Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM Liverpool v Napoli

Alisson
      55 (43%)
      Alexander Arnold
      1 (0.8%)
      Matip
      3 (2.3%)
      van Dijk
      19 (14.8%)
      Robertson
      13 (10.2%)
      Milner
      3 (2.3%)
      Henderson
      16 (12.5%)
      Wijnaldum
      5 (3.9%)
      Mane
      0 (0%)
      Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Salah
      12 (9.4%)
      Keita
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Voting closed: Dec 12, 2018 10:11:57 pm

Liverpool 1:0 SSC Napoli: In game and post match discussion.

Read 25821 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Napoli
      Reply #736: Dec 11, 2018 10:26:13 pm
      If after that you are still looking to find fault with Henderson after that performance you need to give your head a  wobble he was simply superb and just look at Klopp with im in case you were not sure Henderson is Jürgen's man so get used to it
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #737: Dec 11, 2018 10:27:51 pm
      A word for Joel Matip.......

Trent didn’t look good at the final whistle. That’s a worry..
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #738: Dec 11, 2018 10:28:38 pm
      Call me a knee jerk if you want. Don't give a sh*te. I just voted that big, beautiful, Brazilian b***ard that does bits in between our sticks as MOTM for that save.

Mighty!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #739: Dec 11, 2018 10:29:13 pm
      I was more afraid of the Ref than I was of Napoli.

I am seriously afraid of Salah..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #740: Dec 11, 2018 10:29:28 pm
      If after that you are still looking to find fault with Henderson after that performance you need to give your head a  wobble he was simply superb and just look at Klopp with im in case you were not sure Henderson is Jürgen's man so get used to it

Fair point I'm his biggest critic but he was good tonight, only slightly poor performance was Gini but who cares, we made it through.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #741: Dec 11, 2018 10:30:32 pm
      Only negatives;

injury to Trent
      Mane finishing

Don't forget we've lost VVD for the 1st leg.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #742: Dec 11, 2018 10:30:42 pm
      Henderson showed what he brings to the party tonight - tackles , passes , composure, calmness - superb from him

He was good tonight, particularly in the second half, but that's not what he usually brings to us really. Calmness and composure? Xabi Alonso brought us that, van Dijk brings us that. Henderson not nearly enough, if I'm being honest. I'm looking at the match statistics and Henderson did not make a single tackle tonight either (his midfield partners had 5 and 3 - Milner and Gini respectively). I was happy though, in the second half, when circumstances forced Hendo to take more risks - simply because the easy way out wasn't there - and he did not disappoint, showing what he could in fact do with some regularity but most often doesn't.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #743: Dec 11, 2018 10:31:10 pm
      The whole teams second half was superb there. Looked back to our best apart from the finishing.

Looks like we're getting that ruthlessness back over the last few games.

Now we spank the Mancs and send mourinho packing or is it unpacking the hotel living tosser haha

Yep, and correct me If I am wrong, but we had our midfield 3 play more to their strengths and playing like how we did in previous seasons under a 433, and of course, it helped with the game being so open and Napoli needing a goal.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #744: Dec 11, 2018 10:31:29 pm
      Call me a knee jerk if you want. Don't give a sh*te. I just voted that big, beautiful, Brazilian b***ard that does bits in between our sticks as MOTM for that save.

Mighty!

Not at all mate he got mine too, as good as a goal that save. He is just so F***ing good him and VVD have made us formidable at the back.

Wonder what the odds of 20+ clean sheets are because I reckon we'll hit it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #745: Dec 11, 2018 10:32:39 pm

Mighty!

Brazilians in Liverpool are usually popular ;)

I went for van Dijk myself, can't remember the last time I had this much confidence in a Liverpool player!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #746: Dec 11, 2018 10:32:54 pm
      I am seriously afraid of Salah..

Afraid of what exactly ?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #747: Dec 11, 2018 10:33:07 pm
      With refs like that in the Champions League I can only imagine what the standard of officiating in the Europa League is like... Guess we'll have to ask soft c**t Mertens about it in a few months.

Who?

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #748: Dec 11, 2018 10:33:34 pm
      Only negatives;

injury to Trent
      Mane finishing

Mane was practicing for Sunday when he will get it right.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #749: Dec 11, 2018 10:34:10 pm
      He was good tonight, particularly in the second half, but that's not what he usually brings to us really. Calmness and composure? Xabi Alonso brought us that, van Dijk brings us that. Henderson not nearly enough, if I'm being honest. I'm looking at the match statistics and Henderson did not make a single tackle tonight either (his midfield partners had 5 and 3 - Milner and Gini respectively). I was happy though, in the second half, when circumstances forced Hendo to take more risks - simply because the easy way out wasn't there - and he did not disappoint, showing what he could in fact do with some regularity but most often doesn't.

Sorry but I saw Henderson put in two crunching tackles so your stats are wrong
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #750: Dec 11, 2018 10:34:16 pm
      Yep, and correct me If I am wrong, but we had our midfield 3 play more to their strengths and playing like how we did in previous seasons under a 433, and of course, it helped with the game being so open and Napoli needing a goal.

Yep we did, think it was because we needed goals and Klopp let us loose. Just hope we carry it on,

I think we could commit 9 men forward and VVD and Alissons would still stop a 5 v 2 attack.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #751: Dec 11, 2018 10:34:50 pm
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #752: Dec 11, 2018 10:35:21 pm

What a perfect description Diego of what Henderson did/does and can do. Well done. Excellent.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #753: Dec 11, 2018 10:36:17 pm
      I chose our wonderful goalkeeper, to keep focus for over 90 mins and then to make that save is just incredible. I am so proud of all our boys tonight and winning 1-0 is almost the best result it show great maturity. Season goes on and so do we
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #754: Dec 11, 2018 10:36:52 pm
      Is this the hardest MOTM poll to pick ever??
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #755: Dec 11, 2018 10:36:59 pm
      Brazilians in Liverpool are usually popular ;)

I went for van Dijk myself, can't remember the last time I had this much confidence in a Liverpool player!

So Diego, what the van Dijk's like compared to the Brazilians?  ;) ;D I had had neither myself or the wife.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #756: Dec 11, 2018 10:37:41 pm

Bet he's feeling like a pr**k right now, hope he has nightmares of the match but our players and all the fans are this is Anfield signs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #757: Dec 11, 2018 10:37:52 pm
      Only negatives;

injury to Trent
      Mane finishing

seriously mate if you have to go looking for negatives give your head a wobble that was just outstanding tonight.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #758: Dec 11, 2018 10:38:02 pm
      What was it about the referee that pissed you guys off so much? He was alright. van Dijk's tackle was a reckless one, and it's in the rules of the game that you a player should be cautioned if he acts with "disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent". So yeah VVD got the ball but it was really dangerous play. Other than that, apart from the odd foul here and there, the ref got everything spot on actually.

Quick Reply