Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)

Read 23766 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)
      Reply #253: Jun 06, 2023 08:24:36 pm
      Thiago probably does not go this summer but has only 1 year left on his contract. If he is fit for the next season and plays 50 games then he deserves a 1-2 season extension but it's most likely that he leaves next summer when his contract expires.

Maybe Thiago and MacAllister will not play a lot of games together but MacAllister might need a bit of time to adapt to our style of play. We are in a transition and we can have both of them for 1 season.

Fair shout that.

If thatā€™s the case Iā€™d rather just sell Thiago now though and get whatever we can for him. Irritates me when players leave for nothing.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #254: Jun 06, 2023 08:26:25 pm
      But we are bringing more in isn't that obvious . His skillset will compliment others that is what generally happens

Are you confident we will? I hope so but under FSG ownership when have we ever brought in 4 or 5 players with no sales?

Having no CL football only adds to the doubt too.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Reply #255: Jun 06, 2023 08:31:54 pm
      Are you confident we will? I hope so but under FSG ownership when have we ever brought in 4 or 5 players with no sales?

May be sales yet Thiago, Matip, Kelleher,Phillips all possibilities not saying will get tons for them but yes I do feel confident we will get a minimum of one more midfielder possibly two
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #256: Jun 06, 2023 08:33:02 pm
      Thiago probably does not go this summer but has only 1 year left on his contract. If he is fit for the next season and plays 50 games then he deserves a 1-2 season extension but it's most likely that he leaves next summer when his contract expires.

Maybe Thiago and MacAllister will not play a lot of games together but MacAllister might need a bit of time to adapt to our style of play. We are in a transition and we can have both of them for 1 season.

Heā€™s never played 50 games a season in his whole career!

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #257: Jun 06, 2023 08:36:56 pm
      May be sales yet Thiago, Matip, Kelleher,Phillips all possibilities not saying will get tons for them but yes I do feel confident we will get a minimum of one more midfielder possibly two

I hope so. The midfield is crying out for pace and energy. Itā€™s not something MacAllister will particularly bring.

With the right players alongside him I think he has big potential under klopp but canā€™t help but worry weā€™ve just spent the vast majority of our budget.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,251 posts | 1227 
      Reply #258: Jun 06, 2023 08:39:42 pm
      We do need some legs in there alongside him which probably explains why we've been linked with the likes of Thuram and Kone. Thiago, though by far our most gifted passer of a ball when fit, is not a player you can pin your hopes on. Mac Allister for me is more industrious, slightly more versatile and is 10x more reliable. For Ā£55m it would be strange if we weren't the first in the queue given the way we like to spot value in the market. It makes even more sense given we're trying to rebuild the midfield on a budget.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 849 posts | 303 
      Reply #259: Jun 06, 2023 08:53:04 pm
      We do need some legs in there alongside him which probably explains why we've been linked with the likes of Thuram and Kone. Thiago, though by far our most gifted passer of a ball when fit, is not a player you can pin your hopes on. Mac Allister for me is more industrious, slightly more versatile and is 10x more reliable. For Ā£55m it would be strange if we weren't the first in the queue given the way we like to spot value in the market. It makes even more sense given we're trying to rebuild the midfield on a budget.

This. Some reports say that MacAllister had a buy out clause in his contract. 55m is a lot less than what we expected to pay a few weeks ago. We probably focused on him first because there were other clubs pushing to sign him.

It appears we are now moving on to focus on next players on the wanted list.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 849 posts | 303 
      Reply #260: Jun 06, 2023 09:00:58 pm
      Heā€™s never played 50 games a season in his whole career!

I know, unfortunately he can't stay fit which is why we need MacAllister as well. If Thiago's body has a miracle recovery and he's able to play 50 games then MacAllister spends a lot of time on the bench. More realistically, Thiago hobbles through another season, plays 20 or 30 games and leaves next summer.

Very frustrating because he's 1 of the best players at our club for many years. I wish we'd been able to see more of him.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #261: Jun 06, 2023 10:10:58 pm

Fair shout that.

If thatā€™s the case Iā€™d rather just sell Thiago now though and get whatever we can for him. Irritates me when players leave for nothing.

With some people it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

You can't just keep adding players and not removing. If we get the players we need, why are people so trigged by how much we get back in players who have expressed their desire to leave?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #262: Jun 06, 2023 10:22:36 pm
      Arenā€™t you about 50? Time to grow up.

Is that all you got, personal comment?
      Pathetic.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #263: Jun 06, 2023 10:48:07 pm
      Question!!

Mac Allister & Mount both pretty decent but not world class I think we can both agree, at least not yet but youā€™d think they probably wonā€™t now at their age. However, with both United & Liverpool fans having negative vibes about both players who do you think is the better of the two? Now I know those with rose tints will  obviously say Mac Allister coz heā€™s with you lot 😂

I honest canā€™t call it 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø I do think you lot ( from what Iā€™m reading)  will get a better deal price wise though.

MacAllister has a way higher ceiling than Mount he's a much more well rounded footballer.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #264: Jun 06, 2023 10:56:48 pm
      Your right!! You're puffing your own chest out.    ;D

They say money speaks louder than words so lets get this transfer window sorted so i can take Ā£50 out of your pocket for a worthy cause.  :f_whistle:

A few dodgy VAR you say? wonder who befitted the most? Lets take a look   ;)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11705227/Premier-League-Liverpool-benefitted-VAR-Leeds-lost-points.html

You were saying?

Those stats are for this season numb nuts, I was on about VAR decisions that ensured City got their titles, in particular last season when a blatant hand ball I think against Blueshite , and another I believe was Newcastle, for a pen, not given, we were robbed of a title win by 11cm the first season we missed out by a single point,

You know youā€™re lot are fu**ed, hence youā€™re desperation for a sugar daddy so you can dine at the top table, Eric has to be fair steadied your ship and has them steering in the right direction, but underneath the surface itā€™s not very pretty, and damn average at best,

I think weā€™ll see a similar title race next season but with us right in the f***in mix, obvious City, Toon, and Arse, everyone else will be fighting for fifth and below, Brighton if they dont lose too many players, Spuds will be there or thereabouts once Ange settles in and stamps his authority, & depending on Kane staying or going, and then thereā€™s the Scummy F**k pigs, youā€™re lot battling for 5th, 6th or 7th, will Rashford be there, will DeGea??

Youā€™re lot are in a worse condition than we are, make no mistake, so in essence youā€™re already behind us unless said sugar daddy arrives to save yer bacon, got a nice sort comical poetry that, Scummy F**k pigs & bacon ?

Now, whatā€™s for breakfast ??

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #265: Jun 06, 2023 11:07:45 pm
      Arenā€™t you about 50? Time to grow up.

Iā€™m about 50. Please tell me I donā€™t have to grow up. Not ready yet.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #266: Jun 06, 2023 11:09:10 pm

;D

harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #267: Jun 07, 2023 12:33:33 am

It's too late mate, you're stuck like this forever now....
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #268: Jun 07, 2023 05:03:54 am
      I know, unfortunately he can't stay fit which is why we need MacAllister as well. If Thiago's body has a miracle recovery and he's able to play 50 games then MacAllister spends a lot of time on the bench. More realistically, Thiago hobbles through another season, plays 20 or 30 games and leaves next summer.

Very frustrating because he's 1 of the best players at our club for many years. I wish we'd been able to see more of him.

Agreed. He's missed 1 entire season due to injuries in the 3 years he's been here. Since his signing he's missed 65 matches in total. He missed a sh*t ton at Bayern too.  I love him when he's healthy but he's never healthy. He's one of those players who's career has been ravaged by injuries. Like Daniel Sturridge. Strong challenge or tackle and he's in the physio for 11 matches. I hate to lose him but let him play out his deal and walk on a free.Resigning him to a 1 or 2 yr deal is insanity. Naby Keita too. Can't trust him either.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #269: Jun 07, 2023 09:35:36 am
      With some people it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

You can't just keep adding players and not removing. If we get the players we need, why are people so trigged by how much we get back in players who have expressed their desire to leave?

What are you waffling on about? I literally said ā€˜if thatā€™s the caseā€™.

To make it easier for you to understand letā€™s use Mo Salah as an example.  I donā€™t want Salah to leave Liverpool this summer. But if his contract expired next summer and he had no intention of signing another or we had no intention of offering him one, then Iā€™d rather he went this summer and we got something in for him.

Does that make sense to you now?

F**k me.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #270: Jun 07, 2023 09:35:41 am
      A strange buy? How on earth is it a strange buy when half the midfield is being shipped out this summer?
      YUP.
      Its a brilliant piece of business, as most sensible folk have said.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #271: Jun 07, 2023 09:39:23 am
      Is that all you got, personal comment?
      Pathetic.

You run around on a football forum calling people ā€˜nobheadsā€™ whatever thread you go and they tell you to act your age which is what, 50? 60 maybe?  And you play the victim and say theyā€™re the oneā€™s getting personal?

Only person who is pathetic here mate is you. As I said, grow up.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,293 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #272: Jun 07, 2023 09:47:49 am

Those stats are for this season numb nuts, I was on about VAR decisions that ensured City got their titles, in particular last season when a blatant hand ball I think against Blueshite , and another I believe was Newcastle, for a pen, not given, we were robbed of a title win by 11cm the first season we missed out by a single point,

You know youā€™re lot are fu**ed, hence youā€™re desperation for a sugar daddy so you can dine at the top table, Eric has to be fair steadied your ship and has them steering in the right direction, but underneath the surface itā€™s not very pretty, and damn average at best,

I think weā€™ll see a similar title race next season but with us right in the f***in mix, obvious City, Toon, and Arse, everyone else will be fighting for fifth and below, Brighton if they dont lose too many players, Spuds will be there or thereabouts once Ange settles in and stamps his authority, & depending on Kane staying or going, and then thereā€™s the Scummy f**k pigs, youā€™re lot battling for 5th, 6th or 7th, will Rashford be there, will DeGea??

Youā€™re lot are in a worse condition than we are, make no mistake, so in essence youā€™re already behind us unless said sugar daddy arrives to save yer bacon, got a nice sort comical poetry that, Scummy f**k pigs & bacon ?

Now, whatā€™s for breakfast ??

YNWA

City would have got title regardless, you thinking you could match them is boarding on lunacy. Think you need a visit to the Docs laa.

Not sure at this stage why weā€™re discussing United again? Iā€™ve already said time and time again that weā€™ve been average and pretty much agree with your thoughts on them. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m waiting for summer transfer window to see how much we might improve and to take that juicy Ā£50 note from your zipped up pockets.     :f_whistle:

Have you had a bout of dementia this year? Sounds like youā€™ve clearly forgotten about  a bang average side finished above you lot this year  :lmao  Doesnā€™t say much for you now does it. Wake up Billy!!!! Billy!!ā€¦.. Billy wake up!!!   ;D

If it wasnā€™t for that guy who you said couldnā€™t play midfield youā€™d of been in that conference cup now. Smell that coffee, that should bring you round.

Rashford not going anywhere, not sure about DeGea but hoping they can agree a new deal despite talks  of another keeper coming in the window.

Pretty sure many many scousers would like a sugar daddy to replace FSG, probably over 90% 😉

Fancy a bit of bacon now that you mention it, off for a bacon butty, may get prawn sandwiches later.

UNITED!!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #273: Jun 07, 2023 11:13:56 am
      You run around on a football forum calling people ā€˜nobheadsā€™ whatever thread you go and they tell you to act your age which is what, 50? 60 maybe?  And you play the victim and say theyā€™re the oneā€™s getting personal?

Only person who is pathetic here mate is you. As I said, grow up.

Whatever
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #274: Jun 07, 2023 11:21:01 am
      Completed apparently, just waiting for an official confirmation I guess.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1666387311326633985?t=ApmtKpsBe2rCe4rZCNEb0A&s=19
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #275: Jun 07, 2023 11:21:41 am
      It's Fabrizio Romano so pinch of salt but rumours it's Ā£35M.

If true along with Gakpo looks like we're back to very smart transfers once again.

Quick Reply