Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Managerial Shortlist

Read 66944 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,944 posts | 452 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #874: Apr 01, 2024 11:00:12 pm
      My left field shout is Thomas Frank and I know folk will not be happy with that.

I think he would get the club in a similar way to what Jürgen has and I think the job he's done with Brentford has been about eeking as much out of a team as is possible which would translate well here.

His style of play is a little brutal and I'm not sure if that's just him doing what's best with what he's got or if that is his style of play but I'd say what Jürgen did with Mainz would be similar to what he's done with Brentford.

Without wanting to speak in too general a terms the likes of Amorim, De Zherbi and even Alonso could struggle if they can't get the fans behind what they're doing and they come across as more Pep style than Klopp.

Frank could carry on the heavy metal mentality.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #875: Apr 01, 2024 11:24:45 pm
      My left field shout is Thomas Frank and I know folk will not be happy with that.

I think he would get the club in a similar way to what Jürgen has and I think the job he's done with Brentford has been about eeking as much out of a team as is possible which would translate well here.

His style of play is a little brutal and I'm not sure if that's just him doing what's best with what he's got or if that is his style of play but I'd say what Jürgen did with Mainz would be similar to what he's done with Brentford.

Without wanting to speak in too general a terms the likes of Amorim, De Zherbi and even Alonso could struggle if they can't get the fans behind what they're doing and they come across as more Pep style than Klopp.

Frank could carry on the heavy metal mentality.
      Still just under an hour of 1st April to go....We've had Van Dyke...Bielsa....Lijinde rs....Potter..Van Goal. .....who's next in line?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,944 posts | 452 
      Reply #876: Apr 01, 2024 11:33:35 pm
      Still just under an hour of 1st April to go....We've had Van Dyke...Bielsa....Lijinde rs....Potter..Van Goal. .....who's next in line?

Gerrard?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #877: Apr 01, 2024 11:51:13 pm
      Paul Jewell, Kriss Akabusi, Ian Holloway
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #878: Apr 02, 2024 12:56:52 am
      Does Jürgen have an identical twin brother, who could hold down the fort till Jürgen is itching to get back to us, the following Season?
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 842 posts | 142 
      Reply #879: Apr 02, 2024 06:59:10 am
      "My information is that it's incredibly unlikely LFC will move for Roberto De Zerbi, im told that's not going to happen"

[@David_Ornstein] - (from his podcast)
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 842 posts | 142 
      Reply #880: Apr 02, 2024 10:52:47 am
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #881: Apr 02, 2024 02:58:48 pm
      "My information is that it's incredibly unlikely LFC will move for Roberto De Zerbi, im told that's not going to happen"

[@David_Ornstein] - (from his podcast)

oh thank god for that
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 842 posts | 142 
      Reply #882: Apr 02, 2024 05:01:17 pm
      Sky reporting that FSG are set to appoint Pedro Marques as technical director....
      He's worked at Benfica and Sporting as well as City. I wonder if that's an indication that Amorim has agreed to join too?
      Or maybe 'The Special One' is coming?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #883: Apr 02, 2024 05:35:15 pm
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #884: Apr 02, 2024 05:48:36 pm
      Sky reporting that FSG are set to appoint Pedro Marques as technical director....
      He's worked at Benfica and Sporting as well as City. I wonder if that's an indication that Amorim has agreed to join too?

Im easily confused admittedly but what is the difference between technical director and the position hughes will take up?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #885: Apr 02, 2024 06:15:17 pm

It won’t ever be Mourinho
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #886: Apr 02, 2024 06:38:12 pm
      Im easily confused admittedly but what is the difference between technical director and the position hughes will take up?

I'd guess Marques would be more involved with coaching and development across the club (and group once it expands) more than recruitment. He does seem to have very good pedigree. Benfica also renowned for producing and nurturing great talent.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #887: Apr 02, 2024 06:43:46 pm
      I'd guess Marques would be more involved with coaching and development across the club (and group once it expands) more than recruitment. He does seem to have very good pedigree. Benfica also renowned for producing and nurturing great talent.

Yes. Benfica and sporting down the years have churned alot of talent out. Nice to see us starting to do likewise isnt it.

Im really worried about the future post Jürgen. I cant think about life without him here but at least moves are being made and a plan seems to be in place.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #888: Apr 02, 2024 06:48:52 pm
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 842 posts | 142 
      Reply #889: Apr 02, 2024 08:30:57 pm
      Some online rumours saying De Zerbi now heavily linked with Bayern Munich job...
      Harrisimo

• 8,410 posts | 1431 
      Reply #890: Apr 02, 2024 09:35:41 pm
      Could give it to this lad and get about 6 managers in one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmjcMzOtx2U

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,521 posts | 3462 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #891: Apr 02, 2024 11:22:30 pm
      Sporting have just knocked benfica out of the Portuguese cup
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #892: Apr 03, 2024 10:09:39 am

I wondered that also, I figured Highes was coming in a tech director. I do like the idea of a Portuguese input though, so much talent coming through that league in recent years.

For me, whoever we bring in. They have to have won title(s)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #893: Apr 03, 2024 12:40:03 pm

technical director for FSG & not Liverpool. He will work with Edwards to find another football club to buy.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,144 posts | 3383 
      Reply #894: Apr 03, 2024 12:59:01 pm
      Doesn't mean anything but Brighton/De Zerbi need to win all their remaining games to reach 69 points.

If we win tomorrow, we're guaranteed to finish on at least 70 points.

I don't know if the best we can get is somebody who is unable to catch us with still eight games to go.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #895: Apr 03, 2024 01:28:15 pm
      technical director for FSG & not Liverpool. He will work with Edwards to find another football club to buy.

Yeah FSG is going down the multi-club approach. Unfortunately football is going down this route but it is where it seems to be heading.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #896: Apr 03, 2024 02:03:10 pm
      Apparently reliable for Portugese news....broke the news of Lucho and Nunez first as well....

https://twitter.com/pedromsepulveda/status/1775444699102220518?s=46&t=I9B3N5FNSxFdHZy_BQFPZg

Quick Reply