Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

More new stadium plans due in

Read 6496 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      More new stadium plans due in
      Dec 30, 2007 05:37:10 pm
      January 9th. New York.

New proposals from HKS the Dallas based company and some Manchester based company too - both have been briefed to come up with a 70,000 stadium substantially under the previous cost of around £430 million.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Re: More new stadium plans due in
      Reply #1: Jan 01, 2008 05:22:57 pm
      Why are they unveiling this in New York? It would make sense to do it over here.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #2: Jan 02, 2008 06:26:20 pm
      Well if they can make a 70,000 seater instead of a 60,000 seater for a smaller price than its great. As long as it is a good stadium.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3: Jan 02, 2008 07:03:52 pm
      Well if they can make a 70,000 seater instead of a 60,000 seater for a smaller price than its great. As long as it is a good stadium.

Yes.  Apparently there's going to be no seats.  To cram the extra 10,000 in we're all going to be sitting on the person behind's knee's.

Ingenious.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Jan 03, 2008 08:10:21 pm
      Yes.  Apparently there's going to be no seats.  To cram the extra 10,000 in we're all going to be sitting on the person behind's knee's.

Ingenious.

:lmao:
      Poolgiants
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 94 posts | -31 
      Reply #5: Jan 05, 2008 03:13:15 pm
      The only good thing so far about the Americans is they stopped the stupid plan by Moores and Parry to build a 60,000 seater with no option of further development. That would have been a disaster if we wanted to increase capacity in the years ahead.

batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 06, 2008 04:51:40 am
      How many can Anfield hold? I've never really known... I always thought it was around 45,000 or so, but I really don't know. Don't laugh at me too much...
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #7: Jan 06, 2008 08:06:13 am
      It's around 45,400.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #8: Jan 06, 2008 07:05:40 pm
      45,362 when full. 45,363 if I haven't got a ticket but still manage to get in!  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #9: Jan 06, 2008 07:42:36 pm
      45,362 when full. 45,363 if I haven't got a ticket but still manage to get in!  ;)

Wonder if that includes the 'coaches' seating area?
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #10: Jan 06, 2008 09:32:32 pm

Wonder if that includes the 'coaches' seating area?

90% of that figure will currently include angry, confused and disappointed fans...
      (Not right now I hope, everyone should be at home!)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Jan 09, 2008 03:57:53 pm
      January 9th. New York.

New proposals from HKS the Dallas based company and some Manchester based company too - both have been briefed to come up with a 70,000 stadium substantially under the previous cost of around £430 million.

Well here's 'Slick Ricks' statement.

LINK

PARRY PLEASED WITH STADIUM TALKS
      Paul Hassall 09 January 2008

Rick Parry has revealed that the club's plans for a new stadium have taken a 'big step forward' following a meeting with Tom Hicks and George Gillett in New York.
      The Reds' chief executive met with the club's co-owners to witness different presentations from Dallas-based HKS and Manchester's AFL.

While Parry refused to put a timescale upon when a final decision will be made, he is convinced it will provide the Reds with the best possible result.

"It was a very full day," said Parry.

"We had two very detailed and very informative presentations which were very thorough and extremely professional. It has been another big step forward to finding the best possible solution and the whole meeting was very constructive.

"Everyone is reflecting on what they have heard and a clear decision will be taken soon.

"They were both very good in terms of coming closer to the right solution. As ever, when you have a competition you hope it produces outstanding results and I think that is what we have seen today.

"Whichever we do go with it will be an excellent result."

Why doesn't he just show us the designs and the fans will decide?  It's our F***ing club.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #12: Jan 13, 2008 12:07:23 pm
      "Whichever we do go with it will be an excellent result."

But of course Señor Parry... just like it was with G&H vs DIC... whichever you chose would be an excellent choice...
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #13: Jan 17, 2008 12:15:30 am
      Guess who is the new front-runner in Hicks and Gillett's minds....

That's right - the Manchester based firm.

Talk about ingratiating them even further to the Liverpool fans - boost the Mancunian economy.

Anything else? The next time you pair are in Liverpool why don't you come round and visit and I'll see if you can sleep with my dog.
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #14: Jun 14, 2008 03:15:21 pm
      i fink we need a bigger stadium but i dont wanna leave anfield. all d memories and d euro nights. SPECIAL! i jus hope youll never walk alone sounds louder than it does at anfield because we already create d best atmosphere in d world so imagine it at stanley park. wooooo it wud be unbelievable. it wud kill united

Quick Reply