Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      6 (11.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.9%)
       Fabinho
      9 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (31.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      8 (15.7%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:46 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31159 times
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Jan 21, 2021 10:13:39 pm
      I’m just glad we won title last season cos we won’t be lifting that trophy again for a while.....
      We need a total shake up and start benching players not in form. Sorry to say but some players not up to scratch no matter how long we give them too or could just being played out of position like Ox.  Need Jota back ASAP. Need to move the ball quicker and maybe shoot earlier rather passing side to side or crossing to no-one. This result really hurts because there’s no positives I can take from it. Playing sh*te predicable football and being beaten by a bunch of cloggers. Rant over, off to bed.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #576: Jan 21, 2021 10:13:52 pm
      18 crosses from Trent not one complete, woeful.

Why is Jürgen still picking him?looks like he can't be arsed,jogging back,slowing the play down and not even beating the first man when crossing.Milly will defo play on sunday.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #577: Jan 21, 2021 10:14:10 pm
      We are 6 points off the top with 57 points remaining in play. Anyone who thinks we're out of the title challenge can f**k right off and go put on an Everton shirt, miserable, ungrateful fucks.

Everton who if they win their two games in hand will be ahead of us? That Everton?

It's not about points, we don't have it in us to win the league this year it's clear to see, I pray I am wrong but I don't care about the title right now, I just want us winning again!
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #578: Jan 21, 2021 10:14:18 pm
      Exactly, I'm off.

Believers to doubters.

Suck my cock you fair weather f**king pricks, you come on here every f**king blue moon when things get slightly f**king dark and revel in it. You f***in melts, if I met you in the pub I'd f***in wreck you you little f**king c**t.

To the rest of you lads and ladies I bid you adieu and I'll see yas tomorra.

F**k THE cu*ts!!

Relax my man. Oppos love sh*t like this. I thought it from the start, this season is not football but sparring. We're still a great team, and next season when the crowds are back we'll be 95+ points team once again.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #579: Jan 21, 2021 10:14:44 pm
      This isn't an excuse...

We've been playing unbelievably poorly compared to what we can play like, and imho that was the worst yet because the opposition was so limited.

But NOTHING is going our way either. No luck, nothing is dropping for us, not decisions, no deflections.
      Again, not an excuse, but sometimes when your playing bad, a shot goes in off someones back, or their keeper makes a mistake, or you get a handball decision - nada.

Anyway, we move. Surely can be only uphill from here :)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #580: Jan 21, 2021 10:15:03 pm
      Thats the hard run of games out of the way. Easier games coming up. Well get back at it then
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #581: Jan 21, 2021 10:15:05 pm
      Likes of Keita and Hendo missed tonight still should have had enough bereft of confidence after the first third of each half just look devoid of any new ideas or change how we attack
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #582: Jan 21, 2021 10:17:02 pm
      Been playing the same style for 4 years now, I think the competition have sussed us out. Need a change in the way we are playing, all too predictable, give the ball to Trent or Robbo who fire in aimless crosses.
      Rinse and repeat.

Need more from our midfielders.

Oh and Trent needs dropping.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #583: Jan 21, 2021 10:17:35 pm
      I see the everything is rosy crowd are out in force this evening.

Jürgen has some big questions to answer, 4 games without a goal and now a home defeat to Burnley, we could have played all night and wouldn’t have scored.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #584: Jan 21, 2021 10:18:23 pm
      Pretty much where I am at the moment bunch of f**king entitled keyboard warriors. F**k of the lot of you your an embarrassment to the spirit and ethos of this club.

I react this way to any loss Believe me, I hate being a sore loser but unfortunately I am.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #585: Jan 21, 2021 10:19:09 pm
      This isn't an excuse...

We've been playing unbelievably poorly compared to what we can play like, and imho that was the worst yet because the opposition was so limited.

But NOTHING is going our way either. No luck, nothing is dropping for us, not decisions, no deflections.
      Again, not an excuse, but sometimes when your playing bad, a shot goes in off someones back, or their keeper makes a mistake, or you get a handball decision - nada.

Sorry mate but is can definitely go further downhill from here on tonight's evidence.

We just need to make sure we finish top 4 or we'll be in trouble this Summer with certain players wanting to leave.

A club like ours that does not have infinite money to spend can go backwards very quickly. We need to show character now and make sure that absolutely does not happen.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #586: Jan 21, 2021 10:19:22 pm
      I see the everything is rosy crowd are out in force this evening.

Jürgen has some big questions to answer, 4 games without a goal and now a home defeat to Burnley, we could have played all night and wouldn’t have scored.

Nobody but nobody on here thinks all is rosy. Some however realise that with 19 games to go you dont give up
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #587: Jan 21, 2021 10:19:31 pm
      Been feeling like sh*t for a while, life really is getting on top of me. The one thing that has been constant is this club. It means so much to me at a time I feel so low, lonely, lost and sad. This current runs ldn't helping bit we could never win another game and it wouldn't change the way I feel about this club. I am at a total loss to explain this run after the last 2 incredible years. Rest assured I will be cheering on the boys on sunday
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #588: Jan 21, 2021 10:19:34 pm
      Sorry to say it but I put this on Klopp, he is failing to motivate the players, then again when you start Origi what do you expect, just look at how busy Minamino was when he came on.

Salah and Bobby looked good for about 5 minutes after coming on then returned to slow predictable play.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #589: Jan 21, 2021 10:19:51 pm
      This isn't an excuse...

Agree with this. I was only saying to my youngest, if we didn't have bad luck we'd have none.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #590: Jan 21, 2021 10:21:11 pm
      Been playing the same style for 4 years now,

Look at City. They play 5 years like that and still succeed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #591: Jan 21, 2021 10:21:14 pm
      Been feeling like sh*t for a while, life really is getting on top of me. The one thing that has been constant is this club. It means so much to me at a time I feel so low, lonely, lost and sad. This current runs ldn't helping bit we could never win another game and it wouldn't change the way I feel about this club. I am at a total loss to explain this run after the last 2 incredible years. Rest assured I will be cheering on the boys on sunday

Chin up mate, there will be better times.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #592: Jan 21, 2021 10:21:35 pm
      I like Klopp, I think he's a very good manager, and on times, probably one of the very best I've ever seen LFC have, but...it seems to me, if we lose so much as a single player (well, give or take) from his well-drilled first XI, we look lost. That's worrying. Lose Alisson and we are in trouble, lose Virgil, in trouble, lose Trent, we lose a lot in our attacking build-up play, lose Hendo, and people start saying "that's what Hendo gives us when he plays", lose any one of our front three, and we look disjointed. So losing four players tells me I shouldn't be surprised. But I can't help wondering if there is more to it than that. Klopp has a plan that relies on all first-team XI being fit and being played. Once you lose one or two of that XI, it starts looking bad.

Interesting observation, certainly worth a debate.

Think investment comes into that as well as the manager's style. Klopp turned a mid table side into one of English football's best ever on such a limited budget. The net spend numbers are crazy when you look at them. The consequence is we've got a smaller core than the likes of City who can obviously drop big sums on players that'll sit on the bench and rotate. When you get the injuries we've had it knocks us off more than it would them and even United to a degree. Look at the Southampton and the United games were Klopp didn't have any faith in his subs at all.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #593: Jan 21, 2021 10:21:41 pm
      Sorry to say it but I put this on Klopp, he is failing to motivate the players, then again when you start Origi what do you expect, just look at how busy Minamino was when he came on.

Salah and Bobby looked good for about 5 minutes after coming on then returned to slow predictable play.

Cant understand his refusal to try something new. Basically swaped players into the same system when its the system thats failing
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 116 
      Reply #594: Jan 21, 2021 10:22:28 pm
      Why is Jürgen still picking him?looks like he can't be arsed,jogging back,slowing the play down and not even beating the first man when crossing.Milly will defo play on sunday.

TAA has no real competition for the position. Millie fills in when needed but the lads not being pushed for his place. And from what I've seen Robbo doesn't have any real competition either. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #595: Jan 21, 2021 10:23:09 pm
      Look at City. They play 5 years like that and still succeed.

Their midfield contributes so much more than ours with skilful interplay.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #596: Jan 21, 2021 10:23:39 pm

Plussed you by mistake.

Don't worry dude. Hope this is all just temporary.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #597: Jan 21, 2021 10:24:02 pm
      Cant understand his refusal to try something new. Basically swaped players into the same system when its the system thats failing

Agree.

F***ing grim stuff. If I have to see one more aimless cross go into the box I'll through my laptop out the window.

Not matter how you dress it up we're in a dire run of form that I can't see a way out of without a drastic rethink on how we're playing.

And it wad a penalty all day long. Anyone  saying otherwise needs to take the red tinted glasses off.

Quick Reply