Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (3.2%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      36 (29%)
      Roberto Firmino
      26 (21%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (2.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      44 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Apr 09, 2019 09:52:04 pm

Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31274 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Apr 05, 2019 11:18:10 pm
      I'm sure I know which of the top two teams are looking FORWARD to their next game!

yes Come on Brighton
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #576: Apr 05, 2019 11:19:42 pm
      !00% penalty on Keita too just looking at the replay
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #577: Apr 05, 2019 11:28:49 pm
      So we keep on our best ever league campaign at the top of league challenging with the most expensive team ever. How arrogant you've got to be to think you're being "realistic" in criticising that lot every time they don't particularly blow you away?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #578: Apr 05, 2019 11:32:59 pm
      From the Saints forum;

Typical. Keita’s first goal, Salah’s first since Feb, Henderson’s first in eons.

Obviously forgetting they have Shane Long who had about 1 goal in the last 40 games before tonight.

Some are saying they got screwed over by the officials. They must mean the ones that didn't give the clear penalty for a foul on Keita.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,754 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #579: Apr 05, 2019 11:35:48 pm
      Get the F**k innnnnnn

Watched 1st half and had to drive to airport at HT. Was gutted with the score and the fact I couldn't watch 2nd half so got missus to drive and I got logged on after enduring a F***ing phone update, just as Jordan scored.  Went ballistic in the car. People on the freeway must have been wondering what the F**k I was doing 🤣🤣🤣🤣
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #580: Apr 05, 2019 11:36:34 pm
      Had a bit of a moan about his subs recently but was spot on tonight

Yep good substitutions, although it's worth pointing out that the tide was already beginning to turn in the 5-10 minutes before they came on.  Southampton put everything into the first 50 minutes and then they faded fairly rapidly.

The sight of two of Liverpool's best engines coming on was probably not what they wanted to see with half an hour to go.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #581: Apr 05, 2019 11:39:40 pm
      Yep good substitutions, although it's worth pointing out that the tide was already beginning to turn in the 5-10 minutes before they came on.  Southampton put everything into the first 50 minutes and then they faded fairly rapidly.

The sight of two of Liverpool's best engines coming on was probably not what they wanted to see with half an hour to go.

Totally agree. Big engines, just the right time
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #582: Apr 05, 2019 11:41:29 pm
      Not really too sure who was having the worst game...Gini or TAA though the latter was hurting us more... TAA look nervous and over whelmed, supporters watching him could be forgiven thinking that it was his first game for the senior squad

Remember a full 15 plus mins before we equalized the ball being with a Southampton defender on the edge of thier goal area and Gini  being only 10 meters from that player and yet took an age to try and close him down.... For me the right subs' by Klopp

Just not at the time though eh!?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #583: Apr 05, 2019 11:51:27 pm
      Its getting to the point now where this club just refuses to lose. This was a match that Southampton controlled for 60 minutes. The played solid defense, pressed Liverpool into their half, were able to open up the midfield, counter on numerous occasions and were devastating in drawing our front in and letting loose on counter attacks. But, we just used our quality to open narrow attacks and the few times we put together an attack we capitalized.  Which is what Champion winners do.  Even when we couldn't get a rhythm going, they still fought for every 50/50 ball. The quality is apparant. I think Salah was still having problems.  It seems he's having trouble getting that first touch into some open space for a shot on goal. I hope that goal relieves the stress and he gets that confidence back.
      MOTM. Robbo... he was all over and really ripping up that Southampton backline. He had some great looks, passes and his ability in close spaces is freakish.

Great win. Keep pressure on City and that United match could be key for both. United lose they might miss CL and EL. So they need those 3 points. Plus if Aguero is out, they could drop points.
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #584: Apr 05, 2019 11:58:09 pm
      Another great game by Robbo. What a player this lad is. Clearly our best player in the first half and was only overshadowed by Salah and Hendo in the second half. In with a shout for LFC player of the season.

Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #585: Apr 06, 2019 12:03:44 am
      Its getting to the point now where this club just refuses to lose. This was a match that Southampton controlled for 60 minutes. The played solid defense, pressed Liverpool into their half, were able to open up the midfield, counter on numerous occasions and were devastating in drawing our front in and letting loose on counter attacks. But, we just used our quality to open narrow attacks and the few times we put together an attack we capitalized.  Which is what Champion winners do.  Even when we couldn't get a rhythm going, they still fought for every 50/50 ball. The quality is apparant. I think Salah was still having problems.  It seems he's having trouble getting that first touch into some open space for a shot on goal. I hope that goal relieves the stress and he gets that confidence back.
      MOTM. Robbo... he was all over and really ripping up that Southampton backline. He had some great looks, passes and his ability in close spaces is freakish.

Great win. Keep pressure on City and that United match could be key for both. United lose they might miss CL and EL. So they need those 3 points. Plus if Aguero is out, they could drop points.

I gave MOTM to Hendo but yes Robbo is playing out of his skin. Great attacking wing back. Before Robbo Milner was playing 3 positions in every game..full back, wing back and winger. a 3 in 1 player. Robbo is now doing the same, what an engine he has, never runs out of fuel. Been a consistent all season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #586: Apr 06, 2019 12:17:42 am
      There are moments when you think Liverpool FC are testing your heart but then you realise that they are looking after it. Tonight was one of those nights. I needed that cathartic release of energy and in those three goals I got it. Well in Redmen.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Live: Southampton v Liverpool
      Reply #587: Apr 06, 2019 12:32:31 am
      Whenever the technology is there I hope they send you straight into a f**king black hole
      Keyboard warriors, saying stuff they won't say in real life because they are chicken and hide behind monitors.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Live: Southampton v Liverpool
      Reply #588: Apr 06, 2019 12:35:03 am
      Err No, you were doing it because you’re a tw*t who doesn’t believe in his team. Simple !
      I actually find that whenever I post something negative we scored within 10 minutes. We needed a goal, I posted and Salah scored... sorry to be superstitious... and have a nice cup of stfu
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #589: Apr 06, 2019 12:37:05 am
      Well I’m off to bed, g’night all.
      Will just say....
      Yaaaaahhhoooooo !
      What a F***ing win!
      We are top of the league, we are top of the league!
      😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #590: Apr 06, 2019 12:38:03 am
      Tough game as predicted and credit to Saints they did what the Reds have done to most teams under Klopp pressed like maniacs and unfortunately Fab and Gini just couldn’t cope. But the biggest culprit under the press was Trent, sonething I have mentioned previously about his play so if I have noticed it no doubt he will be targeted in the future.

Unfortunately for Saints their pressing left them out on their feet after 70mins and Klopp timed his subs perfectly and fair play to Hendo and Milner they both played well.
      You could tell how much that goal meant to Hendo.

2 goals from midfield WTF is this black magic!
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2019 12:44:26 am by HScRed1 »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #591: Apr 06, 2019 12:43:12 am
      Salah looks to be getting his form back. I think we can win all our remaining games, but so can City, so it will be close.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #592: Apr 06, 2019 01:04:21 am
      So admit it. Who was screaming "PASS!!!" before Salah scored? :D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #593: Apr 06, 2019 01:06:10 am
      Just not at the time though eh!?
      Gini played below par all game, just that really stuck out, you are 1-0 down in a must win game and you show little to no effort to try and win the ball back
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #594: Apr 06, 2019 01:10:19 am

Haha. Guilty.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #595: Apr 06, 2019 01:10:51 am
      I was for sure  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #596: Apr 06, 2019 01:16:29 am

Ha! Not as such, I did wince though :laugh:
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #597: Apr 06, 2019 01:39:02 am
      We've qualified for the next season's Champions League with this win. So there's that.

Quick Reply