Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      33 (39.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Ox Chamberlain
      5 (6%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (41%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (1.2%)
      Bobby Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2017 04:33:41 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate

Read 31578 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Everton
      Reply #506: Dec 10, 2017 04:15:13 pm
      So does that mean the rotation has to be blamed? The players coming in did well, managed to score against both teams and were ahead going into the final 10 minutes.

One fluke goal and one penalty that wasn't one cost us. Not rotation.

No rotation isn't fully to blame but there's a time and a place to do it and Klopp has picked two of the biggest games of our season to do it in and we fu**ed up both times. Play our normal attack today and we go into the last 20 minutes with a bigger lead than one goal. Instead, we played Solanke for 83 minutes who ended up showing that he's nowhere near ready to start big games for us because he was useless throughout.

Why, when we have big strikers do they have a habit of basically marking themselves instead of finding space in the box?

We scored all of one goal past this dog sh*t Everton team, amazing :roll:

If the team selection wasn't bad enough, we could then go on about the subs. They were atrocious as they are regularly with Klopp.

Our best attacker in the game, Salah, brought off with half an hour to go. WTF!
      Solanke kept on for 83 minutes before being taken off for Ings, double WTF!
      Leaving the Coutinho sub until so late in the game, WTF!

I could go on...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #507: Dec 10, 2017 04:15:40 pm
      People blaming Dejan are being ridiculous. He had a great game.

He gave away a penalty!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #508: Dec 10, 2017 04:15:50 pm
      2 players cost us that game. Mane and Lovren.

And Klopp because a full team absolutsly demolishes them and the Mane thing just becomes a small talking point.

We brought Everton in to contention with the lineup.

Solankie I'm afraid needs game time at a lower level rather than warming the full team bench. The lad doesn't move.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #509: Dec 10, 2017 04:16:09 pm
      People blaming Dejan are being ridiculous. He had a great game.

for 80% of the match he had nothing to do.

he is a pathetic player.

he then tries to redeem his mistake by running like a headless chicken and messing up simple balls
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,754 posts | 883 
      Reply #510: Dec 10, 2017 04:16:14 pm
      I've gotten tired of Dejan Lovren and Simon Miglolet. If I had my way, I'd sack them. You back them time and again, time and again they'll let you down.

:f_wah:

What did Mignolet do wrong?
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #511: Dec 10, 2017 04:16:56 pm
      Of all the teams Dejan Lovren has to give it to Everton. Give it to Maribor for all I care.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #512: Dec 10, 2017 04:17:30 pm
      Above everything else I was shocked how AOC and Salah got tugged while Solanke stayed on. Offered nothing, won nothing.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #513: Dec 10, 2017 04:17:31 pm
      How exactly? Had we held out it would have been praise for the line up, yet Mane becomes greedy, costs us going 2-0 right before half time and then Lovren gives away a penalty and it's all Klopps fault? Sorry, didn't realise Klopp was in control of Mane and Lovren.

Klopp shouldn't have took Salah off but Mane could have killed that game in the first half or we could have seen it out if Lovren hadn't first missed a header and then raised his hands on Lewin

Well said, to many people on here thought it was going to be a walk in the park.
      Lovren needs benching at a minimum , we need a decent central defender, and Mane needs to learn not to be so selfish FFS.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #514: Dec 10, 2017 04:17:43 pm
      We draw this, we had the chance to seal it up, Mane should be the one being crucified, Lovren doesn't escape blame though.

Agreed ... the penalty was a marginal shout. Lovren's arms come up to protect himself and the Everton player moves into him.

The goal-scoring chances that Mane has spurned with poor passes are the things that have hurt us today
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #515: Dec 10, 2017 04:18:31 pm

Nah, after so long I'm just tired of seeing him in goal. Not this match. It's just me sick and tired.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #516: Dec 10, 2017 04:18:48 pm
      I understand that January 2017 has left quite a big scar on Klopp and he's determined not to suffer the same fate again. I respect the decision to rotate, although it can be quite frustrating at times. What I don't understand is why we've seen the strangest of selections right in the big games against Chelsea and Everton. I know, people will say those were "flukes" and we were "unlucky". There's some truth to it. But yet, some of the decisions today were odd to say the least - Danny Ings coming on? Solanke playing the full 90 minutes? Our best player off with 30 minutes still to play?

We were not better than Chelsea even when we were ahead. And today, although Everton pretty much refused to play football, and their goalkeeper seemed to have been instructed to give the ball straight to Mignolet every time he had it, we only forced Pickford to make a decent save off a free kick. We were hardly great against a sh*t team. The shining light in both instances was Salah, though we'd love to think we got great depth.

You can't go on blaming luck forever. In the end we're paying the price for persisting with unreliable players such as Mignolet and Lovren for such a long time. And some of the decisions made by the manager haven't helped that.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2017 04:36:15 pm by Diego LFC »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,236 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #517: Dec 10, 2017 04:18:55 pm

Maybe nothing today but he has fu**ed up enough times as Lovren to not be part of this club, why oh why can't
      Klopp see that
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #518: Dec 10, 2017 04:19:13 pm
      How exactly? Had we held out it would have been praise for the line up, yet Mane becomes greedy, costs us going 2-0 right before half time and then Lovren gives away a penalty and it's all Klopps fault? Sorry, didn't realise Klopp was in control of Mane and Lovren.

Klopp shouldn't have took Salah off but Mane could have killed that game in the first half or we could have seen it out if Lovren hadn't first missed a header and then raised his hands on Lewin

When you know how sh*t a player can be, how dopey he is, how costly he can be at the back but you still play them in big games then at some point part of the blame has to fall on the person picking him.

It did with Rodgers, why should it be any different now just because it's Klopp?

Of course Mane is to blame too, for being a greedy f**ker. He's been that way in some games since Salah started getting all the plaudits. Could you not then say bring Mane off instead of Salah? 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #519: Dec 10, 2017 04:19:16 pm
      And Klopp because a full team absolutsly demolishes them and the Mane thing just becomes a small talking point.

We gave them a chance with the line up but in the game they had zero chances at all until the penalty, we could have had a comfortable lead regardless of the line up had it not been for greed.

I didn't agree with the line up at the start but the way the game was going, it showed it was more than capable of beating them comfortably, it just so happens that 2 players had two individual moments and it cost us.

Sorry but I am not putting us f**king that up on the line up, that was purely 2 moments from 2 players that cost us that 3 points.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #520: Dec 10, 2017 04:19:34 pm
      Think we were decent but as a team I don't think we did enough going forward. Final ball was poor throughout, we didn't really create too many good chances and of course what Mane did before half time was dreadful but we still had 45 minutes after that to go and score again and we didn't.

Bit of a nightmare for Lovren again, a soft pen yes but F**k knows why he even got his arms out like that.

Can see why people are defending Klopp rotating but it was the wrong call for me. WBA in midweek was the game to take a couple of our front four out of the firing line and give Milner a game in midfield, not this one.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #521: Dec 10, 2017 04:19:58 pm
      And Mane gets a free pass from me. He's earned the right to a F**k up. The squad has plenty enough to do that lot without his miss counting. He steps up near on every game he plays.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #522: Dec 10, 2017 04:20:22 pm
      People can say what they want but Lovren 100% to blame. Soft or not he should know better than pushing someone like that even if it was just a wee nudge. The guy isn't good enough for Liverpool.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #523: Dec 10, 2017 04:20:50 pm

Solankie I'm afraid needs game time at a lower level rather than warming the full team bench. The lad doesn't move.

We can't play our strongest eleven twice a week every week ... the pace that the game is played at these days means rotating players is necessary. We created decent chances so I don't think this can be blamed on Klopp.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #524: Dec 10, 2017 04:20:51 pm
      We gave them a chance with the line up but in the game they had zero chances at all until the penalty, we could have had a comfortable lead regardless of the line up had it not been for greed.

I didn't agree with the line up at the start but the way the game was going, it showed it was more than capable of beating them comfortably, it just so happens that 2 players had two individual moments and it cost us.

Sorry but I am not putting us f**king that up on the line up, that was purely 2 moments from 2 players that cost us that 3 points.

How can you not put it up to the lineup? Yes we dominated but we weren't playing cutting edge football, we barely had any shots on target. We were screaming out for a second goal and the team that was put out simply didn't have enough to get it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #525: Dec 10, 2017 04:21:13 pm
      2 players cost us that game. Mane and Lovren.
      Yes Mane was greedy today, but I place the blame squarely at Lovren's Feet....FFS as a Defender you have to know that If you put your Hand or arm in a players back in the Penalty area that he will go to ground and give the Ref a decision to make, You can argue all you want after do that about the outcome but  in the end it fails on you, you have cost your team the win...

My hope is we (LFC) bring in VVD for Lovren and Cash 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #526: Dec 10, 2017 04:21:45 pm
      When you know how sh*t a player can be, how dopey he is, how costly he can be at the back but you still play them in big games then at some point part of the blame has to fall on the person picking him.

Agreed, but who were we meant to play instead? Had we gone TAA at RB and Gomez at CB, that still wouldn't have been the right call for a lot of people. Unfortunately, the state our defence is in with terms of players or injuries, it's a limited choice.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #527: Dec 10, 2017 04:21:55 pm
      And Mane gets a free pass from me. He's earned the right to a f**k up. The squad has plenty enough to do that lot without his miss counting. He steps up near on every game he plays.

Mental the way so many have gone in on him.

You'd never have thought we had another 45 minutes after that miss to go and score some more goals.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #528: Dec 10, 2017 04:22:03 pm
      Can't accept that. Did so well to get a 1-0 lead after Everton's ultra defensive style and we were so so comfortable. I couldn't blame Klopp - for 75 minutes he looked like the master after an eyebrow raising team selection. Firmino and Couts on the bench, leading 1-0 and firm favourites to get a second. Everton were nowhere. Klopp was confident, I was confident even with Lovren and Mignolet on the pitch. This was going to be the ONE game this season where no one was going to let us down and a big checkpoint for both of them in such a tense and furious game of football.

But no. One of the usual suspects conspires to f**k it all up in a game where even I thought we looked bullet proof. Dejan Lovren, despite working hard to make everyone forget his sinful display against Tottenham in recent weeks has thrown up those horrid memories once more.

Yeah - we can argue about the merits of the penalty and blame the referee. But Lovren makes the referees decision much easier than it should have been by conspiring to find himself in that desperate situation in the first place. To the referee's eye, after missing that header, Lovren has lost control of the situation. In his mind it's a blatant penalty and I can understand the refs viewpoint. It's another shocking, costly error, the price of which is mounting even higher.   

And sadly, when we were pegged back at 1-1, despite the fact we had 15 minutes to go, the same ugly problems reared their head. When chasing the win we don't look assured. Henderson, for my mind, had a really good match up until the 75 minutes. Calm, controlled - ok he had all the space in the world to play in but he certainly wasn't a hindrance at 0-0 or 1-0. But when it comes to the crunch, the desire to chase that glorious winner at 1-1 he let us down.  Hard working yes but far too slow and holding onto the ball for far too long when we NEEDED instinct and quick reactions to get that second goal in that last 15 minutes. And then when presented an opportunity to shoot on goal he does vintage Hendo - skied into the Kop.

For 75 minutes today I thought we had cracked it. Klopp thought we had cracked it. Calm, controlled, confident. Klopp just 15 minutes away from being proclaimed a genius on account of his team selection. If we had held out for 1-0 he'd be just that. He's a great manager and prepared to straddle that fine line between genius and folly but sadly, he ends up on the wrong side of that line again. Folly will always win when you have players the calibre of Lovren in your team.

I'm so f**king tired of watching this every week it seems. If it isn't Lovren then the next week it's Mignolet. Both seem to be in a never ending game of pass the dunce hat. This time Lovren proudly wears that crown of sh*t.

It'd make the f**king Chuckle Brothers squirm in embarrassment.

Quick Reply