Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 451034 times
      FL Red and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1817: Apr 24, 2021 03:57:28 pm
      Thank you  ;D Their you go Heimy time to go.  :lmao: He's overdue the ignore button for another spell on the sidelines  ;D

Good call Keith. Now if everyone would just stop quoting him.....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1818: Apr 24, 2021 03:58:39 pm
      Good call Keith. Now if everyone would just stop quoting him.....

Much easier than debating, run and find a safe space coward.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1819: Apr 24, 2021 04:24:58 pm
      Way too loyal to the players who let him down virtually every week.

There again no real options either.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1820: Apr 24, 2021 04:32:54 pm
      Much easier than debating, run and find a safe space coward.

Do you know the Liverpool way Heimy?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6740 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1821: Apr 25, 2021 02:00:14 am
      I love the Gaffer, everything about him but he's fu**ed up 2 weeks running.

Last week, game needed an extra defender last 10 minutes, he brings on Ox!!

This week, don't for the love of god, take the best player on the pitch, off and put a returning from injury Curtis on the ground.

Two massive mistakes that cost us.

But he can't take all the blame, how many chances do we want in front of goal? Put the F***ing thing in the net and we'll talk about it afterwards!!!!

Sadio the biggest culprit of them all!!!
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,333 posts | 281 
      Reply #1822: Apr 25, 2021 06:32:32 am

This week, don't for the love of god, take the best player on the pitch, off and put a returning from injury Curtis on the ground.

But he can't take all the blame, how many chances do we want in front of goal? Put the f**king thing in the net and we'll talk about it afterwards!!!!

I think your last point has been our season in a nutshell. Yeah JK has made some odd substitutions and our defence has been obliterated by injury and midfield tbh BUT for me our ultimate problem has been our front three. Mo is world class he'll always score a lot but he misses a lot also, Bobby appears to be past his best and Sadio is? Well I don't know just not Sadio any more? Couple that with Jota missing a large chunk of the season.
      We've had worse seasons but this seems the most depressing as we are Champions. We need some new blood in attack I reckon.
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #1823: Apr 25, 2021 08:24:16 am

But he can't take all the blame, how many chances do we want in front of goal? Put the f**king thing in the net and we'll talk about it afterwards!!!!

Strangest thing was we only used 2 subs. We had one more to use - why we didn't break up Newcastles momentum in injury time I'll never know. Especially after that disallowed goal! Very novice like mistake by JK.

Why didn't we run the clock down also? Instead we are pressing for more goals at the end? I watched Chelsea in the later kick off 1-0 up and just absolutely kill the clock (corner flag, players on the floor, subs) giving the opposition hardly any chance to score.

Very poor game management from us at times this year. Just a horrible horrible season.

I'm not expecting anything next week but if we were to win our last four - would we have any shot at top four? or do we have to win all 5 now?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1824: Apr 25, 2021 08:39:20 am

But he can't take all the blame, how many chances do we want in front of goal? Put the F***ing thing in the net and we'll talk about it afterwards!!!!

I felt that Newcastle sucker punch was coming anyway regardless of the subs. If you keep missing golden opportunities it always comes back to bite you. I understand why he brought on Milner, but surely it should've been for Gini.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1825: Apr 25, 2021 08:57:51 am
      100% behind Jürgen. F**k the haters and the 3 trolls we have here.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #1826: Apr 25, 2021 09:01:21 am
      Il be the first one to say that JK has made some mistakes, but you cant pin Newcastle loss on Jürgen.
      He knew that Newcastle will try to defend with 11 men, so he played 4 upfront. We created so many chances, that we should have won that game easily.

The formation was right, the tactics were right but our attackers let us down. In second half when we didnt manage to secure our lead, he put milner in to calm things down.

He cant make them score from chances, he can only put a team together and choose his tactics. Which he did right, because of 20+ chances we created. Its the players who have to execute the plan and that's where the faults were yesterday.

If we had taken some of the chances that we created, then we would have been hailing Jürgen for his gameplan and calling him a genius. Since we didnt take our chances, so now we are doubting him.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2021 09:15:14 am by Billo »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1827: Apr 25, 2021 09:20:34 am
      Il be the first one to say that JK has made some mistakes, but you cant pin Newcastle loss on Jürgen.
      He knew that Newcastle will try to defend with 11 men, so he played 4 upfront. We created so many chances, that we should have won that game easily.

The formation was right, the tactics were right but our attackers let us down. In second half when we didnt manage to secure our lead, he put milner in to calm things down.

He cant make them score from chances, he can only put a team together and choose his tactics. Which he did right, because of 20+ chances we created. Its the players who have to execute the plan and that's where the faults were yesterday.

If we had taken some of the chances that we created, then we would have been hailing Jürgen for his gameplan and calling him a genius. Since we didnt take our chances, so now we are doubting him.

Exactly. Jürgen can't score the goals himself, he can't make players make the right decisions. He set the team up to attack, and it worked.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1828: Apr 25, 2021 09:35:59 am
      Hd does not like the word DIAGONAL
      Andyd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #1829: Apr 25, 2021 09:53:30 am
      Jürgen has been a breath of fresh air to this club and it genuinely pains me to see some of our own hanging out to dry, and for what reason i genuinely cant tell

I have waited most of my life to see us win the league again and legends of this club haven't been able to give us that, let this sink in, since Kenny won it last time in '91 the following have managed us and this is what they have won

Graeme Souness
      1 FA cup

Roy Evans
      1 League cup

Gerard Houllier
      1 FA cup
      2 League cups
      1 UEFA cup
      1 Super cup

Rafa Benitez
      1 Champions League
      1 FA cup
      1 Super cup

Roy Hodgson
      F**k all

Kenny Dalglish
      1 League cup

Brendan Rodgers
      Nothing

So in the 30 years since our last title we had won in total 11 trophies, we were habitually failing in the league, we had essentially challenged for that title 3 times, the pressure of that was mounting, it was starting to get the feeling that it was never going to happen, the times we challenged we fell away under the pressure, teams like Blackburn and Leicester had won it when we couldnt.

Then Jürgen walked through the door, into a league that was probably harder to win than at any point in those 30 years with the oil money and state backed sides spending money we simply didnt have. He then built us to the point where people were calling his side one of the best sides ever to play in English football, he got us to a points total that would have won all league title in history apart from one in any other season, he won us our 6th European cup and then won us the club world cup for the first time in our illustrious history and a super cup that season.. we truly had conquered the world and topped European football

Did he let them drop off? did he let their heads drop having missed out on the title again having got 97 points? Because that whats happened in the last 30 years, everytime we have got close we have fallen away again and taken years to put together another go at the league.. Did he? No he got them firing from day one the next season, we won 27 of our first 28 games in the league and broke the hearts of everyone else in the league and he brought home that first league title in 30 years, we won it at a canter

People say hes one dimensional, hes not, hes pragmatic like any other top manager, he plays a formation to suit the players he has, he didnt play the formation he plays here at Dortmund because he had different players with different skill sets

Hes a winner, he did what i was starting to think may never happen again and some "fans" question that? Question him? Ask for him to go or suggest hes a fraud or that he a mad or lucky or that he even throws games

You dont deserve him, but we do

Lets hope you dont get what you wish for
      let,s get things in perspective, Klopp is a top class manager who will sort this Liverpool side out and get us back to winning ways. However he has lost his way just a little, some of the players haven,t helped him they don,t need mentioning. Are his back room staff giving him enough support or advice especially during games? As a fan he gets my backing, there are a lot of reasons why this season has been a nightmare. But with two or three quality signings and a clear out of deadwood, plus the return of fans. We will be back challenging for the title next season.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1830: Apr 25, 2021 10:59:18 am
      One of the criticisms of Bill Shankly was he was too loyal to players who had served him well and he had a lean spell in the late 60's /early 70's but then built the basis of a team that would go on to give us the best period of success the club has ever had.
      We cannot afford 24 world class players like City but we do need to clear out players who just dont get what it take to play for this club. The squad will be freshened up and the celebrate front three will be broken up which is only natural after almost 4 years together.
      We will have two new players in Virgil and Joe who have been missed more than we could ever of imagined as there absence has completely unbalanced the team . Chelsea have some really hard fixtures and CL and F.A Cup games W.Ham have less but unless we win our games its over for the CL. Jürgen is as good a manager as we could possibly wish for and this is his team/squad for him to leave would mean the squad would need to be broken up and huge investment made which I doubt FSG are up for so they will hang on to Jürgen with everything they have got to offer him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1831: Apr 25, 2021 11:21:07 am
      One of the criticisms of Bill Shankly was he was too loyal to players who had served him well and he had a lean spell in the late 60's /early 70's but then built the basis of a team that would go on to give us the best period of success the club has ever had.
      We will have two new players in Virgil and Joe who have been missed more than we could ever of imagined as there absence has completely unbalanced the team . Chelsea have some really hard fixtures and CL and F.A Cup games W.Ham have less but unless we win our games its over for the CL. Jürgen is as good a manager as we could possibly wish for and this is his team/squad for him to leave would mean the squad would need to be broken up and huge investment made which I doubt FSG are up for so they will hang on to Jürgen with everything they have got to offer him.

Excellent comment mate and the closing statement about FSG offering Jürgen "everything" to stay will no doubt materialise, the obvious question is will Jürgen even consider staying under these owners?

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1832: Apr 25, 2021 11:21:40 am
      Jürgen won't ask the owners for a huge transfer budget but we do need to bring in players for the future over the next few windows. Our front 3 have only a few years left at the top,  Miller can't go on for ever (as much as I wish he could) Gini is 30, Virgil and Joë are 29 now, that's not old for a CB, but who knows if he will be the same player after his injury.
      If they're not going to sell up they need to loosen the purse strings and keep us competitive.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #1833: Apr 25, 2021 11:27:21 am
      We cannot afford 24 world class players like City but we do need to clear out players who just dont get what it take to play for this club. The squad will be freshened up and the celebrate front three will be broken up which is only natural after almost 4 years together.

Perfect post
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1834: Apr 25, 2021 11:49:37 am
      let,s get things in perspective, Klopp is a top class manager who will sort this Liverpool side out and get us back to winning ways. However he has lost his way just a little, some of the players haven,t helped him they don,t need mentioning. Are his back room staff giving him enough support or advice especially during games? As a fan he gets my backing, there are a lot of reasons why this season has been a nightmare. But with two or three quality signings and a clear out of deadwood, plus the return of fans. We will be back challenging for the title next season.

Klopp has lost his way?!?!
      The owners whose decisions directly affect the manager's roll and make him a scapegoat for so many of their "mistakes" seem to have lost their way, FSG were never on the right path pre-Klopp, the manager brought the club the Premiership title and if quality replacement for the injuries to Virgil and Joe had been in place LFC would be in a healthier state.

Who is going to pay for this "clearout"?
      Who is going to pay for quality signings?

The reason we have have plummeted and lost our perch at the pinnacle is a lack of funds, who is to pay for quality players?, the manager?, the supporters?,  'cos the owners won't get their hands in their pockets as JWH himself stated.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2021 11:55:11 am by stuey »
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #1835: Apr 25, 2021 12:12:19 pm

Well said Walt.  And Stuey.
      Interesting set up yesterday by JK.  I didn't see the game live, only highlights, but BBC website had us set up as 4 4 2 with Sadio and Mo as traditional wingers.  I'm not sure if that was their interpretation or JK's but I thought he seemed to be shuffling a very limited hand of cards, player-wise, and maybe gambling a bit.   It looked like a line-up where he expected the opponents to score maybe a couple (they did, in all honestly!), but to outscore them at the other end (should have, by all accounts).  Back to heavy metal?

Henderson has been such a massive absence lately, so we were always going to lack midfield support for the defence and also leadership, which we miss greatly.  Philips is out, so he felt Kabak needed Fab back there, and I tend to agree.  My only question mark against JK there would be maybe to put Millie in instead of Gini, who seems to be a passenger in recent games, but the forwards still need to take their chances.

I've seen a lot of people slagging JK off, which really gets my goat.  It's obvious he's got limited options, and he knows the players states of mind and fitness levels, and has to work with that.  He's the easy target for criticism, and to some extent that's part of the job, but we clearly have an issue with scoring goals, a lack of options in midfield and a massively-disrupted defence.  No fault of Jurgens, but I think the need for at least a partial reorganising/rethinking/rebuilding of the First XI, wider squad and tactical approach is becoming increasingly clear, and we might just need to be patient for a while because I can't see FSG pouring cash into this right now.   

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2021 12:17:58 pm by TheleftpegofRayKennedy »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1836: Apr 25, 2021 01:22:46 pm

He fu**ed up with the substitition though.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #1837: Apr 25, 2021 03:35:21 pm
      He fu**ed up with the substitition though.

He didnt know what we do know now. He tried to calm things down with milner on and put more bodies in the midfield. He got in Jones for Thiago, now if jones scored a goal then these subs would have been hailed as masterclass from a genius. Now we are bashing for the same subs. Maybe Jones were supposed to be fresh legs to keep up the pressing in midfield. I dont know, but it doesnt change the fact that we created alot of chances and we were dominating the game for 80 mins. To me it seems like the plan was there, and the tactics were right. it was just poor poor performances by our attackers.

Im not saying JK doesnt make mistakes, he does and so do we all but against Newcastle he got things right. We can say alot about subs now because we know now, how those subs performed but JK at the time didnt.

On the other hand, if we had struggled controlling the ball or creating chances, then i would have said that JK got it wrong. Thats how i see it tho.
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1838: Apr 25, 2021 04:21:10 pm
      He didnt know what we do know now. He tried to calm things down with milner on and put more bodies in the midfield. He got in Jones for Thiago, now if jones scored a goal then these subs would have been hailed as masterclass from a genius. Now we are bashing for the same subs. Maybe Jones were supposed to be fresh legs to keep up the pressing in midfield. I dont know, but it doesnt change the fact that we created alot of chances and we were dominating the game for 80 mins. To me it seems like the plan was there, and the tactics were right. it was just poor poor performances by our attackers.

Im not saying JK doesnt make mistakes, he does and so do we all but against Newcastle he got things right. We can say alot about subs now because we know now, how those subs performed but JK at the time didnt.

On the other hand, if we had struggled controlling the ball or creating chances, then i would have said that JK got it wrong. Thats how i see it tho.

We just needed to keep control of the ball possession and use experience taking one of the best there is meeting that need was taken off which I am sorry is a poor swap hindsight or not
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #1839: Apr 25, 2021 04:27:04 pm
      We just needed to keep control of the ball possession and use experience taking one of the best there is meeting that need was taken off which I am sorry is a poor swap hindsight or not

yeah, but you could say that milner were supposed to be the experience and Jones was supposed to be the fresh legs. two mids who were going to help us control the game. I see the logic behind those subs, and the reason behind the scrutiny for the subs is exactly hindsight. Now we know, what we didnt know atm. If JK had made a bizzare sub like taking out kabak for ox, i would have been criticizing JK too.

He didnt make strange subs, the subs just didnt do what they were supposed to, and if you think about it then the subs were pretty logical.

Quick Reply