Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9115 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Apr 08, 2024 01:01:58 pm
      Keith, you son of a bi*ch, what's yalls secret? How do yall get us to stoop to your level and play as poor as you?

Congratulations fella  >:(

Fit Jota wins that game.
      Injuries catch up eventually.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #760: Apr 08, 2024 01:27:15 pm
      The fact that United fans are happy about a draw and in a season where they gonna finish outside the top 5, shows how far they have fallen.

Not really interested in any of that. Only us. What does it say for us that we could not beat the worst united team since the 80s , and they had how many players missing as well?

Time to move on. Atalanta thursday but in all truth im not bothered with the europa league. Then onto palace at Anfield. Need to beat them to set us up for the 3 away games in 6 days ... that all have to result in 3 points.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #761: Apr 08, 2024 01:43:00 pm
      Man 🤦‍♂️what the F**k am I reading here 🤷‍♂️ there’s not a goal keeper past or present that would have stopped Mainoo’s goal. Take the tints off for once.

Decent goal. Wish our lads just hit it like that rather than trying 20 passes in the box to create a perfect team goal instead. It's a simple enough hit. Jones was at fault though for allowing it. He wasn't switched on at all.. for the entire time he was on the pitch.
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #762: Apr 08, 2024 01:46:42 pm
      Some of it is down to players coming into the club from lesser leagues. Slower, less intensity. Then they come here or to another club and they up their speed and in certain situations they just snatch at it.

Look at the way great finishes deal with it, composed and clinical. Robbie or Owen..or even Jota or dare I say it Kane. They have time, yes there's urgency but composure, get the contact and body shape right, don't snatch at it.

Just snatched at them yesterday. This league is frantic, high pace etc but they have a bit more time than they realise. Nunez & Dom guilty yesterday.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #763: Apr 08, 2024 01:51:29 pm
      Fcuking ell Gaz 😂 how do you get +2 for saying you dominate us for 90 mins 😂 we battered you in the first 20 mins then you took the other 25 in first half. We came all guns firing again for the first 15 mins then you fuckers controlled the game again. 🤦‍♂️

Not even sure it was a penalty, yer man purposely left his foot there. Main thing is you lost 2 points though so all good, that’s if your a manc. 😂

It’s by no means over though, plenty of great football to watch over the next 6/7 weeks.

You're funny talking about rose tinted glasses. That interpretation of the game is hilarious.

Utd were gash and actually Liverpool were much better than we played in the Cup. We were still poor with the ball at times and woeful upfront, but comfortably controlled the game. Of course Utd would come out and run around like headless chickens at the start of the match to get their fans all excited into a false hope that they can play football. Liverpool dominated everything in that match. You only scored because we literally gave you the ball to shoot into an empty net. First shot of the game in the 2nd half. You would never have scored if not for that mistake. Probably wouldn't have had a shot all game either. That goal gave your team and fans the boost to go on and damage us.

Utd deserve nothing out of any match in the league. Should be near the bottom like Everton. Probably the luckiest team of all time.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #764: Apr 08, 2024 01:51:56 pm
      Some of it is down to players coming into the club from lesser leagues. Slower, less intensity. Then they come here or to another club and they up their speed and in certain situations they just snatch at it.

Look at the way great finishes deal with it, composed and clinical. Robbie or Owen..or even Jota or dare I say it Kane. They have time, yes there's urgency but composure, get the contact and body shape right, don't snatch at it.

Just snatched at them yesterday. This league is frantic, high pace etc but they have a bit more time than they realise. Nunez & Dom guilty yesterday.
      It's a case of being proactive rather than reactive....Top players have a mental picture of what they'll do before they do it. Kenny was the best example I can think of.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #765: Apr 08, 2024 02:21:07 pm
      i know Quansah played well overall, but i wonder why JĂźrgen didn't go for experience with Gomez in the middle?
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #766: Apr 08, 2024 02:26:31 pm
      It's a case of being proactive rather than reactive....Top players have a mental picture of what they'll do before they do it. Kenny was the best example I can think of.

They have to adapt. Few question marks over Nunez and to a lesser degree over Dom. Thought Nunez was getting there. Did that great chipped finish few weeks back. But when his blood is up he just looks rushed. His intensity and presence is a threat but he has to be cooler with more composure.

In the 2 United games we just lacked composure in the final third on at least 5/6 occasions. To make the leap from raging bull to prolific finisher is going to be difficult for Nunez.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #767: Apr 08, 2024 02:32:58 pm
      Man 🤦‍♂️what the F**k am I reading here 🤷‍♂️ there’s not a goal keeper past or present that would have stopped Mainoo’s goal. Take the tints off for once.

Fair enough. It’s very difficult to save. It is what it is. Unfortunate for us.

The longer I watch football, the more I think this is a game of making moments count, not dominate your opponents into submission all of the time. Of course that’s a means to an end. We can play poorly but making moments count is more crucial. That’s what played out yesterday.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #768: Apr 08, 2024 03:08:49 pm
      Keith, you son of a bi*ch, what's yalls secret? How do yall get us to stoop to your level and play as poor as you?

Congratulations fella  >:(

😂 Weird isn’t it, last 3 times we’ve played you and failed to win, I’ll take that all day for what we know United being a poor side. 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #769: Apr 08, 2024 03:10:50 pm
      The fact that United fans are happy about a draw and in a season where they gonna finish outside the top 5, shows how far they have fallen.

Can’t argue with that one. Glad we shut you up though. 😂well at least for 5 mins.

Remember your words not mine. 😉
      That United line up is so bad, also not Scott either. We should be comfortably beating these lots.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #770: Apr 08, 2024 03:19:12 pm
      You're funny talking about rose tinted glasses. That interpretation of the game is hilarious.

Utd were gash and actually Liverpool were much better than we played in the Cup. We were still poor with the ball at times and woeful upfront, but comfortably controlled the game. Of course Utd would come out and run around like headless chickens at the start of the match to get their fans all excited into a false hope that they can play football. Liverpool dominated everything in that match. You only scored because we literally gave you the ball to shoot into an empty net. First shot of the game in the 2nd half. You would never have scored if not for that mistake. Probably wouldn't have had a shot all game either. That goal gave your team and fans the boost to go on and damage us.

Utd deserve nothing out of any match in the league. Should be near the bottom like Everton. Probably the luckiest team of all time.

Come on Dan 😂

I know we’re a poor side but credit where’s it’s due mate. Our last 3 games we’ve managed to stop you winning, given United are now a poor side I have to milk something of the situation surly 😂

Nearer the bottom? Who’s got the tints on now. 😂  You’re still in the mix anyway, mathematically win all your games and you could still win the title.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #771: Apr 08, 2024 03:27:33 pm
      They have to adapt. Few question marks over Nunez and to a lesser degree over Dom. Thought Nunez was getting there. Did that great chipped finish few weeks back. But when his blood is up he just looks rushed. His intensity and presence is a threat but he has to be cooler with more composure.

In the 2 United games we just lacked composure in the final third on at least 5/6 occasions. To make the leap from raging bull to prolific finisher is going to be difficult for Nunez.
      Hence my comment yesterday about how the captain chaos tag is wearing thin... Strikers have to score goals...he does score goals; but there's just something missing....nous, as good a term as any.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3439 
      Reply #772: Apr 08, 2024 03:52:17 pm
      Not really interested in any of that. Only us. What does it say for us that we could not beat the worst united team since the 80s , and they had how many players missing as well?

Time to move on. Atalanta thursday but in all truth im not bothered with the europa league. Then onto palace at Anfield. Need to beat them to set us up for the 3 away games in 6 days ... that all have to result in 3 points.

The Europa is one trophy that we haven’t won under Klopp - why would you not be bothered about getting the full set
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #773: Apr 08, 2024 04:26:55 pm
      Fcuking ell Gaz 😂 how do you get +2 for saying you dominate us for 90 mins 😂 we battered you in the first 20 mins then you took the other 25 in first half. We came all guns firing again for the first 15 mins then you fuckers controlled the game again. 🤦‍♂️

Not even sure it was a penalty, yer man purposely left his foot there. Main thing is you lost 2 points though so all good, that’s if your a manc. 😂

Don't go on about a few inches of stray leg when youse have got the biggest diver in the football league in that little c**t Fernandes, should have walked for blatant cheating!

All good indeed Keith when the mancs are in the Europa Cup again next season .
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #774: Apr 08, 2024 04:29:13 pm
      The Europa is one trophy that we haven’t won under Klopp - why would you not be bothered about getting the full set

I'd take a season with the Europa League and the League Cup always nice to have the trophies coming in.

That tournament will be very tricky in itself I think but I do believe we should rest some players while the league title bid still has some life in it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3439 
      Reply #775: Apr 08, 2024 04:59:12 pm
      I'd take a season with the Europa League and the League Cup always nice to have the trophies coming in.

That tournament will be very tricky in itself I think but I do believe we should rest some players while the league title bid still has some life in it.

With players returning and Klopp having full trust in the kids then I suspect a few will be rested

Looking back to its amazing we are even at this stage and looking for two more trophies
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #776: Apr 08, 2024 05:01:46 pm
      Don't go on about a few inches of stray leg when youse have got the biggest diver in the football league in that little c**t Fernandes, should have walked for blatant cheating!

All good indeed Keith when the mancs are in the Europa Cup again next season .

Suppose the Europa better than nothing, what’s it like you being in it this year.  :f_whistle:
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #777: Apr 08, 2024 05:32:31 pm
      Suppose the Europa better than nothing, what’s it like you being in it this year.  :f_whistle:

We already have something!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #778: Apr 08, 2024 06:33:33 pm

Have to say it was a cracking strike, we’d all be praising Conor had he scored something similar, fair play to the lad for having the balls to try it but to pull it off was very impressive!!

YNWA
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #779: Apr 08, 2024 06:43:04 pm
      Kelleher Gets to that ball and he is off with a red card need to see the replay but he looked he was out side of the box

The fact he went for it tells you he misjudged where he was and thought was inside the box so technically a mistake from Kelleher and his positioned maybe just wandered and lost his bearings or he thought stopping a goal and leaving us with 10 the best outcome 🤔
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #780: Apr 08, 2024 07:36:42 pm
      The fact he went for it tells you he misjudged where he was and thought was inside the box so technically a mistake from Kelleher

May have just been instinct to be fair.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2024 08:46:21 pm by PastorGeek »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #781: Apr 08, 2024 08:21:02 pm
      Atalanta can't come soon enough, get this one out of the system.

Quick Reply