Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atalanta?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      4 (8.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      2 (4.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      3 (6.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (6.5%)
      Wataru Endo
      1 (2.2%)
      Cody Gakpo
      12 (26.1%)
      Darwin NĂșñez
      2 (4.3%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      16 (34.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: Apr 15, 2024 09:51:25 pm

Liverpool 0-3 Atalanta: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7144 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Re: Liverpool 0-3 Atalanta: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Apr 11, 2024 11:38:53 pm
      Too many times our defence seems to be left wide open, they scored three, it could easily of been six.

This must be the best team that have played at Anfield, including ourselves !
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #484: Apr 11, 2024 11:41:56 pm
      Only read half a dozen posts and I'm already about to slit my throat, the match thread is poisonous at the best of times, yes, even when we've won so I don't think I'll bother any more - totally depressing.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #485: Apr 11, 2024 11:42:34 pm
      Theyve gone mate. Theyve not got it in them. That was weak. We will have zero reaction sunday. Just a slow sloppy comotose start and be a goal down in 5 minutes. Arsenal and city are the contenders

It's why I mean I will wait until 4pm Sunday I will come.back to you then . I want to see what the reaction is but they need to improve and quickly
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #486: Apr 11, 2024 11:44:09 pm
      Only read half a dozen posts and I'm already about to slit my throat, the match thread is poisonous at the best of times, yes, even when we've won so I don't think I'll bother any more - totally depressing.

Keep your chin up, at the end of the day it is only a game !
      Paul Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #487: Apr 12, 2024 12:02:43 am
      This team is not winning 7 games straight in the PL. I guarantee you that we are dropping points against Everton/West ham and we are drawing to Spurs. We had better chances at winning the Europa league than the PL.

Don't forget Villa away still to come. 
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 778 
      Reply #488: Apr 12, 2024 12:06:00 am
      Make no mistake...this result, this scoreline will give both Arsenal & City a boost.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #489: Apr 12, 2024 12:08:41 am
      Protesting at this point in the season at this game is an absolute joke. Hope they feel ashamed of themselves.

Hahahaha you can F**k off you sanctimonious c**t.

Feel ashamed of what exactly, putting in the same effort as the players.

Considering you're F***ing first to slag the players anyway, I'd thought you would of been bouncing at this result, proper pile on on the players.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #490: Apr 12, 2024 12:09:56 am
      The only bright spot of the game was getting Jota some minutes on the pitch.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #491: Apr 12, 2024 12:12:53 am
      Nunez is coming under the microscope and it's clear his raging bull act isn't enough. He just isn't closing it down. If he's got time and space he has a chance but if it's tight and has to be instinctive then he misses most.

Throw Gakpo in as well, he was utter sh*te as well tonight.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #492: Apr 12, 2024 12:16:06 am

Pretty much like the match tonight. Grim all round
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #493: Apr 12, 2024 12:29:04 am
      Interviewed a child predator for 3 hours and then come home only to get the game spoiled. I guess I can consider myself lucky I didn't see it?

Man, wtf?
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #494: Apr 12, 2024 12:39:52 am

Feel ashamed of what exactly, putting in the same effort as the players.

Nailed it. Well done you Muppet.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 863 posts | 170 
      Reply #495: Apr 12, 2024 12:59:03 am

This is a common feat across all Liverpool platforms, especially the last few months where we’ve all grown so desperate and obsessive over giving Klopp the best possible send off
.looks to all be going up in tatters so although they’ll be a lot of rattling, knee jerking posts
it’s somewhat understandable when you keep self inflicting.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #496: Apr 12, 2024 01:16:55 am
      I dunno what's going on atm. I dunno if we're tired or what. We haven't been playing well of late. Terrible time start pissing the bed.

But if we win on Sunday and Arse don't, this place will be lit up like the 4th of July. Will anyone honestly be shocked if we advance next week? I don't think its likely, but I've said that a dozen times over the years. And if we don't advance we're still in it for the league. Long way to go yet.

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #497: Apr 12, 2024 01:58:40 am

There seems to be no in between, when we are winning we are the greatest team ever, when we lose a game or don’t play perfect the entire team needs thrown out.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #498: Apr 12, 2024 02:39:46 am
      I was unable to watch the game, so I don't know exactly what happened. Frankly, I don't want to watch the highlights either. I assume it was more of the same from what we saw on the weekend? Only this time against a team that actually knows how to take its chances and doesn't offer you a silly number of opportunities.

Sad that this is the moment in the season when the team seems to have taken a nosedive. However, as I mentioned after the United game, I'm not surprised. We haven't played good football for most of the season. Recurring problems persist without resolution, merely masked by yet another comeback or clinging to a 2-1 win against weaker opposition. We never seem to keep a clean sheet and almost always fail to finish games decisively, allowing the other team to claw their way back. What occurred in the past two games isn't much of a surprise if you've been watching closely all season long. There's a stark contrast between the results and what you actually witness on the pitch with this current iteration of the team.

Just to give you an idea of what I mean when I say there's a stark contrast between where we are in the league table and how we actually play, ask yourself where are our rivals? City just went to the Bernabeu and played a 3-3 game against one of the best teams in Europe and Arsenal drew 2-2 to Bayern who aren't having their best season, but its still Bayern. In contrast, we were lucky to only lose 3-0 at home to Atalanta.

With that said, all we can do is support them until the end and hope for the best. It's a bit late in the season to be pointing fingers. All of this can happen once the season is over (one or the other).

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2024 02:52:44 am by PolarBearRed »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 2823 
      Reply #499: Apr 12, 2024 06:14:28 am
      100%.

Bunch of fannies. Hope it was worth it.

All for the sake of a quid, they can shove their 100x1p coins up their arses as far as I'm concerned.

If the supporters are so crucial to the result, like you and several others have now suggested by saying it cost us today, then why are you happy for those supporters to be milked like a cash cow by our owners?

You can’t have it both ways.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #500: Apr 12, 2024 06:23:39 am
      “Rinsed” for the same cost as a pint of milk a match, for the second time in ten years. Put things in perspective and don’t pull the wool over people’s eyes being the victim. You’re in for a nasty shock when the next manager can’t keep pulling rabbits out of hats sourcing title winning teams on a shoe string budget. Nothing other than sour curdled cream coming out of your udder mate.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #501: Apr 12, 2024 06:58:41 am
      You can lose at home in the first leg but you shouldn’t lose 0:3 at home showing a complete abysmal performance.

The players thought it will be an easy ride and they got caught out and couldn’t cope with it for 90 Min. Forget about winning the league, we need to beat Palace that is all that matters now.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,174 posts | 524 
      Reply #502: Apr 12, 2024 08:50:44 am
      sh*t happens and yes it was bad. Been a Reds supporter long enough to know that every now and then results like this happen.
      Some of the knee jerk posts on here are embarrassing to say the least.
      This is the same team that is still with a chance to win number 20.
      Looked out of my window this morning and the sky hasn't fell in, so c'mon fellow Reds onwards and upwards we go again.
      C'mon the Redmen.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #503: Apr 12, 2024 09:08:27 am
      Spoke to a couple of friends after the match who were there, they both said it was like no other European night match at Anfield that they’d been to, no atmosphere and a totally flat performance! Is the fact that we know JĂŒrgen is leaving in a matter of weeks affecting everyone at the Club, including the supporters. I for one am dreading that final game and saying goodbye to JĂŒrgen, we’ve got to pull together to give him the best send off, hopefully with a couple more trophies.
      We need a really good win at the weekend, to lift everyone. Come on Redmen, YNWA.
      Don77

• 6,548 posts | 1093 
      Reply #504: Apr 12, 2024 09:10:25 am
      sh*t happens and yes it was bad. Been a Reds supporter long enough to know that every now and then results like this happen.
      Some of the knee jerk posts on here are embarrassing to say the least.
      This is the same team that is still with a chance to win number 20.
      Looked out of my window this morning and the sky hasn't fell in, so c'mon fellow Reds onwards and upwards we go again.
      C'mon the Redmen.

Guilty as charged.

Now sober, and with a clearer head. Im not going to change my opinion on certain players. Nor am i going to change my opinion on the lineup(which was s capable one by the way) . But the quality which was left out last night was wrong.  European QF at Anfield ....

But last night ... its a result thats been in the making for quite sometime i think. We looked like we thought they would just come and try to not lose by too many.

We could not cope with their press, their intensity or their football. They were better all over the pitch. Faster. Stronger and much better on the ball. And of course, they did not make any mistakes at the back and finished enough of their chances up top in order to win well.

What got on my nerves the most was that we were just so wide open. Easy to play through and we just could not get near them. The 'defence' last night .... no words. Only Robbo could say he played well. We cant keep clean sheets nor do we look capable of doing so.

I was at the Madrid CL game and felt last night was more of a drubbing. They could have scored 6.

This tie, whilst not over, is as good as done.

This sunday the league might be done as well. Because if they play like that palace will fancy their chances , as will fulham everton west ham spurs villa etc.

Id like to think sunday will bring an angry response. A fast start and a proper petformance from a team that doesnt want a bus parade with just the league cup on show . My head tells me it will be a slow sloppy start and we will be behind within 5 minutes of the start and it will be another tough afternoon. Palace will be well prepared. They have pace and power.

Id hope and expect to see Alisson and Jota back in the team as well. This is it. 7 to go. Do or die. But recent performances, since the international break dont fill me with hope.
      Don77

• 6,548 posts | 1093 
      Reply #505: Apr 12, 2024 09:15:31 am
      Spoke to a couple of friends after the match who were there, they both said it was like no other European night match at Anfield that they’d been to, no atmosphere and a totally flat performance! Is the fact that we know JĂŒrgen is leaving in a matter of weeks affecting everyone at the Club, including the supporters. I for one am dreading that final game and saying goodbye to JĂŒrgen, we’ve got to pull together to give him the best send off, hopefully with a couple more trophies.
      We need a really good win at the weekend, to lift everyone. Come on Redmen, YNWA.

My mate went last night and said the same. I think the tie is over mate. We will concede a couple over there. Its 100% nailed on. Can we get 5. Possibly , but the atmoshere will be tough.

The only thing that might give us a slight chance is if they just try to manage the game and sit back. But i saw enough last night to know they will create next week.

Quick Reply