Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (6.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (1.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      17 (16.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      57 (55.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      10 (9.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      6 (5.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Sep 27, 2017 07:32:08 pm

Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32450 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Re: Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Sep 23, 2017 09:12:33 pm
      Mig is what he is...a shot stopper. He make great acrobatic saves almost week in week out..

If only this was true.. Oh how I wish this is true.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #507: Sep 23, 2017 09:19:31 pm
      Sorry to just stop the quote there mate but I'd plus that part many more times if I could, absolutely bang on and it's screaming out of some people's posts and it's sad. Exactly why this result so much more because there's just waiting for the man to fail and today was a big f**k you sign to those same people. Well said!

It can't be stressed enough.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #508: Sep 23, 2017 09:20:37 pm
      What a game, ref was awful today so inconsistent
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #509: Sep 23, 2017 09:22:19 pm
      Mig...great one minute..crap the next.....6

Gomez...jumped in to often, didn't look sound...5
      Lovren..another unconvincing game, as well as not commanding in the air his poor passing led us into no mans land and losing possession...5
      Matip....not to bad but didn't handle Vardy and gave him something to feed off...6
      Moreno..Good first half, good support but not that sound under pressure, needs help...6

Can..Not at his best, no great attacking support and his high octane games wasn't there today..5
      Winnie...Again another underwhelming game, has to step up to hold on to his place...5
      Hendo...Again his critics will have plenty of Ammo, not influential enough...6

Coutinho...A big threat esp in the first half, quality strike for the goal...8
      Firmino....Flatters to deceive, needs to get into the box quicker, little interplays in and around the box are not enough...5
      Salah....Gets the ball often enough but needs to do better in these dangerous positions but great header...7

Sturridge was the stand out sub...looked sharpe....7

Klopp....Needs to get a grip of the defense and also make a decision over Robbo. But not been that impressive of late..6
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #510: Sep 23, 2017 09:24:40 pm
      The first goal should not have stood it changed the dimensions of the game.  It was apt for Can to get away with the hand ball.   Because before that foul on mignolet we were in control and Leicester were finished.   Great save from Mignolet to deny the penalty. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #511: Sep 23, 2017 09:25:56 pm
      Anyone feel like they’d rather us give up a penalty than a corner? We seem to defend penalties better ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #512: Sep 23, 2017 09:29:23 pm
      Silver lining.

Migs may well be dropped for good now. If so I'm cracking the champers.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #513: Sep 23, 2017 09:29:43 pm

Lovren..another unconvincing game, as well as not commanding in the air his poor passing led us into no mans land and losing possession...5
      Matip....not to bad but didn't handle Vardy and gave him something to feed off...6
      Moreno..Good first half, good support but not that sound under pressure, needs help...6

Can..Not at his best, no great attacking support and his high octane games wasn't there today..5
      Winnie...Again another underwhelming game, has to step up to hold on to his place...5

Firmino....Flatters to deceive, needs to get into the box quicker, little interplays in and around the box are not enough...5
      Salah....Gets the ball often enough but needs to do better in these dangerous positions but great header...7

Klopp....Needs to get a grip of the defense and also make a decision over Robbo. But not been that impressive of late..6

Hendo the same rating as Mignolet?

F***ing hell, how many spliffs are circulating the forum and what the hell is in them besides cannabis?
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #514: Sep 23, 2017 09:33:28 pm
      Anyone feel like they’d rather us give up a penalty than a corner? We seem to defend penalties better ;)

Bit lucky with the Can hand ball...deffo armed it away. But Ref had a poor game, don't go with the cheat thing, he just didn't have a good game.

We just defend high balls so poorly, Klopp has to do something, we will win bugger all if we carry on defending like that. 3-1 up and we switch off. All teams have to do is up the tempo, knock it long or with a bit of pace down the wings and we fumble about...and it doesn't have to be a top team.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #515: Sep 23, 2017 09:33:47 pm
      Inless the rules have changed, subs are part of the 90 mins, not additional, unless of course the ref sees them as deliberate time wasting. So why the f**k would time be added ?

It's 30 seconds a sub and 30 seconds a goal.  I'm not sure whether it's an official rule or just a rule of thumb but that is where added time comes from.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #516: Sep 23, 2017 09:33:56 pm

Your opinion should not be taken seriously ever again.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #517: Sep 23, 2017 09:34:47 pm
      My ratings:

Migs: At times calamitous, but did make a couple of good saves. My hunch is he spends a lot of time studying the penalties because not for the first time he looked as if he had a good read on where it was going. That was a good save, but the piece of play where he actually gave the penalty away was laughable. 5/10

Gomez: Looked like exactly what he is, a young fella learning his trade. Fortunately wasn't overly tested and did OK, but how he'd cope with marking someone who was a bit tasty I'd dread to think. 6/10

Matip: Was very good save for a wonky spell in the middle of the second half. I wouldn't blame him for the free kick which led to the goal as I thought Vardy bought it. Did though lose him for his goal, and before that got caught out of position a couple lf times. I can't decide with Matip whether or not he's becoming nervous because of the sh!t show he's surrounded by, or if he's culpable himself. Certainly nowhere near so good as many on here rate him IMHO, but definitely our most reliable centre back regardless. Like I say apart form that wonky spell, did well. 7/10

Lovren: Unusual for him today in that he defended pretty well but just seemed to go to pieces with the ball at his feet. I know he'll get the blame on here for all our woes, but one of his better games today. 6.5/10

Moreno: Putting aside the fact that he annoys me intensely with his diving and screaming every time anyone goes near him, did fairly well. 6/10

Henderson: A fine game form the captain capped off with a well taken goal. Looked to me to be providing leadership too, out of those who played the full game he was MOM. 8/10.

Can: A bit in and out, his best moment obviously the shot. I can't understand why he doesn't shoot more realy, he has a good dig on him and good technique. One or two moments of silliness though defensively. 6.5/10

Wijnaldum: A bit quiet. I know he does a lot of "unseen" work, but often it doesn't amount to much. That was the case today. 5.5/10

Salah: Looks like we've picked up a bit of a player here. Yes his feet work quicker than his brain sometimes but he still makes things happen and is scoring very heavily for a wide player. A very good TC buy, and that's coming from me who would disband the f****** thing tomorrow if I had my way. 7.5/10

Firmino: Another Dr Griffin performance I'm afraid, on days like today we are carrying him. 5/10

Coutinho: Showed why Barcelona want him and lit up the game until he tired. Obviously the best player on the park, we will lose him but I for one will savour him while he wears a red shirt. 9/10

Subs.

Sturridge: Pure class when he came on, had more of an impact in 20 minutes than the guy he replaced had in the previous 70. 8/10.

Milner: A sensible solution to the problem of us getting overrun. Got on with it and did well. 7/10.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #518: Sep 23, 2017 09:38:14 pm
      Anyone feel like they’d rather us give up a penalty than a corner? We seem to defend penalties better

Ha. 

I'm sure our stats facing corners are possibly slightly better than facing corners but I get your point. 

Although we weren't particularly wonderful at defending the initial cross from the corner I did notice (because I was paying attention to it) that we did seem to be better at winning the second ball which Klopp had mentioned in the week.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #519: Sep 23, 2017 09:38:36 pm
      Mightily pleased to see that corrupt, twisted inbred c**t miss that penalty. He is the biggest c**t in Britain with absolutely no redeeming qualities as a human being - quite an achievement so I'll give him that.

Drawing 3-3 with that c**t scoring two would gave been mortifying enough without  having to deal with Mignolet and other wrecking balls this squad has.

Well Mig SAVED the penalty...which is worth 2 points...I would of given him a 4 but a pen save is worth 2 points...everybody knows that....wot r u smoking sunshine..
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #520: Sep 23, 2017 09:38:49 pm
      i have a question for u guys.

who do u think was at fault for Vardy's goal?

Was it:
      1. Gomez for not tackling the winger who crossed?
      2. Salah for not helping Gomez defend, causing hendo to come across in a last ditch effort?
      3. Moreno for not covering Gray quick enough
      4. Lovern for not marking the striker, causing Matip to move out of position?
      5. Matip for leaving Vardy open?
      6. Gini for not defending at all?
      7. All of the above
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #521: Sep 23, 2017 09:40:13 pm
      Your opinion should not be taken seriously ever again.

Its just that you are not used to someone who reads the game as well as me...I'll give you the benefit...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #522: Sep 23, 2017 09:42:24 pm
      i have a question for u guys.

who do u think was at fault for Vardy's goal?

Was it:
      1. Gomez for not tackling the winger who crossed?
      2. Salah for not helping Gomez defend, causing hendo to come across in a last ditch effort?
      3. Moreno for not covering Gray quick enough
      4. Lovern for not marking the striker, causing Matip to move out of position?
      5. Matip for leaving Vardy open?
      6. Gini for not defending at all?
      7. All of the above

It's always an "all of the above" mate for me. Matip though did lose Vardy which I was a bit disappointed with.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #523: Sep 23, 2017 09:45:21 pm

Where's the picture of him going for the ball he should have smothered with his feet?
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Re: Live: Leicester City v Liverpool
      Reply #524: Sep 23, 2017 09:46:24 pm
      Not seen the game, but hearing Sturridge was fantastic when he got on.

Reminds me of some guy who suggested that he should be playing. Funny that.  :f_tongueincheek:

Sturridge on the bench again. Ridiculous.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #525: Sep 23, 2017 09:46:41 pm
      Migs awfull today wonder how good Ward is
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #526: Sep 23, 2017 09:47:04 pm

That explains a lot of your opinions then.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #527: Sep 23, 2017 09:48:13 pm
      Thought Sturridge looked very sharp today
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #528: Sep 23, 2017 09:49:02 pm
      Silver lining.

Migs may well be dropped for good now. If so I'm cracking the champers.
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Funny man you mate! More like a contract extension

Quick Reply