Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson Becker
      (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      (3.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      (5.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      (3.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      (3.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      (3.8%)
      Mohamed Salah
      (1.9%)
      Luis Diaz
      (67.3%)
      Wataru Endo
      (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      (5.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      (3.8%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      (0%)

Voting closes: Today at 09:59:00 pm

Everton 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5126 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Everton 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #897: Apr 25, 2024 07:00:20 pm
      I’ve had some not so wonderful medical news lately, hopefully I’ll be here for few more years, but this has left me feeling lower than even that. When things are down, it’s sometimes our team that gives us the lift we all need!
      Think I’ll give football amiss for the rest of the season, can’t cope with the disappointment any more. Maybe I’m just hurting, but think it will be a long time before I get over this!

Sorry to hear about your news RedAngel. Prayers go out to you and your family. God Bless You and those around you during this time. Keep fighting and know you are never alone, ever. You are a Red.

Was working last night so missed the game. When i put a call out to the surface control room to ask the score i was told we had lost 2-0. Wasn't the first time i've been wound up by the boys and took no heed, no way could we lose to Everton i thought. When i got up to the surface my mate confirmed my worst fears.

I will not lie, i am devastated today, we have fallen off a cliff in the last 2 weeks. The buck stops with the players. There is still hope so i am not giving up just yet. Both Arsenal and City have a couple of banana skins ahead so it isn't a done deal yet.

I can deal with a loss of form all day long, what i cannot deal with is a lack of fight, desire or integrity. Don't even think i will watch the game as i can guess without watching what went wrong. sh*te defending, lack of press and wasted goal scoring opportunities.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #898: Apr 25, 2024 07:29:16 pm
      City losing tonight will make me cry
      I won't be crying.....You've got to hope they drop points....you just have to.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #899: Apr 25, 2024 07:29:47 pm
      Sorry to hear about your news RedAngel. Prayers go out to you and your family. God Bless You and those around you during this time. Keep fighting and know you are never alone, ever. You are a Red.

Was working last night so missed the game. When i put a call out to the surface control room to ask the score i was told we had lost 2-0. Wasn't the first time i've been wound up by the boys and took no heed, no way could we lose to Everton i thought. When i got up to the surface my mate confirmed my worst fears.

I will not lie, i am devastated today, we have fallen off a cliff in the last 2 weeks. The buck stops with the players. There is still hope so i am not giving up just yet. Both Arsenal and City have a couple of banana skins ahead so it isn't a done deal yet.

I can deal with a loss of form all day long, what i cannot deal with is a lack of fight, desire or integrity. Don't even think i will watch the game as i can guess without watching what went wrong. sh*te defending, lack of press and wasted goal scoring opportunities.

Thankyou so much, that is so appreciated.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #900: Apr 25, 2024 07:32:17 pm

Good luck RedAngle know the feeling.
      Lack of press, sh*te defending, no midfield, forwards on holiday but what pissed me off most was no passion, absolutely dominated by Everton, we looked like mice. Not good enough to be wearin a red shirt ( exception for Diaz )
      Redangel

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #901: Apr 25, 2024 07:36:12 pm
      Good luck RedAngle know the feeling.
      Lack of press, sh*te defending, no midfield, forwards on holiday but what pissed me off most was no passion, absolutely dominated by Everton, we looked like mice. Not good enough to be wearin a red shirt ( exception for Diaz )

Thankyou, hope you are OK.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,548 posts | 726 
      Reply #902: Apr 25, 2024 07:37:44 pm
      We haven't had a clean sheet in 8 league games. Thats a bigger issue than any individual player IMHO.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #903: Apr 25, 2024 09:40:41 pm
      I actually think we could very easily have won that game.
      Even with the problems we had at the back and set pieces.
      We had vast majority of possession, including in their half, created more, had more shots etc.
      How many times did we hit it straight at the keeper 1-on-1, or mess up good attacking positions, and attempts on goal etc. etc.
      A good finisher gets a couple.
      And goals change games.
      Maybe am a bit deluded, but doesn't feel like we were a million miles away this season.
      And that is what's so incredibly gutting, that we got within touching distance, yet again, and managed to fumble the ball short of the line.
      Can't really put it into words.
      We talk about it every year - the fine lines between challenging for a title, and winning one.
      Going that extra yard money-wise, or not.  Making tough decisions re. players, or not.
      Jürgen has had us challenging so often. Just feel he deserved more. Like again this season, and in other seasons before,
      He has been monumental for us.
      Am sure he will get a great send off.
      And he deserves it.

We have never been outplayed, but we somehow cannot raise it up to the intensity of the oppo' and keep it under check, but we still do. Getting the ball while either passing back or standing still, does not make sense to me, we used to move balls whilst going forwards so whats happened, the Genga footy that worked and they could'nt keep up 'cause it was so diverse, it could happen from anywhere, but now we are so predictable
      Tadders

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #904: Apr 25, 2024 09:57:43 pm
      At the end of the day you have to say that we are the 3rd best team in the league - last year we were the 5th
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #905: Apr 25, 2024 10:19:20 pm
      It's been quite a long time since we had a discernible identity. It's all been a bit frantic with a do or die cavalier attitude, you score...but we'll score more, and that's a very risky strategy....especially as we've seen, when the goals suddenly dry up.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,126 posts | 83 
      Reply #906: Apr 26, 2024 12:04:35 am
      At the end of the day you have to say that we are the 3rd best team in the league - last year we were the 5th

Especially after building a new team, having large injury-issues thru all season and still lead the league by 4 points after game 22 if I recall it. Such a perspective gives much more comfort and an optimistic outlook for the future.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #907: Apr 26, 2024 07:50:37 am
      Matip has been missed , hardly anyone talks about that, mainly cos quansa has been so good.

Matip loss was huge looking back on it.

His early season form was much better than the level Konate reached this season.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 157 
      Reply #908: Apr 26, 2024 09:29:10 am
      We haven't had a clean sheet in 8 league games. Thats a bigger issue than any individual player IMHO.

Horrific. We've become a very lazy team and it only takes a one or two *cough* Trent *cough* for it to start infesting throughout the squad.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2822 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #909: Apr 26, 2024 09:58:35 am

Its a coaching/system/player issue, the perfect storm
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1399 
      Reply #910: Apr 26, 2024 12:18:16 pm
      Horrific. We've become a very lazy team and it only takes a one or two *cough* Trent *cough* for it to start infesting throughout the squad.

Clearly had problems at both ends. VVD had a little pop at one or two but he's sklipper and the mainstay of the defense. He should've been stronger, and indeed Konate on the long ball and crosses into the box. Did they do a high ball training session.I don't know if they do prepare for 'industrial Sunday league' tactics. Selected training for individual match situations.

Don't think it's outright lazy football, maybe fatigue but mostly loss of form and it is a fine line between winning and not winning.
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1399 
      Reply #911: Apr 26, 2024 12:22:43 pm

Should there be a thumbs down facility on this site. Seems to me that this is a 'lazy' post. 'Not winning..oh their all lazy'....thumbs down on this one.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 157 
      Reply #912: Apr 26, 2024 01:06:57 pm
      Should there be a thumbs down facility on this site. Seems to me that this is a 'lazy' post. 'Not winning..oh their all lazy'....thumbs down on this one.

Nothing to do with winning or losing, Atalanta away was probably the laziest of the lot.....your keeper can't be having the most touches of any player in your team. That can't happen. No one besides Diaz lately has wanted to take initiative for our play. It's all pass it around at the back a bit like we're at the park then give it Trent so he can walk around with it and smash a 50 yard up the pitch. Being outfought and not winning any duels, sometimes not even contesting for duels.

So yes I don't think the calls of laziness is unmerited.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2024 01:13:00 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1399 
      Reply #913: Apr 26, 2024 01:33:31 pm
      Nothing to do with winning or losing, Atalanta away was probably the laziest of the lot.....your keeper can't be having the most touches of any player in your team. That can't happen. No one besides Diaz lately has wanted to take initiative for our play. It's all pass it around at the back a bit like we're at the park then give it Trent so he can walk around with it and smash a 50 yard up the pitch. Being outfought and not winning any duels, sometimes not even contesting for duels.

So yes I don't think the calls of laziness is unmerited.

But it's got very little to do with being 'lazy'. They lose form, not right on the day, fatigue, stress, their outplayed,wrong team selection, bad luck, bad ref, slightly less motivation sometimes for reasons unkown, their human being with all the frailties etc.

Numerous reasons. Yes since United it's gone wrong but it's not outright laziness.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #914: Apr 26, 2024 01:37:59 pm
      Such a depressing end to the season. I literally can’t believe the complete collapse.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #915: Apr 26, 2024 02:08:17 pm
      Such a depressing end to the season. I literally can’t believe the complete collapse.
      Total capitulation...Players collectively went to pieces and couldn't handle the pressure.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #916: Apr 26, 2024 02:35:08 pm
      I think second half we showed more fight, but having been shellshocked by the intensity, physicality and collective will of EFC players (and fans to be fair - that atmosphere carried Everton), the pattern of the game was set and with us chasing the game they sat back and absorbed everything. Fair play to them, theyd have been stupid to play any other way.
      Lazy? I think there’s one or two who didn’t put the kind of derby-game shift in we feel entitled to expect.
      Everton wrong-footed us and we should not have been as surprised as we seemed.
      They made it a derby when all we wanted (expected?) was a painless win. Not all our lads rolled up their sleeves and got stuck in when we needed to battle, and when a few did (Robbo, Lucho) they stood out and the rest couldnt seem to raise their spirit to match them.

Virgil’s comments after were interesting. His use of ‘they’ not ‘we’ (don’t they want to win the league?) impied that he thought some lads were slacking off. As club captain that’s damning. Wonder who he had in mind?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,548 posts | 726 
      Reply #917: Apr 26, 2024 02:56:48 pm

Depends on how you want to look at it.

If Klopp was staying, we would be saying he had a good season, vast improvement from last season and we can build for next season.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #918: Apr 26, 2024 10:13:39 pm
      It's been quite a long time since we had a discernible identity. It's all been a bit frantic with a do or die cavalier attitude, you score...but we'll score more, and that's a very risky strategy....especially as we've seen, when the goals suddenly dry up.

In a nutshell

Quick Reply