Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Martin Škrtel (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)

Read 240748 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Martin Skrtel signing for £6.5 million
      Reply #138: Jan 21, 2008 11:02:25 pm
      Looks confident to me. And passed the ball well, which is what I always look for in a new signing. Not seen enough of him to make a proper judgment though.

Looks a hard f*cker as well.
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #139: Jan 21, 2008 11:19:20 pm
      Think he will possibly fight with Rooney.

That popped up in my head too :p
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #140: Jan 22, 2008 02:49:03 am
      Looks like he has the intimidation of Materazzi, but seemed very very slow.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #141: Jan 22, 2008 07:07:35 am
      I was scared let me tell ya. Should put him in a cage and starve him then release him on the Scum and Toffees. Johnson, Rooney and co. will be placed at the nearest institute.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #142: Jan 22, 2008 07:09:24 am
      He looked like he wanted to shank Marlon Harewood last night! :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #143: Jan 22, 2008 07:20:27 am
      He looks like a tall Tommy Smith,Tommy never allowed anyone to intimidate him and I dont think this lad will either.He should go well with Mascherano another no nonsense player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #144: Jan 22, 2008 07:33:46 am
      But Masch looks like a calm fella. Skrtel is one mean looking mother!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #145: Jan 22, 2008 07:46:07 am
      But Masch looks like a calm fella. Skrtel is one mean looking mother!
      Dont care if he looks like the hunchback of Notre Dam as long as he does a good job for us and plays well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #146: Jan 22, 2008 08:08:04 am
      No doubt, his appearance will help though. Feck me i know i would sh*t myself.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #147: Jan 22, 2008 08:12:32 am
      No doubt, his appearance will help though. Feck me I know I would sh*t myself.
      As would most of us, hope he puts the shi*ts up the likes of Ronaldo and his mate Micky Rooney.Heard he was trained by the K.G.B. ;D ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #148: Jan 22, 2008 08:33:15 am
      Ronaldo would probably worry more about his hair. Rooney though would be happy to take a knock to his noggen, might smack into something attractive.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #149: Jan 22, 2008 06:20:40 pm
      Haha, when he went after Harewood ( think it was) after the striker had done something to offend him, he looked like a man possessed. Definately would not want to meet him down a dark alley.

didn't see much of him when he came on, but I wouldn't put much on us conceding a defensively sloppy goal with him on the pitch. Rafa uses a very rigid plan on the set pieces, and it's always going to take a new introduction to the backline a while to get used to the zonal marking, just as Agger had to do. When he did get near the ball, he looked strong, not too slow and composed. I was particularly impressed with him recieving the ball when it squirmed away from a Villa player, taking a touch forward and spraying a crossfield ball from the right flank out to the left wing. It wasn't a Hyypia or Carra patented hopeful long ball, it was an accurate, precise and very deliberate long ball that hit the target. Hopefully he has good passing range and will improve the options when we start passing it around at the back, as we see that all too often Hyypia or Carra just hoof it up without though, and we generally get nothing from the attack.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #150: Jan 23, 2008 11:17:59 am
      Anybody catch Skrtel telling Carra (of all people) - "YOU - HERE"  - pointing for Carra to move right-back... funny moment... and probably two of the five or so words the lad knows in English!

I wouldn't do that too often Martin... and if you do ... to Carra... smile when you are doing it... maybe you can learn to smile at Melwood.

Reminds me so much of the guy with metal teeth in the Bond films... what was his name...

Talking about looks - does Carra look like Lee Evans (comedian) or what???

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #151: Jan 23, 2008 12:06:51 pm
      Haha i think it was something like jaws. I prefer him doing that than to see him mirroring the antics of adebayor ;D ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #152: Jan 23, 2008 12:21:31 pm
      Is Martin Skrtel slow? I didn't notice him being slow, yet again the only thing I saw from him was some beautiful cross field pass and I'm telling you it was a beautiful ball.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #153: Jan 23, 2008 12:29:15 pm
      Is Martin Skrtel slow? I didn't notice him being slow, yet again the only thing I saw from him was some beautiful cross field pass and I'm telling you it was a beautiful ball.

saw that too.......pinpoint!

I wish we could have seen more of him though, he looked like he was really focused.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #154: Jan 23, 2008 12:42:35 pm
      saw that too.......pinpoint!

I wish we could have seen more of him though, he looked like he was really focused.

He is hungry player, hungry for sucsess and probably for food seeing as he's so big!
      Yeh I think he's deffo a starter if he can keep it up. Agger also a starter when he's back fit, I just feel that Carra & Sami are on their last legs now.. which is putting the strain on the other players to play deeper..

Honestly, having defenders with brilliant composure can help out in midfield and attack so much more, look at Barca for example and how well their players keep possesion. I think with Skrtel and Agger it would be a good start, now for some brilliant fullbacks who are needed as much as wingers!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #155: Feb 04, 2008 05:29:14 pm
      I watched SSN this morning for a bit.. and I'm sure he got player of the year for.. er.. his country? Or am I imagining things ???
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #156: Feb 04, 2008 06:30:46 pm
      Hehe no you are right he got Slovakia's player of the year award for 2007 congratulations to him looks like a good buy.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #157: Feb 04, 2008 06:36:21 pm
      You are right. He is the best player of his country of 2007, because of having won Russian Premier League with Zenith.
      In 2006 he was the second after Robert Vittek from 'Nurnberg"
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #158: Feb 04, 2008 06:37:58 pm
      Great to hear. His first match was harsh on him but i think it will have taught him that there is next to no room for error in this league and you can be punished for mistakes. He looked a great player in the sunderland game though. Just needs to settle into the side and create that bond that defences seem to need in order to be successful.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #159: Feb 04, 2008 06:38:31 pm
      You are right. He is the best player of his country of 2007, because of having won Russian Premier League with Zenith.
      In 2006 he was the second after Robert Vittek from 'Nurnberg"

Think he might struggle to get in the top two in our league.  At least he's got a title winning mentality.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #160: Feb 04, 2008 06:59:01 pm
      Great to hear. His first match was harsh on him but I think it will have taught him that there is next to no room for error in this league and you can be punished for mistakes. He looked a great player in the sunderland game though. Just needs to settle into the side and create that bond that defences seem to need in order to be successful.

In my opinion his mistakes came from no practice. Russian Premier League finished on 11th of November. So he wasn't in the game since then.

Interesting that there is an unofficial supporters club of him in Russia.

Quick Reply