Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Injuries 22/23

Read 36372 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Injuries 22/23
      Reply #460: Mar 15, 2023 08:02:20 am
      Hendo and Stefan both ruled out for Madrid.

Looks like Ox is playing ...he's the only one left isn't he?

F**k sake!!!

Think even I could do better than Ox.  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #461: Mar 15, 2023 08:43:37 am
      Hearing young Doak had a serious head injury early in tonightā€™s match. Was sparked out after first walking away from a head clash.
      Hope heā€™s ok

aye was a nasty one. just one of those things that happen tho.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #462: Mar 15, 2023 01:08:01 pm
      Bajcetic out for a lengthy spell with a stress problem with an adductor injury. Confirmed by Klopp.

We sure do seem to have a lot of muscular issues on this team.

Also, looks like next season we may need a complete team of midfielders to prepare for the inevitable of them all getting hurt at various times.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #463: Mar 15, 2023 04:43:56 pm
      What the F**k goes on at training we seem to have a constant stream of injuries
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #464: Mar 16, 2023 11:59:50 am
      Stefan of course - out for the season
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #465: Mar 16, 2023 02:08:42 pm
      What the f**k goes on at training we seem to have a constant stream of injuries

Seriously, someone has to figure out what the F**k is going on. We have to have way more injuries than the average team does.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #466: Mar 16, 2023 02:17:56 pm
      Seriously, someone has to figure out what the f**k is going on. We have to have way more injuries than the average team does.

There was a graph someone posted further up yes we do by a long way.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #467: Mar 16, 2023 02:30:00 pm
      Bare bones squad now.
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2023 02:45:02 pm by bazspeedman »
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts | 80 
      Reply #468: Mar 16, 2023 04:34:35 pm
      Injuries usually come in the form of 2 ways, one is by direct physical damage inflicted on the player (caused by either an opposition player or by team mates), or the more common method which is overtraining/forcing your body to exert pressure/intensity it can't uphold. We've obviously seen the former happen many times in games (Mee on Gomez, Ratcharlison on Thiago, Prickford on Virgil, Striujk? on Elliott, Funes Mori on Origi etc) but what we don't see is full training from the squad on a daily basis other than the occassion 5-10min clip the club puts out there (usually non contact training).
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #469: Mar 16, 2023 06:46:02 pm
      I remember in summer when people were saying that we didnt need a midfielder.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #470: Mar 16, 2023 06:52:06 pm

I mean we really didnā€™t in the summer. Everyone was supposedly healthy. But I think with the injury prone players we were maybe to naive that it was going to work. Also, hand up I never envisioned Fabinho turning into a 78 year old man.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #471: Mar 16, 2023 06:52:51 pm

Interesting 🧐 who said that?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #472: Mar 16, 2023 06:54:58 pm

A few people were but more were saying we need reinforcements in midfield.

Funnily enough Klopp was saying the same and then scrabbling around at the end of the window and we ended up with Arthur.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #473: Mar 16, 2023 07:30:14 pm

Thing is, if you owned the club and the manager said you think the midfield needs improving, you would probably say ok, you have Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, keita, Milner, ox, jones (and now bajcetic), get rid of a couple and we will see. We ainā€™t gonna pay for 8 midfielders wages when you only pick 3.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #474: Mar 16, 2023 07:33:42 pm

The manager said it at one stage
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #475: Mar 16, 2023 07:37:00 pm
      [quote author = Lallana in Pyjamas link=topic=53178.msg2538615#msg2538615 date=1678995222]
      The manager said it at one stage
      [/quote]

We both know heā€™s too classy to upset you and the FSG crew.  ;D
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #476: Mar 16, 2023 07:42:07 pm
      Thing is, if you owned the club and the manager said you think the midfield needs improving, you would probably say ok, you have Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, keita, Milner, ox, jones (and now bajcetic), get rid of a couple and we will see. We ainā€™t gonna pay for 8 midfielders wages when you only pick 3.

Then why loan melo on the final day and pay his wages?

The thing is that when we needed cb couple of season ago, and we didnt enforce. That was a mistake.

This summer the signs were there, the numbers were there but some were too young, some were injury prone. Then you factor in out of form players. We didnt  replace gini either.

I think we made a mistake, and it shouldn't have been that way because we made the same mistake before and we didn't learn from it.

Now who is to blame for the mistake, that i do not know but i can see that it was a mistake.
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2023 07:51:02 pm by Billo »
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #477: Mar 16, 2023 07:53:17 pm

The thing is that when we needed cb couple of season ago, and we didnt enforce. That was a mistake.

This summer the signs were there, the numbers were there but some were too young, some were injury prone. Then you factor in out of form players. We didnt  replace gini either.

I think we made a mistake, and it shouldn't have been that way because we made the same mistake before and we didn't learn from it.

Now who is to blame for the mistake, that i do not know but i can see that it was a mistake.

Because of the injuries we signed a stop gap.
      We had targets in the summer but they chose to go elsewhere.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #478: Mar 16, 2023 07:56:27 pm

Think the Melo transfer happened because of the  injuries to Ox and Naby

Thatā€™s prob the big issue - false dawn from the season before when both players managed to play a significant amount of games without injury
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #479: Mar 16, 2023 07:59:37 pm
      Because of the injuries we signed a stop gap.
      We had targets in the summer but they chose to go elsewhere.

Thats the thing tho. We have made the same mistake before. We loaned that cb fella, and signed a cb who never played.

We should have learned from those mistakes and should have signed a cover for gini. We knew the injury record of our players, we knew age of other midfielders. The signs were there this summer, and we made same mistake again. I hope we learn from it this time.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #480: Mar 16, 2023 08:05:36 pm

Because around the end of the transfer window, Hendo went down with a hamstring injury in addition to already having Ox and Keita out with long term injuries and Thiago was still not back in training. That is 4 midfielders out, 3 of which were out long term and Jones had barely come back from his own injury.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #481: Mar 16, 2023 08:05:56 pm
      Only 3/4 have avoided injury this season. Mo and Elliott, may be Joe Gomez possible. One or two others. Just hard to accept it as bad luck. Not aiming at anybody, Andreas Kornmayer, head of fitness and conditioning for instance. I'm sure a lot of it is down to bad luck. May be the squad was overworked last season and didn't get long enough of a summer break.

Just seems as if hardly anyone can do more than half a dozen games before limping off with some kind of injury. Bajcetic now out for the season..
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #482: Mar 16, 2023 08:06:02 pm
      Thats the thing tho. We have made the same mistake before. We loaned that cb fella, and signed a cb who never played.

We should have learned from those mistakes and should have signed a cover for gini. We knew the injury record of our players, we knew age of other midfielders. The signs were there this summer, and we made same mistake again. I hope we learn from it this time.

Iā€™m not sure the owners see it that way though.
      Itā€™s not how I would invest but for them to see the team finishing with over 90 points and nearly winning the lot, the probably think ā€œwell it ainā€™t broken so we donā€™t need to fix it.ā€ 
      They also probably didnā€™t foresee just how terrible we have been this season. Top 2 was fairly likely at the start, top 4 almost certainty.

Iā€™m not defending them btw, I just think that if you finish with 90 odd points and nearly win everything, you probably think you can wait for your main targets rather than settling for 4th choiceā€¦

Quick Reply