Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace 14th April 2pm

Read 790 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace 14th April 2pm
      Apr 13, 2024 01:08:24 pm
      7 games to go. SEVEN!! No f*cking about now. Zero point putting Ali on the bench.

Same goes for Jota. And no more Gomez at f*cking full back. I think Dom needs leaving out tomorrow. That was not good enough thursday night.

Ali

Bradley
      Gomez
      Virg
      Robbo

Endo
      Mac
      Jones

Diaz
      Jota
      Salah
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2024 10:24:36 am by JD »
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace 14th April 2pm
      Reply #1: Apr 13, 2024 01:22:27 pm
      Not sure how true it is but my dad was saying our failure in the EL may mean only 4 CL places are available next season. This could be good for us as if its 5 then Villa and Spurs are basically assured of CL with united miles behind.

But if only 4, then they are neck and neck with something to fight for. Granted we have to play them both but so do arsenal. So hopefully villa can give arsenal a game on sunday.

The issue though is that arsenal look solid at the back. And they score goals. We cant stop giving gifts at both ends. City will just win out.

I believe 7 wins wins us the league. I just dont see the steel and backbone there though to dig in and do it.

Touch and go for 5th spot Germany slightly ahead lot will depend on Munich v Arsenal as Leverkusen will go all way and our result has not helped . Villa never ever going to get a better chance to get 4th with Spurs currently getting stuffed obviously the further they go in Europe will also help chances of a 5th spot becoming available
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #2: Apr 13, 2024 01:24:47 pm
      7 games to go. SEVEN!! No f*cking about now. Zero point putting Ali on the bench.

Same goes for Jota. And no more Gomez at f*cking full back. I think Dom needs leaving out tomorrow. That was not good enough thursday night.

Ali

Bradley
      Gomez
      Virg
      Robbo

Endo
      Mac
      Jones

Diaz
      Jota
      Salah

I would be tempted to start Jota and get 60 mins out of him . No chance Gomez starts at CB . Has to be Robbo and Bradley at FB at home will need 2 or 3 goals not sure we are able to keep a clean sheet
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #3: Apr 13, 2024 02:12:34 pm
      No more rotation, strongest possible side for the remaining few games left of the season. Score more goals than we concede, try to win every game.

Give it our best on Thursday, simply go down fighting !
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #4: Apr 13, 2024 02:48:14 pm
      I would be tempted to start Jota and get 60 mins out of him . No chance Gomez starts at CB . Has to be Robbo and Bradley at FB at home will need 2 or 3 goals not sure we are able to keep a clean sheet

Agree mate. Not for one second am i expecting Gomez to start at CB. Quansah is clearly no2 cb at the club now behind virg and Gomez is .... well as long as we have 2 cb's fit hes not getting in there is he. Bizarre. But hes not a full back either or a holding mid so hes in limbo. I think his days here are numbered.

Re Jota yes thats exactly what i was thinking 60-70 minutes.

When was the last time we had a nice comfortable win? And a clean sheet?
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,128 posts | 83 
      Reply #5: Apr 13, 2024 03:02:52 pm
      We will find out if this team has any bottle tomorrow. Anything other than a for once convincing 3 points and it could be curtains, this on paper is one of our easiest games left.

Not tomorrow but in the upcoming road games we will find out if this team has spirit. Tomorrow we will probably show a reaction because it is at home and CP sucks, then we win and everyone might go into auto-mode again but then we get some difficult road games and it is there where the league will be lost or won.
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #6: Apr 13, 2024 03:18:24 pm
      Not tomorrow but in the upcoming road games we will find out if this team has spirit. Tomorrow we will probably show a reaction because it is at home and CP sucks, then we win and everyone might go into auto-mode again but then we get some difficult road games and it is there where the league will be lost or won.

Tomorrow wont be easy. And with our soft centre and playing santa at both ends of the pitch they will fancy their chances.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #7: Apr 13, 2024 03:50:24 pm
      Agree mate. Not for one second am i expecting Gomez to start at CB. Quansah is clearly no2 cb at the club now behind virg and Gomez is .... well as long as we have 2 cb's fit hes not getting in there is he. Bizarre. But hes not a full back either or a holding mid so hes in limbo. I think his days here are numbered.

Re Jota yes thats exactly what i was thinking 60-70 minutes.

It's what we need a statement win and if we get it it's still on although any win will do it would be nice to win nil for a start
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #8: Apr 13, 2024 04:01:07 pm
      It's what we need a statement win and if we get it it's still on although any win will do it would be nice to win nil for a start

Yeah. A couple up by half time and control the game. Heres hoping ... but not expecting
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #9: Apr 13, 2024 04:04:48 pm
      Jota goes straight in up top.

Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #10: Apr 13, 2024 07:28:33 pm

Jürgen says he isn’t ready to start yet. We will have our best 11 available just as we have F**k all to play for
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #11: Apr 13, 2024 11:50:31 pm
      Quote from Don77
      Agree mate.

Forgotten already.

Forest away, and Brentford away.

Obviously we're currently leaning towards "the ship has sunk" end of the doubters and believers scale. But we're just a scrappy 1-0 win again from being in "the sky's the limit" end again.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #12: Apr 14, 2024 12:29:56 am
      Forgotten already.

Forest away, and Brentford away.

Obviously we're currently leaning towards "the ship has sunk" end of the doubters and believers scale. But we're just a scrappy 1-0 win again from being in "the sky's the limit" end again.

Hardly comfortable at Forest, they batteted us and we snuck a win ffs.
      Take the rose colour specs off.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13: Apr 14, 2024 04:16:28 am
      One thing is sure: Klopp retiring was not a bad idea. He brought us very far but not into the promised land. Now we have a buzzing team with maybe one or two additional key signings coming in summer, so if we hit someone special maybe he can win 3-4 major titles (PL, CL) in the next 5 years. It is this ultimate success that Jürgen lacks.

I was gonna call you a Kunt, but that would make you useful !!

You really have no f***in clue, nor do you understand Liverpool FC, so why don’t you just F**k Off and stop f***in winding us up, you are fast becoming the worst poster in the history of this forum, I’ve not been here since it’s inception but I can’t imagine anyone who posts as much complete and utter sh*te as you do!!!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,023 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14: Apr 14, 2024 08:07:53 am

I was gonna call you a Kunt, but that would make you useful !!

You really have no f***in clue, nor do you understand Liverpool FC, so why don’t you just F**k Off and stop f***in winding us up, you are fast becoming the worst poster in the history of this forum, I’ve not been here since it’s inception but I can’t imagine anyone who posts as much complete and utter sh*te as you do!!!

I can think of at least two worse than him Billy  ;D Water and Cock_ney  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Apr 14, 2024 09:09:26 am
      I can think of at least two worse than him Billy  ;D Water and Cock_ney  :lmao:

Nah mate, not as bad as the tw*t with no name!! 🤣🤣

YNWA
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #16: Apr 14, 2024 09:10:13 am
      Ali back today ?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,344 posts | 1529 
      Reply #17: Apr 14, 2024 09:53:03 am
       I'm not convinced we can win today. I think the mental pressure has got to our lads. Gotta as good as he is, isn't going to hit the ground running. He's gonna need a couple of games to get up to speed. Same with Trent.
      I feel dead from the waist up after the two implosions versus the mancs followed by Thursday nights capitulation.

A convincing win is desperately needed to put us back on track, but I'm struggling to see where its coming from at the moment.

I've still posted a 2-0 win, but also think this game, as well as winning would put us back on top, anything else would see our season unravel.

Just not sure which team of ours is gonna turn up. 

I feel absolutely sh*t with a capital S. Just hope the lads can somehow get it together and do a proper job today.

To add to that, my fire stick has expired, and I can't even watch it     :mad: :mad: :mad:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,344 posts | 1529 
      Reply #18: Apr 14, 2024 10:03:35 am
      The run in starts today at 2.00pm.  Is there no pre match thread ?

Personally, I wouldn't know where to start
      JackRed97
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #19: Apr 14, 2024 10:38:25 am
      Team has leaked..
      Ali, Bradley, Quansah, Virg, Robbo, Endo, Macca, Dom, Mo, Darwin, Diaz
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #20: Apr 14, 2024 10:39:30 am
      Having Jota back from the injury list is a great boost for the boss and will ease his selection concerns.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #21: Apr 14, 2024 11:09:27 am
      Strongest possible side available, plenty of support from the crowd and all three points.

Then the season will be far from over !
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #22: Apr 14, 2024 11:14:54 am
      Kelleher..Bradley..Joe.. VVD..Robbo...Mac..Endo.. Dom..Mo..Nunez..Diaz.

Joe in his best position. Quansah still learning his trade. Jota on after 60. Ditto Jones. 2-0

Quick Reply