Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 291781 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #2645: Aug 23, 2017 11:24:42 am
      They make us look professional :lmao:
      Don't push it...
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #2646: Aug 23, 2017 11:29:42 am
      Maybe we should 'test' Barca's resolve by meeting Messi's release clause!  We wouldn't have to necessarily buy him, just make the necessary noise and by the time they have realised it's all a bluff, window closes and it's done to them what they have attempted with us.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #2647: Aug 23, 2017 11:38:54 am
      I wouldn't believe a word of Balague his credibility these days is on par with Twitter ITK's.

We have reports yesterday of Coutinho wanting to make up with Klopp and claiming it was Barca forcing him into making the request and today Barca through they're PR machine try the usual destabiling tactics.
      Horrible club hope we meet them in the CL and give them a right stuffing.

I know thats why i said 'if true'

Agree on Cl as well ... if we get through id love to draw them
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2648: Aug 23, 2017 11:42:12 am
      Maybe we should 'test' Barca's resolve by meeting Messi's release clause!  We wouldn't have to necessarily buy him, just make the necessary noise and by the time they have realised it's all a bluff, window closes and it's done to them what they have attempted with us.

Once you meet a buyout clause the selling club have no say. They can offer the player a better contract but they can't refuse to sell.

Messi buyout is £275 million
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #2649: Aug 23, 2017 11:44:04 am
      Little pr**k Coutinho is.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2650: Aug 23, 2017 11:53:27 am
      Once you meet a buyout clause the selling club have no say. They can offer the player a better contract but they can't refuse to sell.

Messi buyout is £275 million

Fine, demand 200 mil for Coutinho and meet Messi's...I'm sure we can conjure up 75m for Messi as replacement for Couts.

See how that goes down with Barca  ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2651: Aug 23, 2017 11:57:59 am
      Sounds familiar doesn't it? Like issuing a statement that a club has ended all interest in a player and then wait for the selling club to give the go ahead to buy a certain player. ;)

Very droll, but to compare us to Barca in terms of how both clubs have handled this transfer window is a bit silly. Yes we screwed up with VVD but other than that we landed Salah, got Robertson and did a snatch and grab with Solanke. We were frustrated with Keita but we tried all we could to land him, but sometimes you just don't get your target, just ask Chelsea with Lukaku!

BTW i still think we'll get VVD or Howels and haven't entirely given up hope on Keita/Draxler either.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2652: Aug 23, 2017 12:13:21 pm
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #2653: Aug 23, 2017 12:16:17 pm
      At has happened to Barca? Like a wasp stuck inside just stinging the white out of whatever it can
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2654: Aug 23, 2017 12:21:03 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2655: Aug 23, 2017 12:24:40 pm

I don't know mouse....he didn't look all that good yesterday. A bit of a passenger if I'm being honest.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2656: Aug 23, 2017 12:32:33 pm
      What happened with Seri is really weird, apparently he was supposed to fly to Barcelona today as both clubs had agreed on a fee.

Now, after two games, Barcelona lost all interest, don't get it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2657: Aug 23, 2017 01:23:06 pm
      Maybe Coutinho is trying to make Liverpool lose because he thinks it will force us to sell him.

Us losing a game won't force us to sell anybody though and I don't see how news of a new bid (for a player we've flat out refused to sell) would upset the rest of the squad so much as to cause them to lose focus during the game.

If it was me I wouldn't give two shits. It's not the players' responsibility to worry about what is going on with somebody that is currently away from the rest of the team.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #2658: Aug 23, 2017 01:23:11 pm
      It's ok barca offering silly money but from what i understand there was only £16mil being paid up front from the £113mill offer

Really!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2659: Aug 23, 2017 01:28:37 pm
      What happened with Seri is really weird, apparently he was supposed to fly to Barcelona today as both clubs had agreed on a fee.

My guess is that Coutinho's agent is working both sides because he wants a big payday. He's pushing Phil to kick up a fuss and at the same time when Barca seem to have given up, he's then trying to keep them interested, telling them that a deal is close if they just up their bid. 

To be honest, if it weren't impossible to spend the money we would get, I'd sell him. He's betrayed loyalty and trust of not just his manager but the club and the  supporters. He's gone about this the absolute wrong way. I'm honestly curious as to how his remaining time here will go. If he scores, will he celebrate in front of the Kop and act like nothing was ever wrong? Will his heart really be in it? Will it affect his play?  I mean the knock on Phil has always been his inconsistency, but we put  up with that because when he's good, he's great. Will people be so willing to forgive the poor play now when it happens?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2660: Aug 23, 2017 01:30:21 pm
      Hasn't Couts just come out and said it was Barca's fault, telling him to say this and that, and that he never said he'd never play for us again?

Surely Barca don't expect him to do a U turn on that?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2661: Aug 23, 2017 01:36:21 pm
      Hasn't Couts just come out and said it was Barca's fault, telling him to say this and that, and that he never said he'd never play for us again?

Surely Barca don't expect him to do a U turn on that?

It's suggested that this is nothing more than a political bid. One to apease player and their fans alike by saying "we tried everything we could to sign the player" whilst knowing full well they will never sign him; Wait, did FSG buy Barcelona as well?
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #2662: Aug 23, 2017 01:46:56 pm
      used to love Barcelona, but they act like a bunch of criminals now, absolutley no class whatsoever. F**k them, least we have the nerve to apologise to Southampton.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2663: Aug 23, 2017 01:48:15 pm
      It's suggested that this is nothing more than a political bid. One to apease player and their fans alike by saying "we tried everything we could to sign the player" whilst knowing full well they will never sign him; Wait, did FSG buy Barcelona as well?

:lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2664: Aug 23, 2017 03:13:02 pm
      Can't we sue the Kunts for continually harassing our player, they have been told categorically Phillpe Coutinho is NOT FOR SALE, 3 F***ing times, yet they have issued a 'Ultimatum and AGAIN been told that Phillpe Coutinho is NOT FOR SALE, But ......
      They still offer a 4th bid ......Dont they understand that NO means NO.....

If it were rape they'd be going down for 30 years!

F**k OFF BARCA  SHITHOUSE CLUB !!!!

YNWA
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #2665: Aug 23, 2017 03:44:45 pm
      Proof that spaniards are really bad at english, you tell them to F*** Off 3 times and they still don't understand!
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #2666: Aug 23, 2017 04:14:02 pm
      We would end up appearing with the same sense of desperation were we to sell him at this point.

I certainly don't disagree with that. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2667: Aug 23, 2017 05:09:14 pm

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/900387495531212800

Quick Reply