Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

Injuries 23/24

Read 33149 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,638 posts | 772 
      Re: Injuries 23/24
      Reply #92: Jan 09, 2024 02:40:14 pm
      we need a defender in Jan, desperately
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,378 posts | 1680 
      Reply #93: Jan 09, 2024 02:45:21 pm
      Not great updates be March before Thiago and Bajetic ready properly . Robbo mid Feb probably and now Trent for some weeks
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,399 posts | 3541 
      Reply #94: Jan 09, 2024 02:53:04 pm
      we need a defender in Jan, desperately

They arenā€™t going to buy a defender when three will return from injury within the next 2/3 weeks
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #95: Jan 09, 2024 03:01:29 pm
      Trent done his knee, that's all we need. Might get back for Arsenal away or whatever, just have to knuckle down and get through these next 6/7 games. Fulham better not piss me off...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,244 posts | 4422 
      Reply #96: Jan 09, 2024 03:02:45 pm
      The annual injury crisis well under way I see.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #97: Jan 09, 2024 03:03:08 pm
      Incredibly difficult to compete for everything unless you get real fortunate with injuries. Weā€™re being bitten hard now + 2 key players away at tournaments.
      Only positive is itā€™s not the worst time for Trent to get injured, if recovery goes well he could miss 1 league game? But if goes even slightly longer heā€™d miss Chelsea and arsenalā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..

Just gotta dig deep in the next month, and pray most of the injuries are back by feb and we donā€™t lose anyone between now and then.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,348 posts | 2846 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #98: Jan 09, 2024 03:11:53 pm
      Jarell Quansah is a right-footed centre-back who also regularly played right-back during his youth years.[3][4]

Could this work?
      DanMann

• 5,806 posts | 893 
      Reply #99: Jan 09, 2024 03:23:10 pm
      Jarell Quansah is a right-footed centre-back who also regularly played right-back during his youth years.[3][4]

Could this work?

Quickly get this message to Klopp. He needs to know this  :f_whistle:
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #100: Jan 09, 2024 03:40:35 pm
      Quickly get this message to Klopp. He needs to know this  :f_whistle:

Speculated with BTR as to whether Bradley is ready to step up releasing Trent into mid.Different circumstances now obviously but we'll soon find out as he could be penciled in for the next few weeks. Might consider Quanny as RB but just have to find the right solution. I'd go with Bradley.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #101: Jan 09, 2024 03:50:27 pm
      I mean this is just friggin' typical...isn't it...I mean WTF is this now..just getting good and now this..I mean WTF...I blame that fecker..Shearer...put the friggin mockers on us he did....hope he sits on a bleedin' hedgehog..
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2024 03:58:21 pm by Harrisimo »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #102: Jan 09, 2024 06:42:10 pm
      Horrible news on Trent.   May be we should have let Arsenal win too many fixtures ahead especially with the player gone on international duties and these injuries are stacking up.   
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #103: Jan 09, 2024 07:07:27 pm
      Horrible news on Trent.   May be we should have let Arsenal win too many fixtures ahead especially with the player gone on international duties and these injuries are stacking up.

Yeah and it's just a kick in balls isn't. Really pissed off with the injuries now. Might only be 4/5 games and we have to think positively but still a friggin' big blow. Reading up on the injury says it very often can heal on it's own. More substantial tears need surgery.

Just watch the Fulham game closely seeing how we cope without Trent.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #104: Jan 09, 2024 07:27:32 pm
      Not ideal obviously but weā€™ve had a mini injury crisis before and coped, and we will so again, every club has injuries we all know this, itā€™s just our turn..again..Connor Iā€™m sure will do a grand job, heā€™s certainly got the talent, so although he canā€™t do what Trent does passing/shootin/dead balls, he can defend and he can get forward,

Iā€™m certainly not panicking, JĆ¼rgen has faith in his youngsters and thatā€™s all we need to know, and if you canā€™t trust him now, you never will, trust me 😜

YNWA
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #105: Jan 09, 2024 07:37:41 pm
      Injuries are part and parcel of the game, there's no point in getting down in the dumps....all you can do is accept and adapt to them, and put your trust in the players stepping up...and hope for the best.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,774 posts | 3954 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #106: Jan 09, 2024 07:41:53 pm
      Injuries are part and parcel of the game, there's no point in getting down in the dumps....all you can do is accept and adapt to them, and put your trust in the players stepping up...and hope for the best.

Hate to see player overload dismissed as ā€œpart and parcelā€ of the modern game.

As long as Associations put amount of games and the money ahead of player welfare it will be.

Getting close to players being flat out 12 months of the year. No recovery possible and wonder why they burn out young
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #107: Jan 09, 2024 08:11:56 pm
      Hate to see player overload dismissed as ā€œpart and parcelā€ of the modern game.

As long as Associations put amount of games and the money ahead of player welfare it will be.

Getting close to players being flat out 12 months of the year. No recovery possible and wonder why they burn out young
      Nothing to do with dismissing anything.
      Thankfully there's never been more player welfare than there is now. The amount of games are a result of being successful...if you go deep in tournaments then you play more games. Burn out young?....like James Milner, still playing at 102
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,565 posts | 231 
      Reply #108: Jan 09, 2024 08:19:37 pm
      We just need bodies back

To me it still makes no sense buying a defender as we have the numbers

But something does need to be done, we have to give a young left or right back a chance but we are down to bare jones but we can get through it

So many injuries we need back but we have the fire power to still power through imo
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #109: Jan 09, 2024 08:23:53 pm
      We just need bodies back

To me it still makes no sense buying a defender as we have the numbers

But something does need to be done, we have to give a young left or right back a chance but we are down to bare jones but we can get through it

So many injuries we need back but we have the fire power to still power through imo
      I suppose the clue is in the name: Keep the Faith.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,244 posts | 4422 
      Reply #110: Jan 09, 2024 08:37:44 pm

If the club are not going to spend or if he wants a small squad either way then he should be rotating more.

No one made him play Trent against Arsenal.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #111: Jan 09, 2024 08:44:18 pm
      Yeah and it's just a kick in balls isn't. Really pissed off with the injuries now. Might only be 4/5 games and we have to think positively but still a friggin' big blow. Reading up on the injury says it very often can heal on it's own. More substantial tears need surgery.

Just watch the Fulham game closely seeing how we cope without Trent.

What is it? 9 major first team players out if you count kosta and Thiago or thereabouts.   It's horrible but hey we need the mentality monsters to navigate us through this period.   Along with the internationals and injuries spanners thrown at us you can bet that VAR is going to throw banana skins at us.
      Harrisimo

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #112: Jan 09, 2024 09:07:00 pm
      Pep Lijnders has said a few times that losing Trent is a big blow. Agreeing with that doesn't mean were throwing the towel in. BTR pointed out that we've overcome big injuries before and that's what we will do.

I'm well pissed off over the injuries but it doesn't mean I think we will fold. We have options. And it will bring Bradley development forward. Could be that Brad was being groomed to take the RB and due to injury he'll get his opportunity slightly quicker.

10 days off after Fulham so that helps.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 924 posts | 156 
      Reply #113: Jan 09, 2024 09:27:10 pm
      Nothing to do with dismissing anything.
      Thankfully there's never been more player welfare than there is now. The amount of games are a result of being successful...if you go deep in tournaments then you play more games. Burn out young?....like James Milner, still playing at 102
      He's 102 already? Jeez, they grow up so quick....
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 924 posts | 156 
      Reply #114: Jan 09, 2024 09:43:46 pm
      Anyway, back on topic...
      I'm shocked, absolutely shocked by today's news. Thiago absolutely nowhere near ready?
      I'm truly shocked!!!!!!

Quick Reply