Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Wataru Endo Player Thread (M)

Read 30511 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Re: Wataru Endo Player Thread (M)
      Reply #345: Feb 19, 2024 06:56:25 pm
      I’m guessing he didn’t cost enough for you
      I love Endo and think he's been a huge asset to our squad. When someone else has a different opinion of me (clearly this dude does) I just agree to disagree. You should try that everyone once in a while, instead of jabbing at any and everybody.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3492 
      Reply #346: Feb 19, 2024 07:06:05 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #347: Feb 19, 2024 07:13:41 pm
      I’m guessing he didn’t cost enough for you

What’s that got anything to do with his ability as a DM?

When you can analyse a game and player without your Liverpool kit on maybe we can discuss what he actually brings to the team.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3492 
      Reply #348: Feb 19, 2024 07:15:30 pm
      What’s that got anything to do with his ability as a DM?

Because his ability as a DM this season has been superb , been one of our players of the season

Maybe he just isn’t glamorous for you and it’s a cheap and cheerful signing

Looking back we got the better deal out of him and Caicedo clearly
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #349: Feb 19, 2024 07:16:38 pm
      Because his ability as a DM this season has been superb , been one of our players of the season

Maybe he just isn’t glamorous for you and it’s a cheap and cheerful signing

Looking back we got the better deal out of him and Caicedo clearly

That last statement sums up your childish views of a superfan. Are you about 10 years old?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3492 
      Reply #350: Feb 19, 2024 07:22:13 pm
      That last statement sums up your childish views of a superfan. Are you about 10 years old?

Did we not get the better deal then ?

Chelsea spent over £120mil for a player that’s been poor since day one for them

And we spent £17mil on a player that’s been excellent for us and a big reason why we challenging for 4 trophies

Endo is key for Klopp - was the first player to start 8 games on the bounce in the midfield for a number of years and then straight back into the team when he came back
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #351: Feb 19, 2024 07:27:03 pm
      Did we not get the better deal then ?

Chelsea spent over £120mil for a player that’s been poor since day one for them

And we spent £17mil on a player that’s been excellent for us and a big reason why we challenging for 4 trophies

Endo is key for Klopp - was the first player to start 8 games on the bounce in the midfield for a number of years and then straight back into the team when he came back

He is playing for a poor team, I’m pretty sure if we had got him he would have taken us to another level.

You are comparing a 29 year old journey man who nobody wanted to a player who was one of the best DM’s in the league with Brighton.
      Endo was a last ditch signing because the screwed up over the summer.

You just carry on talking bollocks!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3492 
      Reply #352: Feb 19, 2024 07:30:41 pm
      He is playing for a poor team, I’m pretty sure if we had got him he would have taken us to another level.

You are comparing a 29 year old journey man who nobody wanted to a player who was one of the best DM’s in the league with Brighton.
      Endo was a last ditch signing because the screwed up over the summer.

You just carry on talking bollocks!

Well clearly we wanted him 🤷‍♂️

You are judging him based on the way he was signed

He has outperformed Caicedo who has stunk the place out - maybe he was vastly overrated and it was MacAllister who was key in that midfield

Endo has been superb - you won’t see that because he wasn’t the flashy £100mil signing
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #353: Feb 19, 2024 07:31:06 pm
      Probably the same lot who thought we would miss Hendo’s “leadership” who now think Endo is a world beater!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #354: Feb 19, 2024 07:34:56 pm
      Well clearly we wanted him 🤷‍♂️

You are judging him based on the way he was signed

He has outperformed Caicedo who has stunk the place out - maybe he was vastly overrated and it was MacAllister who was key in that midfield

Endo has been superb - you won’t see that because he wasn’t the flashy £100mil signing

I can see exactly what Endo is providing and it’s exactly what a player who has spent the majority of his career at a lower league club would offer.
      Endo has been playing at his level - which we can upgrade very easily.

Your and my understanding of superb is clearly miles off.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #355: Feb 19, 2024 07:52:38 pm
      Tidy footballer who is an asset in the squad.

Could we upgrade? Of course.

But for now I think he's the best we have at DM.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #356: Feb 19, 2024 08:06:59 pm
      He’s bang average, can’t believe the fandom he gets.

Sure he’s better than Fabinho but doesn’t say a lot seeing as though Fab’s legs fell off last season.

He gets beat very easily, has virtually zero recovery speed, so no wonder we are on the back foot so often when teams attack. He is good in the air though no doubt and has actually been better on the ball than without it.
      Maybe it’s the fact he goes steaming into mistimed tackles that posters think makes him a world beater.

A decent squad player.

Don't agree with this at all. But of course you are entitled to your opinion.

I think he's done a good job for us and was integral to our improvement in form before the Asia Cup.

He's finally got a starting role and I think he does alot of the dirty work, with no fuss and this allows others to do what they do best.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #357: Feb 19, 2024 08:13:25 pm
      Probably the same lot who thought we would miss Hendo’s “leadership” who now think Endo is a world beater!

You should watch Ben Foster's podcast where he talks about Hendo's influence in the LFC team.  Hearing it come from not just a fellow professional, but also one who doesn't particularly like LFC just shows how important Hendo was to our success under Klopp. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3492 
      Reply #358: Feb 19, 2024 08:31:13 pm
      You should watch Ben Foster's podcast where he talks about Hendo's influence in the LFC team.  Hearing it come from not just a fellow professional, but also one who doesn't particularly like LFC just shows how important Hendo was to our success under Klopp.

That was a very good podcast

It was very evident also during the Covid games when you could hear how vocal he was
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #359: Feb 19, 2024 08:52:17 pm

Been getting bigged up by the Ajax players for how vocal he is in the dressing room and leader on the pitch.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 219 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #360: Feb 19, 2024 11:50:08 pm

Are you alright? Like do you need someone to call your GP to check in on you?

Endo is doing more on his own this season than our entire midfield offered last, whilst that in isolation isn't saying a  great deal we could take it a few steps further.

He's started the last 8 games he's been available for us in, we haven't lost any of them and he's helped play an important part of that. Do you think Klopp would be starting him this much recently if he didn't think he was capable of taking us where we want to be? He's doing what's asked of him to the best of his ability, constantly in the high 80s for pass completion, the player who wins the most duels and makes the most ball recoveries. These are facts you can't argue.

Caicedo chose Chelsea, he's been F***ing dog crap for them and cost 115 F***ing million pounds.....they can both get fu**ed for all I care.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #361: Feb 20, 2024 12:15:49 am

Tf are you on about?

Are you trying to alude that Hendo wasn't a leader here? And Endo is not a good player?

Bizarre coming from a Liverpool supporter.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 824 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #362: Feb 20, 2024 09:43:21 am
      Endo has been one of our most consistent players of late, not a bad word to say about him from me.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 450 
      Reply #363: Feb 20, 2024 11:37:54 am
      I'm sold on the lad I must admit. Think he's been class for us this season.

So much so I've looked deep into his stats so far and noticed he's on 7 yellows in the league. If he hits 10 before 32 games played he'll serve a 2 game ban.

I hope he can escape it because that would be a blow.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 219 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #364: Feb 20, 2024 11:54:00 am
      I'm sold on the lad I must admit. Think he's been class for us this season.

So much so I've looked deep into his stats so far and noticed he's on 7 yellows in the league. If he hits 10 before 32 games played he'll serve a 2 game ban.

I hope he can escape it because that would be a blow.

When Jones is back it might mean he needs to drop to the bench for a few games and be used to see out games instead (where he's less likely needed to stop a counter).
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 219 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #365: Feb 22, 2024 11:06:25 am
      He's F***ing ace. One of the first names on the teamsheet for me.

Making the doubters (& there were a fair few of them) look stupid now.

Only regret is we couldn't get him or someone like him a season earlier as I reckon we could be playing CL football right now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #366: Feb 22, 2024 01:36:00 pm
      Are you alright? Like do you need someone to call your GP to check in on you?

Endo is doing more on his own this season than our entire midfield offered last, whilst that in isolation isn't saying a  great deal we could take it a few steps further.

He's started the last 8 games he's been available for us in, we haven't lost any of them and he's helped play an important part of that. Do you think Klopp would be starting him this much recently if he didn't think he was capable of taking us where we want to be? He's doing what's asked of him to the best of his ability, constantly in the high 80s for pass completion, the player who wins the most duels and makes the most ball recoveries. These are facts you can't argue.

Caicedo chose Chelsea, he's been F***ing dog crap for them and cost 115 F***ing million pounds.....they can both get fu**ed for all I care.

Why didn’t Klopp choose Endo before we started bidding for Caicedo or the Saints lad, must just like throwing the clubs money down the drain seeing as though both those two are dog crap.

Endo is the only DM hence he gets played funnily enough when we had a fully fit midfield Klopp preferred Mac as the DM!

His stats are nothing remarkable for a player in his position.
      He has good passages and equally poor during a game none of his abilities or stats are elite like a peak Fabinho for example.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #367: Feb 22, 2024 01:39:55 pm
      Tf are you on about?

Are you trying to alude that Hendo wasn't a leader here? And Endo is not a good player?

Bizarre coming from a Liverpool supporter.

Where was his leadership last season?

Are you implying he is a better leader than VVD there is a reason Klopp let him leave - leadership = F**k all if your legs are gone!

Any way time to take a break from here let you lot all gloat over the world beater Endo - look forward to him picking up PFA player of the year award 😂

Quick Reply