcelona.

Following the transfer, Barcelona announced the club was withholding a further 26m euro (£23m) loyalty bonus from the player.

Neymar criticised the directors of the club on Sunday after scoring twice on his home debut for PSG in a 6-2 win over Toulouse.

"I spent four beautiful years there and parted happy," said the 25-year-old. "But with [the board], no.

"For me, they are not the people who should be there, for the direction of Barca. Barca deserve much better."

Analysis

Spanish football journalist Eduardo Alvarez speaking to BBC World Service

I am surprised about this news because this Barcelona board has some history in this type of action.

They sued former President Juan Laporta (seeking to hold him personally responsible for alleged losses during his mandate) and they lost that case.

It was terrible in terms of reputation for the club.

Laporta was exonerated.

Now, to be suing a former player sounds extremely harsh even if you don't agree with the way he left.

Barcelona mentioned in their statement that they sent this case to the Spanish authorities on 11 August so maybe Neymar's words on Sunday after his PSG home debut were a reaction this news?

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017 11:17:26 pm by MIRO »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2608: Aug 23, 2017 12:09:34 am
      Just seen a notification on my sports app on the ol iPhone that Barca are gonna bid 138m - anyone got any corroboration for that?

F***ing staggering amount. Weird that I'm only half gobsmacked by it, such is the way transfers have gone nuts the last couple seasons I guess.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2609: Aug 23, 2017 12:15:38 am
      Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  4m4 minutes ago
      More
       Barcelona are set to make a new £138m bid for Philippe Coutinho, who is more determined than ever to leave the club, according to @SkySports

This has to be the most bizarre transfer of all time. Earlier today he's back tracking, blaming Barca, now he's more determined than ever to leave.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2610: Aug 23, 2017 12:17:48 am
      More
       Barcelona are set to make a new £138m bid for Philippe Coutinho, who is more determined than ever to leave the club, according to @SkySports

This has to be the most bizarre transfer of all time. Earlier today he's back tracking, blaming Barca, now he's more determined than ever to leave.

Goes to show you nobody knows what is going on...least of all Barca and Phil.

Again such a big club....can't seem to get deals done...what we must be contagious.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2611: Aug 23, 2017 12:20:11 am
      The last report I saw from a Spanish newspaper was that they're planning to meet Liverpool representatives next Friday in Monaco, since both will be there for the UCL draw.

Not sure where the information that Sky is reporting comes from, as it hasn't been reported (yet) by the Spanish media (haven't seen it reported in any Latin American papers either).

They say he is more determined than ever to move, but actually how more determined can he be? Hasn't been playing for two weeks, handed a transfer request, filtering sh*t to the press (he or his agent), faking and injury...

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2612: Aug 23, 2017 12:24:02 am
      Goes to show you nobody knows what is going on...least of all Barca and Phil.

Again such a big club....can't seem to get deals done...what we must be contagious.

Just file it with the rest of the bids...

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #2613: Aug 23, 2017 12:25:56 am
      OK,this is getting on to my nerves now.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2614: Aug 23, 2017 12:35:35 am
      bbc transfer gossip has that down as a sun story.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2615: Aug 23, 2017 12:35:52 am
      Just file it with the rest of the bids...

Honestly I think if you asked Klopp if he could have VVD, Keita and say a Draxler and all three were happy to be at LFC he would toss Phil out the door.

All that being said he is a pragmatist and knows Keita is not going to get done..so better the devil you know than in this case nothing at all.

Really think the gaffer hates transfers and would rather just be out on the training pitch with a bunch of guys that want to work hard and learn.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2616: Aug 23, 2017 12:40:46 am
      More

On the eve of our match again they decide to release this, of course it's not coincidence. Horrible fuckers, basically it's the same as the last bid (in terms of addons) but £20m more up front. After hearing how Jürgen would definitely welcome Phil back I hope we tell Barca to take a long walk off a short pier, preferably wearing the latest in designer concrete boots.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #2617: Aug 23, 2017 12:41:10 am
      £101M fee over 3 years plus £37M based on CL appearances.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2618: Aug 23, 2017 12:42:11 am
      On the eve of our match again they decide to release this, of course it's not coincidence. Horrible fuckers, basically it's the same as the last bid (in terms of addons) but £20m more up front. After hearing how Jürgen would definitely welcome Phil back I hope we tell Barca to take a long walk off a short pier, preferably wearing the latest in designer concrete boots.

I am still trying to figure out how you give an ultimatum that expired on Monday and then ready a new and improved bid on Tuesday?

Desperate bas**rds these fellas are.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2619: Aug 23, 2017 12:47:05 am
      I am still trying to figure out how you give an ultimatum that expired on Monday and then ready a new and improved bid on Tuesday?

Desperate bas**rds these fellas are.

I agree 100% and they're stinking of it. If this had been the start of the window, with enough time to spend the money wisely I might consider trying to fleece them for every penny of the Neymar fee. This late though, unless we could get Keita/VvD and Draxler or someone of that ilk then FSG would be looking at riots if he was sold without replacement.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2620: Aug 23, 2017 12:49:23 am
      Reading that the add on is 9 million each time Barca qualify for CL over next 4 seasons. 137m would be pretty much guaranteed. Had we signed Kieta and VVD, I would be taking it. It's useless now because we'd end up paying 120m for Lanzini since people would know we had funds if we sold Coutinho. Echo, Telegraph and Guardian not mentioned it so I am still doubting it is legitimate.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017 12:56:08 am by Ribapuru »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2621: Aug 23, 2017 01:12:22 am
      Get bent Catalan bas**rds.

Quick Reply