Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)

Read 22075 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Re: Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)
      Reply #299: Jun 07, 2023 01:39:41 pm
      Just now I'm trying to work out how angry you'd be if we had owners who didn't deliver every trophy possible, finally got the stadium review going, increased the value of the club to one of the highest in the world and hired Jürgen Klopp, some of the best recruitment and analysts around.

Imagine if we had owners who had done none of this stuff over the last decade.

Imagine if they hadn't humiliated the king dragging him to Boston to sack him.

They deserve no credit for appointing klopp. It was a no brainer.

These parasites delivered no trophies. Jürgen, his staff and players did.

These analysts ... the ones who all couldn't get out quick enough?

However, imagine if we had owners that backed the manager who caused the value of their 'asset' to grow from 250m to over 4bn, when he needed it instead of sell to buy whilst they count their cash in boston.

Imagine they hadn't forced him to sell a centre back to buy a left back leaving us short of cover.

And then when it went tits up within weeks of that season starting they wouldn't back him ... gave him a player from Preston who was never going to cut it and a Turkish loanee who he didn't want. Imagine if they had ... we were still top of the league when that window opened.

Imagine if they backed him with funds to refresh the squad ... instead of basically forcing him to keep players beyond their sell by date as he won't get any funds to replace them.

Imagine them backing him so international footballers in their 20s or 30 like firmino, wijnaldum, chamberlain, keita, origi , plus milner etc wouldn't all be walking out with no money coming in.

Imagine leaving us in a situation where we had to bring in melo on loan.

Imagine they didn't try and get us in a super league to line their own pockets.

Imagine they didn't try and rip us off with price hikes

Imagine they didn't try and trademark liverpool for their own gain.

Imagine if they actually invested in the squad when required.

I Imagine we would have won alot more. Jürgen has done what he's done inspite of these parasites. He's all that stands between us and complete mediocrity again.

Jürgen will break even again. Assets like kellerher will be stripped. He won't be given even the slightest bit of backing to improve the squad the way he wants and needs to.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #300: Jun 07, 2023 01:44:44 pm
      Just now I'm trying to work out how angry you'd be if we had owners who didn't deliver every trophy possible, finally got the stadium review going, increased the value of the club to one of the highest in the world and hired Jürgen Klopp, some of the best recruitment and analysts around.

Imagine if we had owners who had done none of this stuff over the last decade.

The stadium works were achieved by way of loans to the club.
      Klopp came to a club that he had an empathy with, he could have literally gone to any outfit on the planet.

Which they should. The same way you and I would criticise them if they didn’t.

It’s all about value for money and MacAllister for 35m is great business.

As somebody already said, Jude alone wouldn’t have solved all our problems. Now I’m much more confident other signings of note will follow.

FSG have been roundly criticised since they took over for not backing the various managers and under Klopp the failure this season was unforgivable,  the midfield dilemma amongst others cost the club dearly.

Hopefully at last the owners have seen the light and realised that not competing with our rivals in fielding adequate competition is a failing, not only in a football context but also eventually affecting the financial status.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #301: Jun 07, 2023 01:44:49 pm

However, imagine if we had owners that backed the manager who caused the value of their 'asset' to grow from 250m to over 4bn, when he needed it instead of sell to buy whilst they count their cash in boston.

Imagine they hadn't forced him to sell a centre back to buy a left back leaving us short of cover.

And then when it went tits up within weeks of that season starting they wouldn't back him ... gave him a player from Preston who was never going to cut it and a Turkish loanee who he didn't want. Imagine if they had ... we were still top of the league when that window opened.

Imagine if they backed him with funds to refresh the squad ... instead of basically forcing him to keep players beyond their sell by date as he won't get any funds to replace them.

Imagine them backing him so international footballers in their 20s or 30 like firmino, wijnaldum, chamberlain, keita, origi , plus milner etc wouldn't all be walking out with no money coming in.

I Imagine we would have won alot more. Jürgen has done what he's done inspite of these parasites. He's all that stands between us and complete mediocrity again.

Jürgen will break even again. Assets like kellerher will be stripped. He won't be given even the slightest bit of backing to improve the squad the way he wants and needs to.

Imagine if you weren’t so clueless
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #302: Jun 07, 2023 01:45:01 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #303: Jun 07, 2023 01:48:43 pm
      Great signing absolute bargain welcome Alexis 👏
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #304: Jun 07, 2023 01:50:23 pm
      As well as being as irritating as thrush you also can’t read

The above is one instance in the past 24 hours

Ahh...back to the old Ad Hominem attacks eh? That seems to be your go-to tactic when you are called on your bullshit.

As for looking for conflict - look in the mirror. You are the one who steamed in

I'm just keeping you honest. You love to play the "who me?" card when in reality, every post you make seems to have an undercurrent purpose of STARTING conflict. (speaking of reading, I didn't say "looking" for conflict...I said starting it. Try slowing down next time instead of being in a rush to reply with some witty retort).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #305: Jun 07, 2023 01:52:23 pm
      The owners don't need or "deserve" credit for doing their most basic job (providing funds for signings). They get their "credit" as the club's value continues to grow. Let's keep the owners out of this thread and keep it focused on the player we actually seem to be signing.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #306: Jun 07, 2023 01:52:31 pm
      Where’s the lean? Or still awaiting medical?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #307: Jun 07, 2023 01:53:21 pm
      Where’s the lean? Or still awaiting medical?

Medical was yesterday, speculation of an announcement today, although I could see it being pushed till tomorrow with all of the media stuff he'll end up doing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #308: Jun 07, 2023 01:55:14 pm
      Cannot wait to see the lad kick on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #309: Jun 07, 2023 01:57:10 pm
      Medical was yesterday, speculation of an announcement today, although I could see it being pushed till tomorrow with all of the media stuff he'll end up doing.

I'd say this evening maybe?

Think this lad is going to be a huge asset for us and if we get the 2/3 other players into midfield will transform this side once again.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #310: Jun 07, 2023 01:58:34 pm
      Ahh...back to the old Ad Hominem attacks eh? That seems to be your go-to tactic when you are called on your bullshit.

I'm just keeping you honest. You love to play the "who me?" card when in reality, every post you make seems to have an undercurrent purpose of STARTING conflict. (speaking of reading, I didn't say "looking" for conflict...I said starting it. Try slowing down next time instead of being in a rush to reply with some witty retort).

You blurted in stating no one mentioned the owners until me when people clearly were and still are

So wind your neck in and pop off and find someone else to “ keep honest “
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #311: Jun 07, 2023 02:06:41 pm
      I'd say this evening maybe?

Think this lad is going to be a huge asset for us and if we get the 2/3 other players into midfield will transform this side once again.

With a couple more additions it’s going to really strengthen that area
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #312: Jun 07, 2023 02:56:51 pm
      Response to a claim that the owners should receive some credit for the signing of the player.

And why shouldn't they? They employed the football people who made those decisions. It's funny every success is always down to the 'football people', as if that was a stick to beat the owners with :D

Thank god it's down to the football people, I wouldn't want a baseball business man calling the shots on who we signed. Chelsea tried that for a bit and it was a huge failure :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #313: Jun 07, 2023 02:59:04 pm

CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #314: Jun 07, 2023 03:13:23 pm

This is an epic meltdown. Once of the best i've seen on this board. 

Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 878 posts | 114 
      Reply #315: Jun 07, 2023 03:41:08 pm
      Incredible business
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #316: Jun 07, 2023 04:15:06 pm
      Well if Jude is apparently 115 million and you can get 3 Macs for the same price! I’ll have 3 Macs please.   :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #317: Jun 07, 2023 04:16:51 pm
      Well if Jude is apparently 115 million and you can get 3 Macs for the same price! I’ll have 3 Macs please.   :lmao:
      ...with chips...or Rice?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #318: Jun 07, 2023 04:29:10 pm

If its the Rice from West Ham ill take that please...  :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #319: Jun 07, 2023 04:57:12 pm

I’ll have the Big Mac with French Fries thanks
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #320: Jun 07, 2023 05:08:14 pm
      Just saw a stat where Mac played more prem minutes than Ox, Kieta, Mily, and Bobby combined
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #321: Jun 07, 2023 06:12:54 pm
      Just saw a stat where Mac played more prem minutes than Ox, Kieta, Mily, and Bobby combined

That’s worth £35m alone

Quick Reply