Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      59 (72.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      5 (6.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      4 (4.9%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (8.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Jan 06, 2022 06:24:58 pm

Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24401 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Jan 02, 2022 08:43:08 pm
      What profit ?

And the club is self sufficient beyond that would need relying on finance from loans

yes numbnuts loans at 1% interest 99% of the worlds large companies survive and thrive and expand using finance
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #829: Jan 02, 2022 08:43:47 pm

It isn’t enough though mate, that’s as plain as day, up until this season we have competed, as things are financially that is no longer viable, the FSG mantra of only putting back in what is earned has run its course, nobody is saying we need to match what City, Chavs and no doubt Newcastle will invest, but we have to spend a hell of a lot more than what we have so far,

It’s commendable that what we have achieved with the current budget, but if you want to continue to dine at the big table we need to be eating steak rather than spam !

We are still competing right now -

Do people really want to see us start going down the road of being held up by someone’s money

The losses have to be swallowed up somewhere- do we start to take loans out and then the club start to pay it back taking away future money ?

People just asking for more money but where does it come from ? We don’t have the cash rich owners

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #830: Jan 02, 2022 08:44:10 pm
      Regarding the owners, they bought in thinking FFP would give them a level playing field. It didn’t so now they should either decide they are going to play by City’s rules or sell up to someone that will because otherwise we may as well just concede that they are going to win the league every year 🤷🏻‍♂️

If nothing is put in place to curb ridiculous spending then the only way to defeat it is by doing the same.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #831: Jan 02, 2022 08:44:51 pm
      I know that mate. They are loaded. There are different ways

They are asset rich - their value is in their assets as opposed to have bundles or cash in a bank account ready to spend
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #832: Jan 02, 2022 08:46:05 pm
      yes numbnuts loans at 1% interest 99% of the worlds large companies survive and thrive and expand using finance

Are you incapable of conversion with others of a differing opinion without throwing insults at them ?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #833: Jan 02, 2022 08:46:07 pm
      Don’t worry guys fifa will sort this with FFP

Won’t hold my breath on that one.

And on new recruits, who’s to say the money isn’t there, but Jürgen hasn’t targeted any one in particular ?
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #834: Jan 02, 2022 08:47:49 pm

They are asset rich - their value is in their assets as opposed to have bundles or cash in a bank account ready to spend

I know this also. I’m only thinking that we should buy 1 worldly midfielder! Do you think they can afford or can balance the books for that?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #835: Jan 02, 2022 08:48:38 pm
      Won’t hold my breath on that one.

And on new recruits, who’s to say the money isn’t there, but Jürgen hasn’t targeted any one in particular ?

Because the modern mantra is to know better than the manager/scouts/DoF - it all started with the likes of Championship Manager etc

And if Klopp states clearly he is happy with the squad and he likes small squads then it appears he is lying and just being a yes man

It’s modern football
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #836: Jan 02, 2022 08:50:13 pm
      I know this also. I’m only thinking that we should buy 1 worldly midfielder! Do you think they can afford or can balance the books for that?

Will depend on

What the commercial income is like after the recent losses

The cost of the midfielder or forward

And his wage requests

If it’s a player that Edwards and Klopp want then they will find a way
      In One
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • I’m an arl arse
      Reply #837: Jan 02, 2022 08:51:58 pm
      Barca are in dire straights financial wise and they have a nice young midfielder there who I think Jürgen could make world class Frenkie de Jong . Or even a cheeky bid on Matheson 🤣 give that snide Rodger’s something to think about .
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #838: Jan 02, 2022 08:57:42 pm

Will depend on

What the commercial income is like after the recent losses

The cost of the midfielder or forward

And his wage requests

If it’s a player that Edwards and Klopp want then they will find a way

That’s great and a perfect business model. I’m not saying I’m correct either in saying we need a player as I’m a nobody, but a few people will agree that our midfield is weak when Thiago is out and the other are fairly laboured. I’m not bashing you btw, but there is no way in my mind that these owners can’t spend at least half of what say arsenal can (not knowing the actual figures) when we are challenging, winning champ league etc?
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #839: Jan 02, 2022 08:58:44 pm
      Don’t worry guys fifa will sort this with FFP

Hahaha!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #840: Jan 02, 2022 09:01:25 pm
      That’s great and a perfect business model. I’m not saying I’m correct either in saying we need a player as I’m a nobody, but a few people will agree that our midfield is weak when Thiago is out and the other are fairly laboured. I’m not bashing you btw, but there is no way in my mind that these owners can’t spend at least half of what say arsenal can (not knowing the actual figures) when we are challenging, winning champ league etc?

Arsenal etc took out loans to spend money , same with the likes of Spurs , Utd adding debt

Each club will have a different model - at some point unless they get at least CL then Arsenal and Spurs wil have to start selling players.

It’s tough financially

I would love to get someone like Bellingham and I suspect if the club wanted him then they would find a way
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #841: Jan 02, 2022 09:10:04 pm
      Arsenal etc took out loans to spend money , same with the likes of Spurs , Utd adding debt

Each club will have a different model - at some point unless they get at least CL then Arsenal and Spurs wil have to start selling players.

It’s tough financially

I would love to get someone like Bellingham and I suspect if the club wanted him then they would find a way

That’s the bit I struggle with as I’m no financial expert. Is there any way these multiple extremely rich people whom are involved in this club can put any of their own wealth into the transfer kitty? I know that’s extremely crude but I’m naive on the situation?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #842: Jan 02, 2022 09:14:30 pm
      That’s the bit I struggle with as I’m no financial expert. Is there any way these multiple extremely rich people whom are involved in this club can put any of their own wealth into the transfer kitty? I know that’s extremely crude but I’m naive on the situation?

Owners can spent some level of their own money on players but has to be within certain levels losses ( owners spend is counted as loss debt etc )

They can spend whatever they like on stadiums etc
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #843: Jan 02, 2022 09:16:04 pm

We are still competing right now -

Do people really want to see us start going down the road of being held up by someone’s money

The losses have to be swallowed up somewhere- do we start to take loans out and then the club start to pay it back taking away future money ?

People just asking for more money but where does it come from ? We don’t have the cash rich owners

J W Henry a multi millionaire, that Redbird lot also have millions at their disposal, their idea initially was ok, it was working thanks mainly to Jürgen and Edwards headhunting, but the goalposts have shifted now, not only do we still have a city to contend with Chavs are re-investing and we now will have Newcastle too,

FSG are decent owners, I don’t think anyone can deny that, but, their initial system is no longer viable if you want to remain competitive, you say  we are, really? today is just the tip of the iceberg, what IF we were to go out of the CL, or/and we miss out on the two domestic cups, would you consider that a successful season, nobody would, but yet that would mean yet another season on which perhaps only one or two new faces would be affordable according to FSG,

It’s clear that they, the owners need to change their own philosophy if they expect to be successful pitchside rather than just in wall street,  you can’t sell to anyone that they don’t have the financial clout to at least put enough finances forward to keep us dining at the same table as City, Chavs etc, they thus far have gotten away with it as far as spending the Millions like what others have, like I keep reiterating, we certainly don’t have the financial clout as City, Chavs and soon Newcastle but I believe we do have enough to perhaps shop at John Lewis and not Aldi’s.

Y  N  W  A
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #844: Jan 02, 2022 09:17:20 pm
      If FSG want to spend they can find ways to spend. The fact is they are happy with this model and aren’t really looking to change it. They said it when they bought and they’ve never wavered. No one can say they’ve mislead anyone.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #845: Jan 02, 2022 09:26:19 pm

J W Henry a multi millionaire, that Redbird lot also have millions at their disposal, their idea initially was ok, it was working thanks mainly to Jürgen and Edwards headhunting, but the goalposts have shifted now, not only do we still have a city to contend with Chavs are re-investing and we now will have Newcastle too,

Henry doesn’t own the club on his own though and most of his worth is in the assets as opposed to the likes of Mansour where they have billions in the bank - is basically state sponsership. FSG wealth in terms of cash is minute compared to the states

And being honest the goal posts have always been the same - City have always spent , same with Chelsea before hand

FSG are decent owners, I don’t think anyone can deny that, but, their initial system is no longer viable if you want to remain competitive, you say  we are, really? today is just the tip of the iceberg, what IF we were to go out of the CL, or/and we miss out on the two domestic cups, would you consider that a successful season, nobody would, but yet that would mean yet another season on which perhaps only one or two new faces would be affordable according to FSG,

Can’t really deal in IFs though

There is every chance we can win the CL this year - thats a trophy that City can’t buy but we can win again.

We are competitive right now and will be for the rest of the season and will be next season - we just need to stop stopping silly points when we were are ahead - it’s not the owners fault for the silly points dropped , for the mistakes made by the players

It’s clear that they, the owners need to change their own philosophy if they expect to be successful pitchside rather than just in wall street,  you can’t sell to anyone that they don’t have the financial clout to at least put enough finances forward to keep us dining at the same table as City, Chavs etc, they thus far have gotten away with it as far as spending the Millions like what others have, like I keep reiterating, we certainly don’t have the financial clout as City, Chavs and soon Newcastle but I believe we do have enough to perhaps shop at John Lewis and not Aldi’s.

Y  N  W  A

We will never be able to dine at the same table as City - that’s a team that can afford to spend £100mil and sit him on the bench , soend £50mil on a CB - it doesn’t work just buy another , same with full backs.

It’s not about coaching or scouting or managing

It’s just buying and when it doesn’t work go out and buy again

The club is self sufficient - it’s not about how much FSG or Henry is worth, we live within our means so we need to increase the means

And what reallt needs to happen is stronger rules to allow it to become a sport again and not about which club is the richest
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,168 posts | 1094 
      Reply #846: Jan 02, 2022 09:39:52 pm
      I'm okay with having a shout for the league each year, and experiencing a perfect season like 19/20 every 5 years or so and winning it,  but only if we can call an audible once the league is out of site, and switch our attention to cups.

We do as well as any in the UCL, and that's absolutely the cup to seek. But when we're are double digit points from the leagues summit, why not put a strong squad out in a Milk Cup Semi? Why not go for an FA cup in a season like this? Top 4 teams are what they are, so unless we have a nuclear meltdown you can prioritize the domestic cups without fear of losing next year's UCL spot.

No one will remember that City finished 16 points behind us the year we won. They will just remember that we ended a 30 year drought and won it all. However, they will know that City did the double in the England cups. Not a bad consolation prize for not winning the league. We need to be all about trophies. The league trophy will come from time to time. But City's owners have ruined the integrity of this league and FIFA and UEFA have just sit back and took the money while it happened.

Win everything you can
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #847: Jan 02, 2022 09:46:25 pm
      For all Lallana says we have done well under Klopp and his tactis but we are being bought out of this leauge and it wont be logefore we are being bought out of the CL. The only reason we have competed is Klopp. When Klopp goes were over under .FSG
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Live: Chelsea v Liverpool
      Reply #848: Jan 02, 2022 09:54:45 pm
      That midfield was awful. Heno had a poor game and Milner should be nowhere starting against Chelsea he is passed his best put Fab who wasn’t great there lies the reason, the forward line is fantastic but no supply and no support for the defence who are being pullled all over the field,Ox has had his chance to and is nowhere good enough Keira is never fit enough to get a run of games
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2022 10:00:41 pm by tezmac »
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 87 
      Reply #849: Jan 02, 2022 10:14:45 pm
      I'm okay with having a shout for the league each year, and experiencing a perfect season like 19/20 every 5 years or so and winning it,  but only if we can call an audible once the league is out of site, and switch our attention to cups.

We do as well as any in the UCL, and that's absolutely the cup to seek. But when we're are double digit points from the leagues summit, why not put a strong squad out in a Milk Cup Semi? Why not go for an FA cup in a season like this? Top 4 teams are what they are, so unless we have a nuclear meltdown you can prioritize the domestic cups without fear of losing next year's UCL spot.

No one will remember that City finished 16 points behind us the year we won. They will just remember that we ended a 30 year drought and won it all. However, they will know that City did the double in the England cups. Not a bad consolation prize for not winning the league. We need to be all about trophies. The league trophy will come from time to time. But City's owners have ruined the integrity of this league and FIFA and UEFA have just sit back and took the money while it happened.

Win everything you can
      Arsenal won the cup not  a City Cup double, City won a domestic treble the season before. However I know exactly what you are saying.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,657 posts | 1589 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #850: Jan 02, 2022 10:58:31 pm
      That game didn't half take it out of me, I felt physically exhausted after it had finished, exciting for the neutral supporter though, brilliant game of end to end football.

Mo and Mane lovely goals, we won't half miss them now they're off to AFCON, should Mane have gone? I'm not so sure, all the so called 'experts' and I use that term loosely seem to think so, I've seen worse go unpunished, but at the end of the day, the Ref/VAR said reckless. which it was.

I thought the team fought well with no Jürgen or Allison but I thought Kelleher was exceptional and gave him my man of the match.

Quick Reply