Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Shrewsbury?

Adrián
      51 (61.4%)
      Neco Williams
      7 (8.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Yasser Larouci
      1 (1.2%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      8 (9.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      13 (15.7%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.2%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Jan 30, 2020 06:52:14 pm

Shrewsbury 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26976 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Re: Shrewsbury 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Jan 26, 2020 08:57:07 pm
      Our "Winter break"...( other teams will differ slightly)...will be between home game 1st Feb V Southampton..to..15th Feb away to Norwich.After that we go full pelt for Premier League and Champions League. The FA Cup is not a target this year.I'm sure Klopp thought Everton would knock us out and that would be that.

Because of today the replay will probably be Sat 8th or Sun 9th. Inevitably some senior  players won't play the next two league games..namely West Ham Away and Soton at home. So arguably they could play in the replay. But looks like the squad will be going for a warm weather light training break during the "winter break".

Neil Critchley will manage the replay. Might be some senior players will remain and play in the replay. Whatever is decided I would trust the boss to get the balance right. Personally I wouldn't want this to disrupt the boss in his pursuit of the League title and retaining the Champions League.

I've got a feeling the replay will be the midweek following the Southampton game or the midweek before Norwich, I don't think it will be played over weekend of 8th/9th imo.

Plus the fact the next round is set to be played midweek in March with no replays!!

Replay is Tuesday 4th 7.45 according to the BBC. So bound to be on the telly as well.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #323: Jan 26, 2020 09:01:15 pm
      Doesn't sit well with me this.

If we've got this attitude towards the Cup then we might as well not enter it and give our space to someone else.

We are not United! we turn up, albeit with the reserves but we turn up!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #324: Jan 26, 2020 09:04:50 pm
      I've got a feeling the replay will be the midweek following the Southampton game or the midweek before Norwich, I don't think it will be played over weekend of 8th/9th imo.

Plus the fact the next round is set to be played midweek in March with no replays!!

Replay is Tuesday 4th 7.45 according to the BBC. So bound to be on the telly as well.

Yes could be played Tuesday 4th Feb and the senior players involved could still fly out for the last 4/5 days of the break. Sure something can be worked out.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #325: Jan 26, 2020 09:04:57 pm

If the PL would move the West Ham home game from Monday the 24th to Saturday the 22nd you could play the replay on the 26th. I don't suppose Sky or the PL would allow that though. And then you start to see Klopp's argument a bit more...
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #326: Jan 26, 2020 09:07:18 pm
      It's all that bloody Love's fault..if he'd booted it out we would've lost 2-1...feckin' eejit....I mean Donny love...who walks round with a name like that FFS..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #327: Jan 26, 2020 09:23:13 pm
      Exactly and I feel exactly the same if we were that bothered about the possibility of a replay get the f**king thing won on the day . Before there is a meltdown I understand this wasnt his fault that the senior players were so bad but that's the gamble of playing second string I suppose. I still do not agree that some players need the two week break as much as others when they have played probably 1/4 the amount of others

I guess I will quit thinking about it. I think his hand will be forced here and yes, those senior players who played today bear a lot of responsibility. I have no trouble with the team selection and rather wish Salah and Firmino hadn't been subbed on at the end. But no point caring about something if the people involved don't care that much so I will just gear up for West Ham midweek and another step toward #19.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #328: Jan 26, 2020 09:23:20 pm
      Think the opposition have have a say in ticket prices
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #329: Jan 26, 2020 09:27:04 pm
      If the PL would move the West Ham home game from Monday the 24th to Saturday the 22nd you could play the replay on the 26th. I don't suppose Sky or the PL would allow that though. And then you start to see Klopp's argument a bit more...

Not when TV already rule the scheduling!! Sky losing their MNF game, not a chance :laugh:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #330: Jan 26, 2020 09:33:05 pm
      If Klopp doesn't want the replay, why not just retire from the competition, in fact why do we enter it in the first place.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #331: Jan 26, 2020 09:38:26 pm
      If Klopp doesn't want the replay, why not just retire from the competition, in fact why do we enter it in the first place.

Dont think we have ever got past this round have we under Klopp
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #332: Jan 26, 2020 09:40:25 pm
      Dont think we have ever got past this round have we under Klopp

No, he clearly doesn't care about this competition.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #333: Jan 26, 2020 09:40:32 pm
      Maybe a few of the senior players go and bang the managers door and ask to play? If I was Matip, Lovren or Keita i'd be busting for the minutes, same goes for Lallana. We'll have to see what happened. I hope they do because it seems most likely we are exiting the competition if it's purely the 23's.
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #334: Jan 26, 2020 09:46:55 pm

Obviously not a priority.Didn't even want him to bring on Mo and Bobby. We had a laugh at Ole for putting Rashford on then seeing him get injured and out for 6/8 weeks...not worth the risk.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,067 posts | 3434 
      Reply #335: Jan 26, 2020 09:59:41 pm

Bigger fish to fry

I have no doubt that if the manager played a strong and Bobby for example got injured then I would expect the normal reactionary fans to point fingers demanding to know Klopp would risk him etc - with you at the front
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #336: Jan 26, 2020 10:07:25 pm
      Have to say, don’t quite get klopp not being there for the replay...that’s kinda odd
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #337: Jan 26, 2020 10:32:45 pm
      Just got back home. Looks like Lovren submitted his transfer request this afternoon.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #338: Jan 26, 2020 10:37:04 pm

What ?!

It’s a mid season break and wants the players to be refreshed for the big sh*t - the league and CL , not the FA Cup

Nah this doesnt sit well with me at all. It's his job to manage the club in all competitions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #339: Jan 26, 2020 10:40:13 pm

Probably because of the shitstorm that would follow regarding devaluing the FA Cup.

Do you not remember the absolute sh*te Man Utd got from pulling out of the FA Cup to go play that World Club Championship in Brazil around 2000?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #340: Jan 26, 2020 10:42:27 pm
      Have to say, don’t quite get klopp not being there for the replay...that’s kinda odd

Basically he's doing the same thing what we did at Villa, sticking a big two-fingers up to the FA/Premier League after he was ordered not to go arranging any warm-weather friendly games during the winter's break when it was first mooted and he's F***ing sticking to it!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #341: Jan 26, 2020 10:44:34 pm
      F***ing embarassing and what the f**k is with the pitch invasion, bloody dangerous for the Liverpool players

Pisses me off when lower league clubs are allowed pitch invasions as some kind of laugh.

The only other thing the game confirmed to me is that VAR is useful and Dejan Lovren can be kept as some kind of muse for Mo Salah but shouldn't actually play games for us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #342: Jan 26, 2020 10:45:55 pm
      If Klopp really has adopted this stance then it is a bit arrogant to be fair. Theres no money in this cup but it doesnt mean we should be adopting this attitude towards it.

Cant be targeting only 2 trophies a season, I dont think this will fly with a lot of supporters and i think there may well be a change of heart on him not being there at least.

It is his job to be there, and it's our own fault we are having to replay the game.

He will get a lot of sh*t for this from a lot of quarters if he doesnt show up for the match.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #343: Jan 26, 2020 10:50:53 pm
      How can you have a winter break when there is a high chance of a competitive  game being played within it just dont get it
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #344: Jan 26, 2020 10:54:11 pm
      If Klopp really has adopted this stance then it is a bit arrogant to be fair. Theres no money in this cup but it doesnt mean we should be adopting this attitude towards it.

Cant be targeting only 2 trophies a season, I dont think this will fly with a lot of supporters and i think there may well be a change of heart on him not being there at least.

It is his job to be there, and it's our own fault we are having to replay the game.

He will get a lot of sh*t for this from a lot of quarters if he doesnt show up for the match.

I agree, wrong thing to say. Stupid really.

Quick Reply