Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villa?

Adrián
      6 (7.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      15 (17.9%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.2%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      49 (58.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (8.3%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Oct 08, 2020 09:09:40 pm

Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30453 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Oct 04, 2020 09:35:04 pm
      We're not signing anyone tomorrow mate.

Out of interest was Adrian that bad as I didn't see a minute of the game?

He was mate yeah

Not only the fact he puts us on the back foot in the first few minutes he doesnt inspire confidence of those in front of him and if you're playing a high line like we do you need a proactive keeper who's good with his feet which he just isn't

Wasnt the only one tonight but yeah utter sh*te
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #806: Oct 04, 2020 09:35:09 pm
      Thank f**k that’s over. That is up there with the worst performances I’ve ever seen. School boy mistakes all over the park, it was embarrassing. I give us plenty of praise and credit when we perform well but f**k me they deserve some f**king criticism after that. Don’t want to hear any bullshit about we should have had a penalty or their goals were deflections because they created not one, not two but about six clear cut chances that they could have easily taken tonight. No exaggeration that could have been 12 or 13 that. It was f**king pathetic.

Adrian - 1/10. Absolute sh*te. I have a soft spot for Adrian. He’s come here knowing his place as a backup goalie and he’s done fairly well in some games for us but that was sh*te from him. Can’t even pass a ball five yards (which he should have cleared in the first place) and gifted them a goal in the first five mins. Don’t think he got anywhere near any of their goals either. Only thing he did well was saving a 1 on 1 in the second half. Just proper sh*t from him today.

Trent - 3/10. All over the f**king place defending wise. Thought he did ok on the ball in the first half. Second half non existent. Sh*te.

Gomez - 1/10. He was at fault or played a huge part in at least three villa goals. Absolute sh*te from him too. He’s been sh*te for a while actually.

Robertson - 7/10. I don’t think he did much wrong. Don’t blame him for any of the goals. Got forward well and was largely involved in our attacks, especially first half. I gave him motm despite mo’s two goals.

Fabinho - 2/10 f**k me. I said in the last post match thread I don’t think I’ve ever seen fabinho have a sh*t game for us but there it was tonight. Ross Barkley for fucks sake running circles around him. So unlike Fabinho.

Keita - 2/10. Sh*te. Went hiding. Didn’t get involved. Passed the ball from A to B but never got a grip the midfield and the game just passed him by.

Gini - 2/10. Same as above. Sh*te. He’s known for going missing in these type of games. Away from home when the going gets tough. Tonight was another example.

Salah - 7/10. Along with robbo, only player who can take any sort of credit from tonight. Scored two goals. He did his job.

Jota - 4/10. Thought he had a decent first half but got lost in the second.

Bobby - 0/10. Garbage. Needs dropping. He’s the only striker in world football who doesn’t get criticised for his lack of goals. And he’s playing for the best team in the world. It never used to bother me if he went on a dry spell because his work off the ball and his involvement in our attacks he was there to see, but you don’t even notice him any more, he literally stands around doing nothing. Couple of times in the first half were the ball fell to him nicely and he bottled his chances. He was sh*te....once again.

Minamino - 3/10. Tried to get involved but was like a headless chicken.

Jones & Milner - 4/10. Didn’t have long enough to make any sort of impact.

Absolute sh*te game. I’m fuming. Disappointed. Gutted. Just sh*te. Forget this and move on. Now.

A big performance against those f**king divvys across the park is a must.

Did anyone expect anything from Minamino? He’s so lightweight! The whole F***ing team was awful except (as you quite rightly state) Robertson and Salah.

We will never live this result down, Klopp will be in shock
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #807: Oct 04, 2020 09:35:20 pm
      So our lads are human..

That performance is unexplainable. Maybe its being coming, maybe its a freak, either way its a hiding. What it can do is show the group that if your not on it you will be punished by any team, so be on it all the time. It might be a longterm good thing.

Either way think tonight shows we need a keeper in and ideally another centre half
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #808: Oct 04, 2020 09:35:38 pm
      Adrian wasn't that bad.

He was worse.

Career ending performance
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #809: Oct 04, 2020 09:36:25 pm

Made a bad mistake on 4 mins.
      But this might not be popular, but I don't think he was the worst after that.
      Literally cannot believe how bad Gomez was.
      Bob was awful too, just passing it to them, did zilch.
      Fab, TAA etc. also inexplicably poor.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #810: Oct 04, 2020 09:36:44 pm
      Thank f**k that’s over. That is up there with the worst performances I’ve ever seen. School boy mistakes all over the park, it was embarrassing. I give us plenty of praise and credit when we perform well but f**k me they deserve some f**king criticism after that. Don’t want to hear any bullshit about we should have had a penalty or their goals were deflections because they created not one, not two but about six clear cut chances that they could have easily taken tonight. No exaggeration that could have been 12 or 13 that. It was f**king pathetic.

Adrian - 1/10. Absolute sh*te. I have a soft spot for Adrian. He’s come here knowing his place as a backup goalie and he’s done fairly well in some games for us but that was sh*te from him. Can’t even pass a ball five yards (which he should have cleared in the first place) and gifted them a goal in the first five mins. Don’t think he got anywhere near any of their goals either. Only thing he did well was saving a 1 on 1 in the second half. Just proper sh*t from him today.

Trent - 3/10. All over the f**king place defending wise. Thought he did ok on the ball in the first half. Second half non existent. Sh*te.

Gomez - 1/10. He was at fault or played a huge part in at least three villa goals. Absolute sh*te from him too. He’s been sh*te for a while actually.

Robertson - 7/10. I don’t think he did much wrong. Don’t blame him for any of the goals. Got forward well and was largely involved in our attacks, especially first half. I gave him motm despite mo’s two goals.

Fabinho - 2/10 f**k me. I said in the last post match thread I don’t think I’ve ever seen fabinho have a sh*t game for us but there it was tonight. Ross Barkley for fucks sake running circles around him. So unlike Fabinho.

Keita - 2/10. Sh*te. Went hiding. Didn’t get involved. Passed the ball from A to B but never got a grip the midfield and the game just passed him by.

Gini - 2/10. Same as above. Sh*te. He’s known for going missing in these type of games. Away from home when the going gets tough. Tonight was another example.

Salah - 7/10. Along with robbo, only player who can take any sort of credit from tonight. Scored two goals. He did his job.

Jota - 4/10. Thought he had a decent first half but got lost in the second.

Bobby - 0/10. Garbage. Needs dropping. He’s the only striker in world football who doesn’t get criticised for his lack of goals. And he’s playing for the best team in the world. It never used to bother me if he went on a dry spell because his work off the ball and his involvement in our attacks he was there to see, but you don’t even notice him any more, he literally stands around doing nothing. Couple of times in the first half were the ball fell to him nicely and he bottled his chances. He was sh*te....once again.

Minamino - 3/10. Tried to get involved but was like a headless chicken.

Jones & Milner - 4/10. Didn’t have long enough to make any sort of impact.

Absolute sh*te game. I’m fuming. Disappointed. Gutted. Just sh*te. Forget this and move on. Now.

A big performance against those f**king divvys across the park is a must.

Spot on but would rate Jota a little higher thought he worked hard all game and created a couple of chances second half.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #811: Oct 04, 2020 09:37:01 pm
      Spot on but would rate Jota a little higher though he worked hard all game and created a couple of chances second half.

Nah he was sh*te too
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #812: Oct 04, 2020 09:37:45 pm
      Robbo: "Aston Villa won every competition on the pitch, and when that happens you're never going to win a game of football.....we were well short today, well below par."

Agree, feck tactics, when players literally just don't play, what difference is any tactic gonna make
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #813: Oct 04, 2020 09:39:06 pm

It was just a schoolboy error that gave then their first and while it doesn't exonerate others for their mistakes through the match, it HAS to affect the rest of the team. It's not the first time. I've defended him consistently, talking about how he shouldn't be compared to Alisson, etc., but it's a pattern now. It's one thing if he doesn't have the command or the range or reflexes or distribution of Ali, but you want to at least rely on your backup not to create goals for the opposition out of nothing.

It's not like there is some teaching point he's never had during his career where he's like "OH, I didn't know I shouldn't hit it to the opposition in our 18. That's me sorted then." - The club must have plenty of dossiers on competent keepers they could sign as a backup on loan on short notice. It's worth the effort to do it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #814: Oct 04, 2020 09:39:10 pm
      He was mate yeah

Not only the fact he puts us on the back foot in the first few minutes he doesnt inspire confidence of those in front of him and if you're playing a high line like we do you need a proactive keeper who's good with his feet which he just isn't

Wasnt the only one tonight but yeah utter sh*te

That's my worry with him from other games mate.

He's terrible with the ball and doesn't inspire any confidence in the back four.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #815: Oct 04, 2020 09:39:42 pm
      Been lording it too much since Lockdown and being early Champions? Not been right at all 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #816: Oct 04, 2020 09:39:54 pm
      Spot on but would rate Jota a little higher thought he worked hard all game and created a couple of chances second half.

Agree his work rate was better than most.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #817: Oct 04, 2020 09:40:39 pm
      Robbo: "Aston Villa won every competition on the pitch, and when that happens you're never going to win a game of football.....we were well short today, well below par."

Honest as always from Robbo. Our only decent player along with Mo tonight. He must be fuming at the players.

Once Alisson, Thiago, Hendo, and Mane are back we will be a different animal entirely.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #818: Oct 04, 2020 09:42:25 pm
      I predicted a 4-1 win to us, I guess we really want Solskjaer to stay at United! ;D

We were missing Mane, Henderson, Thiago and Alisson to be fair, which is a big blow, but we were very poor today and Villa knew exactly what to do with that to earn themselves a very deserved victory. I think it is a freak result that we won't see often and we shouldn't overreact but we do need to be better after the break. Regardless of the result, we're still champions and we're still way ahead of everyone else in the league, we just had a sh*t day at the office and we'll make sure to learn from the mistakes.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #819: Oct 04, 2020 09:42:38 pm
      Once Alisson, Thiago, Hendo, and Mane are back we will be a different animal entirely.

And hopefully no covid after effects
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #820: Oct 04, 2020 09:42:48 pm

What ever u do mate, don’t bother watching the highlowlights! It will make you sick and you might just want to smash the TV!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #821: Oct 04, 2020 09:43:28 pm
      Klopp has plenty to answer I mean even on 90 mins trying to play them offside FFS brainless doesn’t come close.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #822: Oct 04, 2020 09:44:09 pm
      Agree, feck tactics, when players literally just don't play, what difference is any tactic gonna make

That's great and everything and you know ahit happens and we were well beaten. Ita forgivable.

What isn't forgivable (still havent heard a reason for it) is that nobody on or off the pitch saw fit to kill the game at 5-2 6-2 or 7-2 but continued on a self destruct mission to keep pushing high up the pitch.

I'd consider Robbo Milner and Virgil as the 3 players most likely to put an end to the charade but on it went. It was the most bizarre thing I think I've  ever seen and in the end I was like Carragher almost laughing at it.

It was like a bad joke to be honest I thought at one point I was genuinely dreaming.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #823: Oct 04, 2020 09:44:30 pm
      Did anyone expect anything from Minamino? He’s so lightweight! The whole F***ing team was awful except (as you quite rightly state) Robertson and Salah.

We will never live this result down, Klopp will be in shock

This defeat won't even be remembered by the end of the season most likely.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,016 posts | 228 
      Reply #824: Oct 04, 2020 09:44:35 pm
      my mate at work a manure fan, i ribbed him hard today my phone has not stopped ringing  :mad:

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,545 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #825: Oct 04, 2020 09:45:10 pm
      I think you can get the worlds greatest defenders but if you plonk them on the half way line constantly it's a struggle.

Against Everton I dont particularly care if we win lose or draw to be honest. I want to see us put in a proper football performance. Keep our shape. We are the away team going into a derby.

No harm whatsoever in having a football match rather than fifa.

Don't care if we win lose or draw. Possibly the most laughable thing I have ever seen on here
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,701 posts | 1656 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #826: Oct 04, 2020 09:45:11 pm
      I'm not sure if I dare come in here tonight  :o
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA