Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 88074 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #575: Jan 10, 2023 02:37:24 pm
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #576: Jan 10, 2023 05:37:23 pm
      I don’t think Klopp or Fsg will be able to talk there way out of it if no quality midfielder is signed in Jan, coz forget the Summer we will be finished
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #577: Jan 10, 2023 07:48:01 pm
      I don’t think Klopp or Fsg will be able to talk there way out of it if no quality midfielder is signed in Jan, coz forget the Summer we will be finished

How many times in the past have people said the team's done.

Never, ever, write off the Redmen!!
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #578: Jan 10, 2023 10:11:24 pm

Ive never written any reds side off and ive seen good and shall i say average teams in my years of supporting us, i just can’t see us getting top 4 without one quality addition in midfield in Jan imho
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #579: Jan 11, 2023 01:50:28 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #580: Jan 11, 2023 07:33:43 am

No team is ever done but you do need new faces now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #581: Jan 11, 2023 08:33:30 am
      No team is ever done but you do need new faces now.

Same was said in the pandemic season, we still finished top 4. It's gonna need that sort of run.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #582: Jan 11, 2023 10:16:05 am
      Same was said in the pandemic season, we still finished top 4. It's gonna need that sort of run.

The difference back then the intensity was different, the lads in midfield have lost that at present hence why opposing teams are strolling through and putting r defence under pressure and conceding goals. Whatever happens I think top 4 is unlikely with this midfield without a younger more energetic addition in Jan .
      Time will tell eh i hope i’m wrong
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #583: Jan 11, 2023 10:45:29 am
      The difference back then the intensity was different, the lads in midfield have lost that at present hence why opposing teams are strolling through and putting r defence under pressure and conceding goals. Whatever happens I think top 4 is unlikely with this midfield without a younger more energetic addition in Jan .
      Time will tell eh i hope i’m wrong

That's a fair point about intensity and is a factor. still wouldn't rule out top 4 though, looks wide open for that 4th spot.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1774 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #584: Jan 11, 2023 10:48:37 am
      That's a fair point about intensity and is a factor. still wouldn't rule out top 4 though, looks wide open for that 4th spot.

Exactly we still have the quality to win games, the goals we are losing are mostly down to mistakes, giving balls away and general dodgy defending.

But also as klopp says if we win the ball back higher up the field this limits the opposition chances.

The goal Allison gave away actually started when Thiago got caught in possession, then we were under P.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #585: Jan 13, 2023 03:10:22 am
      He won't come to us. Off he goes to Madrid, I reckon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #586: Jan 13, 2023 09:13:46 am

Hopefully  :P or maybe us if we can get CL footie  :lmao:
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #587: Jan 13, 2023 10:05:57 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1774 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #588: Jan 13, 2023 10:05:58 am

Come play with LFC for 5 years then goto Madrid. Everyone wins. l o l
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #589: Jan 13, 2023 01:59:27 pm

I don't think he'll go to Madrid. If we stump up a decent offer I think we have him. The problem is, are we going to get him any running mates in midfield or expect him to do it all himself.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #590: Jan 13, 2023 02:02:15 pm
      I don't think he'll go to Madrid. If we stump up a decent offer I think we have him. The problem is, are we going to get him any running mates in midfield or expect him to do it all himself.

I do think he wants to come to us and agree we need more then him after watching our midfield this season.

rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #591: Jan 13, 2023 07:44:25 pm
      We stump up cash  and qualify CL we are big favourites but at this point say both big IFs
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,333 posts | 281 
      Reply #592: Jan 13, 2023 09:56:51 pm
      It depends what you want as a professional player, look at Gareth Bale a sack of trophies, CLs you name it but what clubs fans will revere him for years, who is he loved by ? Same with Beckham England captain but famous for being famous....then you have Stevie G loved by Liverpool fans worldwide a lifetime legend like Kenny and Bellingham had the potential to has the same, I just hope he realises this.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #593: Jan 13, 2023 10:45:30 pm
      It depends what you want as a professional player, look at Gareth Bale a sack of trophies, CLs you name it but what clubs fans will revere him for years, who is he loved by ? Same with Beckham England captain but famous for being famous....then you have Stevie G loved by Liverpool fans worldwide a lifetime legend like Kenny and Bellingham had the potential to has the same, I just hope he realises this.
      Not too sure about this observation: Let's suppose Kane goes through his whole career without winning a carrot, but was idolised by the spurs fanbase throughout. Are you suggesting Bale would happily ditch all his awards/medals and exchange his career with Kane? No chance.
      It's also fair to admit, Beckham was a gifted player who won plenty, before he became a global brand.
      I suspect Bellingham will go to where he thinks he can be most successful, I would guess the club legend legacy would be way down the list.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,333 posts | 281 
      Reply #594: Jan 14, 2023 12:08:42 am
      Not too sure about this observation: Let's suppose Kane goes through his whole career without winning a carrot, but was idolised by the spurs fanbase throughout. Are you suggesting Bale would happily ditch all his awards/medals and exchange his career with Kane? No chance.
      It's also fair to admit, Beckham was a gifted player who won plenty, before he became a global brand.
      I suspect Bellingham will go to where he thinks he can be most successful, I would guess the club legend legacy would be way down the list.

Maybe I didn't explain it correctly then, I'm not suggesting Bale would swap his trophies at all. Obviously Bellingham would be planning on winning lots of trophies with us if he joined us that's a given BUT with us he could be seen in same light or hero status in time as Gerrard that could be important to him or it might not be but only he'll know that.
      I'm doing Beckham a disservice, I know he won loads with Man Utd and Real but he just shows his face wherever the money is thesedays but I'm not bothered about him really and no I don't think Kane will stay at Spurs , he'll be gone this summer I'd imagine. Kane is only still at Spurs because he signed a 6yr contract and Levy priced him out of a move.

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #596: Jan 20, 2023 02:50:55 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #597: Jan 20, 2023 03:32:51 pm
      As stated it very much depends on Bellingham's mind set, if the attraction of RM prevails compared to the very real prospect of attaining a legendary status matching Steven Gerrard, leave the lad to his own devices.

It's his loss not ours.

Quick Reply