Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (8.7%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      24 (34.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      6 (8.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      21 (30.4%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (1.4%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (7.2%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: Dec 27, 2023 07:26:09 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10586 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Dec 23, 2023 10:41:16 pm
      In terms of staying in touch with either, both or one of the leaders is what I meant, you watch them go from February onwards with KGB back. I'll be surprised if they don't win again by, 6-8 points.

De Bruyneā€™s sh*te anyway F**k him
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #415: Dec 23, 2023 10:47:14 pm
      Kavanagh upset Mo. Won the ball, battle for it, won it fairly and Kav blows then books Mo for more or less saying 'I won it fairly'.

Saying 'Ref you got wrong' is not abuse or overly disrespectful. In light of the Ref Hilil Meler getting chinned in Turkey we have to respect Refs but I think Ref Kavanagh should've just said 'Chill Mo'.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #416: Dec 23, 2023 10:50:05 pm
      Much better performance than last weekend. Two top teams. Cracking game. Iā€™m fairly happy with the point. 1 point off the top going into crimbo, Iā€™d have taken that if youā€™d offered it in the summer thatā€™s for sure.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #417: Dec 23, 2023 10:55:45 pm
      Henchoz 2001 FA Cup Final 1-1 Odegaard today
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #418: Dec 23, 2023 11:02:49 pm
      2nd in The Premiership with a could do better on the report card,  its murder eh ,😄 maybe we should have taken the 3 points today ,had enough chances but we move on.
       Mo scores and does heehaw else but what a goal,,The Greeks knacks his shoulder,, Joey played real good ,how's he no scored for Liverpool by the way ,he gets himself into some great positions keep it up fella it`ll happen ,Big Virg and Ibou were impressive  after the injuries we`ve had Im delighted where we are ,the mids ticking over and can improve , all these guys coming back Mac,Robbo, Diogo, and a few others at the business end of the season is a huge positive ,for a side thats work in progress we are well in there .
      Mo going will be a blow mind  ( Jan 13th - Feb 11th) misses Bournemouth Fulham X2 (Carabao + League ) Chelsea , Arsenal and Burnley, so that leaves Darwin with a free run to fill his boots, no, maybe  even a signing in the Jan window ,who knows .😉

Mon The Redmen
      Millsy75
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 47 
      Reply #419: Dec 23, 2023 11:12:29 pm
      Henchoz 2001 FA Cup Final 1-1 Odegaard today
      yeh ,but todays had men sat in a room looking at replays ,also checking their betting slips
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1775 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #420: Dec 24, 2023 12:29:10 am
      Clda shlda won. But take the draw. All good.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1775 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #421: Dec 24, 2023 12:30:25 am
      Oh and aye. Handball= penalty
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #422: Dec 24, 2023 01:58:30 am
      Trent oh boy!! We had to score there it was 4v1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #423: Dec 24, 2023 09:11:59 am
      Trent oh boy!! We had to score there it was 4v1

This was no gimme, first you can only control the direction of the ball restricted, so there is always a chance to shoot right into the goalie, second the pass from Mo was not flat but left the ball bouncing minimally due to uneven surface. I say: put a god-like footballer there, the exact same situation, and even he scores only 6/10 times.

Looking at xG we did fine: LFC (0.98) vs. Ars (0.85). And we missed: MacAllister, Robbo, Baj, Thiago, Jota. Almost all of them would have played over the player who actually did play. I could understand JĆ¼rgen if he does not move on anything in January. If we are healthy, we are good enough to win it; and we do not have or do not want to have the funds like City to make sure that even if we are not healthy we have enough talent.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #424: Dec 24, 2023 09:27:02 am
      I think we need someone to step up because we have the numbers there but not the quality but I just donā€™t see it

Diaz looks absolutely a shadow of his pre injury version of himself

Maybe if jota can come back? Itā€™s worrying for sure, the lack of quality bar Salah is so weird to see considering what we had before

Just need someone to hit form but hope we can somehow pull it through but I am very very worried as well

I can see us struggling to score

Worry worry worry worry worry, Aw Naw, itā€™s all doom and f***in gloom, how are we ever ever gonna cope again, worry worry worry, careful now, we might slip down the table a place or two, oh no, City will have KDB back soon and then weā€™re all fu**ed, Mo off to the Afcon, how the F**k are we supposed to score goals without Mo,
      Aw naw, we got the barcodes soon, Help !!!!

Merry Xmas
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #425: Dec 24, 2023 10:11:39 am
      I'm worried by the lack of control we still show in midfield. Arsenal midfielders can orient the game much better. As for our scorers, no one was really threatening. Diaz should be more direct, or closer to the goal... I hate to see Salah and Diaz so much on the wing, Mane and Salah used to score more because Firmino dropped and allowed them to cut inside. Now our wingers spend most of the time on the wings and crossing for nobody or trying to create for themselves. We're poor in creating opportunities from possession, we score mostly on counterattacks. Raya did not have a lot to do in the 2nd half.

A draw is better than nothing, we could and should play better and the good news is that we were unlucky not to beat them.  I fear that we're letting invaluable points slide recklessly and City will make us pay for it, we can bet on it.

I'm not trying to focus on the negative only but only saying that we still have a lot to work on if we ant to challenge for the league.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #426: Dec 24, 2023 10:26:15 am
      Another penalty that we were blatantly robbed of has left us another two points shy of where we should be. And ultimately itā€™s nigh on impossible to beat the system when the system is intent on making sure you donā€™t win.

We were the better team for most of the game, probably other than the first and last ten minutes of the match. And have shown once again how much of a threat we are to this title race even if the media donā€™t want to admit it and instead just focus on the opposition.

Conceded a very poor goal but scored one of pure quality. Slight worry with Kostasā€™s injury but Iā€™m sure weā€™ll cope - we always do after all.

And for a season that was written off before a ball had been kicked could still see us top after half of our fixtures have been played. Beat Burnley on Boxing Day and were top after 19 games, not bad really.

Alisson didnā€™t have too much to do as is so often the case these days despite our ā€œshakyā€ defence. Was caught in no manā€™s land for the goal and has to shoulder his portion of the blame for them taking the lead.

Alexander-Arnold really impressive first half with some lovely passes, quieter second but put in a decent defensive showing against some tricky wide players. And he has to score that chance to win the game.

Konate the man is an absolute beast. The best centre half in the world in the making. Absolutely bossed it last night.

Van Dijk carrying on his incredible form since the Newcastle sending off. First few games this season he looked off it but since that red card heā€™s been as good as he ever was.

Tsimikas injury couldnā€™t of come at a worse time for him as he was really finding his feet at left back but itā€™s not a disaster (for us) with Robbo due back soon. He was doing a decent job on Saka as well.

Szoboszlai another fairly quiet performance from him. And these are the games he needs to start turning up in.

Endo is like Kostas in that he benefitting from continued game time. Heā€™s growing into that role in a way I didnā€™t think he would. Picked up his yellow card but it was a good booking for us, something we havenā€™t always done is pick up those sort of bookings. And then controlled himself for the rest of the game to avoid a red.

Jones after the West Ham game I was hoping for a big performance from Curtis yesterday and he again disappointed. Itā€™s just that consistency that makes him a squad player.

Salah sort of your typical Mo Salah performance this season. Quite poor with the ball for the most part but ends up on the scoresheet and shows that he does still have that quality.

Gakpo was hardly in the game and probably had people questioning why Nunez didnā€™t start (those his performance from the bench probably answered why)

Diaz one his quieter games yesterday, donā€™t really remember much from him.

Gomez had a shaky start when he came on and why he didnā€™t shoot in the first half I donā€™t know but grew into the game and had another effort that proves he will score this season.

Elliott wasnā€™t the super sub performance weā€™ve come to expect from Harvey but I think the team as a whole was on the wane when the subs came on.

Gravenberch Iā€™ve sang this lads praises since his debut but he was F***ing dreadful yesterday. Not sure if he made one successful pass did he? Really poor from the Dutchman.

Nunez didnā€™t offer too much when he came on other than a bit of pace but it didnā€™t amount to much. Probably should have been played through the middle but who am I to tell JĆ¼rgen where he should play players?

Overall a game that we could and should have won but itā€™s not the end of the world that we only got a draw. We havenā€™t lost any ground in the title race and itā€™s still in our hands.

Win in a couple of days and weā€™re top (again) for however long remains to be seen.

As crimbos go, itā€™s not the worst.
      « Last Edit: Dec 24, 2023 08:24:58 pm by dunlop liddell shankly »
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #427: Dec 24, 2023 10:38:43 am
      Well so far this season we have dropped points twice to obvious VAR rulings , could be vital at the end of the season so I really think the club should meet with the official people and sort it !  thought we played really well after going 1-0 down ,Endo my MOTM ,really growing into the 6 position .Great goal by Mo and we just need to be more ruthless in front of goal ,not an excuse but they have crammed lots of games and training session in lately and may be a tad weary .Looks like Joe Gomez will be our left back for a short time due to Kostas injury .
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #428: Dec 24, 2023 11:07:41 am
      Width of a crossbar.

But we have to start playing well consistently. We are almost halfway through and a point off the top with City looking less than stellar. This might be a great opportunity to bag no. 20. Something I admit I did not see happening this season.

We have Thiago, Bajcetic, Jota, Mac Allister, and Robertson returning, so that'll help immensely.
      « Last Edit: Dec 24, 2023 02:37:23 pm by Rush »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #429: Dec 24, 2023 11:49:06 am
      We have Thiago, Bajcetic, Jota, Mac Allister, and Robertson returning, so that'll help immensely.

The sooner the better
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #430: Dec 24, 2023 02:38:44 pm
      I mean, you could make a cast iron case for four out of five of those players being first-team selections. That has to make a big difference when they're all unavailable.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #431: Dec 24, 2023 03:53:18 pm
      Well so far this season we have dropped points twice to obvious VAR rulings , could be vital at the end of the season so I really think the club should meet with the official people and sort it !  thought we played really well after going 1-0 down ,Endo my MOTM ,really growing into the 6 position .Great goal by Mo and we just need to be more ruthless in front of goal ,not an excuse but they have crammed lots of games and training session in lately and may be a tad weary .Looks like Joe Gomez will be our left back for a short time due to Kostas injury .

I just feel cheated once again by var
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #432: Dec 24, 2023 04:04:14 pm
      I just feel cheated once again by var

Don't feel cheated. Accept it for what it is. Another Manchester referee, Mr kavanagh born 3.5 miles from the etihad and who has close family with ties to city ... one who cost us a f*cking title at goodison with rodri handball etc etc didn't see a clear pen and the var Mr Cooper who has had us off previously chose to have us off again.

Its time fans started standing up against corruption in football and demanding impartial officials or just shut up and stop complaining when these incidents happen.

They will have us off plenty more times this season. Corrupt.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #433: Dec 24, 2023 05:42:38 pm
      Gutted we didnā€™t win, Arsenal fans are the worst! They think theyā€™re F***ing amazing! F**k off
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #434: Dec 24, 2023 06:17:13 pm
      Broken collarbone for Greek surely that's 3 -4 months out  need Robbo back sharpish injuries creeping up need bodies back

ā€œ Broken collarboneā€ jockeys are back riding in under six weeks (max) 🤞
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,333 posts | 281 
      Reply #435: Dec 24, 2023 07:13:57 pm
      I'm still livid about that non handball, he doesn't just bring it under control with his hand, he stops Salah getting to the ball 🤬
      rossyred

• 9,294 posts | 1664 
      Reply #436: Dec 24, 2023 07:22:55 pm
      ā€œ Broken collarboneā€ jockeys are back riding in under six weeks (max) 🤞

Be 3 months min

Quick Reply