Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

World's Most Over-rated Player?

Read 11131 times
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      World's Most Over-rated Player?
      Dec 17, 2007 08:58:21 pm
      Who do you think it is?

I will say Kaka', because everyone says he is the worlds most influential player, but Milan are struggling in Serie A. I stilll think Ronaldinho is the worlds best
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2007 03:48:27 pm by Finnan4eva, Reason: JD told me to »
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: World's Most Over-rated Player?
      Reply #1: Dec 18, 2007 02:04:00 pm
      Christiano Ronaldo its ok doing the business against  Derby and the like but he goes missing in big games rarely noticed him against us on sunday.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Dec 18, 2007 03:05:23 pm
      Christiano Ronaldo its ok doing the business against  Derby and the like but he goes missing in big games rarely noticed him against us on sunday.
      Totally agree with you there mate. He is often never seen in the big games, of all the time he has been with the scum I have seen him score once against the gooners and that was this season. Albeit the game he played was shocking but he was in the right place at the right time for that one and not really seen too much.
      Against AC Milan in that semi final (BOTH LEGS) he didnt even turn up sh*t scared of them he was. I dont know where the F**k Sky sports and there paper the S*n get off on pronouncing him the best player in the world. Who the F**k makes that sh*t up anyway?? how can an indivdual be the best player in the world when its a F***ing team game?? Its illogical Captain.... IT doesnt make sense. You can have a best team in the world for sure (ha ha I know)
      And a best weightlifter or boxer or martial artist but I just cant see who makes the criteria for best player how do you define this??
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #3: Dec 18, 2007 04:16:41 pm
      Going to have to disagree with you on Ronaldo. As much as I hate the guy and know he's a cheating scum, he's a quality player. There are very few players who can do what he does at such pace. Despite him being extremely good, he's not the kind of player I'd want in the Liverpool side, whatever his talents may bring. He's an arrogant, diving cheat. To judge Ronaldo on those three games mentioned though, is harsh. All players have their bad days, and though Gerrard wasn't anywhere near at his best on Sunday, it wouldn't stop most of the people on this board naming him amongst their top players in the world.

Admittedly the S*n calling him the best player in the world is over the top, but then again nearly all Premiership players with the top teams are overpaid and overrated compared to some of the small time players out there. Croatia - England was a fine example of this; the relative unknowns that they had out there played much better football than those rated far higher in pay and in the media on the England team.

It's hard to define one player as the most overrated, but I always thought 30m for Rio Ferdinand, with his attitude, personality, brain and footballing skill was complete madness.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #4: Dec 18, 2007 04:19:10 pm
      Admittedly the S*n calling him the best player in the world is over the top, but then again nearly all Premiership players with the top teams are overpaid and overrated compared to some of the small time players out there. Croatia - England was a fine example of this; the relative unknowns that they had out there played much better football than those rated far higher in pay and in the media on the England team.

Just a question, how do you know this particular newspaper said this?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5: Dec 18, 2007 04:23:05 pm
      Because prag mentioned it. :)

! Did I just get a negative for disagreeing with a point of view? Admitedly saying any Manure player is semi decent is a near criminal offence, but that's a little harsh....  ::)
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #6: Dec 18, 2007 06:22:39 pm
      Because prag mentioned it. :)

! Did I just get a negative for disagreeing with a point of view? Admitedly saying any Manure player is semi decent is a near criminal offence, but that's a little harsh....  ::)

No I didnt give you negative I would just shove a red hot poker up your arse. Seriously though you made some valid points and tried to justify your arguments mate I wouldnt give negative for that and thats the truth. I do have to agree with some of what you say though, with regards to Ronaldo he is cheating scum and thats about as far as it goes. For me personnally he is well overrated and can only look fantastic when playing against teams like Derby and Wigan, whose defensive players are of average skill no offence to Derby and Wigna fans btw. When he comes up against a quality right back like Finnan or Arbeloa or that Arsenal one with blond dreadlocks (how stupid does that guy look btw) he is shown to be nothing, its just the space he is given by some teams that makes my blood boil. I really dont rate him at all he is not even in the same class as someone like Kaka although that pains me to say.
      He really does not come up with anything that I would call aggresive tackling or even tried to get stuck in, in the old fashioned sense. He prefers to keep out of trouble on the wing doing all his flashy step overs and really doesnt get down and dirty, I dont mean hacking people out, how many times have you seen him come off a pitch with a dirty kit???
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Dec 18, 2007 06:46:35 pm
      Just a question, how do you know this particular newspaper said this?

I was speaking retrospectivly. Surely everything that is said on Sky Sports news is the same as whats printed in the S*n seeing as they are all part of the same company!!?? I heard the statement on Sky News I didnt read it in that f*cking newspaper.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #8: Dec 19, 2007 03:45:24 am
      I think that Ronaldo is overrated 2nd best in the world, C'mon, no way, our players can also score againest Derby. No doubt he is a great player, but 2nd in the world, that's just plain silly. There would be 3 more players in the league at his level who are consistant, then we can move onto other League such as the Spanish or Italian.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Dec 19, 2007 12:03:41 pm
      Steady on lads!  Ronaldo is a great player but goes missing against the big guns!  ;)

The most overrated player for me?  Oh I could mention a few.

Instead I'll boil it down to one player.

Frank Lampard.

OK give him a lot of space and time on the ball outside the box he can punish you.  But come on, he's hardly a F***ing world class Centre Midfielder!

How he gets above Gerrard in these World Player Gala's is F***ing beyond me.  Completely nonsensical.

He can't get back to cover his defence. I don't think he can tackle either!  I'm sure Chelsea's tactics are just pass it to Frank Lampard or Drogba!

If he left Chelsea in the summer it would be for the good of the Premiership.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #10: Dec 19, 2007 02:14:52 pm
      He can't get back to cover his defence. I don't think he can tackle either!  I'm sure Chelsea's tactics are just pass it to Frank Lampard or Drogba!

You're sort of contradicting yourself there. By saying a team that are above us and have been for the past few years, just plan to pass to Fat Frank, you're insinuating he's an integral part of their winning formula. To be honest, I hate him and think he's EXTREMELY overrated, but he isn't as bad as some. There's so much more class out there than him, but nor is he a terrible Premiership footballer, despite being partial to the pies.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Dec 19, 2007 02:55:40 pm
      You're sort of contradicting yourself there. By saying a team that are above us and have been for the past few years, just plan to pass to Fat Frank, you're insinuating he's an integral part of their winning formula. To be honest, I hate him and think he's EXTREMELY overrated, but he isn't as bad as some. There's so much more class out there than him, but nor is he a terrible Premiership footballer, despite being partial to the pies.

But he is a part of their winning formula!  Because teams back off him and give him licence to shoot!

That's why I said "I hope he leaves this summer".

I'm only saying he's overrated.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #12: Dec 19, 2007 05:32:57 pm

Fair enuf, I agree with you then. Sorted. :)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Dec 19, 2007 06:11:47 pm
      Fair enuf, I agree with you then. Sorted. :)

Sound :D
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #14: Dec 20, 2007 12:56:14 pm
      Moving back to the subject at hand the worlds most over rated player has to simply be Michael Ballack. Admittedly he was generally good for Germany and Bayern but at Chelsea him and Shevchenko (who was also amazing for other club and country) talk about over rated Prima Donnas!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #15: Dec 20, 2007 01:25:38 pm
      I will say Kaka', because everyone says he is the worlds most influential player, but Milan are struggling in Serie A. I still think Ronaldinho is the worlds best

Are you taking the piss mate ?
      Kaka the world's most overrated player  :lmao:

Kaka has just been voted the worlds best player !!

In my opinion he deserves that accolade. He can win a match single handedly.

For me it has to be Frank Lampard.
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007 01:32:00 pm by mrtommo »
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 21, 2007 03:30:37 am
      for some reason, david beckham comes to mind.....

the LA galaxy buy him for way too much, then he gets injured(which i guess isn't entirely his fault), the once he returns, they finish last in their divison and are considered one of the worst teams in the MLS, but they are the most popular.....

things that make you go hmmm....
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #17: Dec 21, 2007 10:44:01 am
      That's harsh on Beckham. He's reached the point of his career where he can't play consistently without getting recurring injuries or fitness problems. He is still one of the best at dead ball situations and my god he can pass. Wouldn't call him the most overrated player just because he's getting injuried alot, though anyone calling him the best right midfielder of the past 6-7 years needs their heads examined.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 21, 2007 03:16:42 pm
      That's harsh on Beckham. He's reached the point of his career where he can't play consistently without getting recurring injuries or fitness problems. He is still one of the best at dead ball situations and my god he can pass. Wouldn't call him the most overrated player just because he's getting injuried alot, though anyone calling him the best right midfielder of the past 6-7 years needs their heads examined.

you're right, he can pass, and i love to watch him take free kicks, but the media has put so much junk on his shoulders, saying that he's gonna save americas love for soccer. i don't hate the man, i guess i just hate how much the media plays him up.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #19: Dec 21, 2007 07:19:58 pm
      Alone kaka plays well in the important games
      aditya
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -3 
      • We won it 5 times baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Reply #20: Dec 26, 2007 12:26:05 am
      KaKa! He sucks at soccer.You can clearly see it in his performance with Milan this season in Serie A.

govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #21: Dec 26, 2007 05:09:59 am
      Kaka..overated? Come on guys ....he is the only good footballer in Milan.HE IS MILAN. If it wasn't for him Milan might be even fighting relegation and he turns up for big games.Remember manchester milan last season when ronaldo went missing and Kaka...taught the Mancs a lesson? If you ask he is the better player than Ronaldinho as well in terms of contribution to the team. I agree that individually Ronaldinho is better but Kaka is the heartbeat of the team.He runs Milan and to some extent Brazil aswell.He is not over rated if you ask me.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #22: Dec 26, 2007 02:42:57 pm
      KaKa! He sucks at soccer.You can clearly see it in his performance with Milan this season in Serie A.

???

Quick Reply