Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      45 (54.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      20 (24.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (4.8%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      1 (1.2%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (2.4%)
      Luis Diaz
      3 (3.6%)
      Cody Gakpo
      4 (4.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Oct 04, 2023 07:37:58 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22122 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #874: Oct 01, 2023 02:12:27 pm
      Didn’t a spurs player stomp on Diaz in a prior game, the still looks exactly like Curtis yesterday…..did he get sent off?

Forget about it, there is no consistency whatsoever. These clowns are out there making up the rules as they go. Identical incidents will warrant two or even three different responses from a game to another, they draw lines when they feel like and hold up the game for 5 minutes at a time and other times there won't be any lines drawn despite a mistake being very apparent, handballs are given out like candies and even within this stupid mindset they can't stay consistent with the handballs they give with over 50% of them being objectively unavoidable for the player being sanctioned unless he was to play with his arms taped to his body.

I don't remember when is the last time a football game left me feeling like this. Usually, you go to bed and wake up feeling a bit better about, but what the F**k. Nothing about this feels any better. We lost Gakpo (boss says potentially ''bad''), 3/4 of the team is on yellows for no reason, 2 players red carded, and all of that for what to get robbed?

I'll try and focus on the positive stuff because believe it or not, this incredible team managed to offer us plenty despite all the circumstances:

We looked the better team all game long. Playing 11 v 11 we were the team creating the better chances, playing one man down we looked far more dangerous and this so called revolutionized Spurs teams feared us and even at 9 men we still looked like we could nick it while they looked helpless. I genuinely believe that if Jota is not unfairly sent off Nunez would've been subbed in and chances were very good of seeing him and Salah combine on a counter and win it for us.

If this is a sign of things to come and the lads take this game and make it a mental tool that will serve to heighten the team's spirit and make us go into games with a ''LIVERPOOL FC against everybody else'' then we are in for a hell of a ride. I have to say that I loved the lad's reactions on the pitch. Even when two men down they didn't look like they gave up or were focusing on being upset. They were smiling as if to say that they expected nothing less than to have to fight everyone and everything to get what they deserve. Even Jürgen looked like that.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #875: Oct 01, 2023 02:24:05 pm
      I could do a better job at VAR than those last night. And I am not joking one tiny bit.

So how they got things so wrong last night, simply beggars belief.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #876: Oct 01, 2023 02:24:15 pm

After 7 games….

Yea no agenda.
      You can only judge against other teams, not a period in history. The number of reason's to give red cards is higher now...even this season the parameters have increased.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #877: Oct 01, 2023 02:31:35 pm
      I could do a better job at VAR than those last night. And I am not joking one tiny bit.

So how they got things so wrong last night, simply beggars belief.

Being honest mate think we all could. 😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #878: Oct 01, 2023 02:36:44 pm
      You can only judge against other teams, not a period in history. The number of reason's to give red cards is higher now...even this season the parameters have increased.
      That’s not true. Same number of games, rules mostly the same, of course you can find relevance in studies looking at statistics over a time frame.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #879: Oct 01, 2023 03:21:10 pm
      Before i start i just want to say how proud i am of the boys after that performance yesterday. If Robbo had chinned that ref i would have backed him all the way. The boys deserve praise for keeping their cool and staying in the game until the end.

Apparently VAR have admitted they ballsed up the offside call, heard something in passing on the TV this morning, not sure what was said exactly.

Now then, Jones goes into the tackle and his foot slips off the ball. Referee gives on field yellow card and then receives an instruction to go and review decision on screen. Referee upgrades card to red.

Diaz scores a perfectly good goal and within 40 seconds it is ruled out when it is blatantly on side.

It was blatant cheating, nothing more.

I am absolutely F***ing fuming today. I don't mind losing as long as we lose fair and square. This was nothing but.

Player Jota chases trips over himself and gets yellow card. Second yellow was deserved but original yellow whicj shouldn't have been given means he is off and we are down to nine men.

P.S. Andros Townsend is a F***ing mincing beta male nonce! An absolute pussy of a little boy. Where do Sky get these F***ing muppets from?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #880: Oct 01, 2023 03:23:51 pm
      What's also annoying is how predictable it all was too, just didn't expect the corruption to be so clear.

As soon as City lost their game, the internet was full of fans saying that the fact they lost meant they would do everything in their power to make sure we don't get the 3 points now... and look what happens... it can't be that much of a coincidence...
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #881: Oct 01, 2023 03:25:15 pm
      Now comes to light the officials had been off in the UAE to officiate a game there and got back Friday night.

Two issues - first off, I’m not allowed other work in my employment without permission of my employer which WOULD NEVER BE GRANTED if it impacted on my performance in my role with them. It’s very normal to have that in contracts in daily life where we earn relative buttons, so how is it approved at that level when you have a game to manage the next day.

Second - the UAE? Really? Where there are two premier league clubs owned in the region? The potential for conflict is absolutely huge. The BEST case scenario is an owner of a club in the league is paying them a wage?? They aren’t going there for charity are they. Worst case is obviously corruption.

Again - in my job I have to declare my conflicts of interest and reconfirm them every year. Any conflict is then managed and I’m removed from any position of influence whatsoever (and I’m not in any senior role, normal middle management)….to the degree you think it’s ludicrous. I have to declare gifts over £25 let alone be allowed to earn a wage from a client (which is the most similar scenario I can see here). The reason they are so stringent for it isn’t just because of the potential for bribery but because it can obviously lead to BIAS in the decision making process, which 100% has happened here.

HOW can the premier league/FA/PGMOL with god knows how many lawyers on their payroll have these circumstances occur???
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2023 03:32:58 pm by RedWilly »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #882: Oct 01, 2023 03:29:29 pm
      Exactly their first loss in the league with a cup loss a few days earlier and with injury problems that they will put right in January.  On that same day not one but so many people make error after error.   
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #883: Oct 01, 2023 03:33:37 pm
      I've just watched the recording of the game and the PGMOL admitted that the goal should have awarded by VAR during their check but they failed to intervene.

So let me get this right. Referee asks for check on offside decision, VAR official checks replay, sees it is a goal and forgets to tell the referee?

F**k me, i am even more angry now. This is evil.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #884: Oct 01, 2023 03:56:20 pm
      That’s not true. Same number of games, rules mostly the same, of course you can find relevance in studies looking at statistics over a time frame.
      You can compare but the results are not valid. It's folly to compare pre VAR stats with post VAR stats...in much the same you can't compare bowling( or batting ) figures in cricket before DRS. The sanction relative to the perceived offence is also vastly different, with hardly any tolerance now for a tackle...not the case back in the day ...hence centre halves like Brian Labone could have a career of 400+.. games and never be booked.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #885: Oct 01, 2023 04:28:22 pm
      You can compare but the results are not valid. It's folly to compare pre VAR stats with post VAR stats...in much the same you can't compare bowling( or batting ) figures in cricket before DRS. The sanction relative to the perceived offence is also vastly different, with hardly any tolerance now for a tackle...not the case back in the day ...hence centre halves like Brian Labone could have a career of 400+.. games and never be booked.
      VAR wasn’t introduced this year, it’s been in effect for awhile now. So yes it’s a perfectly valid question to ask why are we being given so many more red cards this year.

Not sure why you are so hell bent on trying to defend the referees or the league. It’s the worst kept secret that our games are officiated differently than most other teams.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #886: Oct 01, 2023 04:33:51 pm
      P.S. Andros Townsend is a F***ing mincing beta male nonce! An absolute pussy of a little boy. Where do Sky get these F***ing muppets from?

Been touched by Everton!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #887: Oct 01, 2023 05:05:35 pm
      having received 5 yellow cards and 2 reds will we be receiving a fine from the FA go on I dare them. Still feel so angry for the lads all the team including coaching who put so much preparation into the game only to see it torn apart by more FA idiots. We never seem to have so much trouble playing in Europe as we do in the EPL the standards could not be any lower than they are now anyone with a bald head needs removing from the rota and Mike Dean needs to be removed from SKY he is just another dumb ass idiot
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #888: Oct 01, 2023 05:16:24 pm
      VAR wasn’t introduced this year, it’s been in effect for awhile now. So yes it’s a perfectly valid question to ask why are we being given so many more red cards this year.

Not sure why you are so hell bent on trying to defend the referees or the league. It’s the worst kept secret that our games are officiated differently than most other teams.
      Some clarity: I wasn't referring to this year in isolation, I was referring to the graphic you posted with all season's being Pre-VAR apart from this season.
      I have posted the standard of refereeing is shocking...appalling...d ire etc..etc., BUT in the absence of evidence to the contrary I don't believe they are corrupt. There might well be some of them on the take....Perhaps when I see a referee getting into a Ferrari I'll change my mind.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #889: Oct 01, 2023 05:28:37 pm
      Sending off of both LFC players seemed very harsh to my mind to say the least. I thought Alisson was MotM for the saves he pulled off. Matip was desperately unlucky with the own goal in the final seconds of an exciting game. Simply everything went against us on the day.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #890: Oct 01, 2023 05:41:56 pm
      After admitting the mistake publicly, I don’t see a reason why the match can’t be replayed?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #891: Oct 01, 2023 05:46:51 pm
      After admitting the mistake publicly, I don’t see a reason why the match can’t be replayed?

Dream on mate !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #892: Oct 01, 2023 05:47:52 pm

It won’t be replayed
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts | 28 
      Reply #893: Oct 01, 2023 07:05:32 pm
      Sending off of both LFC players seemed very harsh to my mind to say the least. I thought Alisson was MotM for the saves he pulled off. Matip was desperately unlucky with the own goal in the final seconds of an exciting game. Simply everything went against us on the day.

From watching many many games, most ref would try to avoid giving a second red card to one team.  Because they know this action would almost decide the final result of the game.  But of course exception would be the ref has his own agenda.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 452 
      Reply #894: Oct 01, 2023 07:24:13 pm
      I've just watched the recording of the game and the PGMOL admitted that the goal should have awarded by VAR during their check but they failed to intervene.

So let me get this right. Referee asks for check on offside decision, VAR official checks replay, sees it is a goal and forgets to tell the referee?

F**k me, i am even more angry now. This is evil.

Nah the VAR thought the goal was given on field but we all know it wasn't.

Seeing the replay and believing a goal had been given on field he said check complete meaning stick with your on field decision.

But he was wrong the official gave offside so when he said check complete the ref obviously went with the on field call of no goal.

Total F**k up.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #895: Oct 01, 2023 07:38:14 pm

🤦‍♂️
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #896: Oct 01, 2023 07:38:27 pm
      cant help but think the Baldy Ref division are just supporting their mate Tierney we already know from Mike Dean that they look after each other.
      The gall of Web phoning  LFC to apologise is just sweet did apologise for all his favoured UTD decisions we all know he is a devotee of Ferguson

Quick Reply