Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League

Read 27176 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Pre match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League - Sunday May 2nd. KO 16:30
      Reply #322: May 02, 2021 06:24:52 pm
      Rubbish. A postponed match due to this aggresive protest and sabotage gets headlines everywhere, and even more so particularly in Europe if this was the Semi Final.

This is not principled. It is a pathetic protest when it suits them. They needed to focus on the Roma match plain and simple.

If I felt as strongly as they do and believed protesting in such a fixture would help in some way then I wouldn’t hesitate doing so and I wouldn’t give a F**k what some bloke thinks whos pissed off because he has to watch corry with his Mrs now instead of the footy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Re: POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League
      Reply #323: May 02, 2021 06:25:08 pm
      I just wonder how Keane Neville and the SKY cabal would react if this was at Anfield. Indeed add the Premier league to that list.
      UTD have spent something like £400mil more than LFC in the last 10 years so are they protesting about the owners or lack of success?

Call to arms when Sky's money is at risk but soon as their “product “ is at risk they blame the fans!!

Just listening to Neville now and everything he says is absolutely spot on.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #324: May 02, 2021 06:26:49 pm
      Trust me I more than get the point. If the club get fined/docked points or whatever so be it. Main thing is this goes world wide because it's the biggest premier league football match in the world.

This was just the right moment and very probably the right cause. Well done United. Sometimes you gotta do dirty things.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #325: May 02, 2021 06:26:51 pm
      That's actually a good one. I always felt Glazer put more money into the team than what we have. So why do they hate the Glazers over there? Maybe Keith can sum it up.

They haven't put loads of money in, they bought into a money making machine, Utd have always had money to spend, but if you actually looked at the finer details, I bet their financial input is minimal.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #326: May 02, 2021 06:27:39 pm
      It was actually well planned and co-ordinated, fans not just outside the ground but outside the players hotel. Bollocks about the Roma match, this game is FAR bigger than any game against Roma.

Bigger game, but the impact of the Semi Final being postponed would have been just as significant and widely reported.

If they were genuinely fussed... why not both matches? Not buying it mate. Just a bunch of hypocrites.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #327: May 02, 2021 06:28:12 pm
      If I felt as strongly as they do and believed protesting in such a fixture would help in some way then I wouldn’t hesitate doing so and I wouldn’t give a f**k what some bloke thinks whos pissed off because he has to watch corry with his Mrs now instead of the footy.

He will go in hiding if you lads do it at your next home match.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #328: May 02, 2021 06:31:41 pm
      Bigger game, but the impact of the Semi Final being postponed would have been just as significant and widely reported.

If they were genuinely fussed... why not both matches? Not buying it mate. Just a bunch of hypocrites.

Can't argue with the bottom point, they've had 11 years plus or so since they first started protesting around the time we were protesting about G & H.

I disagree with first point, todays game is one of the biggest alongside El Clasico, plus the Roma game you have all the regulations that come with a European game, including effectively handing the ground over to UEFA. The protest that happened you could only do once and for maximum effect I understand why they chose today.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #329: May 02, 2021 06:32:04 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pFuCV-CJlI

Fans screaming "Scouse bas**rds" at the police. Followed by " Murderers."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #330: May 02, 2021 06:32:52 pm

Mancs being mancs, does it really surprise you?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #331: May 02, 2021 06:35:52 pm

Sky will defend them to the hilt though.

United are single handedly saving football!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #332: May 02, 2021 06:36:01 pm
      They haven't put loads of money in, they bought into a money making machine, Utd have always had money to spend, but if you actually looked at the finer details, I bet their financial input is minimal.

they are in debt to a £billion but are worth over £3 billion they are being run as a business isnt this what people wanted post 1992 when SKY made money the main factor in success and brought in the likes of Abramovich and then a flood of American owners and more Russian and middle East Billionaires, They came in at a time when the Clubs were relatively cheap and now they are sitting on £billions worth of assets which they can draw off at will.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #333: May 02, 2021 06:38:03 pm
      Sky will defend them to the hilt though.

United are single handedly saving football!

Sky's footy presenter was having a bit off a pop at them a little bit earlier before he was told off by Red Nev.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #334: May 02, 2021 06:42:50 pm
      How does this turn to the police? Sounds like they handled all this pretty well
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #335: May 02, 2021 06:43:20 pm

It's funny cos it doesn't make any sense. What do Scousers have to do with the Manchester police? It's as if they can't hate anything unless it comes from Liverpool. Hitler? Scouse c**t!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #336: May 02, 2021 06:45:56 pm
      It's funny cos it doesn't make any sense. What do Scousers have to do with the Manchester police? It's as if they can't hate anything unless it comes from Liverpool. Hitler? Scouse c**t!

Ironically isn't their club leading scorer of all time Scouse? Thick tw*ts
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #337: May 02, 2021 06:48:03 pm

Couple of things. Firstly, we all know there's always a minority (( no matter who you support))  of fans that only happy causing disruption so nothing new here.

I heard the murder chants but who at? Never heard the Scouse bas**rds. How far was that into the video? 
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #338: May 02, 2021 06:49:36 pm
      He will go in hiding if you lads do it at your next home match.  :lmao:

No, I'd call it out for what it is.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #339: May 02, 2021 06:50:07 pm

Possibly the odd officer with the accent, I've heard of one or two lads that I knew from school who joined the GMP.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #340: May 02, 2021 06:51:55 pm
      Remember when we had to play 2 games on 2 different continents within 24 hours?

Should rearrange this for Wednesday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #341: May 02, 2021 06:51:55 pm

It's some of their fave chants.

Honestly it's only in the last few years the knobheads have stopped singing about us all through any game they played in.
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #342: May 02, 2021 06:51:59 pm
      Just sack off the rearranged fixture, give Liverpool the 3points, and punish Utd.

Crack on with your protests then. Simple.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #343: May 02, 2021 06:52:59 pm
      Remember when we had to play 2 games on 2 different continents within 24 hours?

Should rearrange this for Wednesday.

Premier League logic, rearrange it for when fans are allowed back in the ground!!
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #344: May 02, 2021 07:09:19 pm
      That's not a postponement.

It's an abandoned fixture.

Should be 3 points to us and a potential points deduction for United.

If we had someone savvy in terms of the league rules like Parry he'd have called it out for what it is, an abandoned fixture, home side cannot meet safety requirements. But no we've got Mike Gordon who will just accept whatever Sky and Ratboy and BBC Manc (formerly known as BBC Sport) tell him he has to do. I doubt Mike Gordon could name you one single FA or Premier League rule.

Why should West Brom get one of their fixtures moved when they're fighting relegation and need as much game preparation time as possible? Or Leicester risk their promotion by getting their schedule squeezed? Or us have to fit in 3 games in a week now when Chelsea don't have to.

It's just giving in to mob rule. A load of petty criminals.

Quick Reply