Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mohammed Salah >> Al Ittihad

Read 21975 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Mohammed Salah >> Al Ittihad
      Reply #437: Sep 04, 2023 10:36:40 am
      When Torres went his form wasn't good, he was on the downslope, thought we got got really good money for him at the time. 
      Mo's form hasn't slipped. Leading scorer for 6 seasons. Still looks hungry.

Your right though, the question is can we replace him properly.
      One good thing is that it's likely big money will be there for him again next summer - and so we have time to plan for his exit - and we have shown that, given time, we are generally good at replacing well.

Will Mo want to go though at the end of this season. Who knows.

Correct, Torres had basically downed tools. fell out with the owners.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #438: Sep 04, 2023 10:37:36 am

Something a lot of folk chatting sh1t have not even mentioned. Salah wants to stay. Hes never once indicated he wants to join the arab retirement pub league. l o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #439: Sep 04, 2023 10:38:49 am

Mo wants to win more stuff with LFC. He is here to stay.

I would not be surprised to see him play with us till his contract expires then go on a free.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,689 posts | 146 
      Reply #440: Sep 04, 2023 11:32:00 am
      Not a chance he's leaving when we are challenging for the league, if we started like last season I would be worried.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,689 posts | 146 
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts | 726 
      Reply #442: Sep 04, 2023 01:32:48 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #443: Sep 04, 2023 01:36:00 pm
      tell me that my figures are wrong then prove that those neg spend actually went back into the club 3 season with a neg spend of nearly £80mil.

Why when finances in footy F***ing bore me?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #444: Sep 04, 2023 01:38:13 pm
      it is the truth dont you like and when did you jump on the FSG bandwagon .
      We needed to rebuild because we failed to take advantage of our 19/20 teams and they got older. Why dont you tell us which business men made money from football it is historically one way to loose a fortune. Twit and tw*t saw the value of the club raise to £300mil not £3billion or £4billion our "business model" cost us over the past few years we could have won so much more and Jürgen deserved that backing.
      Waste of time discussing this as you dont want to look to the eventual outcome when  Linda pumps John Henry's heart just a bit too much and then the family come lookingfor the will and we will be at the mercy of a lot of greedy scumbags  and once again who has made money from Football at any time

I never jumped on any F***ing bandwagon, I just deal in reality. Unless there is another F**k off rich business to buy them out!!
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 833 posts | 298 
      Reply #445: Sep 04, 2023 02:09:15 pm
      I don't have any concerns about Mo leaving this week. The club have made it clear that he is not for sale and are in a much stronger position than when we stated that Suarez would not leave in the summer Arsenal put in the 40m plus £1 bid.
      His agent said there were no plans for him to leave. I don't think we can expect him to be more explicit than that. Mo might want to play in Saudi in the future and will also want to protect his public image. I've got no problems with him keeping quiet about this in public and potentially even having some meetings with Saudi league people. He probably wants to keep his options open but we've brought in some good players, have started the season better than most of us expected and look like genuine title contenders.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #446: Sep 04, 2023 02:34:50 pm
      We’re the best club and he should not be leaving. That’s it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #447: Sep 04, 2023 04:19:48 pm
      We’re the best club and he should not be leaving. That’s it.

Quite right.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :gt-happyup:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #448: Sep 04, 2023 05:41:04 pm

They need to F**k off asking other players.

Firstly they’re hardly gonna turn round and say they can’t wait to see the back of him because then at least somebody else might be able to be the top scorer.

Secondly it’s not up to the other players to be fronting those sort of questions. That’s up to Mo, Klopp and the board.

But at least all the noises coming out from the club are positive. Clear as day nobody at the club wants to see him go and hopefully it stays that way because I can’t fathom anyone thinking we’re a better squad without Mo Salah in it.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #449: Sep 04, 2023 05:49:43 pm

Great he has shared this pic on his Twitter following the game, a really positive sign that his head is in the right space.

I wonder if the Saudi's really are planning to come back in with another bid before Thursday. I think he goes there's inevitably at some stage so if they place a bigger bid this week and it's turned down they pretty much have to bid the same amoint again when they come back in for him beit January or next summer. It might actually work to the club's advantage if they do make this rumoured £200 million bid so they can knock it back.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #450: Sep 04, 2023 05:56:25 pm
      Sky with some breaking news that the Saudis are gonna try again for Mo before their window closes on Thursday.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #451: Sep 04, 2023 06:09:38 pm
      Sky with some breaking news that the Saudis are gonna try again for Mo before their window closes on Thursday.
      Seems pretty pointless. Would be a good indication of what we could expect in future though if he was to leave
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #452: Sep 04, 2023 06:21:16 pm
      Some people say £200m is too good to turn down but what's the cost of risking our whole season by losing our main man in attack, financial or otherwise? No thanks. They've had ages to bid. At this point they can f*cking do one!
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #453: Sep 04, 2023 06:26:24 pm
      Some people say £200m is too good to turn down but what's the cost of risking our whole season by losing our main man in attack, financial or otherwise? No thanks. They've had ages to bid. At this point they can f*cking do one!

I think it would be too good to turn down for a player his age IF (and only IF) it was a one off offer that would not be repeated but we all know that they will be back in for Mo at a later date if they're unsuccessful this time. A similar offer will come in again during the Jan window and then in the summer. The club's hierarchy must know this. All the noises suggest they will reject any bid and it seems Mo is being as professional as he ever is so i don't think we have anything to worry about.

I still feel a lot better about it once Thursday has passed though, there is always the niggling doubt. I want rid of it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #454: Sep 04, 2023 06:38:40 pm
      Surely not for sale at this point no matter the offer.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #455: Sep 04, 2023 06:46:21 pm
      Just seen that on sky, why cant they just F**k off, he's not for sale 😡
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #456: Sep 04, 2023 06:51:57 pm

I think it would be too good to turn down for a player his age IF (and only IF) it was a one off offer that would not be repeated but we all know that they will be back in for Mo at a later date if they're unsuccessful this time. A similar offer will come in again during the Jan window and then in the summer. The club's hierarchy must know this. All the noises suggest they will reject any bid and it seems Mo is being as professional as he ever is so i don't think we have anything to worry about.

I still feel a lot better about it once Thursday has passed though, there is always the niggling doubt. I want rid of it.

Think it’s a win win for Liverpool regardless if he does leave which is extremely unlikely now. I still believe Salah should have put the fans at ease though and not leaving it to others that he’s staying.

They could offer 200 million but can’t see anything happening till next summer now but outside chance in the January window which would give you chance to find a replacement. Nice thing is though you’re still going to get 100/150 million when he’s a year older such the demand for him.

Hendo deserved his critics from Liverpool fans the way he left but don’t think Salah will get the same treatment providing he’s here till at least January.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #457: Sep 04, 2023 06:55:00 pm
      https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1698336387433447633

The look on his face as he hears the question  :lmao:
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #458: Sep 04, 2023 07:18:10 pm
      Salah is going nowhere. He's obviously communicated that to players and the club. Klopp said any bid will be rejected. He wants to stay here.

Salah doesn't have to say anything. And even if he said I'm staying they'd still report bs. His post on twitter speaks volumes.

He's going nowhere. Sky as usual have nothing to report.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #459: Sep 04, 2023 07:37:32 pm
      Salah is going nowhere. He's obviously communicated that to players and the club. Klopp said any bid will be rejected. He wants to stay here.

Salah doesn't have to say anything. And even if he said I'm staying they'd still report bs. His post on twitter speaks volumes.

He's going nowhere. Sky as usual have nothing to report.

He's not going anywhere because he loves the club, manager, players, fans, city.

Would love if he signed a 2 year extension to his contract just to rub it in Saudi's faces!

Quick Reply