Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sevilla?

Loris Karius
      14 (16.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (5.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (9.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      47 (54.7%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Nov 25, 2017 09:43:11 pm

Sevilla 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 36609 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Re: Sevilla 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Nov 21, 2017 11:05:15 pm
      Aswell as Moreno and Henderson I think Gini is getting off lightly. Thought he was none existent, too. Him and Hendo should not happen.

I’m a fan of Wijnaldum but he was poor tonight too. Doesn’t help having a totally inept captain to play alongside you though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #576: Nov 21, 2017 11:07:02 pm
      I’m a fan of Wijnaldum but he was poor tonight too. Doesn’t help having a totally inept captain to play alongside you though.

I like him, but at times I don't think he's strong enough. He's good on the ball, but when we have to battle in midfield, that's when he goes missing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #577: Nov 21, 2017 11:08:43 pm
      Understandable mate.

To me Henderson is the midfield equivalent to Mignolet. Looks at his best when he has nothing to do, when the chips are down and you need something special they manage to go in completely the opposite direction.

Has the odd 'moment' where their fans come out and pretend like they're like that consistently but the sooner we're shut of the both of them the better for our club.

It's the sad truth. I despair because I did support Henderson big time. For years and seasons I encouraged him and after a bad start to last season I was delighted with the way he performed in an excellent run of form that lasted until Christmas. But since then he's been average at best and as shown tonight utterly tragic at worst.

Over six years on from signing him there has to come a point where we realise that he ain't ever going to be an integral part of our team. He's had good moments in those 6 years but not consistently enough to justify his role at the club. He does not seem to have the intelligence nor the technical ability to do much and he, along with the likes of Mignolet as you point out, is the soft underbelly of this side.

He is so badly lacking in instinct that he slows the game down. When he receives the ball, it as if it's taken him by surprise - like someone has lobbed a grenade at his feet. The viewer can easily see his thinking process off the field, I can't imagine how much more obvious it looks to the players on the field. Off the ball he's all over the place. The number of passes that just go straight past him with no ability to clear up or stick a foot in is unreal. He is constantly stuck in the middle of nowhere between two players who dance around him.  He spins around like a confused parent trying to control his kids at the playground. He gets caught by the sudden change in direction with one leg seemingly always stretched back for anchorage as if he's trying to find his balance in a force 10 gale on a trawler in the north sea.  He can't tackle, he just runs into them and knocks them over like a badly tuned, spatially unaware robot. He certainly can't dictate the game but that wouldn't be such a crime if he had the ability to pass. Which as we saw tonight he can't.

His response to the media tonight?  'I'm not sure I can explain that'

Can't say I'm too surprised at that response.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #578: Nov 21, 2017 11:11:18 pm
      The only decent thing Henderson did tonight was that boss through ball to Firmino that led to the corner for the 2nd goal.

Apart from that he was anonymous.  Only looked like we got a bit of a grip of that second half when Emre Can came on in the middle.

First half, apart from losing the ball that led to one of their good chances, he was quite solid. Made plenty of blocks and interceptions, and his press was positive as well. Second half.... Vanished. couldn't get into the game, or a foot on the ball. No leadership qualities to raise the players around him, or organise a strategy to stop their continued marauding.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #579: Nov 21, 2017 11:16:10 pm
      Surely no other team in the world are better than Liverpool at throwing away games like that. You could feel it straight away from moment the second half whistle blew.

We’re never comfortable even at 3-0. Never seen anything like it.

Yeah I was watch the game thinking we need to be 4-0 up at half time... never felt that we would hold on at 3-0 against Sevilla... Game had that fell to it
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #580: Nov 21, 2017 11:16:36 pm
      So many bottlers in that side.

So much being said that has already been said many times in the past few seasons.

So much hard work by Alberto undone in one night. As much as I love the guy, he was a mess. He'll be the scapegoat for the rest of the bottlejobs like Henderson, Coutinho, Mané and Wijnaldum who went missing.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #581: Nov 21, 2017 11:22:47 pm
      Understandable mate.

To me Henderson is the midfield equivalent to Mignolet.
      That is Golden, and so very true ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #582: Nov 21, 2017 11:27:19 pm
      Didn't see the game tonight but reading through the match report and stats it looks like Moreno and Henderson have had an absolute nightmare. Hendo with something like 55% pass conpletion according to my mate and Moreno at fault for 2 goals.

How was Karius looking?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #583: Nov 21, 2017 11:30:46 pm
      Didn't see the game tonight but reading through the match report and stats it looks like Moreno and Henderson have had an absolute nightmare. Hendo with something like 55% pass conpletion according to my mate and Moreno at fault for 2 goals.

How was Karius looking?

Your fav player Henderson probably had the worst game of his Liverpool career, maybe his whole career.

And no one is surprised.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #584: Nov 21, 2017 11:37:28 pm
      Just  trying to recap on that second half, and pick a motm. I just can't see anyone who had anything like an accomplished performance. Have to go with the first half performance of Bob. and at least he kept running second half.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #585: Nov 21, 2017 11:38:18 pm
      Your fav player Henderson probably had the worst game of his Liverpool career, maybe his whole career.

And no one is surprised.

Yea looked like he had a shocker, not seen it for myself like I said though so can't comment until I have.

Like I've always said, I'm a stats guy and this looks like Hendo has had a shocker, and this time there is some proof so it's not like I'm irrational and will argue he's been great if I can see he's not.

Hey, these things happen. He'll have another great game next week and no one will notice.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #586: Nov 21, 2017 11:39:42 pm

How was Karius looking?

Karius wasn't at fault for any of the goals. If we had won that we'd have been talking about Karius's sensational save at 1-0. Aside from that save he punched and caught well AND he could kick OVER the half way line (imagine that!). Felt sorry for him as I have for most of this season seeing as he has to watch that Belgian clown f**king about for the majority of matches this year.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #587: Nov 21, 2017 11:40:45 pm
      Yea looked like he had a shocker, not seen it for myself like I said though so can't comment until I have.

Like I've always said, I'm a stats guy and this looks like Hendo has had a shocker, and this time there is some proof so it's not like I'm irrational and will argue he's been great if I can see he's not.

Hey, these things happen. He'll have another great game next week and no one will notice.

Needs to be benched for Chelsea. Can’t be trusted after that.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #588: Nov 21, 2017 11:41:51 pm
      Karius wasn't at fault for any of the goals. If we had won that we'd have been talking about Karius's sensational save at 1-0. Aside from that save he punched and caught well AND he could kick OVER the half way line (imagine that!). Felt sorry for him as I have for most of this season seeing as he has to watch that Belgian clown f**king about for the majority of matches this year.

Do you think anytime Migs let in 3 he's been at fault for 0 of them? I'm pretty sure he'd be to blame for one of them each and every time
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #589: Nov 21, 2017 11:44:28 pm
      Needs to be benched for Chelsea. Can’t be trusted after that.

Something tells me Jürgen doesn't base his entire spectrum of trust over one game. Call me crazy if you will.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #590: Nov 21, 2017 11:47:02 pm
      Do you think anytime Migs let in 3 he's been at fault for 0 of them? I'm pretty sure he'd be to blame for one of them each and every time

Well the thing is - Mignolet would never have made that save at 1-0 (he'd be reacting to the shot just about now I reckon) so they'd have got right back into the game in the first half and could have used that as a basis to win the whole match. It would have been a very different game from that point onwards. But I suppose if we were being picky then he could have done better on the penalty (taken twice). Some might say they were too easy on both occasions but of course, it should never have got to that state in the first place if Moreno had his head screwed on.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #591: Nov 21, 2017 11:49:21 pm
      Ever Banega cost 9m Euros from Inter.

F***ing madness that.

Still seething over that!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #592: Nov 21, 2017 11:51:15 pm

Honestly mate, just turn it in.

You're just arguing for arguments sake now.

Tonight, he proved once again he's garbage and he has no bottle.

I can't believe people say he's a scapegoat and there is some kind of witch hunt regarding him, how many times does he have to play like dog sh*t for people to finally accept he isn't good enough at this level?

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #593: Nov 21, 2017 11:52:08 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #594: Nov 21, 2017 11:54:13 pm

I'm fairly sure we didn't pin the 5 v Man City squarely on him so yeah.  A couple of the 4 v Spurs were his fault.

No - Karius did alright in my book tonight - no complaints with his performance.  On the basis of last night's game I'd rather have our keeper than theirs and I don't often feel that way!

Anyway, if it had been the knockouts we'd have dumped Sevilla out so there is that! ;)

Hope Maribor batter them 🙏
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #595: Nov 21, 2017 11:55:27 pm
      Something tells me Jürgen doesn't base his entire spectrum of trust over one game. Call me crazy if you will.

He doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, doesn’t tackle, doesn’t head, rarely passes forward, rarely creates chances.

What exactly does he do that makes you love him so much? Surely a captain has to inspire his team mates?

He’s the biggest wet blanket in the 11, and he’s the captain. There is something seriously wrong with that.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #596: Nov 21, 2017 11:58:00 pm
      Take a look at the 3rd goad conceded. When the fecking captain standing around the box nothing much to do defending a last minute corner, one would expect him to mark the nearest opposition player but no he fecking strolled and only put in a block in the last minute but it was already too late. Hendo is going to cost you big time klopp
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #597: Nov 22, 2017 12:00:02 am
      He doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, doesn’t tackle, doesn’t head, rarely passes forward, rarely creates chances.

What exactly does he do that makes you love him so much? Surely a captain has to inspire his team mates?

He’s the biggest wet blanket in the 11, and he’s the captain. There is something seriously wrong with that.

He has half decent stats apparently. He runs about and can pass a ball five yards reasonably well.

Quick Reply