Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (3.2%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.4%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      36 (29%)
      Roberto Firmino
      26 (21%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (2.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      44 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: Apr 09, 2019 09:52:04 pm

Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31811 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Re: Southampton 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Apr 05, 2019 10:36:44 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #553: Apr 05, 2019 10:37:16 pm
      changed the game and all credit to him just look at the league table who is going to question him

Give the moral high ground a rest for christ sake.

We are all buzzing with getting yet another big win, the posts where you feel the need to bang on at doubters constantly is just as annoying as the people who try and pick holes in everything and moan about the slightest thing certain players do.

Yes we are top, we are all enjoying it so just let the other stuff go lad, you don't need to keep saying about people questioning things, trust me, we all get the message on what you think. Leave the WUMS or whatever to it, you don't need to bang on about it because the chances are, they wont be around much right now anyway.

Just enjoy the result
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,537 posts | 1489 
      Reply #554: Apr 05, 2019 10:39:34 pm
      its the team spirit that will take us all the way mate
      I thoroughly believe it Walt,according to the commentary on radio Merseyside hendo ran to the travelling reds & went absolutely bonkers when mo’s goal went in,no hiding his passion.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #555: Apr 05, 2019 10:40:08 pm
      Hendo..phew...put a pair of boxing gloves on him stick him in there...biff, bash bosh..I wouldn't get in there..

Nearly had Bobby try and take his head off mind with the kung-fu kick. No idea what goes through Bobby's mind when he starts throwing kicks around people's heads, he's going to take someone out one of these days :laugh:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #556: Apr 05, 2019 10:44:52 pm
      I thoroughly believe it Walt,according to the commentary on radio Merseyside hendo ran to the travelling reds & went absolutely bonkers when mo’s goal went in,no hiding his passion.

he was pumped mate but then so was I screaming his name it was just a cameo of what he could do but he plays for the team.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #557: Apr 05, 2019 10:45:46 pm
      Give the moral high ground a rest for christ sake.

We are all buzzing with getting yet another big win, the posts where you feel the need to bang on at doubters constantly is just as annoying as the people who try and pick holes in everything and moan about the slightest thing certain players do.

Yes we are top, we are all enjoying it so just let the other stuff go lad, you don't need to keep saying about people questioning things, trust me, we all get the message on what you think. Leave the WUMS or whatever to it, you don't need to bang on about it because the chances are, they wont be around much right now anyway.

Just enjoy the result

again you don't get to tell me what to post I post within the rules perhaps you should read them
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #558: Apr 05, 2019 10:46:21 pm
      Don't forget,. Last game is against Wolves. I remember when we won the League down at Molyneux in the last game of the season. Can't remember the season but it was a long time ago.

History going to repeat itself. Lets hope so!

75/76 it gave us the Title that led us to our first European Cup, i have a cassette recording of me listening to the game on the radio and Squealing with delight when we won, I was only 14 mind you!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #559: Apr 05, 2019 10:46:36 pm
      again you don't get to tell me what to post I post within the rules perhaps you should read them

Maybe leave the abuse out when you are telling people to f**k off and whatever else then because you aren't following the rules then... Perhaps you should read them.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #560: Apr 05, 2019 10:47:08 pm
      Another classic case of teams with nothing to play for at this stage of the season,trying their best to f@ck us up from winning the title,time wasting it makes us all the more determined to win it,thought the fans were superb tonight gave the players amazing backing through out ,alot of tv,s being switched off in the Citea area tonight just before 22,00hours early bed maybe ?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #561: Apr 05, 2019 10:47:38 pm
      Klopp played a blinder with the subs today, absolute blinder.

he isnt perfect but he is very close to it
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #562: Apr 05, 2019 10:48:46 pm
      Another classic case of teams with nothing to play for at this stage of the season,trying their best to f@ck us up from winning the title,time wasting it makes us all the more determined to win it,thought the fans were superb tonight gave the players amazing backing through out ,alot of tv,s being switched off in the Citea area tonight just before 22,00hours early bed maybe ?

great point mate the fans were absolutely superb tonight they never stopped getting behind the lads
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,475 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #563: Apr 05, 2019 10:48:47 pm
      he isnt perfect but he is very close to it

Had a bit of a moan about his subs recently but was spot on tonight
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #564: Apr 05, 2019 10:52:53 pm
      Had a bit of a moan about his subs recently but was spot on tonight

you have to trust him mate just by the position we are in means he get things right more often than not. Also we have a great squad and players like Joe,Ox,Lallana, Lovren, Shaq,Daniel are all close to being available to win us that game in the last minute
      Harrisimo

• 8,356 posts | 1412 
      Reply #565: Apr 05, 2019 10:56:42 pm
      No doubt Hendo was wound up tonight. He knows a percentage of the fans doubt him and it goes back to his early days under Sir Kenny. But Hendo couldn't do what he did tonight from the kick off.

I mean Klopp could threaten the team..." Now look if you don't feckin' wake up...I'll set Hendo on you..."
      Harrisimo

• 8,356 posts | 1412 
      Reply #566: Apr 05, 2019 11:03:16 pm
      Bringing TAA off to me shows TAA isn't 100%. I think he lacked a bit of intensity tonight. We know he has a great right foot and can put world class crosses in. But I don't think he is fully fit.

Made huge strides this season but won't be burn out or anything but maybe a breather for a game or so might be better in the short & long term.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,475 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #567: Apr 05, 2019 11:04:45 pm
      you have to trust him mate just by the position we are in means he get things right more often than not. Also we have a great squad and players like Joe,Ox,Lallana, Lovren, Shaq,Daniel are all close to being available to win us that game in the last minute

Totally agree
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,627 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #568: Apr 05, 2019 11:06:14 pm
      Maybe Saints got a bit to ambitious. I thought they would sit deep try and frustrate. We can hit teams on the break better than any team. Salah is like a coiled spring when we defend corners. Just looking for the run.

Best team in Europe for Drama without a doubt.

They played 5-4-1 and a high press.
      One of the biggest tests the team has had to break down.

Impressive cameo by Henderson.
      Would quite like if this 13/14 version stuck around for the run in.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #569: Apr 05, 2019 11:06:34 pm
      Feels like a big win and performance. Last half hour was very good. Funny that Hendo n Milner coming on turned it. With Milner going to RB it made perfect sense. He shored us up defensively, and Hendo gave us a big shot of energy in midfield. Still MOTM to Mo though for that finish. Great time for him to do that - for the points but also for his confidence. Hopefully that is him up and running again for the last 5 games. Could be key.

Great shot of confidence for the entire team.(Naby getting his first goal as well!) Just an affirmation of character and fighting spirit for the whole team at the perfect time. Most enjoyable game of 2019 so far. Maybe the most important one of the whole season so far as well.

Not really too sure who was having the worst game...Gini or TAA though the latter was hurting us more... TAA look nervous and over whelmed, supporters watching him could be forgiven thinking that it was his first game for the senior squad

Remember a full 15 plus mins before we equalized the ball being with a Southampton defender on the edge of thier goal area and Gini  being only 10 meters from that player and yet took an age to try and close him down.... For me the right subs' by Klopp
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #570: Apr 05, 2019 11:11:01 pm
      Absolutely thrilled for Keita tonight he looked a different player after he scored and no Mo is back ready for the next 5 games its going to be special
      rossyred

• 9,308 posts | 1669 
      Reply #571: Apr 05, 2019 11:13:40 pm
      Bringing TAA off to me shows TAA isn't 100%. I think he lacked a bit of intensity tonight. We know he has a great right foot and can put world class crosses in. But I don't think he is fully fit.

Made huge strides this season but won't be burn out or anything but maybe a breather for a game or so might be better in the short & long term.

Think it's more of his game management no doubting his ability but still very young and is in game intelligence lacks at times at both ends of the field but will only get better and better
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #572: Apr 05, 2019 11:14:01 pm
      I'm sure I know which of the top two teams are looking FORWARD to their next game!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,627 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #573: Apr 05, 2019 11:14:56 pm
      3 points.
      Top of the league.
      Keita, Hendo & Salah on the scoresheet.

What's not to enjoy lads...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #574: Apr 05, 2019 11:17:37 pm
      Young Trent was all over the place at time but this is how he will learn and he still managed an assist  tonight. Old Milly isn't a bad go to when required is he

Quick Reply