Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Result against the scum?  (You must be logged in to vote)

Liverpool hand United a lesson. Reds win.
      (75.9%)
      Unsatisfyng draw
      (7.6%)
      United buy the ref and beat us
      (3.8%)
      Match postponed because Gary Neville's got plans with his brother, father and mother.
      (12.7%)

Liverpool v Man Utd (Sun 16 Dec 1.30pm)

Read 35478 times
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Re: Liverpool v Man Utd (Sun 16 Dec 1.30pm)
      Reply #368: Dec 17, 2007 11:36:53 am
      Can I just admit that I was sitting on the couch in my mate’s house at about 13.25 yesterday.  I was perusing the forum when I noticed that someone had posted the team. I thought it very odd that Rafa should announce the team about 2 and a half hours before kick-off. It was only when JD or somebody mentioned that we only had 5 mins to wait that I realised that I had the time mixed up with the Arsenal game. You’ve never seen me run to the pub so fast. I think my mate’s laptop was tossed into the fire as I jumped up and dashed out.

::)

:D
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #369: Dec 17, 2007 12:01:05 pm
      only 3 words to describe about this game: absolutely F***ing gutted!

I was going to wright up what I thought about each player and about how sh*te manure were but I'm not, I'm too pissed off. and to come on here and see all the pessimistic F**k wits back has pissed me off even more.

a message to you lot: GO F**k YOUR SELVES!!!

we are not out of the tittle challenge you tossers! and yes Rafa is the right man for the job.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #370: Dec 17, 2007 12:11:05 pm
      only 3 words to describe about this game: absolutely F***ing gutted!

I was going to wright up what I thought about each player and about how sh*te manure were but I'm not, I'm too pissed off. and to come on here and see all the pessimistic F**k wits back has pissed me off even more.

a message to you lot: GO F**k YOUR SELVES!!!

we are not out of the tittle challenge you tossers! and yes Rafa is the right man for the job.

8) Tell it like it is Dobbs! ;)

I agree with you though mate, it doesn't help when you've got to come on and dispell all the sh*te!

I'm still gutted this morning! Not as much as lastnight, but the reality of our league position is setting in now! Portsmouth will be hard, and the City game no longer a formality! Their home record is 9 out of 9, and we're going to their place below them in the league at the minute! :-\ Best get our sh*t together! ;)
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #371: Dec 17, 2007 12:26:19 pm
      yeah your right mate, now is the time to win a hand full in a row. pull our selves up further, the title isnt over by along shot but if we dont start winning at home it will be extremely hard.

I watched the game with my cousin actually, like I said I woudnt and even though he is a mank supporter he too felt they played dirty and was the worst game hes seen in the league so far on both acounts. just scrapy sh*te.

god i wana king hit ferdinand right in his F***ing teeth  >:(
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #372: Dec 17, 2007 12:41:24 pm
      is there any way of banning or blocking people from putting up complete pessimistic sh*te on here when ever we have a negative situation arise?
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #373: Dec 17, 2007 02:05:19 pm
      Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just ignore those posters. It's simple really. Reply to them and you are only adding fuel to the fire.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #374: Dec 17, 2007 02:08:33 pm
      Lots of interesting posts and I'm glad to see it's mostly positive.  I understand the negative posts as well though.  When you are frustrated by losing to a team you have generally outplayed it is easy to lash out at all and sundry to try and explain the result.  JD puts it very well.  Football is not a precise art and you will get these type of results.  You don't always get what you deserve.

My thoughts are that we got beat by a very good team by one goal which was scored from a set piece and resulted from a lapse in concentration by our defence.  We had more chances to win the game and on another day may well have done so.  We totally nullified their 'stars' (Ronaldo, Tevez and Fatlad).  Gerrard played deep and I think that was part of Benitez's strategy to limit their chances.  This certainly worked.  I thought everyone gave a hundred percent and I will not criticise any of the players for their effort.  

Games like this are won and lost on small details.  I think that we looked considerably better when Babel came on and I think that is where we could have turned this game.  We should have started Babel with Torres from the start.  I'm sorry, but for all his effort Kuyt is not good enough and as with the Arsenal game was easily dealt with by the opposition defence.

I have deliberately waited until the gloom of the defeat has lifted a bit before I decided to post anything on the match.  Winning this game would not have meant we would win the Premiership just as losing it does not mean we cannot win the Premiership.  (I had a forboding before the game kicked off when I noticed the programme was issue 13.)  We have the class in our team to get something out of the remaining games.  As yet the fat lady isn't singing.

RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #375: Dec 17, 2007 08:33:32 pm
      First things first... We were hit with a sucker punch, a set piece similar to the one we used against the Chavs when Agger scored in the CL semi this year. The difference there was ours was a class act, well rehearsed and clinically executed. Teves was quickest to react to Shrek's scuffed shot but the initial idea was there and they just got lucky. Why Rooney wasn't marked is anyone's guess, it's 11 v11 out there so that in it's self is disappointing - end result: they scored and we didn't.

We dominated a great deal of the game but that counts for nothing when scoring goals does, that's what it's all about. We have been scoring goals for fun of late but against Utd it wasn't going to be that easy. As a football fan credit must be given where it's due and while they were jammy bas**rds this time and last we can not blame them for our own inability to score. Games are won with magic, moments of madness or a man(c) in the right place at the right time!
      Torres unfortunately was not able to deliver the killer blow he has built his reputation on. It's hard to take when your best striker is having a difficult game at home in front of his adoring fans. He will learn greatly from this experience, he won't enjoy the taste of defeat when he feels the weight of responsibility on his shoulders. Kuyt just wasn't providing too much of a threat despite his undying perseverance and was rightly substituted by Crouch as was Kewell by Babel. Kewell's game is progressing little by little and it's great to see him getting plenty of action after his lengthy layoff through injuries. I don't think I need to say too much about Babel - apart from the fact he is a class act at only 20 years of age.

Gerrard and Risse could take free kicks all day and all night but Utd kept a tight rein on their defensive game (shabby as it was at times) and we constantly looked more likely to score! I would dearly like to see Risse score from somewhere, anywhere on the pitch for the sake of his own confidence. I am as frustrated as anyone to see the ball end up in row Z, but he tries hard. His game seems to be lacking in crossing and finishing but not effort, it might not be pretty but while he wears the RED shirt he deserves our support. When the illusive goal arrives it will be just reward for his efforts. He is not an out and out striker employed to score goals. Neither is he a winger although he has often played in an advanced role. He is ultimately a left-back. He made a rod for his own back with that historic "Rocket" v Utd in 2001. When he does score it is normally a memorable strike as was his last v the Chavs when he ran from his own half on the right wing. (I stand corrected - he scored v Barcelona en-route to this year's Champions League Final with his right foot! ;))
      Which brings me to the point - Finnan, a right-back, is a fantastic player who has only once ever scored for Liverpool in his 4 year LFC career (v Tottenham) and what a neat finish that was. To summarize this point  ::) No one expects Finnan to score so why pile the pressure on Risse. They both are defensive players who like to and can get forward. Put Finnan in front of a free kick and see what happens... he knows his job and sticks to it and is consistently good at it. Risse gives the best of what he can offer in various areas of the field and deserves credit for that - as annoying as a misplaced pass, bad cross or ball flying off in to row Z gets!  ::)
      I can't say that anyone in the team had a shocker to be honest. Some were less effective than others, true, adjustments were made but with no end result. Collectively we were not out classed or out performed on Sunday and this season we look a stronger squad on the whole.

Yes we dropped 3 points at home (against the last season's League Winners  :P ::) ) and yes we have drawn 6 games but there is still a long way to go yet. 10 points behind the leaders with a game in hand could reduce the deficit to 7 points. That's 3 must win games for sure (or 2 and a draw) plus obviously a good, strong concerted effort with every fixture that comes along. I don't want to see us relying on other teams to slip up and drop points (but I wouldn't mind!) To be Champions we have to weather 10 months of footy and still be able to produce the KO when it counts. Champions can take a beating if they're tough enough but it's how they react that matters... Istanbul, Cardiff, Marsille...  ;)  :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2007 08:44:28 pm by RED1028 »
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #376: Dec 17, 2007 11:40:21 pm
      good thoughts guys

what i meant by banning people is if they show a doom and gloom post every time some thing happens and dont bother offering there opinion on anything else thats going on or is positive through out the rest of the time, the people on here that seem to just spread bad vibes.

but your right every one is entitled to there opinion even if it is a sh*t one.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #377: Dec 17, 2007 11:50:16 pm
      It's a fkn opinion, so get over your fkn selves.
      Im not being pessimistic, im just stating what i saw of our game....why cant you be open to accept criticism?? After all, the only we we're going to improve is by pointing them out, and rectifying them...
      Why is it that you can never realise that we ARE NOT PERFECT??? WE DO MAKE MISTAKES!!!!!!

Stop being so fkn one-eyed!!!!!
      If u cant see that we're too predictable, we have no wingers, we need a 'real' and dangerous striking partner for torres, we rely on a hand-full of players, you need to wake up and smell the fkn roses....coz that is the reality....
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #378: Dec 18, 2007 12:09:36 am
      I'm talking about the fuckers that post things like, we are never going to win the title and Rafa is sh*t he will not win us the league we should fire him all our players suck balls, all that type of sh*t.

no one on here singled you out you just singled your self out scouser10.

I enjoy peoples opinions on here and a lot of people on here can post up intelligent negative opinions and justify them. but there is also people on here dribbling sh*t which makes you think, do they actually support liverpool?
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #379: Dec 18, 2007 12:13:37 am
      Yep, thats kool mate...it was just a bit coincidental thats all....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #380: Dec 18, 2007 12:21:01 am
      It's a fkn opinion, so get over your fkn selves.
      Im not being pessimistic, im just stating what I saw of our game....why cant you be open to accept criticism?? After all, the only we we're going to improve is by pointing them out, and rectifying them...
      Why is it that you can never realise that we ARE NOT PERFECT??? WE DO MAKE MISTAKES!!!!!!

Stop being so fkn one-eyed!!!!!
      If u cant see that we're too predictable, we have no wingers, we need a 'real' and dangerous striking partner for torres, we rely on a hand-full of players, you need to wake up and smell the fkn roses....coz that is the reality....

You have your opinion just as much as anyone else does on here scouser. It's interesting to have you back to put a different spin on things..... But try not take the dictatorship angle and tell everyone to get over their fkn selves. A lot of people will take it the wrong way and attack you for it - or end up having to explain like Dobbs felt he had to. Constructive criticism is always welcomed and accepted. It forms a debate.

Now get over your fkn self!  ;)

scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #381: Dec 18, 2007 12:25:58 am
      And what different spin on things have i put redkenny??
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #382: Dec 18, 2007 12:28:42 am
      holy sh*t ive lost a point, better keep my opinions to myself then aye? ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #383: Dec 18, 2007 12:30:56 am
      You have your opinion just as much as anyone else does on here scouser. It's interesting to have you back to put a different spin on things..... But try not take the dictatorship angle and tell everyone to get over their fkn selves. A lot of people will take it the wrong way and attack you for it - or end up having to explain like Dobbs felt he had to. Constructive criticism is always welcomed and accepted. It forms a debate.

Now get over your fkn self!  ;)

:lmao:

I think everyones a bit upset over the result.  I was gobsmacked because we were caught by a complete sucker punch!

Alas, I've put the game to bed in the back of my head ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #384: Dec 18, 2007 12:31:23 am
      holy sh*t ive lost a point, better keep my opinions to myself then aye? ;)

You got a + from me before mate ;)
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #385: Dec 18, 2007 12:38:48 am
      cheers mate!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #386: Dec 18, 2007 12:49:40 am
      And what different spin on things have I put redkenny??

Negative spin mate. Looking for the things that aren't right. You're not soft. You know that. And I know it's because you only want us to dominate and when we don't, you get angry and angry with others. That's why i said don't take the dictatorship angle. You wont be listened to, if you do. Hope you understand.

This thread is going the wrong way now, so  :ontopic:
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #387: Dec 18, 2007 12:55:37 am
      i didnt put a negative spin mate....i was just stating the obvious....
      i want us to dominate, but the reality is different...

so yeah, on topic!!!!
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #388: Dec 18, 2007 04:01:59 am
      Back to the discussion on the Game. To summarize, it was a poor game by both teams, did Man Utd deserve 3 points, probably not, did we deserve them, no we need to take our chances. I think that we both deserved the same amount of points, Man utd should have gotten 1 point and either we should have had 1 or 0 points. We can't rely on our better players we need some other players to get back into form, Benayoun or Arbeloa, they weren't that special on Sunday, but before Benayoun was injured he was in brilliant form, we need that back. Our next league matches until March are not easy, the only teams which we did beat with ease are Derby and Sunderland, however we dominated againest Wigan, only we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net enough, like Sunday.

Maybe the motivation which the players were given in the 05/06 season to win 11 out of 12 games will come back. I think as so many times this has popped up on the forum, we need to play the whole 90 minutes like we did in the last 10 minutes againest the Mancs, or when we haven't been winning. The attacking football in the later stages of the game has only been used twice or thrice in this season for 90 minutes (Derby, Marseille and Besiktas).

I just got the thoughts of the game out of my head, but now in our household it is being replayed on TV, had to escape to my bedroom, it is terrible how it is still on the news, the replays are on 24 houres a day, Cmon Liverpool just beat Chelsea so we don't have to see or listen about the game!
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2007 04:43:41 am by benforrest »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #389: Dec 18, 2007 03:28:04 pm
      I'm personally still REALLY struggling to get Sunday out of my system.

Just need the next game to start to forget about the scum robbing us ...again.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS.

IRWT

YNWA
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #390: Dec 18, 2007 03:31:11 pm
      I'm personally still REALLY struggling to get Sunday out of my system.

Just need the next game to start to forget about the scum robbing us ...again.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS.

IRWT

YNWA

We're going to have to stop saying the Mancs have robbed us. It was a scrappy game, we didn't finish as well as we hoped to, they took their chance and won it. I'm not arsed now, it's over and done with!

All's I ever get off the bluenoses is that we robbed them in the Derby! I don't want any of us sounding like that! :-\

Quick Reply