Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Europa League 2023/24 QF and SF draw

Read 2474 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Europa League 2023/24 QF and SF draw
      Mar 15, 2024 12:02:48 pm
      Quarter finals:
      AC Milan v Roma
      🔴 Liverpool v Atalanta
      Bayer Leverkusen v West Ham
      Benfica v Marseille

Semi-finals:
      Benfica or Marseille v 🔴 Liverpool or Atalanta
      AC Milan or Roma v Bayer Leverkusen or West Ham

Atalanta...good draw. Avoided Leverkusen for Semi-final, if they beat West Ham.

Beat Atalanta 5-0 away but they got an unlikely 2-0 win at Anfield. Empty ground due to Covid and I doubt we were fully up for it. Champions league.
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2024 01:10:33 pm by JD »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Europa League QF and SF draw
      Reply #1: Mar 15, 2024 12:28:21 pm
      https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/draws/

Atalanta...good draw. Avoided Leverkusen for Semi-final, if they beat West Ham.

Brilliant draw, Atalanta will be f***in bricking it, did you see the look on their officials faces 🤣🤣🤣, we ain’t losing that, then it’s Benfica or Olypique Marseilles and a trip to Dublin’s fair City, where cockles & mussels are apparently bountiful, washed down by lashings of the black stuff, get yer champers on ice ppl, I’m booking the ferry as we type 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2: Mar 15, 2024 01:00:59 pm
      Wow. What a draw. I really do feel like God is on our side...... Or lord and savior that is, not Robbie Fowler.

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #3: Mar 15, 2024 01:10:22 pm
      Great chance to reach the final there for the reds against possibly the (currently) invincible Leverkusen.  Although I'm sure the magician Moyes will want to have a say in that. 

We really should get past Atalanta/Benfica/Marseille.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Mar 15, 2024 01:12:03 pm
      Good draw cant ask for any more, just do our job
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Re: Europa League 2023/24 QF and SF draw
      Reply #5: Mar 15, 2024 01:37:40 pm
      Will be asking for West Ham to make the final.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6: Mar 15, 2024 02:21:17 pm
      Can't ask for much more. We got the easier teams on our side of the draw. We play up to our abilities we should be booking a place in Dublin. Personally I just wanted to avoid West Ham for the fact I dislike playing other English teams in Euope
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #7: Mar 15, 2024 02:23:52 pm

Brilliant draw, Atalanta will be f***in bricking it, did you see the look on their officials faces 🤣🤣🤣, we ain’t losing that, then it’s Benfica or Olypique Marseilles and a trip to Dublin’s fair City, where cockles & mussels are apparently bountiful, washed down by lashings of the black stuff, get yer champers on ice ppl, I’m booking the ferry as we type 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA

Ticket info won't be out till April at least. Registered with UEFA just in case there is half a chance. Nip down the road for me. Might even traipse down even if I haven't gorra ticket.

She's got relations close by but rather kip in a hotel and have a wonder round the next day.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #8: Mar 15, 2024 02:45:41 pm
      I fancy our chances to get to the final...and win it ( I'm guessing we're favourites to win it?)....but it seems to me there are some on here almost taking it for granted; there's a lot of competitive football between now and Dublin. Cup competitions are like Who wants to be a Millionaire...The further you get the harder it gets!
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #9: Mar 15, 2024 03:01:52 pm
      I fancy our chances to get to the final...and win it ( I'm guessing we're favourites to win it?)....but it seems to me there are some on here almost taking it for granted; there's a lot of competitive football between now and Dublin. Cup competitions are like Who wants to be a Millionaire...The further you get the harder it gets!

Der na...

Here comes your (mythical) Million pound question.

Matt McQueen and his brother Hugh made their debut for LFC against which team.

A. Woolwich Arsenal
      B. Newton
      C.Accrington Stanley
      D.Preston North End

You have to answer within 90 seconds.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10: Mar 15, 2024 03:02:40 pm

YNWA

Draw fixed again.   :f_whistle:
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #11: Mar 15, 2024 03:05:57 pm
      Der na...

A. Woolwich Arsenal
      B. Newton
      C.Accrington Stanley
      D.Preston North End

Time's up..it was Newton FC in 1892...so you don't win the Million..and we might not get to the bleedin' final now..
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #12: Mar 15, 2024 03:21:16 pm
      Der na...

A. Woolwich Arsenal
      B. Newton
      C.Accrington Stanley
      D.Preston North End

Having never heard of him I will need to use a lifeline: 50/50 is no good as I still won't know the answer, Clarkson wouldn't know,...an audience made up of the general public are unlikely to have heard of him.....Which leaves asking a friend, again this would be a waste of time as nobody I know would know the answer......
      ....So I'll take the money.....Final answer.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 804 posts | 154 
      Reply #13: Mar 15, 2024 03:31:12 pm
      Who did Utd get?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #14: Mar 15, 2024 03:37:47 pm
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #15: Mar 15, 2024 04:14:50 pm
      Good draw. Do the job at Anfield is the best way to manage it.

Could end up being the first time the two finalists of this competition are stronger than the two that make the CL final.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #16: Mar 15, 2024 06:40:54 pm
      Will be asking for West Ham to make the final.

Couldn’t think of anything worse

Milan or Bayer
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #17: Mar 15, 2024 07:52:56 pm
      Still looking good for a forum meet in Dublin.

Nice enough draw that.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4993 
      Reply #18: Mar 16, 2024 06:42:39 am
      Ticket info won't be out till April at least. Registered with UEFA just in case there is half a chance. Nip down the road for me. Might even traipse down even if I haven't gorra ticket.

She's got relations close by but rather kip in a hotel and have a wonder round the next day.

Make a deal with ye, I’ll stay with her relatives you stay in a hotel, doubt we’ll get tickets but no worries plenty of boozers and Guinness available 🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4993 
      Reply #19: Mar 16, 2024 06:52:55 am

Isn’t that the truth but only if yer not Liverpool, so who do fear longy? would it be Atalanta ? Or is it Benfica ? Or the cheese eating surrender monkeys from Marseille, could it possibly be the bubble blowers ?
      Leverkusen are probably the only side who could cause a upset but then inexperience could get in their way,
      Seems you don’t have as much faith as you probably should for Jürgen and the boys??

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4993 
      Reply #20: Mar 16, 2024 07:02:31 am

Correct, isn’t life a bi*ch ? Especially when yer rivals are hoovering up titles and tin right under your noses, but have no fear Keith you might have the brilliance of Southgate as yer next out of his depth manager , if Sir Jimmy gets his way, they say football is cyclical, how ironic then that Dave Brailsford is peddling in yer backyard 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #21: Mar 16, 2024 04:28:18 pm

Isn’t that the truth but only if yer not Liverpool, so who do fear longy? would it be Atalanta ? Or is it Benfica ? Or the cheese eating surrender monkeys from Marseille, could it possibly be the bubble blowers ?
      Leverkusen are probably the only side who could cause a upset but then inexperience could get in their way,
      Seems you don’t have as much faith as you probably should for Jürgen and the boys??

YNWA
      To answer your question all you need to do BTR is read my opening sentence: "I fancy our chances to get to the final, and win it."
      I was casually making the point that it get's harder as you progress further...My faith in JK and the team is, like your's, solid and unwavering.
      Have a great evening.
      Harrisimo
      • Started Topic

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #22: Mar 17, 2024 12:34:13 pm
      Having never heard of him I will need to use a lifeline: 50/50 is no good as I still won't know the answer, Clarkson wouldn't know,...an audience made up of the general public are unlikely to have heard of him.....Which leaves asking a friend, again this would be a waste of time as nobody I know would know the answer......
      ....So I'll take the money.....Final answer.

https://www.lfchistory.net/Managers/Manager/Profile/4#:~:text=But%20no%20fewer%20than%20SEVEN,the%20end%20of%20the%20decade.

https://playupliverpool.com/1924/02/23/liverpool-manager-matt-mcqueen-has-a-leg-amputated/

Triumph and tragedy. Yeah it was an ridiculously hard question.

Quick Reply