Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool V Aston Villa Match Thread

Read 9404 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Liverpool V Aston Villa Match Thread
      Reply #115: Jan 21, 2008 10:32:13 pm

Some.

But it's overcrowded by everyone else's opinions :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #116: Jan 21, 2008 10:34:43 pm
      So it's for definite that we won't be securing Mascherano this time round?  I reckon we take Mascherano's agents to court over this.  If Tevez went to United on a free.  Surely Mascherano will be under the same circumstances?

Unless the judge was a Man Utd fan...

Tevez is on a 2 year loan and then they have the option of buying him for like 30 mill.

If the Yanks dont let us have Masch then they are deffo done for, he was one of our best players tonight and has been all season. maybe if they turned up to a game or 2 they would see that, instead of hiding in america. Did you see Parry's face when the chanting for the Yanks  was going, he looked sh*t scared. He knows he is done for if DIC come in.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #117: Jan 21, 2008 10:37:39 pm
      Where are people with that positivity? Where have they disappeared today?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #118: Jan 21, 2008 10:39:17 pm
      Tevez is on a 2 year loan and then they have the option of buying him for like 30 mill.

If the Yanks dont let us have Masch then they are deffo done for, he was one of our best players tonight and has been all season. maybe if they turned up to a game or 2 they would see that, instead of hiding in america. Did you see Parry's face when the chanting for the Yanks  was going, he looked sh*t scared. He knows he is done for if DIC come in.

Seriously?  I was led to believe that Tevez was released on a free for United to sign.  Wow, it's amazing how far ignorance can go on my behalf!  It's only the Mancs anyway ;)

Parry was in and out of his seat, probably off to change his kecks :D
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #119: Jan 21, 2008 10:39:36 pm
      so I prefer not to read negativity over Liverpool. It doesn't help to improve
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #120: Jan 21, 2008 10:39:58 pm
      Yep, no more signings in the Jan transfer window. And Gerrard has said all this bullshit with the yanks is not helping the players.

Played scatty until we got our first goal and then started having a go. That was great to see. Looked like the second was coming but once again, we can't finish teams off. Nothing worse than seeing us play in desperation. Fair do's to Villa, they only had a few chances and they managed to take two of them. Second one was so jammy!!

I said I hoped Crouch would start in the pre match thread but once again it was Kuyt. Not good enough. To be fair Torres didn't really have a good game but he's always a danger - Kuyt never seems a danger. Crouch on the other hand can cause problems and he came up with the goods tonight. I hope he plays more often with Torres from now on.

Bad times for us reds. Sick and tired. Got to keep soldiering on though.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #121: Jan 21, 2008 10:40:44 pm
      I thought my earlier post was quite positive under the circunstances. Havind read pool07's post, I agree, I also don't think sacking Rafa is the way forward, but I also believe that after the best part of 4 seasons, he shows no signs of changing his policy on rotation. As that obviously isn't working, any idea's on an alternative solution? And would Rafa take any notice anyway.?
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #122: Jan 21, 2008 10:41:43 pm
      Bad run......lads lets get real here, this is a bad season, not a bad run.....we haven't played well since the first month of the season (obvious exception Besiktas & Marseille away who lets face both are sh*t anyway). There is no way we are going to go to the bridge, OT or the emirates and going to win.....I can tell you that now....it's not being pessimistic just realistic.....on top of that are we to seriously entertain the idea that the other 3 will drop 8 - 10 points on us.....I can't see it.

I just want the best for the club....I don't think sacking the manager is the way forward but I do think his ideas need changing as regards the PL. He has had the guts of 4 seasons now and we are no closer to challenging for the title. Rotating 5 & 6 players between matches clearly isn't working....maybe time to try something different Rafa......

Just a thought.....our season slup coincides with Paco leaving, whether we like it or not his leaving does seem to have had a major impact on performances......any thoughts?

We are not that bad: We are having a bad run, not a bad season! and we can still take it to these other clowns. Recall that it took a dodgy referee decision for chelsea to get a draw earlier on in the season, Arsenal could only manage a draw against an injury ridden LFC: We can beat these clowns.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #123: Jan 21, 2008 10:42:34 pm
      Yep, no more signings in the Jan transfer window. And Gerrard has said all this bullshit with the yanks is not helping the players.

Played scatty until we got our first goal and then started having a go. That was great to see. Looked like the second was coming but once again, we can't finish teams off. Nothing worse than seeing us play in desperation. Fair do's to Villa, they only had a few chances and they managed to take two of them. Second one was so jammy!!

I said I hoped Crouch would start in the pre match thread but once again it was Kuyt. Not good enough. To be fair Torres didn't really have a good game but he's always a danger - Kuyt never seems a danger. Crouch on the other hand can cause problems and he came up with the goods tonight. I hope he plays more often with Torres from now on.

Bad times for us reds. Sick and tired. Got to keep soldiering on though.

Sums up my feelings.  Didn't bother watching the interviews after the game.  Same old story TBH!

Something has to be done with these owners quickly before they completely unsettle everything.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #124: Jan 21, 2008 10:43:36 pm
      We are not that bad: We are having a bad run, not a bad season! and we can still take it to these other clowns. Recall that it took a dodgy referee decision for chelsea to get a draw earlier on in the season, Arsenal could only manage a draw against an injury ridden LFC: We can beat these clowns.

I admire your positivity mate but I think we should be putting the title behind us, and start concentrating on getting a good run together.

But who knows.  If we get a good enough run and it's a 4 horse race near to the end of the season we can start dreaming about the possibility.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2008 10:45:39 pm by Court LFC »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #125: Jan 21, 2008 10:47:50 pm
      Yes one of the highlights of the night was seeing Rick Parry effectively soiling his trousers
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #126: Jan 21, 2008 10:55:41 pm
      I want to post here the lyrics of the song I love very much. Be so kind to translate the words of Mylene Farmer yourself.
      It' really what you  needed tonight!

( Mobby Feat. Mylene Farmer)

All that we needed, was right
      Les ombres ce soir nous menacent

Open to everything happy and sad
      Seeing the good, meme si tout va si mal
      Voir  le soleil quand la nuit nous accable
      Oh, pour un jour croire aux dieux croire aux fables

Focus on everything better today
      Crier la vie quand tout autour se tais
      Hold on to people they're slipping away
      Hold on to this while it's slipping away

All that we needed, tonight
      Are people who love us, and life
      Je sais les douleurs et les doutes
      Oh, partir et ce qu'on redoute
      Oh siiiii

Open to everything happy and sad
      Seeing the good, meme si tout va si mal
      Voir le soleil quand la nuit nous accable
      Oh, pour un jour croire au dieu croire aux fables

Focus on everything better today
      Crier la vie quand tout autour se tai
      Hold on to people they're slipping away
      Hold on to this while it's slipping away

TRY TO BE POSITIVE THOUGH EVERYTHING!
      I don't want to speak you can do or able to do this season... I want simply keep positive about Liverpool whatever happens around!
      RED YOS 23
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #127: Jan 21, 2008 10:56:51 pm
      Yes one of the highlights of the night was seeing Rick Parry effectively soiling his trousers
          Apparently the muscles in his arse have packed up. Must be from Hicks tapping him up, 20 stone knocking in a 1 inch bolt  :o
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #128: Jan 21, 2008 10:57:55 pm
      disappointing to say the least, we should have killed em off with the chances we had. i enjoyed the signs a few fans made, well up lads!
      i think it was an unlucky incident Aurelio to score an own goal but at the same time i think he played not too great on a whole tbh, that may be harsh by some peoples views on here but he really did make some bad mistakes. kewell did good and when he came off for babel i thought it was a mistake, kuyt should have come off, when he was in front of goal to the right with 3 others in front of goal he should have made a better finish than that. the goal that crouchie made was pretty F***ing impressive, the angle in which he had to use was and twist his body around was nothing short of incredible. he should be played more i think.

hard luck aye, were still waiting to turn these draws into wins and i believe if everything was sweet off the pitch then we would have different results right now.  
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #129: Jan 21, 2008 11:03:23 pm
      its a sad state of affairs when we are in january and we are still struggling to finish in 4th spot.  its not that i expexted to win the league this year, but i thought we would be challenging up tilll the end of april at least.  so much for fortress anfield, we've let far too many points slip at home, and thats whats going to screw us.  i'd love to say we'll be in a stronger position next year, but with all this sh*t going on with the yanks, who knows??  one thing is for sure though, all us fans have to stick together thru this, or else we're going to be a f***in laughin stock.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #130: Jan 21, 2008 11:17:36 pm
      Extremely frustrated about the result we cant just kill a game off if our lives depended on it, in the end we had some 18 shots to Villa's 4 and were unlucky to conceded those 2 sh*te goals. Torres was extremely dissapointing tonight as was Gerrard. Yep the title race is all over now and I will stir away from criticsing Rafa, because if anybody was to blame tonight it was purely the players.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #131: Jan 21, 2008 11:26:43 pm
      Extremely frustrated about the result we cant just kill a game off if our lives depended on it, in the end we had some 18 shots to Villa's 4 and were unlucky to conceded those 2 sh*te goals. Torres was extremely dissapointing tonight as was Gerrard. Yep the title race is all over now and I will stir away from criticsing Rafa, because if anybody was to blame tonight it was purely the players.

Spot on Dadorious. Gerrard and Torres weren't at their usual best. We created a good few chances and didn't have the 'usual two' pop up with the goods. Some of the other players need to get stuck in and stop hesitating.

Quality goal by Crouch by the way. No hesitation there...
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #132: Jan 21, 2008 11:34:53 pm
      I must say Mark Clattenburg is absolutely so full of sh*t (but mind you I probably sound like a bitter bluenose that's just been sucker punched in the dieing minutes!)
      Oh he wasn't the referee was he?! I hate this man with a passion. I'm not even gonna start because I will have a huge rant, and the thread is about tonight's game, not this tw*t.

I can't believe we only drew 2-2. Yes, credit to Villa they have improved, and still are, a lot under O'Neill, and well done to them for scoring 2 goals against us, but with the team I read in the first post of this thread it should've been what 5-2 to us. I haven't seen any goals I guess I will tomorrow night; then I will probably be able to comment a bit more. I just don't know what's happening, drawing with Boro and now Villa?!
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #133: Jan 21, 2008 11:37:47 pm
      Torres was only disappoionting since both Villa CBs had him wrapped up, he had no support, Kuyt dropping off too much or found out wide too much. If crouch had more time higher up the field this would have pulled the centre backs apart giving torres a chance. same old story effectively playin 4-4-1-1 when we should be attacking much stronger in the centre.

It really has to be crouch and torres every time with babel as back up. lose kuyt and voronin for some decent money and then invest on the flanks, other than that we look really decent it has to be said.

Another thought, apart from his "apparent" goal, Benayoun did not contribute half as much as Kewell. really should have been Pennant out right.

Lets be honest, if we bought two class wingers we would be sorted.

Another note, Villa should have won tonight, the breakaway they had by agbonlahor really should have been a goal, maybe this sort of result would buck the ideas up of a certain few players, credit to villa, they defended exactly like United did against us when in front. 11 men behind the ball all the time.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2008 11:41:38 pm by Alastair »
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #134: Jan 21, 2008 11:40:16 pm
      Oh he wasn't the referee was he?! I hate this man with a passion. I'm not even gonna start because I will have a huge rant, and the thread is about tonight's game, not this tw*t.

well,he was the referee in the game against Everton earlier in the season :)
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #135: Jan 21, 2008 11:45:00 pm
      clattenburg wasnt bad tonight, he gave us quite a bit really and let the game flow.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #136: Jan 21, 2008 11:47:47 pm
      Just got in from being at the match.
      Weird game, feeling indifferent at the moment.
      Yes it's another 2 points dropped, yes it's another game we've been punished for, for not killing the game off.
      But, I thought at times, we played some great football.

Why oh why, do we keep doing this ?
      Why do we place all 11 players in our penalty box when the oppo has a corner ?
      We should be battering teams at once was called fortress Anfield.

The good points :
      Mascherano - simply awesome yet again. To all those who say he's not worth £17m, then you haven't got a F***ing clue what your talking about, and F**k all knowledge on players abilities and positional play.
      He was suberb tonight, never gave in, even injured just before half time - feeling his achilies.
      He even squared upto Mellberg a few times, and Mellberg backed off in one confrontation.
      He is quite simply a winner, a master at his position.

Hyypia - Remind me of his age again ? Total class tonight, rolled back the years.
      Maybe knowing he hasn't many games left for Liverpool now, so enjoying his games now and relaxing.
      Won most things that came at him, and marked Carew out of the game.

Torres - Not at his goalscoring best tonight, but showed great passion and determination to fight for the ball.
      He is one player who will not dive to claim a free kick, he'd rather fight for the ball and skill spot his way out of the opposition.
      Unlucky with his effort that hit the top of the net.

The Kop - Plenty of noise from them tonight, esp. aimed at the 2 clueless idiots who bought our club.

The bad points :
      Kewell - totally lost on the pitch at the moment. Needs a goal, and a decent performance to get his head up.

Gerrard - Played well for most of the match, but went missing and seemed to stop running when Villa scored there two goals. Defo not like him, maybe he is human after all.

Kuyt - seems he can't buy a goal at the moment. Runs all day long, but what we need Dirk is that ball in the net.

Rick Parry - Unfortunately, not much chanted at him tonight. And he turns up in his new Ferrari, is that rubbing salt in wounds or what !!!

Something has to change within the club, and soon.
      We are falling well away from the top 3, and need to get our season back on track and at the very least ensure Champions League football next season.

Oh, and another good point.
      Focus' first drive to the game and performed spot on.
      Here's to the next 100+ games that poor car has to drive too.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #137: Jan 21, 2008 11:49:56 pm
      bang on mrtommo.

my focus has done 150k on a V plate and never had a problem...

Quick Reply