Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Roma?

Loris Karius
      5 (3.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3%)
      James Milner
      11 (8.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (8.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      72 (53.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (13.4%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.7%)
      Dominic Solanke
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: May 06, 2018 09:37:24 pm

AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35230 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,754 posts | 883 
      Re: AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: May 03, 2018 09:14:32 am
      Said this earlier, but the reality is the score didn't matter - so long as we got to the Final. We did.

There is no way that if we played our game we would have lost 4-2. This was all about "do enough". The fact we lost, and the fact that we conceded 4 goals is no reflection on anything.

Just look at the set up. Our pressing? Non existent. Our passing? Not really happening. Counter attack was only used to get the goals we needed. Salah was just chilling out the whole game - when has he been that quiet? Then look at the substitutions. Mane (our only goal threat) taken off on 83 minutes with the score 2-2. Roma then scored 86th minute. Klopp's reaction to their goal was... "meh!". Didn't care.  :lmao: Firmino then taken off on 87 minutes.

If we wanted to we could have scored more and if we wanted to we could have controlled the game.

On Salah, I wonder if the occasion got to him? or was it the game plan? He was clearly a lot deeper at the start, but at other times even when he got forward he just didn't seem himself. A bit sloppy, a bit wasteful - in particular with how their goalkeeper Alisson beat him in the tackle - Salah looked embarrassed. I think the attention on him affected his play.

Anyways, a completely different Liverpool will turn up in the Final. Hopefully the 5-0 Porto, or the 5-2 Roma :)

We did what we had to do. We did enough. Now onto the FINAL !
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #668: May 03, 2018 09:15:16 am

Gotta say watching the lads celebrate winning a semifinal like it's the final itself felt extremely cringe worthy especially after such a dire collective performance, team photo as well with no trophy what next.  :roll:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #669: May 03, 2018 09:15:55 am
      If you can’t enbky tonight then you aren’t a red!
      The fact that you have to resort to this just and thinking it makes your points more valid, just show how sad you are
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #670: May 03, 2018 09:21:42 am
      Said this earlier, but the reality is the score didn't matter - so long as we got to the Final. We did.

There is no way that if we played our game we would have lost 4-2. This was all about "do enough". The fact we lost, and the fact that we conceded 4 goals is no reflection on anything.

Just look at the set up. Our pressing? Non existent. Our passing? Not really happening. Counter attack was only used to get the goals we needed. Salah was just chilling out the whole game - when has he been that quiet? Then look at the substitutions. Mane (our only goal threat) taken off on 83 minutes with the score 2-2. Roma then scored 86th minute. Klopp's reaction to their goal was... "meh!". Didn't care.  :lmao: Firmino then taken off on 87 minutes.

If we wanted to we could have scored more and if we wanted to we could have controlled the game.

On Salah, I wonder if the occasion got to him? or was it the game plan? He was clearly a lot deeper at the start, but at other times even when he got forward he just didn't seem himself. A bit sloppy, a bit wasteful - in particular with how their goalkeeper Alisson beat him in the tackle - Salah looked embarrassed. I think the attention on him affected his play.

Anyways, a completely different Liverpool will turn up in the Final. Hopefully the 5-0 Porto, or the 5-2 Roma :)

We did what we had to do. We did enough. Now onto the FINAL !

I agree we were very sloppy esp in that second half, like the boys knew the job was done and the mind was elsewhere.

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #671: May 03, 2018 09:27:58 am
      We don't do it the easy way, huh?

Had a feeling we were going to 'go all the way' this season (mind you, I say that every season we're in the CL), but it's a bloody good job we banged 5 in at home!

But I don't care. Third final in my lifetime and I genuinely believe that we can do it. 23 days, and hopefully some of our squad depth improves when some of the injured players (Lallana, Gomez, Can) can be fit in time to be in contention.

Kiev awaits us for No.6. ALLEZ, ALLEZ, ALLEZ! :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #672: May 03, 2018 09:28:12 am
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #673: May 03, 2018 09:44:59 am
      U are a complete tosser. Was in the Campo di Fiori tonight. Yes it was tough in the game (Trent is 19????), but we’re through. Enjoy it, Cock Face. My boy paid £500 for a ticket, how much is the Broadband connection these days? Hope he gets home ok too.
      And that invalidates my points how exactly...?

I am over the moon that we progressed to the Finals as I believe that everyone else here is, But that does not mean I will over look my concerns...

I truly believe that Klopp at this time is the right man for this club,BUT He made the mistake yet again for taking off an striker for a defender and it cost us two goals...
      Now we still when through at 4-2, but if the hand ball by TAA had been spotted by the Ref or his linesman, and Klopp would have still made the substitutions It would have ended 5-2 to Roma and extra time without Frimino and Mane on the pitch...

Would you have fancied our chances then...??

I am glad that you son and yourself were able to go to  Campo di Fiori  to night and support the lads, and enjoyed yourselves, some of us would have like to have done the same, but were unable for a host of reasons, but you really need to choose your words a bit more carefully...  Your spines about how much is the Broadband connection these days?
      Not only can be leveled at myself, but everyone hear who had to do the same...

Also you implied  you were also there (Highlighted it about in your post)  ??? But is not Roma's ground (Stadium) called The Stadio Olimpico...?? Campo di Fiori is the square

Could have just replied to your post with similar insinuative language but then I believe that it would make me as bad as you
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #674: May 03, 2018 09:50:57 am
      Ah the magnanimous fan who settles for nothing less than glory speech! Brilliant. I look at his squad and think what a frickin achievement it is just to get to this final. This squad I would argue is no stronger than the side that won it in 2005 (and they shouldn't have been anywhere near the bloody thing). I have everything crossed that we can finish the job but this keyboard warrior will be keeping quiet if we don't.
      We all want Liverpool to pick up a sixth CL, And what you say about this achievement is correct, so I don't want a possible mistake to spoil it and hand Real the three in a row
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #675: May 03, 2018 09:58:10 am
      we scored 7 in a semi final we are going to Kiev maybe we will score 8. Its a shame some need to pull the performance and some players apart when they have just achieved something only 7 other Liverpool teams have achieved in our long illustrious history.
      I personally am incredibly proud of what this team has achieved so far this season and just as importantly how they have done it with real spirit and class.
      Can't wait to see what sort of final we produce but I reckon it will not be for the faint hearted .
      Kopite78
      Re: AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #676: May 03, 2018 09:58:42 am
      I will when Klopp stops making the same mistake over and over again

Have you heard  the saying

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #677: May 03, 2018 09:59:36 am
      Quote of the night
      Itv reporter
      You got a bit lucky Djeko clean through then given offside and the TAA seemed to handle the ball and there could have been two red cards, two penalties?

VVD "who cares!!"

He's brilliant.
      Nothing phases Big Virgil.
      Which is good, cause he'll need all of that steel for the final.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #678: May 03, 2018 10:00:57 am
      If i have one problem with Klopp it is his insistence n bring on Defenders and trying to close the game out, could have so easily have cost us again  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe it's because the only real option outside of throwing kids on in a CL Semi-Final is for us to bring on defenders.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #679: May 03, 2018 10:02:00 am
      Maybe it's because the only real option outside of throwing kids on in a CL Semi-Final is for us to bring on defenders.

Would rather Woodburn running around hassling than the back 5 we sometimes use tbh.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #680: May 03, 2018 10:04:11 am
      Subs: Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno, Ings, Solanke, Woodburn.

Not a single midfielder in there.
      Can, Ox, Lallana.
      All out.
      Massive drop off in front 3 options.
      And yet LFC are in the CL Final in Kiev.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #681: May 03, 2018 10:05:56 am
      anyone know what Gini's goal celebration was about?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #682: May 03, 2018 10:09:28 am
      Great to be in another CL final, let's go on and win the competition.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #683: May 03, 2018 10:10:55 am
      Head nod to Solanke for fouling up the pitch when he came on.
      Sometimes stuff like that interrupts momentum and simply winds the clock down. 
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #684: May 03, 2018 10:13:32 am
      He's brilliant.
      Nothing phases Big Virgil.
      Which is good, cause he'll need all of that steel for the final.
      Was made up when big Virgil shot that ITV reporter  tw*t down ,banging on about what roma should have had and not one mention of what we should have had,anyhows F**k them it's us who are off to the Ukraine.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #685: May 03, 2018 10:19:50 am
      Well we did what we had to do.  Despite the scoreline it was never really that close a tie, and certainly didn't test the nerves like 2005 did.

What strange penalty decisions over the past couple of weeks.  Tonight's was more than a little harsh (think we had a shout earlier in the half that was no less a handball) and glad it didn't make a real difference.  The one at Anfield was harsh (after it hit's Milly's leg first) as well.

We looked like we were running on fumes tonight, but I think as far as the midfield is concerned that is now more to injuries than a lack of depth.  At least we know there are only three games left, and after Sunday recovery times are more than enough.

Going to enjoy it for what it is.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #686: May 03, 2018 10:20:00 am
      Gotta say watching the lads celebrate winning a semifinal like it's the final itself felt extremely cringe worthy especially after such a dire collective performance, team photo as well with no trophy what next.  :roll:
      In fairness mate it was the first time any of those lads have experienced a European cup semi so I imagine getting to a final was cause for huge celebration & a big deal for them.
      Harrisimo

• 8,280 posts | 1396 
      Reply #687: May 03, 2018 10:20:09 am
      We are thru to the final. We fully derserved it. We were the better team. We scored 7 legit goals. All our players deserve huge credit. Our manager deserves huge credit for getting us thru to the semi final, then inspiring the team to beat Roma.

Roma fans left a decent man fighting for his life. Roma's owner James Pallotta, an American billionaire, should've had the good grace to accept defeat with a bit of honour and class, instead of making stupid claims for even more penalties than the two they were wrongly awarded. Making out they were cheated by the officials. The Roma fans disgraced the club and their stupid owner should accept defeat with a bit of dignity.

All our thoughts should now be focused on hoping for the full recovery of Mr. Sean Cox.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #688: May 03, 2018 10:21:09 am
      Any big screen showings of the final in Liverpool?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #689: May 03, 2018 10:21:47 am
      Its now 40 years since Kenny's goal at Wembley in a dire final against Brugge. This final is not going to be a dull affair. Watching Jurgens interviews the journalists must love him because he always engages with them and answers their question unlike so other stroppy managers.
      So 23 long days to get the lads ready but first the small matter of beating Chelsea

Quick Reply