Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson Becker
      8 (13.8%)
      Neco Williams
      2 (3.4%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1.7%)
      Nat Phillips
      8 (13.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      15 (25.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.7%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      11 (19%)
       Fabinho
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Mar 11, 2021 03:54:05 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30675 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Mar 07, 2021 10:41:18 pm
      Lots of people blaming Jürgen

How about his back room f**king staff that were quick to get interviewed when we became Champions.

WTF are they doing?

Are they suggesting different tactics, methods, formations to Jürgen or they just saying you are the Boss, what you say goes!!!

I'm so f**king depressed, sat here at work in the f**king office on a Public Holiday and just can't stop the tears from welling up!

It's a really bad run but Jürgen has enough credit in the bank with the vast majority I reckon.

It's frustrating and depressing all the same, no doubt about that - but just have to weather it and hope the group can turn it around sooner rather than later.

Not just Jürgen - the players have to be looking at their OWN performances - bottom line, a LOT of them are simply not good enough.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #760: Mar 07, 2021 10:43:53 pm
      It's a really bad run but Jürgen has enough credit in the bank with the vast majority I reckon.

It's frustrating and depressing all the same, no doubt about that - but just have to weather it and hope the group can turn it around sooner rather than later.

Not just Jürgen - the players have to be looking at their OWN performances - bottom line, a LOT of them are simply not good enough.

I know we will come good matey, it's just waiting for that time to happen is soul destroying!

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #761: Mar 07, 2021 10:50:07 pm

😂 sorry don’t work for the owners or the club , I have to pay them each year for my ST

;D @ me and my ST
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #762: Mar 07, 2021 10:53:38 pm
      Quote from Redangel
      Sadly, that’s human nature, we need to herd when we lose because we need to find reasons/ excuses for the loss. When we win we’re much happier to just accept what’s happened.

Forums always thrive on negativity, be it football or other topics. It's like buying something in a shop. You don't thank the seller for having it available, you only say something when there's something wrong with it. It's not fair, but losing games and points always brings out the armageddon crowd amongst us, that sit there for days/weeks/months hoping things go wrong, so when they do, out they pop out of the woodwork. It doesn't help anyone though. They just wind the rest of us up, and the team is still no better off.

Quote from UncleBob
      I’m getting addictive to us losing now. I can’t really explain it.

We look like a relegated team with nothing to play for.
      If city win today we are the same points away from them as we are from WBA in 19th.

We look lifeless. Defeated. Void of any passion or fight.
      From the greatest season (points wise) to arguably the most embarrassing.
      No idea what’s gone wrong.

A fair amount of those posts tbh.

This is not our most embarrassing season. We've been hanging around the relegation zone before, we've even gone down in years gone by. It doesn't really get much more embarrassing than that. 10 years ago we were in the bottom half of the table with a 9 point administration deduction staring us in the face, and an expert in charge. An expert in securing 13th place football, that is.

City didn't win, so you can throw that script in the bin. What script you can't throw in the bin, is that we have scored one first half goal in the last twelve league games. So it's not just homesickness we're suffering from. More from you in a minute.

Quote from Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      Salah, Mane, and Bob will all be 30 next season. Klopps style is demanding and takes its toll on guys. Gini, Robbo, and TAA are running on empty atm.

Milner is still motm in games in his mid thirties. Messi and Ronaldo are still scoring 50 goals a year. Ibrahimovic is still scoring every week and he's almost 40. Players are so well looked after these days, that 30 is not a retirement age anymore.

Quote from UncleBob
      It’s just how I feel. Its nothing to do with the injuries or lack of pre season, it’s that it doesn’t appeal to me how it is.
      Even little things like not having 5 or 6 games all at 3pm kick off on a Saturday.
      Live radio sounds awful with either no crowd effect or with it. Live games all look flat.

I don’t even know who we play next in the league. That’s how appealing it is to me.

It's Wolves on a Monday night. I'm sure it will appeal to Jota, if no one else.

If there's any fun left of this season, let's see who can come up with the most stupid, idiotic, laughable, ludicrous excuse for why this season is turning out the way the way it is, not necessarily club related either. We've had all the usual ones for the past 6 months, that we need to find new ones. Special mention to the "training games with cameras", but not quite as impressive as "the team can't go out for their dinner" as suggested on LFCTV during the week. However "not having 5 or 6 games at 3pm on a Saturday" is going to be hard to outdo. This is not March 1971, it's March 2021 and big clubs don't play at 3pm on a Saturday anymore, crowds or no crowds. We have played one game at that time since February 2020, which we didn't win.

Quote from fields of anny rd
      The worry now is the effect that will have on next season. Jürgen already marked our cards by saying it won't affect players coming in or the ones here from staying. If thats true then no harm done.

At the moment we look like missing out on europa too and if thats the case, in horse racing terms we would be well treated going into next season on old form.

That can go one of 2 ways the following season. Either mount a title challenge as in 2014, or end up with Kenny sacked as in 2012. I'm certainly not convinced it helps us very much.

Whichever way it does go, if we're not in the top 4, you can forget about Jürgen getting his main targets this summer. What you can't forget is how many will abandon ship because we don't have it, aided by owners who will be more than willing to sell off the jewels in the crown at the first wave of a chequebook, and get them off the wagebill.

Anyway, to the game itself. Time was when as league champions, we could beat them 10-0 at home in the cup. Today, it was simply a miserable 2 hours of our lives that we'll never get back. 
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #763: Mar 07, 2021 11:38:38 pm
      whats absolutely mental, we made 7 changes and the game was basically identical to all the recent shitshows. i cant remember there ever being a run like this, where not only do we fail to score, we can barely create a chance. Never do you think we will score. its absolutely staggering. yet again today, their keeper has to make what, one decent save?  frightening fall this....

It’s a frightening fall because of the heights we have reached.
      Klopp turned us into giants. And we have to believe he can do it again.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #764: Mar 07, 2021 11:50:59 pm

This is not our most embarrassing season.

If there's any fun left of this season, let's see who can come up with the most stupid, idiotic, laughable, ludicrous excuse for why this season is turning out the way the way it is, not necessarily club related either. We've had all the usual ones for the past 6 months, that we need to find new ones. Special mention to the "training games with cameras", but not quite as impressive as "the team can't go out for their dinner" as suggested on LFCTV during the week. However "not having 5 or 6 games at 3pm on a Saturday" is going to be hard to outdo. This is not March 1971, it's March 2021 and big clubs don't play at 3pm on a Saturday anymore, crowds or no crowds. We have played one game at that time since February 2020, which we didn't win.

It’s more embarrassing than 10 years ago because back then we hadn’t won the league and world title the season before. This is a monumental collapse.

And the 3pm Saturday kick off times isn’t me coming up with an excuse for Liverpool, it’s one of the reasons I personally have lost interest in football since covid. I used to love Saturday afternoons at work or at home watching sky sports. Seeing the league table change every few minutes.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #765: Mar 08, 2021 12:04:43 am
      It’s more embarrassing than 10 years ago because back then we hadn’t won the league and world title the season before. This is a monumental collapse.

I'm not embarrassed, couldn't give a sh*t what other supporters think.

Am just gutted watching the lads and for Jürgen right now.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #766: Mar 08, 2021 12:15:07 am

Yeah it’s horrible. I can only imagine the glee of other teams supporters right now. The run we are on is extraordinary.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #767: Mar 08, 2021 12:27:31 am
      HScRed making claims he can’t support? Would anyone expect anything different?
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #768: Mar 08, 2021 12:29:37 am

It is gut wrenching and completely puzzling how it happened so suddenly.

People came to Anfield knowing they were in for a beating and now they come in knowing they can get a clean sheet and the 3 points.

The players truly owe it to the boss and everyone associated with the team a look in the mirror, an apology and a commitment to do more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #769: Mar 08, 2021 12:40:55 am
      Caleta-Car from Marseille seemed to be Klopps preferred choice but of course we wouldn’t stump up the asking price!

I heard they wanted the money up front but the cheap skates wouldn’t oblige.

Completely wrong, Marseille blocked the transfer as they didn't have enough time to bring in a replacement. The player's gf was posting on instagram that they were moving, the deal was done.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #770: Mar 08, 2021 04:21:32 am
      Completely wrong, Marseille blocked the transfer as they didn't have enough time to bring in a replacement. The player's gf was posting on instagram that they were moving, the deal was done.

Dodged a bullet as far as I’m concerned. Seen him plenty for the NT to know he would struggle with the speed of the PL ala Kabak with better aerial presence.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #771: Mar 08, 2021 06:15:24 am

Surprise surprise, they couldn't a find a replacement on deadline day.

Our amazing owners left it until deadline day! You couldn't make it up.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #772: Mar 08, 2021 07:00:48 am
      Damn, it wasn’t just a nightmare
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #773: Mar 08, 2021 07:55:07 am

The gf posted?

You sure there is a girlfriend we all remember the Alexi Sanchez deal being turned down because his wife wanted to live in London, turned out he wasn’t married 🤣

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #774: Mar 08, 2021 07:58:20 am
      Who the f**k are you to be questioning Klopp's integrity and suggest he's only here for the money now? The man couldn't bury his own mother a few weeks ago and we've got posters suggesting he's a sh*te man 'with no integrity'. Absolute shitbag of a post that.

The man took us from mid table mediocrity, won us the two biggest trophies in the world, made us World Champions and here we are at the first crisis and you can't wait for him to be gone. Bet you're the type that would call him a coward if he walked.

F***ing ridiculous.

;D, I think you might be twisting my meaning a little bit there or perhaps you don't understand English very well.

I'm not actually questioning Klopp's integrity, it's just a phrase that means that most managers would at this point point realise that their time is up and move on gracefully.

Whilst I will always hold Klopp in the highest regard for what he achieved with us, much as I do Rafa for 2005, it does not give him a free pass to embarrass the club with 6, yes 6, straight home defeats. Its not just down to injuries and fatigue, its utterly pathetic. Any other club would have already fired a manager under performing this badly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #775: Mar 08, 2021 08:02:52 am
      If you had any integrity you would leave the forum once and for all.

For stating an opinion in a FORUM? ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #776: Mar 08, 2021 08:02:56 am
      That grass isn’t always greener - plus what happened to ‘YNWA’

Just need to get behind Klopp and the team - I’m sure we’ll get through this
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #777: Mar 08, 2021 08:04:43 am
      Lots of people blaming Jürgen

How about his back room f**king staff that were quick to get interviewed when we became Champions.

WTF are they doing?

Are they suggesting different tactics, methods, formations to Jürgen or they just saying you are the Boss, what you say goes!!!

I'm so f**king depressed, sat here at work in the f**king office on a Public Holiday and just can't stop the tears from welling up!

and who is the manager of that backroom staff, who picked them?? You are on the right lines though, its more than just Klopp at fault, but it all leads back to him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #778: Mar 08, 2021 08:10:29 am
      That grass isn’t always greener - plus what happened to ‘YNWA’

Just need to get behind Klopp and the team - I’m sure we’ll get through this

Was the grass greener when we replaced Evans with Houllier, YES

Was the grass greener when we replaced Houllier with Rafa, YES

Was the grass greener when we replaced Roy with Brendan, YES

Was the grass greener when we placed Brendan with Jürgen, YES

So actually yeah, the grass is almost always greener when you are in a complete rut like we are now.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #779: Mar 08, 2021 08:41:41 am
      For stating an opinion in a FORUM? ;D

No, for being an utter spineless heinous c**t. You have nothing that resembles the ethos of this club. Matter of fact your a unique degenerate I’ve met 100s of reds in person and online and you truly are something.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #780: Mar 08, 2021 08:57:50 am
      I wasn’t going to bother posting in this thread today because quite honestly I’m sick and tired of all the f***in bullshit , we are all supposed to be in this together, we are all supposed to SUPPORT our club through thick and thin, and this is a really thin time right now, so where the F**k is our Support?

We can all have opinions some of which we will agree on some we won’t, but all I’m seeing is vitriol, ott criticism and to a point even hatred,

Everybody on here has their own thoughts or ideas to what has gone wrong for us this season, we all know the main cause, there are no easy solutions to any of it, not even Jürgen has the answer, hence our continued downfall, there is absolutely no point in blaming individuals, this is a collective problem, and only collective teamwork will get us out of it,

Problem is that some of the aforementioned team are not at their optimum or are nigh on spent physically, we are still missing our key components & leadership, and together with no home support which we rely on for spirit and atmosphere has rendered us weak and easy to overcome.

I don’t blame Jürgen for trying a different set up yesterday, I only wish he’d started how it finished, Fulham deserved their win, I have no issues with that, but we did make them look good, we had our chances albeit minimally, and but for Mo’s F**k up it could have turned out differently, up to that point we kept them out, that may seem strange to say such a thing but considering it was yet another make shift back line it’s true,

The changes Jürgen made should have been made at HT, there was a different feel to the game when he made them but of course time was the enemy by then and it just didn’t happen for us again,

I mentioned yesterday that I think Jürgen may have conceded any hopes of top 4, I also think he doesn’t fancy Europa Thursday’s & late Sunday’s, I might be wrong here but I think he’s already planning for next season, even if it is without any European football, unless we’re reigning Champions, and I sort of get it, he knows he won’t have his best team for the remainder of this season, he knows it’s pretty much 12 dead rubber games we will only be involved in, so why risk any more Key components to further injury, so it’s possible we may see more starting X1’s like we did yesterday, but again is there method in his madness, is he in fact giving those who normally wouldn’t play the chance to show their potential, we will see if that’s true V Wolves next time out,

Getting back to our supposed support on these board’s, well it isn’t support is it let’s be honest, it’s not supporting our manager when your calling for his head, it’s not support when you are constantly and consistently slating him for everything he does or try’s or doesn’t try, it’s not support when your constantly putting the boot in for not playing this player or that player, some of you need to take a good long hard look at yourselves and ask , am I really a supporter of this club, you know who you are....

Brown 1
      Mmmklopp
      Weareliverpool
      Heimdall
      Probably a few others too, for me you lot are not supporters your Wums, fucktards, divvy’s who’s only pleasure is seeing us in a bad light, there was up to 25 pages of posters opinions on the game yesterday, but one of you waited until the game was finished before joining and spouting your sh*te, says it all for me that,

IF YOU CAN’T SUPPORT US WHEN WE’RE LOSING, DON’T SUPPORT US WHEN WE ARE WINNING  ! !

F**k off ! !

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #781: Mar 08, 2021 09:05:58 am
      Was the grass greener when we replaced Evans with Houllier, YES

Was the grass greener when we replaced Houllier with Rafa, YES

Was the grass greener when we replaced Roy with Brendan, YES

Was the grass greener when we placed Brendan with Jürgen, YES

So actually yeah, the grass is almost always greener when you are in a complete rut like we are now.

So how much greener is it going to be then when ‘Your’ new manager comes in, who’s it going to be then f***in smart arse, please enlighten us with you wisdom , ye c**t ?

Quick Reply