Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 448963 times
      tezmac, kop1 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,973 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2967: Sep 08, 2022 05:44:32 pm
      Have you ever been on twitter or Facebook and seen some of the comments left by supposed African fans?

That's what he's talking about.

F**k all to do with racism.

We’ve had a big influx of snowflakes joining  the forum in the last couple of months.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2968: Sep 08, 2022 05:48:27 pm
      We’ve had a big influx of snowflakes joining  the forum in the last couple of months.

Not even snowflakes, just pure spoilt whinging cu*ts
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,973 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2969: Sep 08, 2022 05:50:22 pm

Time for the ignore list button me fink….
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2970: Sep 08, 2022 05:59:52 pm
      Nah can’t see Trent in midfield if you think he is not cutting as a RB at the moment he would be absolutely destroyed in midfield, you need even more positional sense playing in midfield than RB.
      Southgate played him as a midfielder and Klopp wasn’t happy he said if you have a world class RB why change his role.

Agree.

Maybe have him play more as an actual RB for a change while we're going through this sticky spell.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2971: Sep 08, 2022 06:02:06 pm
      just an observation. I didn't intend to cause offence.

You didn’t mate, I was taking the piss, something you will need to get used to in this forum 😉
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2972: Sep 08, 2022 06:20:16 pm
      probably best to ignore Jürgen's words from last night he is an emotional man and clearly visibly upset and I hope there is one thing we all agree on this forum is he is the glue the inspirational leader we all are fully behind.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,973 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2973: Sep 08, 2022 06:29:46 pm
      probably best to ignore Jürgen's words from last night he is an emotional man and clearly visibly upset and I hope there is one thing we all agree on this forum is he is the glue the inspirational leader we all are fully behind.

Wish I could disagree but I like him too, To good to be your manager  :P
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #2974: Sep 08, 2022 06:48:16 pm
      Nah can’t see Trent in midfield if you think he is not cutting as a RB at the moment he would be absolutely destroyed in midfield, you need even more positional sense playing in midfield than RB.
      Southgate played him as a midfielder and Klopp wasn’t happy he said if you have a world class RB why change his role.

Me neither, he’s a rwb, that’s his trade, leave him at that and you will get the best from him, pushing him forwards won’t achieve anything except square pegs in round holes, personally I think he needs benching so he can recharge, he’s played perhaps over 200 games in the last 3-4 seasons, that has to take its toll despite his young years, elite athletes perhaps but their still human being’s not robot’s, not sure how far away Calvin Ramsey is from playing, hopefully not too far away, and once he’s up to speed, we’ll see plenty of rotation similar to Robbo & Kostas, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it !!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,225 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2975: Sep 08, 2022 06:50:28 pm
      Unfortunately it is broken
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #2976: Sep 08, 2022 06:51:39 pm

That’ll be the same spoilt whinging Cnuts you get on fb, some of them you just laugh off, they obvious have no scooby what’s going on!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #2977: Sep 08, 2022 06:52:59 pm

Have to throw this in as a response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KO4pC30lGs&ab_channel=WhoseLineMadness

In fact, I might go on a Whose Line binge now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #2978: Sep 08, 2022 07:10:09 pm

So are you suggesting then that it can’t be fixed ? the whole shebang is broken fella, not just Trent, it’s down to Jürgen, Pep & Co to FIX it, and they will, in case you didn’t know these fall off the cliff performance ‘s happen, it’s how you deal with getting back on the horse which takes precedent over everything else,

Even if it means a complete change to a tried & trusted system, and if that takes days, weeks ,months to work so be it, we’ve had it so good the last 6 seasons we perhaps take for granted the levels we have set ourselves, so when you fall below, way below that level it’s twice as difficult to regain the same high standards, in short, we are victims of our own success, something is most definitely amiss within the squad, and we need to rally and get behind the boys even more so, they need us to be supportive not be so critical .

Nothing wrong in venting your frustration and disappointment and I think most of us have done that between yesterday and today, but we have Wolves to play Saturday and I expect a full house getting behind the boys, and put last night abysmal performance behind us !!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #2979: Sep 08, 2022 07:14:38 pm

Cheers Billy la, I’ve saved this for future reference   :lmao: :lmao:
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #2980: Sep 08, 2022 10:37:53 pm
      Isn’t there a term we use for this bmck? Or does it just come at Christmas.

You like to label yourself has some hard as nails and throw the label of snowflake around

I grew up in s.africa, we were driven out twice when i was young by gangs who the second time had sexually assaulted 2 females in the family, i was beaten to a near pulp and was in hospital for 4 months

When i was a teenager, we were carjacked with my mum being dragged out, i had to fight people off her and from a distance got shot at in the thigh, hospital for 5 weeks at that point, this was my life, fighting each day, fences and security constantly at home

We left s.africa in my early twenties, i know look after my sister who has early onset dementia, i know theres no research but the trauma of what she went through, i always suspect a link

And to top it off, my family are originally Palestinian so we have family undergoing a lot of hardship and stress

Theres your snowflake, you live a life as a poker player, you dont know what ive been through mate
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2981: Sep 09, 2022 01:49:05 am
      What the f**k has Africa got to do with it? And do you think Africa only got electricity within the last two years?

What a f**king sh*t post if I've ever seen one

Don't get you knickers in a twist Newboy!

The electricity bit was a joke.

Jump on social media, have a look at most of the people calling Jürgen and our Team out and wanting rid of Jürgen.

It pisses me off no end, especially minutes after a Loss or a poor performance.

And I'm not racist, u dickhead, I own a colour tv!!! I love all colours!!!

P.S Thanks Keith Manc and HR ..very nice of ya lads.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2022 04:57:19 am by AussieRed »
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #2982: Sep 09, 2022 02:10:34 am
      It's all well and good coming out with soundbites like what is it? Our identity is a our intensity, stop being so intense and just control the game tempo. Why would we need to always be intense? We should be in control not flapping around like pigeons... anyway. Let the coaching sort this out because there are so many things wrong with how we are playing I don't want to start because it'll sound like I'm entitled or something. Defense is crap, midfield is crap and attack is crap, this is during a spell were we won 9 nil too so work that one out because I've very confused at the way we play now.
      It's crap to watch too, 9 nil in between all of this makes it even more bizarro to the max.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #2983: Sep 09, 2022 08:56:14 am
      I don’t think any of us can explain that abysmal performance on Wednesday, sh*t, I don’t think even Jürgen knows, all we can do is keep giving our support and perhaps even enhance it where possible, it’s not as if the boys set out to deliberately play like they did is it ?

I think we will come out of this even stronger, for this is the lowest feeling I’ve had since Jürgen came in, so how must the lads feel, they know they were sh*te, they know they let Jürgen down, they know they let us down, and perhaps more importantly they let themselves down, and as professional athletes that will hurt more than anything, or it should do !

No one is making excuses, that’s our starter for ten, my take on it is this, that first KO against Fulham has been the only time we’ve been able to field our strongest X1, when we got caught with our pants down by a excellent Fulham side who wanted it more than we did,
      Next up was Palace where Nat partnered Virgil, Milner with Fabinho & Nunez made his short lived Prem debut,
      From that point on(not blaming Darwin) we have in a word been sh*te, then the MUtants discovered they could play football and were basically taught a lesson, it’s this game that for me was truly troubling, we just didn’t seem that bothered, and again the opposition wanted it more, were we too complacent against one of our main rivals ? F**k knows but apart from the ‘Mouth’ result which now looks freakish at best, we simply haven’t been at the races

A last, the very last second’s Carv won us the three points V Newcastle but again we weren’t our usual selves, we drew with that sh*te across the park next, then that anomaly on Wednesday,

All the while trying to integrate a new angle on the system 99% of those played are ingrained in, in hindsight maybe just maybe Jürgen should have held back until everyone was fit before changing anything, but we can’t afford to wait, so we have to go with what you have available and perhaps in time the change you want to make will happen gradually, in short we are in kind of mini transition,

Does that excuse our lacklustre performances no does it F**k, but it certainly didn’t  help not having everyone available that’s for sure,

I think it’s safe to say we have all calmed down now, i was ready to throw two or three under the bus after Wednesday tbh, and if we did have a fully fit match day squad for the Wolverines on Saturday I’d be making some drastic changes, complacency is a poison no one sees coming, and maybe one or two feel their place in the side is irreplaceable, so time to bang some heads together me thinks, and this how I’d go about it, hypothetically of course……

In a 4-2-3-1…..                                     Alisson
                                                  Ramsey  Matip  Konate  Robbo(c)
                                                        Fabinho     Bajcetic
                                                       Elliot    Thiago     Diaz
                                                                   Jota

Bench ; Kelleher,  Trent, Virgil, Kostas, Bobby, Carvhalo, Jones, Mo, Nunez

Notice, not many 30 year old’s aside from Matip, Fabinho & Thiago, a blend of youth and experience is a good mixture and balance is important too, you’ll see we have new blood at rwb, with Ramsey and I’ve been impressed with young lad Bajcetic, started off as a CB but has since moved up into midfield, he can both defend well and be handy going forward linking up play, the front four speak for themselves, the bench is pretty impressive me thinks with plenty of experience and with the five sub rule we will see plenty of rotation,

We’ve definitely lost our mojo and we need to get it back as soon as humanly possible, these kick up the arse excercise’s are to remind the players that your only borrowing the shirt, it’s not yours to keep, and that no one player owns their particular position, and that means EVERYONE,

Perfection would be to have two high quality individuals vying for the same position, we don’t really have that tbh but we’re not too far away, anyhoo, that’s my take on banging heads and arse kickings,

We have to try something else don’t we, otherwise we are in danger of stagnation and we certainly don’t want that to happen do we ??

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2984: Sep 09, 2022 10:12:33 am
      I think we will come out of this even stronger, for this is the lowest feeling I’ve had since Jürgen came in, so how must the lads feel, they know they were Sh*te, they know they let Jürgen down, they know they let us down, and perhaps more importantly they let themselves down, and as professional athletes that will hurt more than anything, or it should do !

We had a bad patch too in the 20/21 season, and we managed to stop the rot eventually.
      Just not sure we'll be able to bounce back fast enough to be challenging Citeh this season.
      Really hope we do, but we need to start turning the ship soon, like in the next few games. Cause won't be a light switch flic, back to top form.
      Jürgen mentioned rethink, so be interesting to see what he does, before when have had poor runs, he generally didn't change the way we played.

Regardless, will be behind Jürgen and the lads, they have done so much.
      Won't be calling them bottlers or anything like that, they've shown their character plenty of times.
      Lots of reasons we're where we are, and the players will be only to aware of their individual form and mistakes.
      Will see what the boss has in store for the weekend ...
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2985: Sep 09, 2022 10:23:10 am
      I don’t think any of us can explain that abysmal performance on Wednesday, Sh*t, I don’t think even Jürgen knows, all we can do is keep giving our support and perhaps even enhance it where possible, it’s not as if the boys set out to deliberately play like they did is it ?

Disagree with the last statement. It's the standard that they boys set for themselves and whether they want to uphold it.

To play the way Jürgen wants to play first involves a lot of running. You must first be willing to run and harass the enemy again and again, then make a precise pass to find your player, then run some more to receive the ball so that you can make the precise pass again.

Look at TAA's sloppy passes. I do not believe that his skills deteriorated, but more likely he became more casual in his approach. The same can be said of VVD. Mentally, you just decided that you will give only 80% because you are tired after so many seasons. In a team sport, if each player decides to give 80%, that will have a multiplier effect that causes calamity.

Stevie - he sets high standards for himself. Even when he slowed down and was less effective, he still bothered to fight. It's not about ability as at this level, it's a given. It's about the individual's willpower. And we are not talking about near retiring players like Milly, but players with years of football left.

The WUM would say maybe it's Jürgen's fault that players like TAA's football age is nearing retirement. Whatever it is, being sloppy or casual is a choice, whether deliberate or unintentional. If you have decided to let go, you will let go... as in many aspects of life.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2986: Sep 09, 2022 10:33:06 am
      Elliot and Fabio are not supposed to be regular first team players are they Jürgen is usually good at using young players gradually Trent maybe the exception.
      We can discuss this until the Cows come home but our squad is light on quality and experience and by experience, I mean 25/26 year olds at their peak. Lots of stuff about saying the players are no longer hearing the message and are complacent and maybe that is true to an extent.
      Whilst Sadio is missed that performance had nothing to do with him leaving. We can speculate all we want about what has been going on behind closed doors even to the mistake about Pep writing his book.
      Hard work and togetherness will see the lads through this and we all owe it to Jürgen especially the players to get behind him 100%.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,973 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2987: Sep 09, 2022 10:37:49 am
      You like to label yourself has some hard as nails and throw the label of snowflake around

I grew up in s.africa, we were driven out twice when i was young by gangs who the second time had sexually assaulted 2 females in the family, i was beaten to a near pulp and was in hospital for 4 months

When i was a teenager, we were carjacked with my mum being dragged out, i had to fight people off her and from a distance got shot at in the thigh, hospital for 5 weeks at that point, this was my life, fighting each day, fences and security constantly at home

We left s.africa in my early twenties, i know look after my sister who has early onset dementia, i know theres no research but the trauma of what she went through, i always suspect a link

And to top it off, my family are originally Palestinian so we have family undergoing a lot of hardship and stress

Theres your snowflake, you live a life as a poker player, you dont know what ive been through mate

My last post on the matter and then let’s get back on topic.

First of all I’m certainly not hard as nails I’m a soft Cnut truth be known.
      Secondly let me say it’s really disappointing reading your hardship when living in Africa I can only say I’m really sorry what you and your family have been through. I hope now living in Manchester your having a better life.

I can now understand why your a little paranoid when post like mine and many others strike a cord with you. We in England are trying to come to terms with the new norm and it certainly isn’t easy. All I ask in future reference just be a little more lenient when many of us get fed up of reading people moaning about the slightest of things as they’re moaning just for moaning sake and don’t have any credence in their argument.

I wish you the best and hope your having a better life in Chorlton.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2988: Sep 09, 2022 10:41:44 am
      Elliot and Fabio are not supposed to be regular first team players

Fabio I'll agree but if Elliott hadn't got injured last season he'd have likely had 30+ starts.

He's very much a first team player
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2989: Sep 09, 2022 12:15:31 pm
      One of the things Jürgen said the other day is that a high line is no risk IF we are pressing the opposition properly. What do you all see as different re our press so far this season? Surely it can't be all down to missing Sadio.

Quick Reply