Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Premier League 2020/21: Winners Man City

Read 110854 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Premier League 2020/21
      Reply #897: Dec 30, 2020 05:15:00 am
      If we lose to Newcastle we don't deserve to win the league.

Mancs are still sh*t.

Bit confused here Baz, one game! Even if you lose to Sheffield Unted doesn't mean a team doesn't deserve to win the league. Remember, the new norm won't last forever.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #898: Dec 30, 2020 05:21:44 am
      No injuries, seriously have Man Utd had any significant injuries so far this season?

We had our fair share last year and fingers crossed not as many this year all though still very much early days.. Some of you lads gone  into panic mode already.  :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #899: Dec 30, 2020 05:39:42 am
      Ruined my night too, especially a late winner

If I went by British media over the last 10 hours, United have already won the league.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #900: Dec 30, 2020 05:47:37 am
      United play grim stuff but win, we miss a lot of chances and our defence is make shift.

Title race on and we have some bad traits of injuries, soft core, not winning ugly and some real bad luck in games.
      We've yet to play them twice...... twice. They have Europe league,  they've yet to go away to city too. Just a bunch of good results. If you really think this United is capable of giving us a run for the money, then I would suggest you to take a breather, they are not there yet.

This year, first it was Chelsea, then Tottenham, now Mancs and Leicester, ;D. Yet we are number 1 with our first choice centre back pairing out.

And another thing, winning a title requires significant experience on highest level. Tell me except city, who got it in them to handle that f**king pressure??? none.

I still think city will finish 2nd behind us.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #901: Dec 30, 2020 06:58:36 am
      We've yet to play them twice...... twice. They have Europe league,  they've yet to go away to city too. Just a bunch of good results. If you really think this United is capable of giving us a run for the money, then I would suggest you to take a breather, they are not there yet.

This year, first it was Chelsea, then Tottenham, now Mancs and Leicester, ;D. Yet we are number 1 with our first choice centre back pairing out.

And another thing, winning a title requires significant experience on highest level. Tell me except city, who got it in them to handle that f**king pressure??? none.

I still think city will finish 2nd behind us.

At last  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Apart from you saying United lacking experience, we're  on the same page. City are and will be your No 1 challengers to the throne. I've not seen anything else to tell me otherwise.

Granted United are playing better but it isn't Premier league championship form. Not forgetting teams around continuing to drop points making us look better than what we actually are. It appears some of you fans think United are one  of the main rivals now.  ;D God I hope your right.

If Liverpool continued with the current side for the remaining games of the season then yes perhaps you may not win the league. However, that simply isn't going to happen. You'll have 3/4 of of the main players back and then steadily draw clear again, sad but true, least from my prospective it is. ;D

Seriously some of you need to chill, it's not even half way and panic stations drawing in.  :lmao:
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #902: Dec 30, 2020 07:26:14 am
      At last  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Apart from you saying United lacking experience, we're  on the same page. City are and will be your No 1 challengers to the throne. I've not seen anything else to tell me otherwise.

Granted United are playing better but it isn't Premier league championship form. Not forgetting teams around continuing to drop points making us look better than what we actually are. It appears some of you fans think United are one  of the main rivals now.  ;D God I hope your right.

If Liverpool continued with the current side for the remaining games of the season then yes perhaps you may not win the league. However, that simply isn't going to happen. You'll have 3/4 of of the main players back and then steadily draw clear again, sad but true, least from my prospective it is. ;D

Seriously some of you need to chill, it's not even half way and panic stations drawing in.  :lmao:

I'm talking about your current squad having no experience of a proper title race. Remember, it took us a Champions league final defeat to actually go to the next level. And on the other hand, ManU have just been eliminated from the group stages of CL, add another thing of getting weak results against top 6 sides, not a single win yet? I don't count Everton in that. Plus, when Bruno goes a bit off boil. Yea, he has been smashing them in this season, but even you know, that kind of return from an attacking midfielder is not feasible in the long run, unless ofcourse he breaks all records and stuff.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #903: Dec 30, 2020 09:33:07 am
      We had our fair share last year and fingers crossed not as many this year all though still very much early days.. Some of you lads gone  into panic mode already.  :lmao:

Nope not panic mode, just explaining why Man Utd are currently doing well, no major injuries, as opposed to most other teams.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #904: Dec 30, 2020 10:09:12 am
      Bit confused here Baz, one game! Even if you lose to Sheffield Unted doesn't mean a team doesn't deserve to win the league. Remember, the new norm won't last forever.

It would be loss to a rubbish team immediately after a draw with a rubbish team.

Title winning sides don't tend to do that.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #905: Dec 30, 2020 10:13:19 am
      Nope not panic mode, just explaining why Man Utd are currently doing well, no major injuries, as opposed to most other teams.

This is a big reason why, added to which they have been extremely lucky in some games like the jammy injury time deflection last night.

Injuries to Fernandes or Rashford they will struggle immediately.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #906: Dec 30, 2020 01:26:55 pm
      I'm talking about your current squad having no experience of a proper title race. Remember, it took us a Champions league final defeat to actually go to the next level. And on the other hand, ManU have just been eliminated from the group stages of CL, add another thing of getting weak results against top 6 sides, not a single win yet? I don't count Everton in that. Plus, when Bruno goes a bit off boil. Yea, he has been smashing them in this season, but even you know, that kind of return from an attacking midfielder is not feasible in the long run, unless ofcourse he breaks all records and stuff.

I don't really believe that current squad/inexperience thing with the top clubs. It's more obvious with the smaller clubs though. In my opinion the only reason why we never transgressed in CL was simply not good enough, especially tactically but that more down to Ole anyway.

Bruno been different gravy for the team and yeah totally agree if he wasn't in the team you can probably take 9/10 points off us. Like you say he will go through a baron patch as it's pretty much standard with most players no matter what standard you play at.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #907: Dec 30, 2020 01:33:57 pm

But are they? Like ive said I don't think it's championship form, more a case the standard not as good in the previous two years due to everything that's happened in 2020 etc etc.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #908: Dec 30, 2020 01:35:51 pm
      It would be loss to a rubbish team immediately after a draw with a rubbish team.

Title winning sides don't tend to do that.

Not often but can and will from time to time.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #909: Dec 30, 2020 02:16:09 pm
      Logic says they won't do it. They've got the Europa and a tough run in ( in their last 8 games they play Spurs, Leeds, Us, Leicester and Wolves. ) and the most important thing is we'll find our consistency eventually.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #910: Dec 30, 2020 04:13:31 pm
      Logic says they won't do it. They've got the Europa and a tough run in ( in their last 8 games they play Spurs, Leeds, Us, Leicester and Wolves. ) and the most important thing is we'll find our consistency eventually.

Agree, though i see them punting on the EL to increase their chances of top 4 finish. Granted, playing Sociedad in the next round they will probably be out anyway.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #911: Dec 30, 2020 04:17:05 pm
      playing Sociedad in the next round they will probably be out anyway.

Fingers crossed your right. Certainly won't be a bad thing that's for sure.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #912: Dec 30, 2020 04:47:07 pm
      Spurs Fulham is off to COVID
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #913: Dec 31, 2020 02:42:05 pm
      Utd play two games after we have played Villa in Cup and league with a 9 day rest for us
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #914: Dec 31, 2020 03:18:48 pm
      Cavani suspended for 3 games for his tweet. Just how pathetic is society these days?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #915: Dec 31, 2020 03:27:06 pm
      Cavani suspended for 3 games for his tweet. Just how pathetic is society these days?

It’s modern life. Full of hypocrisy and most people seem happy with that.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #916: Dec 31, 2020 03:27:24 pm

Shame he will be eligible for our game
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #917: Dec 31, 2020 03:44:47 pm
      Shame he will be eligible for our game

So Carabao and FA games count towards the 3? bummer if that is the case as he only misses 1 league game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #918: Dec 31, 2020 04:29:27 pm
      It’s modern life. Full of hypocrisy and most people seem happy with that.

They call them snowflakes  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #919: Dec 31, 2020 04:29:57 pm
      So Carabao and FA games count towards the 3? bummer if that is the case as he only misses 1 league game.

You sound worried.  ;D

Quick Reply